• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tourneybee Chicago 1/27/07 NEW!

Codename: Zero

Smash Journeyman
Well considering we're the organizers... lol. We'll have our open dates friday, hopefully. It comes down to the 27th or 3rd. Since this is a monthly, I'd rather keep it within the month...
Eh, wouldn't want to disrupt this tournament: I'm cool with the 3rd: that way people have two Saturdays of smash. Besides, we don't even know what dates we have available to us.

Hopefully our contact at CoD (Fugie) will come through for us tomorrow. Once we get info, we'll post the official date ASAP.

eno

Smash Rookie
if you change the date thats me and 3 people i was bringing wont be able to go.. we have duty that day we cant leave our barracks.....

Jazzness

Smash Ace
Aight I just read that its' 1/27/07 ... that's cool with me.

I found out just now that I'm going to Keokuk, Iowa tomorrow'z.

Good luck to anyone if this happens tomorrow, or I'll see you all next week if it's staying the 27th.

Sorry for making things so confusing, tournament-holders.

P00cRUMz

Smash Cadet
uhhh.. so i see that SGIV is being held on thre 17th of february? thats good. >P
so Tourneybee will be held on the 27th of this month. no more changes. thats gunna be the day. sooooooooooooooooooo... all of you who's rsvped me. im going to email you about the change in the date. since some of us doesnt keep up with the posts....

Mars-

Smash Champion
If I was you, I would post the menu at this place if you are expecting people to buy something, then I might consider showing up.

Tink

Smash Hero
so, i dint look through the whole thread, so i dont know if this was mentioned or not, and if it was, im sorry.

2$ for singles and 2$ for doubles <_<. any way to atleast raise that too 5? its going to be like 18$ to first =(.

The Blackstar

Smash Journeyman
so, i dint look through the whole thread, so i dont know if this was mentioned or not, and if it was, im sorry.

2$ for singles and 2$ for doubles <_<. any way to atleast raise that too 5? its going to be like 18$ to first =(.
Wow, good job being a vulture Tink. "Hey guys, is there any way we could raise the amount of money that's certainly going into my pocket if I show up?"

Anyway, I doubt I'll be able to make this now. I'll do some checking but as of right now, it's doubtful. I think I have to work until 4 something that day.

Tink

Smash Hero
rofl, well, if the pots not even going to give me gas money, then i dont wanna lose money on the venture sir blackstar <_<.

B4tt1enet

Smash Cadet
haha well for those of us not planning on winning anything (like me) then a low entrance fee is good =) but i'm not complaining... $6 isn't too bad

The Blackstar

Smash Journeyman
I'll dedicate a match to you Tink, as long as I get one in return.
False, sir. All of Tink's matches will be dedicated to The Blackstar, as that brings the highest win percentage.

And oh my god Tink, god forbid you play in a tourney for fun. Remember that word? "Fun"?

Tink

Smash Hero
rofl, thats why im not playing fox anymore sir, for fun :p. unless its against eddie, then the fox will be used all day :D>.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
pfft! I'll dedicate all my matches to the great g-reg! I've been feeling the g-reg alot lately my Falcon might get to come out of the closet this tourney

Jazzness

Smash Ace
Tink, I need drastic amounts of practice vs Falcon and Sheik. Let's $MM.

$4 Falcon (you) vs. Fox (me)
$3 Sheik (you) vs Fox (me)
$3 Marth Ditto

Also, friendlies would be great, 'cos I always learn stuff from you.

Mars-

Smash Champion
I think it is dumb that we have to pay for a food item when $2 of the pot is going towards the place anyway.

BIG DAN 63

Smash Rookie
I think it is dumb that we have to pay for a food item when $2 of the pot is going towards the place anyway.
the guy is closing the place to the public on that day so he needs u to buy something so he doesn't lose any money. plus the stuff they got there is good.

Jazzness

Smash Ace
To Everyone (especially Brightside) --

I don't think I'm attending this tournament anymore.

I wanna be a shinobi!

Also, sorry Brightside or anyone else who potentially gets screwed by me not showing up (e.g. Tink, or Q222)

The Blackstar

Smash Journeyman
pfft! I'll dedicate all my matches to the great g-reg! I've been feeling the g-reg alot lately my Falcon might get to come out of the closet this tourney
Your Falcon is gay? I suspected as much.

I'm going to have to ditto Jazz on this one. Brightside, maybe you should talk to Ramon about teaming since he's losing his partner too.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
lol atleast I got a heads up notice, who's still comming to this??? If this gets to small I dunno if I would even wanna go T_T. (NEED A PARTNER NOW!!!)

Scythe

Smash Master
How many tvs and cubes you guys got for this?

what a shame jazz iwas looking forward to our mm

Scythe

Smash Master
should be okay i think. just a little slow but you need any cubes?

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
3 setups is way to little. Just ask people to bring setups and thats probably 2-3 more that are comming and I guess that should be good enough.

Jazzness

Smash Ace
For everyone/anyone who wanted to play me for $ --

There's SG IV, so bring it on. (:

ALSO -- Blackstar where are you located? I wanna arrange a carpool up to Wisconsin from the Crystal Lakes/N. Barrington area, if possible.

Top Bottom