• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tourney Locator: Low Tier City 2 Results

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
Don't even ****ing go there, dude. After getting 4stocked in pools, are you seriously going to go to the smashboards thread and say you weren't trying? That's incredibly lame. I don't care if you say "No johns" after, you're just using "no johns" to excuse yourself and let people know that you "didn't try". You got bodied in pools, and you know it. Don't make an excuse to let people know that you allegedly don't actually suck and then say "no excuses lawl".

But anyway, this was a really great tournament. Thanks for hosting, Oracle.
Valid point. But I legit think I could've done much better. Not "get out of pools" better, but "learn something" better. You were absolutely right when you told me to work on my attitude. And that's what I'm gonna focus on more going forward. So lets put it to trial by fire. $5 MM, Bo3?

Scaremonger

Smash Apprentice
god damnit why this thread of all threads pls just stfu everyone
My intention wasn't to cause a big scene or something, I just think it's the dumbest thing in the world when people talk about sandbagging like that, because A) It didn't feel like he was playing worse than usual at all, B) It takes away from the legitimacy of the 4stock I earned, and C) saying "I was sandbagging" is literally the most pathetic thing ever.

But yeah, sorry if the post was a little biting, lol. Here's an apology hedgehog just 4 u.

Valid point. But I legit think I could've done much better. Not "get out of pools" better, but "learn something" better. You were absolutely right when you told me to work on my attitude. And that's what I'm gonna focus on more going forward. So lets put it to trial by fire. $5 MM, Bo3?
We'll see, but I'm always happy to take your money, Element. Dunno if I'll be at the biweekly on Saturday, but the one after that I probably will be.

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
We'll see, but I'm always happy to take your money, Element. Dunno if I'll be at the biweekly on Saturday, but the one after that I probably will be.
Yo, I wasn't trying to say you didn't earn something or anything like that. I think I made a poor choice in wording. No one likes seeing or hearing "I sandbagged".

It's hard for me to make it out to a lot of tournaments because of work and life and a bunch of BS. I'm otherwise engaged on the 5th, doing dumb pony-related stuff in Austin. But if there's no other tournaments between then and the biweekly after that, I should've have an issue going.

Chroma

Smash Apprentice
Top players from other regions being seeded like randoms
Results copypasted from challonge's results display
Johns about wobbles losing to westballz's falco because "falco/ics is unwinnable on yoshi's"
Johns about not making it out of pools
People openly admitting to sneaking their way into bracket after getting eliminated in pools

Great tournament thread to watch following a great tournament to watch.

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
Top players from other regions being seeded like randoms
Results copypasted from challonge's results display
Johns about wobbles losing to westballz's falco because "falco/ics is unwinnable on yoshi's"
Johns about not making it out of pools
People openly admitting to sneaking their way into bracket after getting eliminated in pools

Great tournament thread to watch following a great tournament to watch.
if you're referring to westballz in the melee bracket it's bc he ****ed around day 1 and got 2nd seed

D

Deleted member

(Content Deleted)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Aliami I told you specifically I didnt want you to enter the bracket. I know bwett was running the tournament sincr I was playing at the time but I dont appreciate being ignored and disrespected like that.
Sorry to get back onto this subject after we dropped it but I want to clear a few things up. You told me to talk to Bwett and I did. He was the one that put me into bracket. I didn't ignore you and I did exactly what you said. Anyway, early on I accepted that I wasn't going to be in bracket and wanted to play friendlies. I got pulled from those to play Westballz in bracket which was a quick 2-0 but I didn't mind that. I was actually really surprised when my match was called, lol. Ultimately what it comes down to is that I didn't care if I made it into bracket or not; I just wanted to play this amazing game.

Woah now gentlemen! I was not sandbagging Aliami at all: we did a bunch of friendlies either Saturday or Sunday and I was doing good enough with Fox (I won most of our friendlies with only Fox, not that I take those kind of matches to mean a whole lot in general, but it's all I had to work with) that I was decently confident in doing it again if we had to meet. Going Fox was not sandbagging him, but respecting him enough to go with my guts that I thought Fox was my best option. He played better than our friendlies + got more wobbles off, I played a bit worse. He won the match, and that's all there is to it from my point of view.
You played really well in those matches, and I'm really happy I got to meet you and got to practice with you in friendlies. GGs dude!

...he thought you were bad then be my guest..
Dude, don't speak for DMG. He was one of the nicest guys I've met in the competitive community. Speak for yourself and don't push your god damn voice into other people's mouths.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle

Smash Master
Aliami, after I told you to talk to bwett, I told you I had changed my mind and that you were not allowed in bracket. From there you went to bwett and lied to him by saying I had ok'ed it, which did not happen. Please dont try to prolong this or get out of it; you did something scummy so just apologize and we can move on.

