• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tourny cancelled, made into smashfest. Practice b4 Apex!

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Mmm im still a bit hesitant about dropping the price considering many have taken interest in having 10 rather than 5.

However... if you can bring a tv/wii, ill drop the door fee for you. That way its the same price for you atleast dropping the door fee rather than the tourney fee. Does this work?

I still need a few setups.. only have 2 back at my place, prob could get one more from my cousin, but 3 isnt enough.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I should also mention that I'll end up buying a couple of boxes for pizza using the door fee. For the most part, I'd like it to stay 10$ just to make it a tourney that ppl are interested in traveling to past the ft.myers/naples area. But as mentioned as before, there will be pizza ill provide as well as if you can bring a wii/tv or are the driver of a full car ill give you $5 off.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Thats legit.

I approve anything you decide dew.
Just know that if you have the singles 10, i probably won't enter doubles, for money johns.
Though i should be bringing a full car as well as a full setup

like a boss :glare:

I'm learning i can use hat face with everything...

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Money Johns is true unless bringing a Wii "and" a TV will count as $5 off both singles and doubles.

What are the chances that this tournament will include an amateur bracket?

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I guess it could have an amateur bracket...... although I don't understand how it works. If mink helps me out with that then sure why not. Bringing a wii/tv is just $5 off.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
SSGuy, you can't expect to take 5$ off a singles or doubles fee. That money isn't going towards Dew, it's going towards the winner, thus it would be taking money directly out of the pot.

Dew, i'l help you run amateurs. It depends on how many people entered/how stacked the tourney is for the entrants of amateurs. For instance, if we miraculously ended with 8 PRs here, we would want amateurs to be PR free, so the people who went 0-2 or 1-2 or maybe even 2-2 depending on bracket, give them another chance to have fun and play with others in their skill level.

Dew, i'll be glad if you let me help run your tournament.

[FBC] B-Unit

Based on Reality
Im gonna have nothing better to do so why not. I'll be there. Just need to make sure I can find a tv then I could bring a setup.

Segendo

Smash Cadet
What I ment to say.

When I come, I'll be repping the Swamp*****s and MLP hard!
What about repping FGCU SMASH! :?:

I can probably bring a setup... so just out of curiosity is there a limit to how many people get the door fee dropped? like first 5 with setups or something?

-CART

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
well ive got like 4 setups alrdy including mink. So considering this is also a melee tourney, id like to have atleast 10 setups altogether if not more. So i guess ill cap it at like 15 or something.

Also I don't really know how much amateur bracket will cost, since I don't really understand how it works. Ill just mink handle the prices/brackets for that.

yo I see nickriddle be lurkin, I know u wanna post something ;)

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Dew, i'm down.

Jeff if i can find a place for us all to stay, yeah you can come. Dunno how many people my mom will let stay.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
If this stays at 10 entry for singles/coubles, I have a decent chance of showing up.
Lots of people I haven't beaten... I mean played.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
awesome :)

I'll be watching your set vs coney for preparation in the meantime ;)

This is strange, whenever I try to put NR on the OP title, a glitch occurs and it puts a space in b/n and l and e. Is that possible to fix? This glitch occurs everytime I try to correct it too.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
lol I'll have to study the tape in order to understand how coney pressured you to SD XD.

Hey btw though, as a moderator can u fix that glitch im currently having with ur name?

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Hey guys....

I really need more setups for this please

update: Tampa confirmed! =D

Lets try to get every region here. We got miami (nickriddle,dfear), naples/ft myers, CFL,Tampa, and gville (ryo and friends).

Get hypedddddddddddd!

edit: I think that is every region actually XD

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I'm only entering both depending on how much money I have. I'm trying to cut back so I can travel more. I got you covered with a set up though.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
just realized this was the 14th. I thought it was the 30th or 21st.

I may stil come, this is two weeks after GA so I may have money johns. If people I drive give me cash money then I may be able to come. ,

it's closer than I thought tho.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
just realized this was the 14th. I thought it was the 30th or 21st.

I may stil come, this is two weeks after GA so I may have money johns. If people I drive give me cash money then I may be able to come. ,

it's closer than I thought tho.
Keep me posted on the subject. I'm almost always able to provide my share of gas. Ik i'd love to go to SFL or this though haha. Ima try to find another ride in the meantime in case you don't. If u don't go to this though you should go to panhandle smash :awesome:

Top Bottom