• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tourny cancelled, made into smashfest. Practice b4 Apex!

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
well last time the tourney had like a little more than 20 entrants. If its 5 entrance fee, that doesn't give much to work with in terms of prize payouts. I mean I'd like to give 1st at least 100$ for their time commitment they've put into winning and their efforts for coming out to the event and such, anything less just seems silly. I lowered the teams entrance fee to 5$ however.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I mean I guess its still happening. It will be disappointing for chudat though since he's the one who wants it more than I do. Im just holding it because he wants to run it and such and he asked to have 1.

BetaWolf

Smash Apprentice
Hmm. Not sure about you, but I just want to play Melee, tourney or not. Put me down then. It will be disappointing if the only person to show up is a scrubby Yoshi player though :p

MVD

Smash Master
Teams should not be 5 since partners gotta split the money like its not fun getting 20 bucks for winning teams lol

:phone:

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Well not much I can do about that unless people that participate in brawl dubz have a majority vote for 10$ at the venue then.

In total I made the cost of the tourney $20 which is entrance,singles+dubz. Its pretty fair imo considering I payed 15$ for singles at NLL and 10$ for dubz

Dubz isnt as focused on as singles, so judging based off last time, itd be nice to have more than like 4 teams so I think this will be a better move, but if that doesn't really make more ppl willing to participate in teams then well there will be a vote then for it.

Edit: im not sure yet, but if 5$ is really that big of a problem for singles, then ill just hold an additional 5$ amateur bracket i suppose.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Still riding my nutz eh? you know that I didn't vote right? Thanks for living my life again. Get off the mk ban kid. Not a big deal.
@gdx
tommy g never starts arguments :troll:

I actually wasn't talking to you. I just wanted MVD to think I wasn't talking to him. XD

MVD

Smash Master
I get ya, dubz is important to me, so i guess we wil see when we are all there

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I might go. It depends on the gas; I'm going through a lot of it this week and next week so I don't know if I'll have enough money to go. Add in Christmas costs and considering that this would probably be over 9 hours of driving (7-8 hours from D-Torr's place+possibly picking up an extra person and then just going home is an extra hour) ... :urg:
I don't know if I can make this anymore as my work schedule may get hectic in these upcoming weeks.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Exdeath I can't really do anything about price, although I did say I might do an amateur bracket for $5 or so so that might help?

But i remember u posting before about a 9 hour drive or something. If it helps, I can provide housing. Note however I don't want too many ppl to use this housing, only those that truly need it, just my part to help out those who want to show up but feel its too far and such. Basically I don't want like 10 ppl staying up playing brawl all night the day before the tourney in which case I don't sleep, (If anyone knows what its like at mink's place b4 a tourney, they must know what I mean <_<)

Exdeath

Smash Master
Exdeath I can't really do anything about price, although I did say I might do an amateur bracket for $5 or so so that might help?

But i remember u posting before about a 9 hour drive or something. If it helps, I can provide housing. Note however I don't want too many ppl to use this housing, only those that truly need it, just my part to help out those who want to show up but feel its too far and such. Basically I don't want like 10 ppl staying up playing brawl all night the day before the tourney in which case I don't sleep, (If anyone knows what its like at mink's place b4 a tourney, they must know what I mean <_<)
I can't afford the gas and I wouldn't be able to bring more than two people with me anyway.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Are you the 1 considering driving? I'm sure you could get by charging others for gas if ur the 1 driving. jeff and gdx wanted to go but have no ride, im sure maybe hrnut or something may want to come too.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Are you the 1 considering driving? I'm sure you could get by charging others for gas if ur the 1 driving. jeff and gdx wanted to go but have no ride, im sure maybe hrnut or something may want to come too.
They're an hour and a half in the other direction.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
xdeath talk to them about meeting u at ur place, then depart

also

i was gona drive, even if ed drives IF we can fill 2 cars.

If not, i'd be very happy to go with you in your car ED. also, text me ANY time in the next week so we can get some games in, i wana practice as much as possible please and thank you!!!

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Nah not coming we just relized that its on new years eve. And I have a life. Doubt gdx or hrnut will come on new years eve. You never know though. Just kinda don't wanna spend my new years eve playing a video game lol

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
if it wasnt so far away on new years eve, then I dont see how the life thing would be an issue

but since we wouldnt be back until way past new years day, it would be an issue

I'll just hang with you guys next saturday night lol

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Yeah, the date says the 30th

and I figured ppl would be fine with it since this is xmas break and like jeff said ppl have things to do on new years eve so it only makes sense.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
O friday? Yea sorry bro don't think I'm gonna make it or hrnut either. He has work and I'm resting up. Like I do every friday.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Nah not coming we just relized that its on new years eve. And I have a life. Doubt gdx or hrnut will come on new years eve. You never know though. Just kinda don't wanna spend my new years eve playing a video game lol

Tournament: December 30th
"New Year's Eve"

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
If I have absolutely nothing to do that Friday, I might sit in somebody's car.
I'd have to be back semi-early so I can see my buddy in WPB Saturday though. ^^,

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Its ok exdeath. Tommy g likes sucking my ****. Sorry I read the date wrong. I don't even celebrate it so it dosnt even matter.

Top Bottom