Psyvern

Smash Rookie
Aliami you've been doing scummy things community for far too long from ruining facebook threads, too interrupting matches with you're immature and inappropriately timed cheering, too flat out disobeying a T.O. and then lying about what he said. The majority of people in the DFW smash scene have been looking for a reason to ban you from tournaments in the area and the facebook group and you just keep giving them more and more reasons. If I were you I would watch how I act because pretty soon you might not be a part of this community.

D

Deleted member

Aliami, after I told you to talk to bwett, I told you I had changed my mind and that you were not allowed in bracket. From there you went to bwett and lied to him by saying I had ok'ed it, which did not happen. Please dont try to prolong this or get out of it; you did something scummy so just apologize and we can move on.
If I lied to him, I'm sorry I did so and I didn't mean to screw anything up. I don't want to call shots at you so please don't take them this way, but you really should have just kicked me from bracket when you got the chance. I would have understood completely. If it makes you ease up, go ahead and knock me out of the results thread and give other people the upperhand.

Aliami you've been doing scummy things community for far too long from ruining facebook threads, too interrupting matches with you're immature and inappropriately timed cheering, too flat out disobeying a T.O. and then lying about what he said. The majority of people in the DFW smash scene have been looking for a reason to ban you from tournaments in the area and the facebook group and you just keep giving them more and more reasons. If I were you I would watch how I act because pretty soon you might not be a part of this community.
>Ruining Facebook Threads
I realize I've ****ed up and messed up threads in the past but that's mainly due to the amount of flack you throw at me. I'm not the only one in the wrong. I can jump onto a thread and express my opinion, and wither you agree with it or not doesn't matter. Sparking up conversation is good, but when you immediately shoot it down that's just being aggro.
I've tried to refresh myself in the community - As Mint Alicarth - New name, new skin -and you just **** on me more. The whole work around helped my mind set so much and you never even let it bloom. You haven't given me an ounce of respect even though I've given you as much as I can.

>Immature and Inappropriately Timed Cheering
Maybe some of the cheers I've done are bad, but let's think about this for a moment. What's worse, the 'Roy's Our Boy' chants at DIME's Winners Finals with Sethlon and Arc or the 'Fat Mango'/'Dickbutt'/the like chants at LTC2 that some people in the back started? How is referencing the game - Melee - and directly copying a line for the crowd to build hype in the could immature, and how could it ever be inappropriately timed when Sethlon is on yoshi's beating the crap out of people with Roy?

>Disobeying a TO
I'm going to say this one more time. I didn't disobey Oracle, or at least I didn't mean to. It was indirect and I take it as miscommunication. I hope that this can be resolved.

D

Deleted member

I'd suggest we'd move on, after all this is the Low Tier City 2 results thread, not The Maury Povich Show featuring Cole and Aliami.

D

Deleted member

man, another poopy thread cause of a certain someone? I guess coldsteel wasn't enough

I present Charizard the hedgehodge

D

Deleted member

hi every1 im new!!!!!!! holds up spork my name is katy but u can call me t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m!!!!!!!! lol...as u can see im very random!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meet random ppl like me ^^... im 13 years old (im mature 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 watch invader zim w/ my girlfreind (im bi if u dont like it deal w/it) its our favorite tv show!!! bcuz its SOOOO random!!!! shes random 2 of course but i want 2 meet more random ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol...neways i hope 2 make alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!! DOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <--- me bein random again ^^ hehe...toodles!!!!! love and waffles, ~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~

Psyvern

Smash Rookie
The thread thing isn't about me disagreeing with your opinions its about you posting information that isn't related to smash. If you want respect try and earn it first before acting blaming other people for your mistakes. It also doesn't matter what the stupid cheers were its the fact that people several times in the past have told you to stop and you don't do so. Also how do you even have miscommunication over someone saying no? Stop making excuses for yourself and just accept when you're in the wrong.

Unidex

Smash Rookie
Way to show the maturity of the scene guys. Nothing like a flame war about facebook comments to accomplish that! I also love the subtle irony Psyvern slipped into his messages about how Aliami makes unrelated posts/comments on facebook in a thread about LTC2, for a second I thought he was just a massive hypocrite!

Guess there's nothing to talk about from a tournament featuring a great run from our local Yoshi main Hamyojo, or Westballz taking Wobbles out in Loser's, or M2K dominating singles, or an ill-fated crew battle vs the world.

Yea nothing good there, feel free to continue whining

skwaag5233

Smash Cadet
Guess there's nothing to talk about from a tournament featuring a great run from our local Yoshi main Hamyojo, or Westballz taking Wobbles out in Loser's, or M2K dominating singles, or an ill-fated crew battle vs the world.
You forgot Jake takes the cake!

Last edited:
Top Bottom