• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tourneybee Chicago 1/27/07 NEW!

P00cRUMz

Smash Cadet
Address is 5868 N. Lincoln
Chicago IL, 60659

THE DATE IT WILL BE HELD:
TOURNEYBEE HAS BEEN POSTPONED TO SATURDAY, JANUARY 27th!!!!!!!!

TIME will be:
1st tournament (1 v 1)
12 Noon - finish

2nd tournament (2 v 2)
after (1v1)

*Come 15 minutes early. first 40 play.

IMPORTANT!!
only 40 people will be allowed in the building at once,
BECAUSE! space is limited at bobabee. =]

ENTRANCE FEE: $6.00
* you MUST purchase a drink or something.
$6 PER PERSON for both tourneys (1v1) and (2v2)

PRICE POOL:
$4.00 will go to the pot.
$2.00 will go to bobabee :]

FIRST PLACE: 70% of the pot
SECOND PLACE: 20% of the pot
3rd & 4th PLACE: 5% of the pot. EACH

*LIMITED AMOUNT OF SPACE*
we'll allow up to 10 spectators for a $2 fee.
or you could buy a drink from the place. :D

RSVP to EMAILS:
shortiep00crumz@gmail.com
defensive_end_63@yahoo.com

MYSPACE:
www.myspace.com/p00crumz
www.myspace.com/bigdan63de

RSVP MUST INCLUDE:
- FULL NAME W/ IDENTIFICATION
- VS NAME (4 LETTER NAME)
- PARTICIPATION IN ONE OR BOTH EVENTS

* questions, comments, problems... email/pm/post

Rules are as follows: (so this is what you guys are yelling at me about U_U".. so here it is.. basically somewhat the 'same' as our rules.. just more into detail n junk.. YEAH YEAH YEAHHHH >P here)

Tournament Rules
1. The Singles and 2v2 Brackets will be Double Elimination.
2. The Losers Bracket will have mixed placement to avoid players being eliminated by the same opponent that beat them in the Winner???s Bracket.
3. All matches are best of 3 except for the Finals (best of 5).
4. Lives will be set at 4 stock with an 8 minute time limit.
5. Ties will be broken by stock left and then by percentage of health. Sudden death will be played if both the stock and percentage are tied at the end of the time limit.
6. Items will be turned off.

Stages & Character Select
1. The first round stage is selected by random, but if both players (teams) can agree on a stage then the first match can be played on any stage they agree upon except one from the banned list below.
2. Random Select Stages - Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Kirby 64, & Pokemon Stadium.
3. Stages Banned - Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Termina Bay and Yoshi's Island 64, and Rainbow Cruise.
4. Stages not listed on the random select list, that are not banned, are open for counter picks by the losing player.
5. ???Dave's Stupid Rule??? - no stage can be used twice in a single match, whether by random select or by picking.
6. Knock-out - after initial characters have been selected and only before the first match is played, each person may knock off one stage from the available tournament stages. That stage will be turned off for the entire set.
7. Advanced Slob Picks - the loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then the winner may change characters, and then the loser may change characters.
8. Double-Blind Pick - at the beginning of a match, any player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players tell a judge their character secretly and are required to use that character for the first game.

Special Team Rules
1. Team Attack ON
2. Life stealing allowed
3. During teams (2vs2) Mute City and Fountain of Dreams are banned due to match disrupting lag.

Other Rules & Special Issues
1. Any unnecessary pausing of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game.
2. Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
3. Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as droping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop the tactic and lose a stock.

Match Format
1. Each player chooses a seat and controller port. If both players want the same controller port, a coin flip will determine the winner of the port. The loser may then choose whichever seat he wants.
2. Players then choose their character and have 30 seconds to do so. If any player does not select their character at the end of 30 seconds or if any player calls for it, a double blind pick will be used. Once a player has placed their coin on a character???s image to select it, they may not change characters
3. Once characters have been selected the highest player in the highest controller port position may press start to go to the level select screen. Once on the level select screen, each player may choose their stages to knock-out (see Stages & Character Select rule #6) and then either agree on a stage together or select a stage at random. Any arguing over stages will be interrupted by the judges and random stage select will be used.
4. Players play their first match.
5. Once they have returned to the character select screen, the losing player from the previous match must announce their choice for the next level or elect to have the next level selected at random. Once the stage selection has been announced, the winning player may choose to change their character. Once the winning player has chosen his character for the next match, the losing player may then choose to change characters. After the stage and characters have been set, the players play their second match.
6. If the winning player wins again, he wins the set and must report the score to a judge. If the losing player from the previous match wins, repeat #5 (above) and play the third match. Winner of the third match must report the score to a judge.

and YEAH. you all are familiar with the rest. correct? so no more "afbshugblsrfsd"-ing at me. so there.

BOBABEE'S MYSPACE
http://www.myspace.com/boba_bee

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
sounds like you've never run a tourney before, those are some strange rules. I'd go if I was in the area but there's no way I'd drive to Chicago for it.

Jazzness

Smash Ace
^ agrees with 18spikes.

PooCrumz, not meaning to be rude, but you're running things the way a crappy, greedy, nooby little gaming store would. You'd do well to learn from MLG.

All matches will be single elimination
+Four stock, 8:00 minutes
+Life stealing is allowed
+NO slob picks
+Neutral (random) stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Pokémon Stadium, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams
+Stages will be randomly selected
+Banned stages: Rainbow Cruise, Temple, Yoshi's Island (both 64 and Melee), Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Great Bay, Big Blue, Flatzone, Mushroom Kingdoms (both I and II), and Fountain of Dreams in teams (due to lag). All other stages legal.
+NO ITEMS
+No friendly fire
+Cannot Change your character.
A few points to consider:

1. Icicle Mountain is legal.

2. Single Elimination, wo/slob picks. How many rounds? Which stages are random, and which ones are counterpick in the next rounds? Can you go back to a stage where you already won at?

3. Friendly fire is off.

4. Cannot change your character?

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Yeah you should make some of the changes to the rules... Especially the friendly fire off and the no changing chars. Also, is FOD only banned in doubles or is that for both???

Might go to this, only like 5 mins away from my house

P00cRUMz

Smash Cadet
haha yes true. first time "hosting" a tourney hahaha.
an idea my friend n i came up with. to help out that bubble tea shop
and to play others in smash haaaaaa >_<

*making changes.. >P 'sigh'

radical00edward

Smash Journeyman
ok, heres the story..

-icicle mountain should be banned for team and singles
-it should be 2/3 match for team and single
-friendly fire should be on
-you should be able to change your character

should i just make the rules? im a smash director so i know how to run these things.. i follow mlg rules, i can also run fc and king of the couch, but for this kind of play we should use mlg rules..

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Well I'm all for deviating from standard rules when it comes to more humble tournaments, maybe you should let him have a bit of bending here and there instead of commandeering the whole thing. Cause otherwise this would become "just another tournament". It's only $6, and 40 player cap, I don't think he's going for anything major.

Also something that's probably a more pressing issue than the rules, is the setups. Have you looked into that, P00?

Minty

Smash Apprentice
Just for some Clarfications everyone:

@ Quaz slight rule change Friendly Fire will be on ignore that rule
@Jazzness Icicle Mountain is consider a banned stage basically the rules are MLG format so whatever happens at MLG will occur here also.
@ Brightside FoD is only banned for DOuble because of the lagginess =P

So all in all here are some of the slight changes to the tournament
Friendly Fire is on
Icicle Mountian is banned for both Doubles and Singles
Fountain of Dreams is banned for only Doubles
4 Stock
Characters are changable
Just an FYI there is no losers bracket so its loser out.

radical00edward

Smash Journeyman
yeah, youre right i guess.. but 2/3 would be more fun.. and yes, thank you for friendly fire ON.. because if it wasnt, two people could both be marth and keep smashing the other team back and fourth with the over A, and it wouldnt be that fair.. theres more disadvantages to gameplay if friendly fire is off, in my opinion..

whoo! to the updated rules

P00cRUMz

Smash Cadet
Just for some Clarfications everyone:

@ Quaz slight rule change Friendly Fire will be on ignore that rule
@Jazzness Icicle Mountain is consider a banned stage basically the rules are MLG format so whatever happens at MLG will occur here also.
@ Brightside FoD is only banned for DOuble because of the lagginess =P

So all in all here are some of the slight changes to the tournament
Friendly Fire is on
Icicle Mountian is banned for both Doubles and Singles
Fountain of Dreams is banned for only Doubles
4 Stock
Characters are changable
Just an FYI there is no losers bracket so its loser out.
yeahhhhhhhhhhhh there it is. SLIGHT CHANGES. add those to the original. haha. -.-"

radical00edward

Smash Journeyman
whoo! sorry about that, i didnt read it for some reson, than i was like.. whoopsie! and edited, heheh

Jazzness

Smash Ace
there will be no single elimination or losers bracket.
so everyone will play their opponent 2/3.
It doesn't quite work like that.

Single elimination/Double elimination occurs after a SET is played.

One set = X rounds to be played.

Double elimination means you would have to lose TWO sets (best of X rounds) to be eliminated. Single elimination means that you would lose ONE set (best of X rounds) to be eliminated.

P00cRUMz

Smash Cadet
hmmm that last thing i said.. someone logged in my account and wrote that...
thats a type for them. ha. there WILL be single elimination.. one set best 2/3. yup.

Vokuhila

Smash Cadet
I'm up for it, since it has a little more of a time bracket. The one in Portage that happened today I missed because I wasn't sure of a time and when I found out it was too late.

Scythe

Smash Master
is there two different pots for singles and teams?
and isn't slob picks being able to couinter pick with a stage?
why even mention which stages are banned then if matches are randomed.

Minty

Smash Apprentice
i main as luigi my probability of going is 50/50 depending if i have plans that day. Plus not to mention its the day before finals >.O

WiseLugia

Smash Journeyman
The Wise One MAY decide to show...

The tourneys should be double elim. Seriously. Otherwise, it's not fair to those who will get beasted by Jazz and Side early.

The Blackstar

Smash Journeyman
Yea, in single elim luck plays to big of a factor in the brackets :/. Double elim is the way to gooooo
Yeah, really. I don't wanna hear Brightside whining for 30 minutes after I knock him out in the first round.

Honestly though, double elim is what you should do. I'm not trying to tell you how to run your own tournament, but it's much much more fun if everyone gets to play at least 2 sets. Going 2 and out sucks, but 1 and done would be even worse.

Question: If there are no slob picks, what's the deal with only certain stages being on random? If you can't counterpick stages, shouldn't they all be on random? Or just ban everything but the neutrals?

Also, I should be coming to this.

97th edit: Brightside, I don't think Sir Noodles will be able to make this, or at least not on time. Shall we form the Wu-Tang Clan again?

Scythe

Smash Master
ummm does RSVP still require "- ONE CHARACTER & COLOUR"? does that mean we can't switch? "+Can Change your character." then wats' this?

"- FULL NAME W/ IDENTIFICATION" identification?
clarify this topic please. And double elimination would be hardcore.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
lol Wu-tang clan again for sure :p. Fox grab -> Puff rest is TO good, it might as well be considered the next wobbles

We had better be able to switch chars for this, I dont wanna go solo Marth/Fox through the whole thing.

Top Bottom