• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnpiece

Smash Rookie
It appears to say "Master Side" and "Crazy Side".
Interesting, it does appear to translate on google identically to "Master Side" and "Crazy Side". Maybe it's called something different on the U.S version? If not i think it gives even more into ToS.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
Interesting, it does appear to translate on google identically to "Master Side" and "Crazy Side". Maybe it's called something different on the U.S version? If not i think it gives even more into ToS.
Well, "order" and "side" sound like food references.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
"A side of fries" and "An order of fries" where I'm from are pretty much the same thing.
Man, this discussion is making me hungry. Maybe I will "order" a pizza tomorrow with a "side" of buffalo wings. No really. That's how I feel. Thanks guys. Lol.

Last edited:

Chrono.

R.O.B. and Ganondorf were revealed on the website but no new stages or anything shown, unfortunately.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'm happy Of the POTD , because the conversation begin to be awkward ...God ... This POTD ... The Smash sound ... Master/Crazy order sound leak , with the smash world sound leak ... The smash world leak . Who say Isaac , Mewtwo , Ridley , Impa ...

God , it´s Time to release the hype train !!

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
if i am right didn't smash world leak says that Tos the mode/characters are real and the stages are fake or was that just a rumor

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I fail to see how this recent potd confirms the ToS leak. I mean, yeah we basically got Master/Crazy Order confirmed, but those were already audio files. If anything, it actually hurts ToS because with this recent update, it means not all modes with audio are exclusive to the 3ds, which means Event Matches are likely on the WiiU, and if you've been paying attention to ToS, it said Event Matches would not return. Also, there was no audio files of ToS. Yeah, its theoretically exclusive to the WiiU, but so far Master Order and Crazy Order are as well, unless they are to be patched into the 3ds version, but again, doesn't actually help the leak.

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
The blurred out mode is selected from the "Games & More" section :

which leads to Classic and All Star, as well as minigames like Multi-man Smash, Target Blast, and Homerun Contest on 3DS.

If Tower of Smash is real, it will most likely appear on the main menu in place of Smash Run, so this mode is probably not Tower of Smash. We already know from the announcer clips on the ROM that these are options for "Master Order" and "Crazy Order". It's anybody's guess what exactly is being "ordered".
Pizza.

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
I fail to see how this recent potd confirms the ToS leak. I mean, yeah we basically got Master/Crazy Order confirmed, but those were already audio files. If anything, it actually hurts ToS because with this recent update, it means not all modes with audio are exclusive to the 3ds, which means Event Matches are likely on the WiiU, and if you've been paying attention to ToS, it said Event Matches would not return. Also, there was no audio files of ToS. Yeah, its theoretically exclusive to the WiiU, but so far Master Order and Crazy Order are as well, unless they are to be patched into the 3ds version, but again, doesn't actually help the leak.
Agreed. I actually lost faith too. The audio files contain the notion that event matches would be involved somehow. And the ToS leak says there will be NO event matches.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Bowser Jr Leaked ... Jigglypuff Leaked ... in a Nintendo Screen . Nintendo you did your job right .

But i wont say anything because the screen look like a Mock-up . Not a final or actual in-game screen

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Um, the TOS leak says that all characters are unlocked from the get go, if you look at the new picture on the smash site.

Not all characters are unlocked. I would say this helps de-confirm it if anything.
Ness is unlocked from the Start :O Really oh please say Lucas may be locked :') And Ganondorf and the Puff ? What the devil is going on here and no Names...... I'm sorry but Wah

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Um, the TOS leak says that all characters are unlocked from the get go, if you look at the new picture on the smash site.

Not all characters are unlocked. I would say this helps de-confirm it if anything.
That clearly isn't the final version of the game, or an actual version of the game at all.
It's a mock-up. So I wouldn't count this as evidence against ToS.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

But it also has 3DS hidden ones. We don't know when this was taken.Also, note the lack of names/etc. on it. Shouldn't a lot of that stuff be labeled? It's weird, but this could've been taken a long time ago before the final roster was finished, including the clones alone.

