• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Just because we don't know the context behind GCO doesn't mean we can't make the educated guess that it's just a GCO stage. It has nothing to do with Mt. Dedede besides both being Kirby Superstar things. The track only gives further evidence towards this.
Yes, and I understand that, and I won't change your opinion on it, and its perhaps the most likely scenario, but until there is a direct confirmation, I stress CONFIRMATION, you can't tell people not to consider other possibilities. We aren't so much trying to hold on to hope, because frankly, the idea of more characters on WiiU isn't dependent on ToS, that's been brought up before it. People are mostly keeping an open mind, not trying to make quick assumptions, while remaining skeptical all the same.

WooMooWooWooMoo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Quattro_Thunder
3DS FC
1934-0666-8269
Why do people keep saying we're getting characters by connecting the two games? Sakurai said that you wouldn't need both versions to get the full roster. Think about the people that can't afford both a 3ds and a Wii U, are they just s*** out of luck? People would be mad with Nintendo if they went with the poor decision to lock away a few characters. That's not the kind of publicity Nintendo needs right now.

domokl

Smash Lord
A bunch of the returning stages would be revealed in a direct, a few new stages and some more would likely be revealed before release too, combine that with the fact that the wii u version will have more stages there are gonna be quite a few stages we won't know about

I've said this before but we know NOTHING about the GCO stage other than the fact that it's a GCO stage
so lets take a look at this. say the direct is at the end of next week.
15 stages revealed. you still have 15+ stages 5 at most being kept secret.
2 weeks. that does not work

Chrono.

Think of ToS as when you're playing a game and you only have a silver of health left, but you end surviving the level anyway.

Only time will tell whether ToS either gets to the end of it's level or it dies halfway in. That being said I agree with putting this to rest for awhile, at least until anything worthwhile gets revealed officially.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I think I might need to invite you all to the Smash Leaks Group so you can understand step by step on why this could be fake. :p
Does anyone need an invite?
I've been wanting an invite for months but I never got around to ask that. Invitation please? :>

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Why do people keep saying we're getting characters by connecting the two games? Sakurai said that you wouldn't need both versions to get the full roster. Think about the people that can't afford both a 3ds and a Wii U, are they just s*** out of luck? People would be mad with Nintendo if they went with the poor decision to lock away a few characters. That's not the kind of publicity Nintendo needs right now.
First, Sakurai only said the rosters would be the same on both versions, he said nothing of what you are claiming. As for the locking of characters on the WiiU, that is completely subjective. Lastly, the idea is all you have to do is link the systems together, and considering the 3ds is portable, you can go to a friend's who has Smash WiiU, and you can link it to your 3ds, unlocking the characters, or they release a patch a week or month after, and offer the characters on the 3ds. This is a theorizing. None of this may happen, but its perfectly possible.

I think I might need to invite you all to the Smash Leaks Group so you can understand step by step on why this could be fake. :p
Ok, I'll bite, I would love an invite, just to see if it can put this past me, confirmation or deconfirmation.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Is it okay if it's just to lurk? I'm not really the type to post all that much.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
It's very possible that the way the Tower of Smash is set up resembles a board game? I mean, if it does, you could move up the floors along little "spaces."
Also, like someone said before, Classic Mode resembles a board game now. That was literally the first thing that came to mind when I saw the redesign. And, there was nothing about the new board game mode being the "big thing" or the "single player focus." Not even close. Not to mention that Classic Mode is basically the biggest single-player mode, along with All-Star, now that Story Mode is scrapped. To be honest, though, I do find it slightly strange that he didn't mention as Boss Battle mode like the ToS leak mentioned, but then again, he didn't say anything about Multi-Man Smash or Home Run Contest or anything, and since those are probably grouped together in the same category like in Brawl, I would say it means nothing.
So, yeah, ToS leak still looks very possible.

domokl

Smash Lord
im already in the leak group but please invite them all. we must enlighten them.

WooMooWooWooMoo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Quattro_Thunder
3DS FC
1934-0666-8269
First, Sakurai only said the rosters would be the same on both versions, he said nothing of what you are claiming. As for the locking of characters on the WiiU, that is completely subjective. Lastly, the idea is all you have to do is link the systems together, and considering the 3ds is portable, you can go to a friend's who has Smash WiiU, and you can link it to your 3ds, unlocking the characters, or they release a patch a week or month after, and offer the characters on the 3ds. This is a theorizing. None of this may happen, but its perfectly possible.

