• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
The fact that neither of those renders can be found online is very interesting (That's not Assault Wolf, and it's not a Photoshop of that model either. Photoshopping a 3D model to look like it's posing in a different direction is much, much harder to do than you think, plus this Wolf has like a leather jacket collar thing going on that doesn't match the Assault model. Impa's isn't just different from SS, it's stylized in a manner consistent with Smash 4).

The math being incorrect could be because there are other KOs in rows/columns offscreen (we do see yellow arrows near Falls and KOs). The different font on the '1,' imo, probably isn't a beta element - that is a dead giveaway of a Photoshop. It could mean the leaker noticed the math was off (even though it was off for a reason), realized people would call him out on it, and thought he should "correct" it to avoid suspicion. The fact that the highlighted row/column doesn't result in "How many times has Wolf made Impa KO?" is suspicious too - if the point was to show off those characters, it's less than a second's worth of additional work to scroll over to make it say that (the translation is bad too). It also doesn't match the 3DS records screen, but again, this might be beta.

Where did this picture come from, and when did it appear? Keep in mind that Wolf is not part of the ToS leak... instead, it would support the leak of he-who-shall-not-be-named.
It surfaced 3 days after the ESRB leak I think. He definitely put a lot of effort into if it is fake. I'm thinking this may be a beta screenshot. I think there's just way to much coincidence for this one to be fake,

zferolie

Smash Hero
My hope in the leak has been cut directly in half.
Board game mode...?
:( *sigh* here's hoping for DLC...
Even if the ToS leak is false, I am still confident on characters that they are holding back on for the Wii U version. Not saying they won't be on the 3DS you just get them patched in with a big patch once the wii u version drops. Its to help hype the Wii U game.

I'm pulling for Lucas, Wolf, Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie/King K Rool, Impa, Rhythm Girl.

Who knows? We could still be getting DLC. Mario Kart 8 got some.
I think DLC is a sure thing given Hyrule warriors and Mario Kart 8

Last edited:

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
Even if the ToS leak is false, I am still confident on characters that they are holding back on for the Wii U version. Not saying they won't be on the 3DS you just get them patched in with a big patch once the wii u version drops. Its to help hype the Wii U game.

I'm pulling for Lucas, Wolf, Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie/King K Rool, Impa, Rhythm Girl.

Well, I just hope it's easy to implement. I guess we'll get a patch or something, ala MK8. Speaking of MK8, we STILL have no firm release date on that upcoming DLC.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Well, I just hope it's easy to implement. I guess we'll get a patch or something, ala MK8. Speaking of MK8, we STILL have no firm release date on that upcoming DLC.
Heck, we just got three new playable characters for Hyrule Warriors last night (right? that's when I downloaded them anyway). That's just the latest of many proofs of concept. It's harder to believe Sm4sh won't have DLC.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Who knows? We could still be getting DLC. Mario Kart 8 got some.
I think they confirmed it for next month? just no solid date. And speaking of DLC I need to download the hyrule warriors one. I can't wait to play as sexy Cia...

Heck, we just got three new playable characters for Hyrule Warriors last night (right? that's when I downloaded them anyway). That's just the latest of many proofs of concept. It's harder to believe Sm4sh won't have DLC.
Indeed. that and Mario kart proves to me that Nintendo is finally getting on the DLC train, but in a good way. it all depends on how they will get it to work on the 3DS. probably as patch downloads like they did with FE

Last edited:

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation

I don't even care about the ToS just the characters.
I don't have as much hope as you, lol.
I seriously can't picture bonus characters for the life of me; I want them, god damn to I want them, but idk... just seems way too perfect.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
That was so ridiculously sublime, in the vein of "take my wife... please". My only hope is that -you- made that up so that the credit rightfully falls with its creator. Kudos sir!
Board game? Dang, I hope they're not just describing Classic mode because that'd be sweet.
Oh yes I am the creator ;) I posted it n miiverse with a picture of Cdi Mario saying "ah ha here's the problem to many leaks" :p

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
Oh yes I am the creator ;) I posted it n miiverse with a picture of Cdi Mario saying "ah ha here's the problem to many leaks" :p
#CDI Mario confirmed. Final Smash: Too Many Toasters. A giant toaster comes down, everyone gets sucked into it. "All toasters, TOAST TOAST." They die.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I don't even care about the ToS just the characters.
I don't have as much hope as you, lol.
I seriously can't picture bonus characters for the life of me; I want them, god damn to I want them, but idk... just seems way too perfect.
I am just looking at it from a marketing and business PoV, as well as what other fighting games have done, mainly Killer Instinct and Skullgirls. From a marketing and business view, they need a way to really get someone who has the 3DS version to grab the Wii U version. New modes and features is one way yes, but to truely pull someone it's characters. Having characters appear on the Wii U first for 1 week, then give them a free patch on the 3DS, or if you have both you get them right away, would be a smart way to do that.