For the record, I do believe this hurts it regardless, but not outright destroys it. More could be unlocked. Speaking of, are any of the 3DS starters missing from here? I can't tell at the moment. >_<

AGES

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snicks

Why would they show characters yet to be unveiled?

EDIT: Looked closer at it and its missing Falco/Clones, strange. Going with the possibility that its just a mock up

Last edited:

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious

Sakurai still hasn't officially "announced" all of the characters. Why would he just show them off here?
EDIT: I got double Ninja'd
You guys are fast.

Last edited:

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
But it also has 3DS hidden ones. We don't know when this was taken.Also, note the lack of names/etc. on it. Shouldn't a lot of that stuff be labeled? It's weird, but this could've been taken a long time ago before the final roster was finished, including the clones alone.

For the record, I do believe this hurts it regardless, but not outright destroys it. More could be unlocked. Speaking of, are any of the 3DS starters missing from here? I can't tell at the moment. >_<
The only characters missing are unlock-able in 3ds and the Mii Fighters.

Why would they show characters yet to be unveiled?
Bowser JR and Jigs aren't even on the site yet and he didn't mind putting them on the menu so I doubt that's why.

Last edited:

AGES

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snicks
wait

If you look veeeeeery closely on the top blur it seems there's a space between two blurred words

Boss Rush? Smash Tower?

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I bet we've been mishearing the audio files, and it's actually been saying "Master Hoarder." Just look at all that gold in those images!

The blurred out text at the very top could be "Smash Tower," or it could be "Smash Order" or "Hoarder," either way it's definitely two words - you can see an unblurred gap in between. (Oops, :4greninja:'d!)

As for the CSS, I thought most of us had come to the conclusion by now that the leaker might have meant everything's unlocked only after linking to 3DS. How did we forget that as soon as we saw a CSS with partial unlocks? Anyway, the revealed characters aren't even unlocked in the same order they are in 3DS, so I'm guessing this was just a mock-up.

Event Match, though... well, we more or less have confirmation that the weirder of the sound bytes are from Wii U, meaning the rest is probably from Wii U, meaning the leak was wrong about Event Matches being gone. But hey, 8-player Smash confirmed!!

Last edited:

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
wait

If you look veeeeeery closely on the top blur it seems there's a space between two blurred words

Boss Rush? Smash Tower?

"Special Orders" I imagine is the game mode with "Crazy Orders" and "Master Orders" as the options.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Y'know, we don't actually have confirmation that "Tower of Smash" is the actual name of the game mode, right? Wasn't it a working title? This might actually be it...

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman

It's also possible that when he was talking about them being unlocked, he meant they didn't need to be linked to the 3DS version to gain access to them, like the supposed extra characters. Which would make sense for you to not need to link it up to the Wii U version. Also the backgrounds of those character images look weird to me. Nothing at all like the backgrounds of the 3DS css images. Also if this is the css before any resizing happens, there could be another column of characters which causes the rectangles to shrink a bit.

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
Y'know, we don't actually have confirmation that "Tower of Smash" is the actual name of the game mode, right? Wasn't it a working title? This might actually be it...
Doubt it. I'm pretty sure it was basically confirmed that the menus were the same for Wii U and 3DS. I imagine that ToS would be in the same position that Smash Run is. (The green button underneath the "Online" option) I say this because if you look, this is in the "solo" modes which is also in "Games & More"

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
That is probably a mock up, but also probably based on the actual design of it. I did the math, and it could fit 52 characters on there.so there is room for 3 more characters then the 3DS screen. If it's just a mock up they could possibly fit even more, like resizing and such.

Now, this was posted on another thread here

It LOOKS like it could say tower of smash there. Also, the leaker said tower of smash is a solo mode, so it makes sense that it would be in solo and not where smash run is. Smash run is not solo, and I think whatever mode they may have in smash runs place would be multipler.

