• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tourny cancelled, made into smashfest. Practice b4 Apex!

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Doubles starts at 1:00
Singles starts after doubles ends around 3-4ish
Low tiers starts after singles ends, hopefully around 8ish., if not, its canceled.

Events and costs would look something like:
Door Fee: $5

Brawl:
Singles $10
Doubles $5 (10 per team)

Food:
There will be pizza that ill buy probably from little ceasears or something for every1 using some of the door fee. But for those that don't want that, you're free to buy McDonalds/Bk/publix/subway/Carabas/Sonic/Pollo Tropical. Those are around a 5-10min drive from my place.

The Unity Ruleset

Payouts: 50/30/15/5 (Brawl)
60/30/10 teams

Last edited:

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
cool. So would you be able to come with a full car then?

Like what I'm thinking so far is that from naples there would be atleast 10 people or more from the city (10 just from the people I could confirm off the top of my head, more than 10 if I could get in touch with some of the old naples scrubs that used to play back in 08)

Then if I could get perhaps 5-10 (or more?) people from fgcu crew then that would be pretty hype.

Then 5 from you and thats already perhaps a 25 man attendance?

edit: oh and i'm going to try and get in touch with mix and the naples crew sometime this week to finalize more of this stuff.

On another note, should I add melee to this to get more attendance or no? I could try and get smashmac,dashizwiz, and possibly keepspeedN since they live in the area.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
hmm well I guess I could add melee to the tourney

Maybe have 5$ singles, 5$ dubz unless melee attendance gets bigger/wants a higher pot.

edit: going to finalize this stuff tommorow, with more updates. I think i can finalize a tourney so this is a go. I may change the date to the 14th though, more info tommorow

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I should be here.

Pony is being repped even more now.
You're welcome. :D

Change the entry for brawl to 5$ :D

and add Feat. Mink in the title.
Sub'd.

Segendo

Smash Cadet
seeing as I'm in the area I should be coming to this to rep FGCU Smash!

Also about the venue issue, from what I've heard a couple of local smashers in Port Charlotte got a gaming place called Zion to host a tournament last summer. I'd get in contact with the PC smashers if I were you guys. I believe Abscent got that tournament together... but you might also check with Avatar Yang, Crakerwolf, or Yin.

Play N Trade, might be willing. I know a couple guys that pulled off a decent sized charging turny at a PNT store... might be worth a shot to give a call to the two in the area (Naples, Cape Coral).

-CART

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Deww i would love to come to this event. I will not know for sure for a few weeks. but i know that i will be home for the summer home = lake alfred. i will most likly not be able to afford at least $15 bucs to play singles. I know the Door fee might be necessary to get a place to play but the $10 tourney fee discourages many of the players around campus it also makes it much more difficult to afford the trip. I will still try to come regardless of the money but it is much more likely that you will pull FGCU and my crew back home if you drop the enrty fee.

Smash Rookie
I try to go ill tell Yin and C43ck3rw0lf and Malice about it ill try to get PC crew in on this maybe we might go early to train with you Swolf lol

But ya Cart we had a tourny at Game Zion awhile ago well it was co-hosted by Absent mainly hosted by Dump the guy who owns Game Zion.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Haven't been able to update this thread since my internet home is down, at a friends place atm.

But currently for this tourney to be a huge success would need a change of venue. If I can't find a venue then this will be held at my house which can have like 40ish ppl, any more than that would be pushing it. So a house size like ryo's tourney, but a little big bigger. If you guys can help find out of a better venue i'd be so grateful. Currently I live in gville and will be back home in naples in May so i cant find a venue myself.

The Pnt store in naples is smaller than my house so thats a definite no.

About pricing, I figured 10$ would be good to promote out of region attendance, so possibly orlando attendance for instance. I mean the port charlotte tourney last time didnt get much out of region attendance. Not to mention many tournies are either 10$ or 15$ entrance so 10$ is pretty lenient. If this affects attendance drastically then I might consider it, but 10$ seems fine.

HRnut coming? GET HYPEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

HR, if you come, can we team? =D

OH, IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE VENUES PLEASE PM WITH PRICES OF VENUE AND SUCH. AM WILLING TO MOVE THIS TO PORT CHARLOTTE OR FT.MYERS IF YOU CAN FIND LARGER VENUE.

edit: Viper, if I put drivers of a full car get fee door fee will that solve the issue?

gotta edit title :):)

Oh and yele should definitely come, considering where this is held at, maybe take a pic with the street sign rofl.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
it will solve it for one person in my car and thats me but i will not have a full car because 5 at the door and 10 to play is too much for most smashers i play with.

as far as i knew 5 was pretty standard for tourney fee. the we be smashin did have out of region tampa came. 10 to play will deter most of the FGCU smashers that are used to lower fees to play and will prove possibly to expensive for me to make the drive back down for it. The more the tourney costs add up to plus gas there and back food for the day all adds up to that extra five for the tourney fee can be used to help play for gas in my car. I understand the need for a door fee but not a $10 tourney fee.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
tourney fee is unrelated to door fee, its just 10 to satisfy ppl with payouts and such. I mean for instance, doubles payout would be extremely low with only a $5 entrance. Its kind of nice being able to give 3rd place an actual prize rather than their entrance fee back.

If the majority wants 5$, then sure, but I want to hear back from orlando too.

Segendo

Smash Cadet
speaking on behalf of the majority of the fgcu smash crew... we would defiantly be more inclined to come for a $5 tournament. our tournaments, not including when we have an official fgcu one, usually range 3-5 tops... and we have people complaining about that already.

If you'd like to get local comp to come out and play then I'd keep it at 5 for singles. nobody in the area ever charges higher so its what the local are use to.

-CART

-!-

Smash Lord
I try to go ill tell Yin and C43ck3rw0lf and Malice about it ill try to get PC crew in on this maybe we might go early to train with you Swolf lol.
it'll be cool to see you guys again XP

I personally dont care about the entrance fee, but more people should post what they want to make the right changes :)

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Most of the singles in the UCF orlando area (most, all besides the one hosted at a lan center) are 5$. I would be more inclined to enter, especially if you're asking for Door.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Damn! Maybe I'll try and plan a trip home that weekend, and attend this to see all my old smash buddies. We'll see how it works though, as I have my job, and a possible fieldwork position this summer. >_<

:colorful:

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Damn! Maybe I'll try and plan a trip home that weekend, and attend this to see all my old smash buddies. We'll see how it works though, as I have my job, and a possible fieldwork position this summer. >_<

:colorful:

Smash Buddies...
Like Ewic.

Moonshine

Smash Cadet
Can't go because Prom is that day :(

Argggg stop making events the same day as school stuff for me

this is the third time that's happened with a SFL event =/

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
bump because naples is sxckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk as fxckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

where you at superwolf? ;)

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
well i put the fgcu crew and figured you were apart of that. I didn't realize you wanted me to list everypony from equestria, my bad rainbow dash.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I'd like to
.........be a tree :troll:

can't believe i didnt see this opportunity b4 :(

:edit: Just had an amazing idea thx to xaltis. Will stream anime on the 40inch lcd that I have the whole day during this.. and regular show =D. That way for those of u who lost, ud be like idgaf, im watching 1080p anime son XD, if you won ud be like, ok ill watch some amazing animes until my nex match happens.

Will take requests for those who ask in advance and DL the animes that I don't have ahead of time.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
DewDaDash, I really want to come to this man I really do.

I'm sure if you drop the fee for Brawl, it will make my mind up and you can expect me to be there.
I'm looking to go to more Smash tournaments this summer and its all going to start with this one. $10 is a lot for singles imo.

Top Bottom