Fighting games, at least some, are planning for long term investments. Some games, the arksys games and SF games, just release new versions, but nintendo and sakurai would never do that. I see them going the Killer instinct and Skullgirls route, releasing new characters every few months to keep the game relevent, along with constant balance changes.

Chrono.

Boss battles may still be a thing in said board game though. Considering 'Boss Battle' was heard in the audio files, it's not a stretch imo.

rangergage

Smash Rookie
I see my brothers and sisters here are losing faith in the Tower of Smash leak. I hate admitting it's looking less and less likely, despite irrationally holding on to the possibility of it being real for so long. I'll still wait for more definitive info before making up my mind though.

But I just wanted to remind those who may have lost faith, there is still the whole Spainkiller thing, whom is no doubt a more credible source than the ToS leaker:
"I have a source who has been right about previous leaks and has worked on the European localization of the game. He says he has definitely seen moving models of Dixie, Ridley, Chorus Men and Mewtwo in the game and he's still confident that these four characters can be unlocked by linking the 3DS version to the Wii U version.

Now, I know how outlandish this sounds, and being a game journalist myself I'm taking this with a grain of salt myself, but we're talking about the guy who told me about the Bowser Jr. alts immediately after the ESRB leaks and has never been wrong about other stuff as well. Plus, the whole connectivity thing makes far too much sense, if only to get fans to buy both versions. *insert itprintsmoney.gif here*"
So don't discount the possibility of some the characters mentioned in the ToS leak, even if you've rejected the rest of the leak.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Boss battles may still be a thing in said board game though. Considering 'Boss Battle' was heard in the audio files, it's not a stretch imo.
Indeed it could be it's own mode, or one of the mini-games you encounter in the board game

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Guys, nothing about this Amazon info contradicts the ToS leak. It's a clarification of what the mode we saw two days ago is, a confirmation that stage builder is returning (which the ToS leak predicted correctly), and something about a 'board game mode", which could be anything, even, as some people have suggested, a misunderstanding of the new classic mode, which kind of looks like a board game.

The Amazon info actually confirms another detail that the leak has right, which is the return of stage builder. It's as ambiguous as ever whether it's actually true, but nothing about this info disconfirms or contradicts ToS. It's weird that the leak didn't mention the Master Orders/ Crazy Orders mode, but I don't see why that's suddenly a problem now when it wasn't two days ago.

LuigiBlood

Smash Rookie
I said it on the Amazon topic, but the board game is Smash World, as the evidence is the italian localized name that translates back to "Board Smash". I cannot link because I was just a lurker before, but there's a Google Doc with all the translations.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Guys, nothing about this Amazon info contradicts the ToS leak. It's a clarification of what the mode we saw two days ago is, a confirmation that stage builder is returning (which the ToS leak predicted correctly), and something about a 'board game mode", which could be anything, even, as some people have suggested, a misunderstanding of the new classic mode, which kind of looks like a board game.

The Amazon info actually confirms another detail that the leak has right, which is the return of stage builder. It's as ambiguous as ever whether it's actually true, but nothing about this info disconfirms or contradicts ToS. It's weird that the leak didn't mention the Master Orders/ Crazy Orders mode, but I don't see why that's suddenly a problem now when it wasn't two days ago.
Another thing is, I don't remember ToS leak saying ToS was the only new mode. Its entirely possible like almost every other leaker, he doesn't have knowledge of the whole game. Now that there isn't a huge mode like SSE, its possible multiple new modes were crafted to compensate for the WiiU versions lack of a mode like SSE. Sure the 3ds has Smash Run, but who says the WiiU only needs one new mode? If anything I expect multiple new modes, or maybe some are downloaded onto the 3ds upon the WiiU's launch, considering there is alot of space in the cartridge at the moment.

Last edited:

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I said it on the Amazon topic, but the board game is Smash World, as the evidence is the italian localized name that translates back to "Board Smash". I cannot link because I was just a lurker before, but there's a Google Doc with all the translations.
I'm not totally sure what you mean. Why is it exactly that you can't link the google doc? It's very simple to post links on this site.

LuigiBlood

Smash Rookie
I'm not totally sure what you mean. Why is it exactly that you can't link the google doc? It's very simple to post links on this site.
I don't have 10 posts, so I can't link. I'm trying to get enough posts, but without random spamming. I'd like to be a legit guy.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I am just looking at it from a marketing and business PoV, as well as what other fighting games have done, mainly Killer Instinct and Skullgirls. From a marketing and business view, they need a way to really get someone who has the 3DS version to grab the Wii U version. New modes and features is one way yes, but to truely pull someone it's characters. Having characters appear on the Wii U first for 1 week, then give them a free patch on the 3DS, or if you have both you get them right away, would be a smart way to do that.