That is IF the menu's look exactly the same.

So I think the leaks are still alive. Both of them

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Doubt it. I'm pretty sure it was basically confirmed that the menus were the same for Wii U and 3DS. I imagine that ToS would be in the same position that Smash Run is. (The green button underneath the "Online" option) I say this because if you look, this is in the "solo" modes which is also in "Games & More"
I made a small image to illustrate how it would be (Sort of)
http://imgur.com/gallery/U375TzM

(I didn't want to re-crate the way the Wii U one would look, so I just used the 3DS menu. I put the Wii U menu on the right, for reference.)
Hm... well, we have soft-confirmation that Event Mode is returning, but that's most likely also under the Games & More menu. I guess you're right, this must be something different.

ferioku

Smash Ace
Are people actually still buying this? All characters and stages unlocked from the get go? I honestly doubt chorus men would be in > Ice Climbers. The only thing that seems relevant there is the Tower of Smash and even then, it doesn't seem to be a good enough mode for the Wii U version!

I won't believe this until it's 100% proven true.
I don't wan't all characters and stages to be unlocked from the get go and I'm sure Sakurai doesn't want that either.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman

Wait I just realized. While trying to count how many characters were there I noticed: the character boxes seem wide on the outsides than in the center. Compare Links to Marios for example. Heck, look how tiny Luigis character slot is. When you compare it to Robins who has so much empty space on the sides, it just seems weird. Either it's a mockup or we really may have more characters.

Are people actually still buying this? All characters and stages unlocked from the get go? I honestly doubt chorus men would be in > Ice Climbers. The only thing that seems relevant there is the Tower of Smash and even then, it doesn't seem to be a good enough mode for the Wii U version!

I don't wan't all characters and stages to be unlocked from the get go and I'm sure Sakurai doesn't want that either.
As I said earlier it's possible by unlocked he meant gain access to. Like how on 3DS you'd need to link them to "unlock" the extra characters, but you'd not need to obviously for Wii U. Not saying that's what he had to have meant, it's possible it's just a fake leak, but since I agree Sakurai wouldn't have everything unlocked it'd make sense.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero

People are thinking that the wording suggested that everyone is unlocked if you link the 2 games.

Wait I just realized. While trying to count how many characters were there I noticed: the character boxes seem wide on the outsides than in the center. Compare Links to Marios for example. Heck, look how tiny Luigis character slot is. When you compare it to Robins who has so much empty space on the sides, it just seems weird. Either it's a mockup or we really may have more characters.
Huh I didn't notice that... Is there a bigger picture? I want to try and measure but it's very hard with that one, but it does look like some are bigger then others.

So right now we can fit 52 slots. That's about the same as 3DS if I recall(don't have the game on me atm) With shrinking you could easily get another column in to add 4 more characters, which if we go with the ToS and Smash word leaker, that could easily fight Impa, Dixie, Ridley, Mewtwo, and CHorus Kids, with 1 more slot for that DLC arrow people found in the files, for Possible Wonder red, Issac, Wolf, Lucas, and Inkling girl, and more.

Last edited:

MoonGirard

Smash Rookie

Shouldn't Little Mac be between the Kirby and Star Fox Characters like he is on the 3DS version?

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
That is probably a mock up, but also probably based on the actual design of it. I did the math, and it could fit 52 characters on there.so there is room for 3 more characters then the 3DS screen. If it's just a mock up they could possibly fit even more, like resizing and such.

Now, this was posted on another thread here

It LOOKS like it could say tower of smash there. Also, the leaker said tower of smash is a solo mode, so it makes sense that it would be in solo and not where smash run is. Smash run is not solo, and I think whatever mode they may have in smash runs place would be multipler.

That is IF the menu's look exactly the same.

So I think the leaks are still alive. Both of them
Or Smash World.
Or Special Orders.
It could say pretty much anything that has a space between two words dude.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom