• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament Losses by our ROBs

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
do Doubles Count?

If So, A Metaknight (selendrile) And I (a R.o.b.) Lost Twice To A Marth And A Pit (the Same Team, P_noy And Lhg).

The Singles Tournament Doesn't Count Since I Left Early Due To Subway Poisoning, Hehehe.
No Johns .

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
What johns? I played one game and then left because I wasn't feeling well. o_O

Y'know, I really dislike this whole "no johns" phenomenon, since all it promotes is rampant pointing out of weaknesses where they don't exist.

TeeVee

Smash Lord

Y'know, I really dislike this whole "no johns" phenomenon, since all it promotes is rampant pointing out of weaknesses where they don't exist.
No johns .

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7

QUOTED FOR FECKING TRUTH! This has gotten out of hand. When I play someone and lose, say in a ROB ditto... I'll say good game, and then comment;

ME: "Man, i need to work on my dittos, its kinda weird... playing, yourself."
THEM: "NO JOHNS!"

WTFRUS? How is ADMITTING that a part of your game needs work, making an excuse? I thought that was the whole purpose behind trying to get better. How can you get better, if you don't admit your own shortcoming?

Another dumb *** example:

ME: "Wow, I don't normally play a lot of *insert character here* as good as yours. I definately am gonna have to practice with some really good *re-insert character here* players so I can be ready nect time"

OPPONENT: No Johns

Anyway, sorry for being horribly off topic, but I'm glad Dragz feels similarly.

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord
QUOTED FOR FECKING TRUTH! This has gotten out of hand. When I play someone and lose, say in a ROB ditto... I'll say good game, and then comment;

ME: "Man, i need to work on my dittos, its kinda weird... playing, yourself."
THEM: "NO JOHNS!"

WTFRUS? How is ADMITTING that a part of your game needs work, making an excuse? I thought that was the whole purpose behind trying to get better. How can you get better, if you don't admit your own shortcoming?

Another dumb *** example:

ME: "Wow, I don't normally play a lot of *insert character here* as good as yours. I definately am gonna have to practice with some really good *re-insert character here* players so I can be ready nect time"

OPPONENT: No Johns

Anyway, sorry for being horribly off topic, but I'm glad Dragz feels similarly.
None of your johns are valid here dull / dragz xD . I must admit that **** gets annoying real fast after a 12 hour tournament -_-.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Well...Isn't the concept of a john to make an excuse for not playing well?

It's not like I won't admit I didn't play well. It's just that I didn't really play very much at all, so I didn't think it was valid as a tournament result considering I didn't even play a second match.

And I don't think admitting that you're lacking in one area or another really counts as a john either. That's just being honest that you didn't know something your opponent dished out at you and it's completely on your end for not having learned about it before.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I put him in losers you mean. He pretty much gave that match to me because he played Kirby for some reason, and I have enough experience against Chu that I can pretty much **** other Kirbys now. In the 2nd set he played his main, DDD, and it was just too fast for me. Nothing beats that stupid bair. I CPed Rainbow Cruise and he infinited me on the ship twice :ohwell:

On a side note, M2K was in my pool, and his DDD was a lot easier than Atomsk's. It was a real close match and I was leading for the first 2 stocks, but I squandered in the end. It's too bad, I really wanted to be able to say I beat M2K in a tourney match.

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord
lol RC is an awful CP against D3 . You should have camped on the ledges of FD/BF thats what i do . Get them close with your camping and then bair / bthrow them off the edge and repeat . Aslong as you avoid the middle (Chaingrab) you should be fine .

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Eh I wasn't gonna win anyway, I have like no experience against DDDs because there aren't really any in MD.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
at MP Jubilee in North Carolina yesterday:

Wario (Dama) <----@_@ I did NOT know what to do...he trounced me in a money match the day before, too ;____; I'll have horrible vids soon ^_^

ROB (Karn)...................omg. Once you'll see the video of the second match [out of 3], you'll see what happened to me and my soul :( :( :(

in teams, me and Black G (MK) lost to Chudat (Kirby) and Chillin (DDD/Snake) in winners bracket and then in losers finals. We would be doing fine with me going after Chillin and BlackG taking on Chu...but then Chu would see the match not going too well and he'll be like "no no no I got toasty I got toasty" and...well.........

it didn't go well >_>

at one point I got 0-31death just because I made a HOOOORRIBLE decision with edgeguarding and he just kept doing dair and I was too frazzled to upB under the stage to the other side

a note on Kirby: even the top of Kirby's "head" will spike you if he's doing his dair. wtf@ROB's fat *** getting gimped like that x_X

lord karn

Smash Master
At MP Jubilee:

Chillin (DDD) in winners bracket.
L0ZR (Wario) in losers bracket. I usually beat this guy, but I got demoralized because someone took the brawl disk out of the wii while we were playing and I lost my momentum.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It was in PA, not too far, but far enough from MD/VA that it was only NJ/PA people and I could get 4th.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Eh not really. Atomsk is supposed to be one of NJ's top players, and there are at least a dozen MD/VA smashers who can wreck me harder than he did. It was the easiest Brawl tourney I've ever been to. Even the tiny MD/VA tournies that hardly anyone goes to have more talent than that one did.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
at MP Jubilee in North Carolina yesterday:

Wario (Dama) <----@_@ I did NOT know what to do...he trounced me in a money match the day before, too ;____; I'll have horrible vids soon ^_^

ROB (Karn)...................omg. Once you'll see the video of the second match [out of 3], you'll see what happened to me and my soul :( :( :(

in teams, me and Black G (MK) lost to Chudat (Kirby) and Chillin (DDD/Snake) in winners bracket and then in losers finals. We would be doing fine with me going after Chillin and BlackG taking on Chu...but then Chu would see the match not going too well and he'll be like "no no no I got toasty I got toasty" and...well.........

it didn't go well >_>

at one point I got 0-31death just because I made a HOOOORRIBLE decision with edgeguarding and he just kept doing dair and I was too frazzled to upB under the stage to the other side

a note on Kirby: even the top of Kirby's "head" will spike you if he's doing his dair. wtf@ROB's fat *** getting gimped like that x_X
just watch til the last minute...
toasty Vs. Lord Karn (Rounds 1 and 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IiSlE-Xmus

This is what a sad Robot looks like:
Round 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RquPariu5K4

the teams matches versus Chudat and Chillin I mentioned:
Winners Bracket
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITJv4Dkl29M

Losers Finals:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1-3FTh17a8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRYLOKVBPio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1-3FTh17a8
10toastytoastssighing

toasty

Smash Hero
smallllll *** tourney but the #1 guy locally and some of the other top 10 were there and I lost to that #1 guy, Kadaj (Marth) in the winners bracket and then in Grand Finals [I happened to win the first set...but...note the wording... >_>]
so two sets lost to Marth, but it was the same Marth twice...

TeeVee

Smash Lord
I got 2nd in a tourny today

Lucario x1 (first round >_>)
Rob x1 (Noodles is too good)

Good thing is, there were 2 robs in teh grand finals ; me and noodles.

toasty

Smash Hero
ugh yesterday was rough. After getting second in teams to G-Reg and Hova [vids will be up soon], I ended up losing 1st round in singles to a Fox [he used Wario/ICs last time we played and I've never played a good Fox...and he was good.] And then after FINALLY beating Whodat's Olimar [period, not even in friendly sets!!!], I was elated and then lost to his not-so-great roommate The Hanged Man (DDD)

so.

1 set: Fox [last stock of the last match was me getting usmashed at 50+ from the swinging platform of Rainbow Cruise, his CP, and hitting the blocks...and getting stage spiked from THERE. He ***** me the first match though]

1 set: DDD
>_> it happens :(

toasty

Smash Hero
lmao...dammit Karn. Yesterday I asked DragonCharlz [a ROB player..and Whodat's crewmate/teams partner] how to beat Whodat's Olimar and he was like "look....all you have to do is this..*leans in*..just take all of his lives"

D: good thing I won [not so good that his kinda scrubby teammate beat me after that :(]

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
7th place at Axis
Lost to
G&W (RiPn)
MK (Plank)

The only competition I had for top 4 would been Plank, Aero, DSF, and Futile
Everyone else I coulda beat though =[
Oh well still was the highest ranking ROB player =]

Top Bottom