Fighting games, at least some, are planning for long term investments. Some games, the arksys games and SF games, just release new versions, but nintendo and sakurai would never do that. I see them going the Killer instinct and Skullgirls route, releasing new characters every few months to keep the game relevent, along with constant balance changes.
I've been thinking all along that 5 characters upon release may be too much to hope for, but then again Nintendo would probably like their Q4 numbers for Wii U to be vastly improved.

I still think Amazon's leak was a misfire caused by Nintendo holding back because they don't want to confirm the leaks all at once. Stage builder is a huge win for the leak. Board game mode sounds really exciting, but we can only guess at what that means for the ToS mode.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I don't really think Stage Builder is a huge point for the leak. It was a mode introduced in Brawl, it was likely coming back for Wii U. It helps it? Sure, but I don't think it's that much of a huge help. However, if it allows you to mix and match parts like the ToS leak says...

Last edited:

rangergage

Smash Rookie
I'm actually excited for stage builder this time, I hope they make it really intuitive like Mario Maker

zferolie

Smash Hero
I see my brothers and sisters here are losing faith in the Tower of Smash leak. I hate admitting it's looking less and less likely, despite irrationally holding on to the possibility of it being real for so long. I'll still wait for more definitive info before making up my mind though.

But I just wanted to remind those who may have lost faith, there is still the whole Spainkiller thing, whom is no doubt a more credible source than the ToS leaker:

So don't discount the possibility of some the characters mentioned in the ToS leak, even if you've rejected the rest of the leak.
I personally still want Rhythm girl over chorus kids, and people keep saying kids in the same way chrom in genmatsu, they just saw them. But thats just me. I think those 4 are set honestly(Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie, and kids) Impa is still up in the air, but I think has a high chance because Zelda not getting a new rep with pokemon and mario does seems odd.

That is true. ToS is correct on the stage builder, but one could argue that it's a safe guess, as do people with the smash world leaker. Still, got to give him credit and the leak has not been killed yet.

I've been thinking all along that 5 characters upon release may be too much to hope for, but then again Nintendo would probably like their Q4 numbers for Wii U to be vastly improved.

I still think Amazon's leak was a misfire caused by Nintendo holding back because they don't want to confirm the leaks all at once. Stage builder is a huge win for the leak. Board game mode sounds really exciting, but we can only guess at what that means for the ToS mode.
It would be a HUGE way to increase wii u sales for the holidays.

I am not sure if nintendo cares too much about the leak. They still showed Shulk after the ESRB leak. I mean it's possible they are holding back due to leaks, but not going to say its for sure. It just could be Nintendo just waiting to put some time between the 3DS release before they hype up the Wii U, to get further 3DS sales.

I don't really think Stage Builder is a huge point for the leak. It was a mode introduced in Brawl, it was likely coming back for Wii U. It helps it? Sure, but I don't think it's that much of a huge help. However, if it allows you to mix and match parts like the ToS leak says...
I do hope the stage builder is as improved as is hinted. Is it bad that I want Little Big Planet style creation, where we can build the stage exactly how we want it to look. Little big planet stage builder with everything you could imagine from the nintendo universe in the mode to customize it sounds amazing.

D

Deleted member

Guys, it's fake. It's really really fake. This is some bored kid trying too hard.
Aw, don't be too hard on him. He might be a bored 40-year old trying too hard.

Seriously, (and yes, I know a lot of ya are tired of listening to this) if any of this, and I mean any, is true, we have witnessed the worst leaker in the history of the Internet.

Here's some of his continuity errors:

*Smash World: Won't bother with name, but he said it was a 3DS version, now it's a Wii U mode.
*Wonder-Red: Playable, then AT, then Playable again.
*Isaac: Consistantly playable, but he was part of the Splatoon DLC, and now he's a Smash World unlockable.
*Mach Rider: The Excite Bike character... never minding that Mach Rider is its own game. Reminded, yet didn't change.
*Phazon Suit Samus: Umm... forgotten.

I'll be blunt; all I care about is Isaac. Everything else with this is gravy, but the only character I want playable is Isaac, so while I know all leak news is BS, I will pay attention if only Isaac is involved.

Last edited by a moderator:

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
This is what LuigiBlood is referring to:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fSdoTw-hduVomdZJq8KPSpefAbxUoCToCOfUX4u2S00/edit#gid=0

Check the Italian column for 'Smash World'
Okay, consider me convinced that Smash World is in the game, but not in any way similar to the way Mr. Prince described it.

Yeah that's what I was talking about. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I prefer to not break rules just when I seriously start posting.
Understandable, we just tend to get a lot of new posters making unsubstantiated claims in this thread, but it checks out.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Smash WorldMischia da tavolo (Board Smash) **,Odyssée Smash (Smash Odyssey),Mundo Smash (Smash World),Smash Tour

I like the name Smash Odyssey the most. But yeah, smash world is the board game mode, but it sounds like it will be massive, with names like Odyssey and world. Perhaps it's like Dokopon kingdom, where you have a MASSIVE map and you fight for control of it.

