• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TourneyPlay Portland - Dec 18th 2010 (NBA involved) - December 18th, 2010 - Portland,

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Question for GC Guy:

If I pre register for Melee, and then when I get to the event I decide I want to play Street Fighter as well, can I just pay 10 dollars at the door and register for an additional event?

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
@AlienAllen - Exactly.
Registering for an event now (or soon) helps lock your NBA ticket in, or in the case that the 50 guaranteed ones get claimed, then it gets you in the raffle for the other 150ish a 2nd time.

So get registered NOW for the event and you can add additional events at the door. But register now and get the ticket at least!

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
I just pre registered and I have some questions.

First, I didn't have the option to choose which event I was registering for, do I just tell you at the event?

Second, I didn't input any information except my paypal account. How do you know that I am payed for?

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
Is this worth traveling OOS to? (Idaho)

If I understand what M2K is saying, if the attendance is good, then it can be considered a major and more people would travel to this nation-wide? I would love to have a major less than 10 hours from Idaho.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Yes its worth traveling too!!

Melee People do some math folks!!
$30 for Melee 1v1... means $15-$20 per entry goes to Prize Pool...
Its not split like Brawl is between 1v1 and 2v2... its all Melee 1v1.
50 people enter Melee as a primary event... 50 x $15 = $750. If venue costs come in lower then expected, then it could be $15-$20 per entry to prizes... so $750 - $1000 prize pool for Melee with 50 people.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Prize Pool Guarantees:
100 for Brawl = $2000 total (1v1 + 2v2)
200 for Brawl = $5500 total (1v1 + 2v2)
100 for Melee = $2000 for 1v1
200 for Melee = $5000 for 1v1

Product Prize Totals as of 11/18/10 = ~$7000

(EDIT - had math error in prizes, didnt drop too much though)

wolfFlash

Smash Rookie
Prize Pool Guarantees:
100 for Melee = $2200 for 1v1
200 for Melee = $5500 for 1v1

Nice !!!

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Dont know right off and I do not have it broken down by game so far... I have about 50 actual paid registrations and about 100 commitments that I expect 75-80 of them to be 95% confirmed.

I am getting 5-10 registrations per day the last 3 days though.

Also Halo and Call of Duty are the least likely to register online, actually thinking it through, I do not think i have officially got a single CoD team registered, but last event for COD was 18 teams so not too worried.

The simple point is, if you are coming REGISTER ONLINE, online reg vs door reg = bigger ability to plan prize pools and bigger %age of entries going to prize.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Actually **** it tickets are 500 RT -.-

if anyone is gonna give me a buddy pass to go to this or help substantially with my ticket somehow then I will be going AND team with whoever helped me out. Otherwise 500 RT is just too expensive :/

whoever gives me a **** plane ticket will get me as their teammate and free training FOR AN ENTIRE day telling you everything you did wrong and I'll make you super good. Otherwise it's not financially worth it to go for me unless someone would do that for me.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Just added Dust Off to the sponsor list and working on a cash sponsor... most of that cash sponsor will go to SSF4 as that is what they are interested in, but will try and slide some of it into Smash.

Also adding ST and 3S to the event I think...

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Adding HDR and 3S as side events.

REGISTER ONLINE if you are going to this!!
Some of you KNOW you are going, so register online... the longer you wait the less goes to the prize pools... I have a sliding Venue fee that is tried to Online Registrations (which is tied to # of tickets on the promo)

By waiting to register you screw only yourself in the form of prize pools and fewer NBA tickets.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
REGISTRATION CHALLENGE FOR TP PORTLAND
I have a sponsor who just put out a challenge!!

They will donate $250.00 in Prize Money to the Event that gets the MOST Online registrations between
2:00PM Thurs Dec 2nd and 11:59PM Wed Dec 8th (PST Time).

Minimum Registrations to win will be 10 Registrations for the specific event.
So one event has to break at least 10 Online Registrations to qualify.
That means you all have 6 1/2 days to REGISTER and get at least 10 for YOUR game to lock in this Bonus Prize Money!

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
So Melee does not care about bonus prize pool money I guess....
One reg during the contest time so far for Melee...

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
We are now 36 hrs from losing $250 in free prize money from a sponsor.

We are only a couple days from venue fee going up also which means less prize money, due to lack of actual paid registrations.
So Guaranteed prizes pools will be revised downward by a signif amount due to venue fee increase which is directly related to lack or registrations which is directly related to the ticket promo. Registrations = More Prize Money. I have said this in various places from the get go.

So register online ASAP.

I am glad prize pool money does not seem to matter to anyone, so no one will complain at the lack of payout. I am glad to know that, I should revise the GC Monthly payouts so I make money, since you all are so willing to give up $250-$500 in prize pool money.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
WOW...

Setups for Melee needed.

SSF4 has likely won the bonus money... now Friday is the date. Register by Fri else everyone loses money on this as Venue Fee has to be locked in with online registrations... and we are about 20 short of the goal for the ticket promo.

MasterC

Smash Ace
i'll bring a setup or two GC guy, maybe one tv and two cubes but i'll let you know by Friday...

Gamer_Mason

Smash Apprentice
I had a fun time. I kinda wish I beat Tuen but that just wasn't going to happen. Dang Meta.

Streams still going on and I'm home. Lot of time was left I guess. I just figure that as time progresses, the brackets would progress too. But no, apparently the matches exponentially take longer because both players survive until crazy%.

Binx

Smash Master
I hear there may have been some recording set ups, if you have any matches with melee ice climbers in them it was probably me I only play the blue and pink color. If I am in any of these recordings I would really appreciate it if you guys could send me them, i can give you an email or you could upload them on file planet or whatever if you wanna contact me the best way is through the SWF private message system, thanks.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Results for Melee! Were any videos recorded? :confused:
1 Silent wolf
2 Bladewise (lost to eggz and silent wolf)
3 Eggz lost to (sW and BW)
4 Salepate <--A tight *** Marth main from France. [Lost 2-1 BW marth-peach][Lost 2-0 Silent Wolf marth-fox][Beat Kaostar 2-1 marth-mewtwo][Beat Blunted Object 2-0 marth-falco/fox]

5 C!Z (lost to BW and BO)
5 Blunted Object (lost to Silent Wolf and Salepate)
7 Kaostar (Lost to BW and salepate)
7 Binx (Lost to BO and C!Z)

idk after this

and we had recording available but most matches werent recorded. sucks cuz there were some good matches. I think grandfilnals and semis were recorded but Im not sure.

Binx

Smash Master
Yeah I lost to Blunted Object 2-0 but I felt good about my games, ciz went down to last stock IC vs his Marth match one, game 2 I think I 2 stocked or 3 stocked his Fox on PS then he beat me with his Fox on rainbow cruise last stock low percent. All in all a very good set that Ciz deserved to win.

Gamer_Mason

Smash Apprentice
I played a lot of matches against a guy whose name-tag in game was "N". Not "2N", who I also played a lot of friendlies against, but just... N. I figured someone would know who he was? He used Meta Knight and beat me pretty badly a lot.

Top Bottom