• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Just came here to say....guys...if you keep taking things with a grain of salt (a say that i'm hating already to hear so many times already....) you are gonna end being salty for real....so for your own good, stop taking grains of salt lol.

Also, as i said before, stop talking about mr prince aka mr. waste of time. I can't believe mods haven't banned him for trying to troll so hard all this time.

Now, on topic, i really hope tomorrow we get more answers and not more questions :/

Dragonogon

Smash Cadet
Mr. Prince still might have some credibility on one thing. There was the "Smash world" sound file in the 3DS version.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
A generic name he happened to get right. There is an incredible amount of evidence against him.
That's exactly the problem, even if he called that thing, he contradicts himself everytime. So please people. lets stop talking about that guy. Let s hope tomorrow's potd is something good, that's something better to have our minds on right now.

Tumbleweed Tuner

Smash Apprentice
The roster image for the Wii U is interesting. If there is new characters, Sakurai can not show them yet, so the roster image we saw would have to be incomplete. Annoyingly, there could be no new characters at the same time, making the roster image accurate.

I think even if ToS is confirmed and people are fighting as Ridley, this thread will still be going on. It just shows no sign of stopping. :laugh:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Mr. Prince isn't even trying anymore... :laugh:
We should just pay him NO attention. As for the TOS leak, tomorrow is Friday... 'Hopes for Smash Direct announcement that'll either confirm or debunk this leak'

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I don't think we need to ban Mr.Prince. I mean, as bad as the leak looks right now, it has Wonder-Red good stuff in it. It's just fun to have ideas tossed around. And, while his leak's future looks pretty grim, it hasn't been officially debunked, so I think we should all just wait and see how things play out.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
I don't think we need to ban Mr.Prince. I mean, as bad as the leak looks right now, it has Wonder-Red good stuff in it. It's just fun to have ideas tossed around. And, while his leak's future looks pretty grim, it hasn't been officially debunked, so I think we should all just wait and see how things play out.
One thing is to just have ideas and other thing is to state them as something true that is gonna happen. Trolling is something mods ban, i cant believe they haven't done it yet.

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
He's literally saying random **** he made up his true so he can see some people on the internet talk about. He's not throwing around ideas. He's trying to get some attention by making stuff up and claiming it to be true. **** him. He's just some attention-deprived teen who watches too much Hentai.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
He's literally saying random **** he made up his true so he can see some people on the internet talk about. He's not throwing around ideas. He's trying to get some attention by making stuff up and claiming it to be true. **** him. He's just some attention-deprived teen who watches too much Hentai.
You might need to chill a bit. I went to look at Mr. Prince's posts and couldn't help but notice some choice words directed at him from a certain green check mark. Faker or not, that doesn't give you the right to tell him to "please die" on his profile page.

Things went from amusing to dark real quick up in here.

Last edited:

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
You might need to chill a bit. I went to look at Mr. Prince's posts and couldn't help but notice some choice words directed at him from a certain green check mark. Faker or not, that doesn't give you the right to tell him to "please die" on his profile page.

Things went from amusing to dark real quick up in here.
I'm not completely serious there, obviously. I don't want someone to literally die for being an attention *****. When someone says "Can you please die?" it's a bit more lighthearted than, "I really hope you die tonight."

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
One thing is to just have ideas and other thing is to state them as something true that is gonna happen. Trolling is something mods ban, i cant believe they haven't done it yet.
Fair point. To be honest, he can be a little ridiculous. From what your saying, it is indeed trolling, so, yeah... But, still cool. There are plenty of other things we can talk about.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I'm not completely serious there, obviously. I don't want someone to literally die for being an attention *****. When someone says "Can you please die?" it's a bit more lighthearted than, "I really hope you die tonight."
I don't see the difference. One is sarcastically asking them to die, and one is genuinely hoping they die. Both are very mean-spirited and spiteful. Just try and chill out. He was just trying to get attention, it's not like he did something so horrible he deserves the death penalty. We all do it at some point one way or another.

rangergage

Smash Rookie
Just throwing this out there, but it's possible Mr. Prince is not a native English speaker, which would explain why his writing comes off as strange to some people. We shouldn't immediately discredit him based solely on that.

But the whole 'removed by Nintendo' is really silly, and makes me think he's just milking this for all it's worth. Oh well, you had a decent (sorta) run my friend, thanks for giving us stuff to speculate about during the PoTD dry spell. :)

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Just throwing this out there, but it's possible Mr. Prince is not a native English speaker, which would explain why his writing comes off as strange to some people. We shouldn't immediately discredit him based solely on that.