What if none of your friends have a Wii U? I'm the only one of my friends with a Wii U. What if the transfer characters thing only works once? Its still a poor decision because not everyone will have access to it. We would have found transfer characters in the 3ds data by now, it would be very difficult to patch in characters by connecting to just the Wii U game. You can believe what you want, I'm not going to judge.

EDIT: I hate mobile

Last edited:

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
With all that said though, I think everyone should take a break from the ToS leak for a while. We're honestly getting nowhere, and yes, I do think there's a lot of straws being grasped. While I'm completely convinced the leak is fake, there's still no harm in others giving it a benefit of a doubt.

But really, we're at a stalemate now. What is honestly there to discuss that wasn't beaten over with a dead horse at this point? We have nothing anymore going for the talk about the leak at the moment. What do you guys think?
I second this.

And I'm all up for an invite.

Btw, comparing this leak to the ESRB leak was a mistake on my part. The point I was getting at was that they were both leaks that had things going against them but never fully disqualified them; the differences were that with the ESRB leak, the straw-grasping was done by Team Fake, whereas Team Real is straw-grasping this time.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Yes, please!

Also, let's not forget the idea that the Great Tower and Mt. DeDeDe look kind of similar, but one's more well known than the other. At a glance, it could've been a mistaken identity. But, yeah, that's another assumption. After reading the arguments, I'm seeing how it's actually less likely than I thought, but I still don't think it's dead enough to kill the thread.

Last edited:

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
So I found this while looking through another thread. Read it and tell me what you guys think. I think it sounds pretty fun.
http://i.imgur.com/0uBu7MU.png

This could be completely fake but who knows!

MOD Edit: As per requested, here is a post made by @leprechaunlink727 concerning Tower of Smash and information regarding the leak.
This is fantastic! Thank you for posting all of this information. It's nice having all of the dates in front of you, plus this article brings up a lot of GREAT points. Here's to hoping it's true!

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
already in the group but can i say we still have spainkiller so odds are we can still get ridley,mewtwo,dixie and chorus kids(sorry impa would love you or chorus kids) so maybe were not out of luck

Bob Sanchez

Smash Rookie
already in the group but can i say we still have spainkiller so odds are we can still get ridley,mewtwo,dixie and chorus kids(sorry impa would love you or chorus kids) so maybe were not out of luck
I honestly do think we're getting more characters. DLC or something along the lines of the connectivity thing just seems dumb not to do.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I still think that recent starting roster gives impa a chance, and let's not forget the trophy quiz. We have 2/4 already, 3/4 with ridley

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
May i can be invited in the Smash leak group ? Just to peak a look ;'D

And because i can't stand thoose death and stupidity debate from random guys .

Last edited:

Dean Lawrence

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiseUpAndFight
3DS FC
1246-8874-5343
I find the fact that Spainkiller said there would be 4 transferable characters much more likely than the Tower of Smash leaker's 5. Mostly based on the fact that the 3DS CSS only has enough space for 4 more characters without scaling the icons down again.

Steflames

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-8029-1780-3612
Could i get an invite please, i'm just a spectator but i would like to read all of you guys and gals discuss.

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
Yes, indeed. I would like an invite. I'm tired of people claiming things are real or fake "just because they are"
I'd like a place with real info and thought out theories for once.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
so lets take a look at this. say the direct is at the end of next week.
15 stages revealed. you still have 15+ stages 5 at most being kept secret.
2 weeks. that does not work
Why does every stage need to be revealed by release? I feel like that's asking for a lot (then again, so is asking for 60 stages to begin with!)

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
I really wanna curse Hawaii for having a terrible time differences between the US mainland's time, because I think I have missed everything what's going on here while I was sleeping. I really wanna join the conversation, could anybody tell me what's the situation now?

I was looking for that group but couldn't find it. Kinda interesting...is it okay I can walk in?

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
I'd love to read all the speculation in the leak group altho I wouldn't do much speculating. Would appreciate an invite nonetheless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom