• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tourneybee Chicago 1/27/07 NEW!

Me14k

Smash Lord
Can we get this pushed back a week to sat 27 or sun 28?

I really dont want to miss bears game, and one more week equals one more week of people to see the tourny

Scythe

Smash Master
you can just a have a spare Tv with the bears game on
tourny starts at 12:00 game starts at 3

Me14k

Smash Lord
Game starts at 2..http://www.chicagobears.com/team/schedule.html

Is this tourny connected with this restaraunt? I know this is crazy..but ive been told that this neighborhood is pretty bad and has lots of gangs..is this true?

Im not expecting you to move location, but if you could move it to like a school gym or a church...i definitly wuill be able to go :)

The Blackstar

Smash Journeyman
Game starts at 2..http://www.chicagobears.com/team/schedule.html

Is this tourny connected with this restaraunt? I know this is crazy..but ive been told that this neighborhood is pretty bad and has lots of gangs..is this true?

Im not expecting you to move location, but if you could move it to like a school gym or a church...i definitly wuill be able to go :)
Ahahahahahaha. I don't think a bunch of roving gangs are suddenly going to storm in on a videogame tournament in a tea shop. We should be alright.

Yeah, I thought the date was saturday, not sunday, so I don't know if I'll be able to come now. Moving it back a week would probably be optimum for most people seeing as how the Bears ARE in the NFC championship game.

And having and extra TV with the game on is just not going to cut it when I could be watching it on a wall of 50" HD plasmas and lcds. And getting paid for it.

halfDemon

Smash Lord
Ahahahahahaha. I don't think a bunch of roving gangs are suddenly going to storm in on a videogame tournament in a tea shop. We should be alright.

Yeah, I thought the date was saturday, not sunday, so I don't know if I'll be able to come now. Moving it back a week would probably be optimum for most people seeing as how the Bears ARE in the NFC championship game.

And having and extra TV with the game on is just not going to cut it when I could be watching it on a wall of 50" HD plasmas and lcds. And getting paid for it.
Living the dream.

If I can go, I'll be a walk-in entrant. Anyone wanna team with me if I have enough cash to spare for that? I'll definitely do singles, if I can go, but I wouldn't mind a double.

eno

Smash Rookie
i might need help going to this tournament. i dont drive anymore, i will be able to take the train to the train station and from there i dont know anything about the area

B4tt1enet

Smash Cadet
i checked all the posts and no one seemed to answer this question: so do we have to pay $6 just to get IN?

AND

$6 for both 1v1 and 2v2 EACH?

so if you did all 3 would that total to $18?

radical00edward

Smash Journeyman
oh, and jazzness, q222 is up for best out of 5, i noticed thats not on your sig.. thats if he can go, theres a small chance he might not be able to, but if he cant, im gonna team with TIM instead..

Me14k

Smash Lord
i might need help going to this tournament. i dont drive anymore, i will be able to take the train to the train station and from there i dont know anything about the area
Where do you live? I kinda know the area...its right by devon avenue, Bus stops everywhere around there.

I recommend taking a bus to devon avenue, then walking or getting a cab. The place is behind the school called mather

Me14k

Smash Lord
Sorry to double post:

>.< My parents dont want me to go to a cafe'...they say yes to a church lol.

P00cRUMz

Smash Cadet
Sorry to double post:

>.< My parents dont want me to go to a cafe'...they say yes to a church lol.
whoaaa gangs wth? lmaoo..... the cafe is across the street from a highschool. "mather " its not a bad neighbourhood. though theres a police cam on the corner of california and thorndale... lol. but no. its not a bad area. the "gangbangers" in the area are just wannabes.. but yeah. you all should be fine where it is..

Me14k.. you must have some strict parents there. heh -.-"

oh. and still debating on the tournament date.. hmmm.
umm yeah.

Jazzness

Smash Ace
I would love it if you guys could change the date to saturday.

On sunday my gf is cantering for mass, which she attends (and I promised I'd attend) at 745pm. This means I'd only be able to stay for doubles, at most on sunday.

On Saturday I'd be able to stay the whole day (:

P00cRUMz

Smash Cadet
mmmm so here's an idea.
since things are coming up.. haaa... lets VOTE!! x]

*SHOULD THE TOURNEYBEE BE POSTPONED TO THE 27/28?*
(still have to decide on the date. but most likely will be on a weekend).
if majority agrees to push til the following week. then we will.

as for me.. i wouldnt mind pushing it til next week..
i dont wanna miss the bears game ^.^ so theres my vote =]

anyone else? SPEAK NOW! >P

once everyone gives their opinion,
well come to a decision by FRIDAY (or sooner) and will be posted ASAP ;D

BIG DAN 63

Smash Rookie
to B4tt1enet

i checked all the posts and no one seemed to answer this question: so do we have to pay $6 just to get IN?

AND

$6 for both 1v1 and 2v2 EACH?

so if you did all 3 would that total to $18?
no. its 6 for one on one and 6 each for two on two. but u have to buy sumthing. dont matter how much it costs but u have to buy sumthing. :(

eno

Smash Rookie
Where do you live? I kinda know the area...its right by devon avenue, Bus stops everywhere around there.

I recommend taking a bus to devon avenue, then walking or getting a cab. The place is behind the school called mather
im from cali orginally i hit up the west coast scene for smash... now im in the navy stationed in great lakes(waukegan) if the bus takes it there ill just hit it from there.. you know what route number to take????

Scythe

Smash Master
i perosnally say that this saturday would be the best or next Saturday.
i really want it this weekend tho. and you might as well count my vote x4 cause i have 3 friends coming with me.

Jazzness

Smash Ace
I don't mind either 20 or 27, as long as we got the Saturday ...

Can SG IV be postponed depending on whether or not Tourneybee is?

Also, $MM for Tourneybee, Chicago?? Any more takers?

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
If SG and this are gonna be on the same day, Id MUCH rather go to SG4 than this. This tourney is so far being extremely poorly setup and if your having this much trouble comming up with something as simple as a date I don't wanna know what its gonna be like when the tourney is being run.

P00cRUMz

Smash Cadet
well.. does anyone know when THAT tourney is OFFICIALLY?
cause i had my lil discussion.. and the 27th is.. FINAL..

ughh.. anything else? U_U

WiseLugia

Smash Journeyman
Well considering we're the organizers... lol. We'll have our open dates friday, hopefully. It comes down to the 27th or 3rd. Since this is a monthly, I'd rather keep it within the month...

That, and that MarthMaster guy is having something on 27.

Nike

Smash Apprentice
yea, uhh don't have SGIV on the third because it is the annual celebration of my birth.

the 27th is much better

Top Bottom