Oh man I would love for it to be like dokopon kingdom. That game was excellent.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I get the impression that Smash World is a multiplayer mode if it works like a board game. So Tower of Smash is still in the running as a single player adventure mode replacement.

Yusa

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone, long time lurker here. I've finally decided to step out of the shadows and join this fray. Sounds like i'm joining the smash roster and real cheesy though.

Well anyways, the sound files actually have another hint in support of ToS, that being the german translation. As you see event matches translates into 'Missionen' and Master/Crazy Orders are called Meister/Crazy Aufträge - which indeed is a german synonym for missions. So taking all that into account i am pretty sure the ToS leaker was right about Event Matches not returning in any direct way...

LuigiBlood

Smash Rookie
Smash Odyssey is quite a badass name, and as I'm a french player, I kinda feel lucky to have some nice localizations.

About the Tower of Smash... I honestly did want to believe at first. But now it's so unlikely to me, despite how interesting the mode actually is. It's kind of a big feature in my opinion, and Amazon just doesn't talk about it. And I don't think it's the Master/Crazy Orders (which in french does make me remember a restaurant as well), with two words that fits with "Special Orders", as the actual mode that groups them.

Hey everyone, long time lurker here. I've finally decided to step out of the shadows and join this fray. Sounds like i'm joining the smash roster and real cheesy though.

Well anyways, the sound files actually have another hint in support of ToS, that being the german translation. As you see event matches translates into 'Missionen' and Master/Crazy Orders are called Meister/Crazy Aufträge - which indeed is a german synonym for missions. So taking all that into account i am pretty sure the ToS leaker was right about Event Matches not returning in any direct way...
Doesn't Brawl use "Missions" in German too?

Last edited:

Yusa

Smash Cadet
Smash Odyssey is quite a badass name, and as I'm a french player, I kinda feel lucky to have some nice localizations.

About the Tower of Smash... I honestly did want to believe at first. But now it's so unlikely to me, despite how interesting the mode actually is. It's kind of a big feature in my opinion, and Amazon just doesn't talk about it. And I don't think it's the Master/Crazy Orders (which in french does make me remember a restaurant as well), with two words that fits with "Special Orders", as the actual mode that groups them.

Sure, that is correct and also consistent seeing "Event Matches" returned without an actual change of name aswell; our localization however suggests that Master and Crazy Orders are indeed the Event Matches themselves. "Event Matches" would even fit into the blurred space where the mode's name is somewhat.
Now as for what the Special Orders are if not this mode itself, possibly an additional third category you unlock through having certain conditions met?

zferolie

Smash Hero
I get the impression that Smash World is a multiplayer mode if it works like a board game. So Tower of Smash is still in the running as a single player adventure mode replacement.
Quite possible. It does sound like a multiplayer mode.

Amazon seems to focus only on the multiplayer part. I see no mention of anything single player related(no mention of classic, break the targets, home run contest, all star mode, ect). So we still may be getting a single player only mode for the wii U

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
There has been so many red flags with the leak and every day it's feeling less and less likely.

I don't know guys, I could be wrong, but there are so many modes known now, and none of sources has ever hinted towards the ToS mode itself. Even with the sound clip leak in mind, where's even the sound clip for Tower of Smash? They have sound clips for every other single mode and even has a sound clip of a mode that ToS said the game wouldn't have (Event Match).

Amazon seems to focus only on the multiplayer part. I see no mention of anything single player related(no mention of classic, break the targets, home run contest, all star mode, ect). So we still may be getting a single player only mode for the wii U
Stage builder is a solo thing, and the Master/Crazy Orders is single player at the very least. (It's in fact listed in Games & More -> Solo). I'm starting to think Smash World is the big mode and counterpart to Smash Run (in terms of placement).

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
There has been so many red flags with the leak and every day it's feeling less and less likely.

I don't know guys, I could be wrong, but there are so many modes known now, and none of sources has ever hinted towards the ToS mode itself. Even with the sound clip leak in mind, where's even the sound clip for Tower of Smash? They have sound clips for every other single mode and even has a sound clip of a mode that ToS said the game wouldn't have (Event Match).

Stage builder is a solo thing, and the Master/Crazy Orders is single player at the very least. (It's in fact listed in Games & More -> Solo). I'm starting to think Smash World is the big mode and counterpart to Smash Run (in terms of placement).
I was thinking stage builder is single but also multiplayer. And right master and crazy orders is in the solo screen.

It is getting less and less likely... still holding out on more characters though. Still, no solid nail in the coffin YET, but it could come any day now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom