• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tourney Locator: Low Tier City 2 Results

Oracle

Smash Master
Melee 2v2: 17 Entrants

Supreme Champion:

wobbles and westballz ($187)

Worthy Adversary:

M2K and pbnj ($102)

Maybe Next Time:

mojo and jake13 ($34)

4th place:

mouf and albert ($17)

5th place tie:

laudandus and ting
ptjon and quote

7th place tie:

jaggedcole and wtblake
dizzy and lvl9

9th place tie:

southern gent and f-ric
pizzacato and apathetic toaster
ghanima and king ramses
charlos and flemon

13th place tie:

ksanctum and jvskill
timestop and oppa
phantom and prioritized
jump and jl

17th place:

mochtroid and rusbus

PM 2v2: 36 Entrants

Supreme Champion:

M2K and Infinity ($506.00)

Worthy Adversary:

Lunchables and Dakpo ($230.00)

Maybe Next Time:

Sethlon and Denti ($92)

4th place:

Awestin and Oracle ($46)

5th place tie:

Aerolink and Luck ($23)
Neon and K9 ($23)

7th place tie:

Kaos and Aion
GG Mojo and Blink

9th place tie:

Ipunchkidsz and Westballz
Strong Bad and Ripple
Gnosis and Zinth
all 8 and niel

13th place tie:

Ting and Laudandus
Problemo and Denthorn
Lvl9 and Dizzy
Stef and G-Rabbit

17th place tie:

DMG and Rat
Zeroic and Zeej
Bec and Abstract Logic
Unidex and DunkaSkunk
Shokio and Grime
Darkgun and Tripp
DYL and Stoks
TVBlaze and Kirby

25th place tie:

DR and Thief
Southern Gent and Fric
JVSkill and Ksanctum
ODP Azer and Em
SCG|Dad and Whiskeytits
Bryonato and Pizzacato
Keys and SirOrin
Guerilla and Wooks

33rd place tie:

SS TurqNotes and EESports|Dragonite
Narco and Rigz
Keef and Tigger
Cory and Sea
Phantom and Gzus

Melee 1v1: 75 Entrants

Supreme Champion:

P4K M2K ($616)

Worthy Adversary:

Westballz ($308)

Maybe Next Time:

Wobbles ($123)

4th place:

GameGuys Mojo ($61)

5th place tie:

Jake13 ($37)
Laudandus ($37)

7th place tie:

Albert ($25)
hamyojo ($25)

(9th place tie:

Penguin
Zinth
SS| pbnj
ripple

13th place tie:

king ramses
aliami
denti
dmw

17th place tie:

dizzy
mouf
k9
skeith
FX|waterlessfishie
nevakee
jaggedcole
dmg

PM 1v1: 121 Entrants

Supreme Champion:

P4K M2K ($1057)

Worthy Adversary:

Neon ($525)

Maybe Next Time:

Sethlon ($212)

4th place:

Kaos ($106)

5th place tie:

K9 ($63)
awestin ($63)

7th place tie:

Lunchables ($42)
ss($42)

9th place tie:

strong bad
ipunchkids
utdzac
filthy casual

13th place tie:

denti
infinity
mojo
zinth

17th place tie:

ripple
gnosis
rat
luck
westballz
dmg
dakpo
denthorn

25th place tie:

nza
problem0
notsoshyguy
zeroic
shokio
dad
albert
calabrel

33rd place tie:

aerolink
zeej
dizzy
grime
calm animal
aion
keys
dyl

This tournament was an absolute blast! There were so many exciting matches and fun games all three days! It was a ton of fun hanging out with all the OOS players; big shoutouts to Socal and AZ for making the long drive over and doing so well! Seeing all the people who came out was so rewarding, and I hope everyone enjoyed the tournament as much as I did. I want to give a huge thanks to the Tourney Locator team: Billy and Sean helped this event be such a huge success, in addition to everyone who helped by running pools and bringing setups. Good games to everyone I played, and I hope to see you all at Low Tier City 3 next year!

This tournament was a big step for Tourney Locator, and it marks the beginning of a bright future. We have a ton of things planned for the future, and we're very excited for the growth and opportunity that Smash 4 will afford us!

IF YOU WON MONEY, PRIVATE MESSAGE ME TO CLAIM IT! You can either have me paypal you the money, or I will mail you a check.

Last edited:

hamyojo

Smash Ace
Gg's all and great tourney now let's see if I can do it again ever
Spoiler alert: I prob can

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
definitely a well run tourney! major props to the staff keeping everything running smoothly and on time!

and most definitely a lot of hype in the matches! i still can't talk right... not good at the shoutouts thing, but rip in peace, mario. his tombstone will read "murdered by kaos. gg"

edit: it just occurred to me that "rip in pieces" is much more fitting.

Last edited:

skwaag5233

Smash Cadet
Despite melee pools being announced kinda late this tournament was still a lot of fun. I did decently in my pool and even got a game on stream.

Shoutouts to:
-Hamlin for being a beast w/ Yoshi
-M2K for destroying me w/ DK and asking me to watch for Neon's habits
-Aerolink for playing Brawl w/ me and trying to buy pizza off me
-Everyone who played me in friendlies!

I hope I make it out of pools next year!

Unidex

Smash Rookie
Great tourney, really well run. Wish I hadn't flubbed so much tech in my matches, but learned a lot anyway. Gonna make it out of pools next time as long as my pools dont totally suck like my PM one did (Kaos, Filthy Casual, and a high level Diddy main that gave Kaos a run for his money). Shoutouts to Wobbles, Bec and Sethlon for all the friendlies!

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Everyone else drowned in pools. Had a blast tloc and texas da bess. getting to commentate with d1 was definitely the highlight of my weekend, he really inspired me to want to commentate more often and get better. Socal/az you guys were also fun to hang out with on the walking trail.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
shoutouts to the 2 excellent stream (espec gimr for those hillarious pics

excellent commentary.

also to

Great tournament guys. Had a ton of fun. I can't say I'm particularly happy with how I played (definitely didn't play very well), but 13th in Melee isn't so bad despite that, I guess. But very well ran event :) I hope NM gets to come out for more of your tournaments guys! And perhaps we'll see you at the Big House 4. Maybe we can get some of you guys to come to Albuquerque for our events.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Someone has to find out who Filthy Casual is. I swear he stole Darkrain's magical powers by consuming his soul or something, way too good. For your first big tourney/national, you did hella good dude!

I had a lot of fun at this. I didn't do very good in teams with Rat, I let him down a bit imo but I think we were both cool with everything. I'm grateful D1, Gimr, and others traveled here to make this such an amazing experience, including all the OOS players as well. Hope everyone had a decent time.

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
Someone has to find out who Filthy Casual is. I swear he stole Darkrain's magical powers by consuming his soul or something, way too good. For your first big tourney/national, you did hella good dude!
Filthy Casual confirmed with me that the rumor was bogus and that this wasn't his first big tourney. It might have been for PM, but not for Melee.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I figured. The guy was too good! Was happy to see the legend of Falcon continue

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think I did pretty good in Melee singles, but the real hype wasn't Melee... or PM... or even F-Zero GX.

Rayman Arena brought the hype. Shoutouts to Wobbles, Unidex, and EP and a few others for playing.

who did wes use to 3-0 WOBBLES
According to Wobbles the only reason he lost was the fact that he SD'd twice every game, but I think that's not only the only reason.
Weston used Falco (Falco has the MU) and Wobbles decided to be stupid and kept going to Yoshi's Story, Weston's Favorite stage and arguably Falco's best stage as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

I had a lot of fun at this. I didn't do very good in teams with Rat, I let him down a bit imo but I think we were both cool with everything. I'm grateful D1, Gimr, and others traveled here to make this such an amazing experience, including all the OOS players as well. Hope everyone had a decent time.
As G-Rabbit said, no this was not the Filthy Casual's first tournament, haha. Someone started that rumor and we all just went along with it for kicks and giggles. He hasn't really played seriously in a couple of years, but he's from New Mexico :) I hope you guys might consider coming down to NM for Melee/PM tournaments when we host our next regional! There are several players here just as good as Neil, but who don't travel all that often. We promise to be the most accommodating tourney hosts you've ever worked with :) Also, in case you were wondering my gamertag in the tourney was DMW and Neil and I drove down with some other people.

Also, Aliami, Wobbles was very sick for most of the tournament, though he probably never made a big deal of it. I'm not sure he was playing all that well regardless.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also, Aliami, Wobbles was very sick for most of the tournament, though he probably never made a big deal of it. I'm not sure he was playing all that well regardless.
I know he got sick on day one but was feeling better day two. I brought him Gatorade and stuff and I think that helped him. I think he was playing well but he probably wasn't at the top of his game. When I was talking to him in the car ride to the tournament he said he was really stressed out that he would have to fight Westballz, so nervousness may have hit him hard too. Remember, Westballz plays Fly Amanita a lot and knows the IC matchup.

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
Wobbles was clearly a champ. I got pretty sick the evening of Day 1, right before my melee pools. Couldn't focus, couldn't really play, didn't know what to blame it on, and just dropped. I meant to make it to Day 2, but I would up spending all day sleeping to recover.

Brian, you can keep that controller until we see each other at the next tournament. I promise I'll put up more of a fight!

Sorry to everyone in my pool who I played and sandbagged against. No Johns, I should've handled it better. And you guys were all really cool people. Props to all!

D

Deleted member

but you didnt actually make i out of pools
You're just salty I got a slot higher than you, haha. I made it out even though there was a miscommunication from a tie in pools, and the person I tied with didn't show up on day two so I was put into bracket.

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
Too many shoutouts to handle. But I'll give it a shot.

-GimR for doing GimR things so well
-Aliami for the games and hype and donuts and being Staff and lol
-Method for being hilarious and getting the most I've hyped I've seen someone be over friendlies (PB&J and Westballz during pools). "Come on, Fox!" "OHHH! That was sick! Let's go, Marth!"
-Ruin for being in commentary mode from the crowd during PM top 8. Don't lie, you know where on that D1 analysis. XD Albert knows.
-D1 for being a homie, hyping up DFW + tourney locator + Infinity and Beyond, chatting with me, and even tweeting about me. Stay legit.
-PB&J for being a homie, hyping up DFW + tourney locator + Infinity and Beyond, chatting with me, and even tweeting about me. Stay legit.
lol
-M2K for the friendlies/practice in PM. GGs.
-All the DFW regulars I got friendlies with, especially EP The Salt King. Your Marth isn't ready for this. :p
-Wobbles for donuts w/ Aliami.
-Sethlon just for being so good.
-Mojo for the friendlies and adding some Melee hype to the bracket
-Everyone from out of state that got in on the DFW hype and made this tourney even better. (SoCal, AZ, N.M., etc.)
-FX | Gabe Exchange for competing, just because DIME.
-Hamyojo for keeping the Yoshi polished
-Element of Smash for hanging around on Day 1. At least you were there for the first half!
-Youngblood for still losing a match to me. I won't believe the hype until you 4-stock me. :3
-PM crowds for stealing so much hype. XD

And shoutouts to literally everyone that came together to make LTC 2 as a great as it was. DFW Uprise.

~WEB

Last edited:

Psyvern

Smash Rookie
Aliami you don't even make it out of pools and then you beat DMG playing Fox even though he and I both know he could of easily destroyed you with Ganon and you have the gall to brag about getting top 16. That's just pathetic. Honestly all you did was get really lucky.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

...you beat DMG playing Fox even though he and I both know he could of easily destroyed you with Ganon.
If he could have easily destroyed me, why didn't he Cole?
No excuses, no johns. :)

I was in Jake13's pool, and his Falco was pretty awesome to fight against. I wouldn't consider myself 'lucky' by any means necessary. I played at LTC and played well enough to get out of pools and beat people. That's all that happened. And for the record, I'm not bragging. I'm just happy how I played at LTC2. The last time I played that well was at one of the first DIME Bi-Weeklies.

PB&J

Smash Hero
Change the title to P4K EMP MEw2king not P4K Mew2king

also, I'm on twitch often. please sub or follow. twitch.tv/mew2king

edit - this is m2k

Last edited:

Psyvern

Smash Rookie
Aliami you didn't even make it out of pools you had by far the easiest pool and you only got into bracket because the third seed didn't show up. Honestly if you wanna be proud of yourself for beating someone who was playing a character they don't use in tournament except on you because he thought you were bad then be my guest, but you and I both know all you are is lucky. You just want to feel good about yourself so you tricked yourself into believing that you were actually good enough to get into top 16 of low tier city 2 without someone sandbagging against you.

D

Deleted member

Let's not turn this into a flaming session, stay professional and **** guys.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Woah now gentlemen! I was not sandbagging Aliami at all: we did a bunch of friendlies either Saturday or Sunday and I was doing good enough with Fox (I won most of our friendlies with only Fox, not that I take those kind of matches to mean a whole lot in general, but it's all I had to work with) that I was decently confident in doing it again if we had to meet. Going Fox was not sandbagging him, but respecting him enough to go with my guts that I thought Fox was my best option. He played better than our friendlies + got more wobbles off, I played a bit worse. He won the match, and that's all there is to it from my point of view.

Last edited:

Oracle

Smash Master
Aliami I told you specifically I didnt want you to enter the bracket. I know bwett was running the tournament sincr I was playing at the time but I dont appreciate being ignored and disrespected like that.

ThaJakester

Valatunda! Valatunda!
NNID
ThaJakester
Daaaaw :C No full results?

None the less my smasher friends, I gotta say that was one of the most fun experiences I have ever had! Really appreciate the dedication and hard work Oracle and the TLOC team has put in to make this happen! Everything from the venue, the friendlies, money matches, tournament, ect, was awesome! Even staying in the hotel and all the cool stuff I did in Dallas in between it all was wonderful<3 Can't wait for next years go!

Also :) shoutouts to all the really down to earth people I got to meet and play with in the hotel rooms (That double solar beam team kill! Those views while playing friendlies on the balcony!)

Last edited:

Scaremonger

Smash Apprentice
Sorry to everyone in my pool who I played and sandbagged against. No Johns, I should've handled it better. And you guys were all really cool people. Props to all!
Don't even ****ing go there, dude. After getting 4stocked in pools, are you seriously going to go to the smashboards thread and say you weren't trying? That's incredibly lame. I don't care if you say "No johns" after, you're just using "no johns" to excuse yourself and let people know that you "didn't try". You got bodied in pools, and you know it. Don't make an excuse to let people know that you allegedly don't actually suck and then say "no excuses lawl".

But anyway, this was a really great tournament. Thanks for hosting, Oracle.

D

Deleted member

god damnit why this thread of all threads pls just stfu everyone

to calm the mood, I present coldsteel the hedgeheg:

Top Bottom