But the whole 'removed by Nintendo' is really silly, and makes me think he's just milking this for all it's worth. Oh well, you had a decent (sorta) run my friend, thanks for giving us stuff to speculate about during the PoTD dry spell. :)
Very well put. Also:

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
I don't see the difference. One is sarcastically asking them to die, and one is genuinely hoping they die. Both are very mean-spirited and spiteful. Just try and chill out. He was just trying to get attention, it's not like he did something so horrible he deserves the death penalty. We all do it at some point one way or another.
If you see my sarcastic comment as a literal death wish, I'm sorry about that. And yeah, I'm gonna be mean spirited and spiteful to this guy. He's getting people's hopes up by making up things that would be amazing, only for them to later come crashing down when people realize it's a fake. It's really a jerk move, and there's no justification for it. I'm sorry if you're offended, but I don't feel bad for saying a sarcastic comment that could viewed as hurtful to him. I don't think he deserves the death penalty. Please don't view a sarcastic comment as me literally wishing death upon him. I'm sorry if I seem a bit overbearing. I'm just trying to make my point clear.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
If you see my sarcastic comment as a literal death wish, I'm sorry about that. And yeah, I'm gonna be mean spirited and spiteful to this guy. He's getting people's hopes up by making up things that would be amazing, only for them to later come crashing down when people realize it's a fake. It's really a jerk move, and there's no justification for it. I'm sorry if you're offended, but I don't feel bad for saying a sarcastic comment that could viewed as hurtful to him. I don't think he deserves the death penalty. Please don't view a sarcastic comment as me literally wishing death upon him. I'm sorry if I seem a bit overbearing. I'm just trying to make my point clear.
I understand getting upset but... they really should've just took the rumor with a grain of salt instead of hyping themselves up over it. There's no use in getting your hopes up so much with an unproven leak since 98% of all leaks are BS to begin with. They really asked to be really disappointed, as blunt as that sounds. There is really no excuse to go that far with someone.

Not to mention, not everyone understands the same way you do. Some WILL take it as a death thread. So careful on what you say because honestly, that was kind of too harsh, even if you don't literally mean it.

Fair enough about his language, but the major problem was how much backpedaling he was doing since the start. Nothing of his leak was ever consistent.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah. Languages barriers are a thing. But removing and constantly editing his final version over and over? Doesn't make sense. I do find it pretty bull. That's not an excuse to attack the guy, though.

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
Mr.Prince posted again!
Super Smash Bros. "Smash World" has certainly gotten a lot of hype in the past weeks. Many didn't believe anything that I had to say. What I have to say to those people is, have a good day! "Smash World" is coming!
I have more details on the mode.

AND Seriously this time, the REAL OFFICIAL Characters coming are now here
Wolf, Isaac, Lucas, Dr. Luigi, Impa, Ridley, Choir Boys, Dixie Kong, Wonder-Red, Inklings, and Mewtwo. I apologize for the misunderstanding before, I wasn't positive on the Splatoon character names and I didn't want to get their names wrong!

In Smash World, you are able to battle players from around the world! The Smash World will consist of a few specific settings
Stock Battle, Time Battle, and Sudden Death Mode.
Every battle you win, you can earn prizes and skills that make you a better fighter! The skills can give characters such as Link powerups that you can use any time in a Smash World battle! Say if you earned 5 KO's in Smash World in a Stock Battle, you could have a chance to earn a prize such as Invisibilty, or an item of your choice, or just something simple as extra lives! You can use these anytime in battle.
Smash World can also be used as a newer Tournament mode. Smash World tournaments can have up to 8 players locally or 64 players worldwide. The 4 players can play on the Wii U, but the other 4 players can use the 3DS as a controller and a way to use your power-ups or anything you achieved. The Smash World Mode is WII U EXCLUSIVE.

Also, when you connect the 3DS to the Wii U, fighters that can be unlocked by beating them in a 1 on 1 battle are Ridley, Choir Boys, Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, and Impa. These characters will NOT be unlocked from the get go. They will need to be earned.
However, if you don't have a Wii U, these characters can be purchased from the Nintendo 3DS eShop for $8.99 as a pack.
The pack will also contain stages from previous Smash Bros. installments and a few new stages.

Isaac and Wonder- Red are Smash World unlockables. Isaac will be unlocked by beating your first local Smash World Tournament. Wonder-Red can be unlocked by earning 50 Smash World Prizes.
For the 3DS version of the game, players can buy Isaac and Wonder-Red in a pack with other items and stages for $8.99.

The Inklings will be unlocked in 2015 when the release of Splatoon releases. This character does not need any unlock requirements.
If you buy Splatoon, you will unlock the Inklings and other Splatoon related paraphernalia in Super Smash Bros. If you don't have a Wii U or a copy of Splatoon, 3DS players can buy the Splatoon pack in the Nintendo 3DS eShop for $5.99. If you have a Wii U and will not be purchasing Splatoon, you can still buy the Splatoon back from the Wii U eShop for $5.99 as well.

I am not the original person who spoke about Tower of Smash, therefore I will leave that topic to him/her. I will say that this mode is coming whether its called ToS or something like Smash Tower or Smash Rush.

I again apologize for the confusion about my previous comments. I typed this again for everyone here and everyone elsewhere to better understand this upcoming mode

Again, Smash World is a WII U EXCLUSIVE MODE. It will be listed under Games & More and Online.

Have a good day everyone! And don't forget to play Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo 3DS!!

WONDER-RED HYPE!
Also, Mewtwo and Ridley hype! Anyway, hyping aside, the thing that's kinda pushing me away from this leak a little bit is the constantly changing info. However, it also adds a slight air of believability to it, and I truly want to believe this leak, and so far I do.
Honestly, as I agree with leprechaunlink727, I really don't buy this info at all. Isaac, Wonder Red, Inkling...these sounds like fan's desire rather than Sakurai's ideas which is unreadable. Its just same ol' texts with just some add-ons from other leaks I suppose. Everything doesn't seem to be professionalized instead being elementary level than the ToS Leak. I mean, how many times did this guy post the same leaks anyways? Haven't this guy been warned by mods before? Or is this guy doing this because he wants attention as wanna become popular, which is very stupid way to live upon. It might sound good but I definitely ain't gonna buy it at all.

Naoshi

Yeah. Languages barriers are a thing. But removing and constantly editing his final version over and over? Doesn't make sense. I do find it pretty bull. That's not an excuse to attack the guy, though.
Agreed. We can ridicule the guy, telling him that he's wrong, but let's not start throwing insults or give them any sort of threats. That's a big no-no. We're should know better.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Agreed. We can ridicule the guy, telling him that he's wrong, but let's not start throwing insults or give them any sort of threats. That's a big no-no. We're should know better.
Well, I'd say ridiculing counts as insulting, but eh.

Either way, I want to wait and see the final product. And just how much he got right.

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
I understand getting upset but... they really should've just took the rumor with a grain of salt instead of hyping themselves up over it. There's no use in getting your hopes up so much with an unproven leak since 98% of all leaks are BS to begin with. They really asked to be really disappointed, as blunt as that sounds.

I honestly didn't believe the leak. I just think that getting people's hopes up for something that is untrue is really stupid, and he should be called out for doing something like that. It's like if you were in school, and you got a call from your parents saying that they bought a new puppy for you. You're really excited to come home, but when you arrive at home you realize there's no puppy there for you, and your parents just lied to you for kicks. Directly or indirectly, it's a mean spirited thing to do.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
The problem is, what you've said is likely to get you banned faster than what he's done, and possibly more severely. Serious or not, those are the rules. Rule of thumb: Don't ever go under the troll's bridge, otherwise you've let him take you down to his level.

We were all having fun with it. None of us needed a hero to protect us from our own gullibility - I don't see a single person here who honestly believed wholeheartedly that we were getting all this content. This is why nobody is taking a firm stance one way or the other, claiming it's right or wrong without a doubt - we're all well aware of what we've gotten ourselves into, and we're enjoying ourselves. Even though I was the one embarrassing myself defending him, I don't feel the slightest bit of malice toward him, because in the end we all had a good chat and a laugh.

As soon as it crosses a line into hostility, the entire thread is put at risk of being locked. It's happened before, and it can happen again.

Last edited:

Naoshi

I honestly didn't believe the leak. I just think that getting people's hopes up for something that is untrue is really stupid, and he should be called out for doing something like that. It's like if you were in school, and you got a call from your parents saying that they bought a new puppy for you. You're really excited to come home, but when you arrive at home you realize there's no puppy there for you, and your parents just lied to you for kicks. Directly or indirectly, it's a mean spirited thing to do.
It's fine expressing your annoyance with the guy, telling him what he has done was really dumb and a waste of time... but your words were way too harsh, no matter the intent.

Last edited:

rangergage

Smash Rookie
So this may or may not be relevant to this discussion, but does anyone have info on this image I've found circulating around?

It appears to be from a Japanese magazine and features a full 3D model of the Flying Man from Magicant.

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
The problem is, what you've said is likely to get you banned faster than what he's done, and possibly more severely. Serious or not, those are the rules. Don't let the troll take you down with him.
Alright then. I'll keep my mouth shut next time. And just to anyone who thinks "Can you please die?" is a death threat, it's not. It's sarcastic. Telling someone to "Please" die indicates sarcasm, since I'm basically telling someone to do something Harsh in a nice and polite manner. Again, I'll refrain from saying something like that in the future. I just want to make it clear that nobody is threatening anyone.

Naoshi

So this may or may not be relevant to this discussion, but does anyone have info on this image I've found circulating around?

It appears to be from a Japanese magazine and features a full 3D model of the Flying Man from Magicant.
Most likely a beta element. This is probably what they originally had for Flying Man, but ended up with the SNES sprite in the end.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Yep. They wanted to make the Flying Man 3D in the 3D version, but it didn't work out well enough, so they went with the 2D sprite instead.

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
It's fine expressing your annoyance with the guy, telling him what he has done was really dumb and a waste of time... but your words were way too harsh, no matter the intent.
Alright, fine. I've received my moral lecturing. Moving on.

Last edited:

Chrono.

That's terrifying.

But interesting find anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom