• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Touhou Mafia~ The Girls' Have Been Robbed - Independent Marker Victory

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
To all of that: That's fair and completely valid.

I can understand where you're coming from if rage is being pent up and released on this ****ty game played by ****ty townies.

I can understand your automatic belief that scum have the option not to kill. I had the policy lynch of armor based on play from AiB.

I can understanding the absolute lack of fear in making mistakes, as I have no qualms about it myself. I also encourage others to make mistakes as long as they learn from them (especially if they have a history of ****ing up in huge ways, like Soup's starting to garner).

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I want to hear Ryker's thoughts on the balance of the indies, like which one was hardest to win with etc.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Mine.

However, if I had had Mentos' role I probably would have beasted. Despite me needing to mark everyone I pretty much led the lynches I wanted the majority of the time meaning if I had been a warlock I would have won so much sooner.

Lovably Adorable Kanine

Red Ryu|John2k4
Also I feel its your destiny to make it to lylo and then lose it or something.

A general rule of thumb should be if you're alive in lylo you should completely re-evaluate your scum picks because scum probably have you there for a reason...lol
Yeah I did that once and lost. : [

It's hard to tell if you are there for a reason or if you are there because the scum had to nk the pr's over you.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
so mad
Kuz, read my QT. =/

I'd have been wrong anyway. It really looked like Asdioh was scum, I'd have gone that way in the end. I only thought Kuz was town because of the two indy flips, but Zen legit had me fooled by inactivity and VT claim alone. So there's definitely truth to me not playing as I should be. I didn't flavour hunt but I certainly wasn't at the top of my game either.

Congrats, Kuz. Good win.

:phone:

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Seph in qt said:
But out of all that I have read, (which isn't very much) I've got a Sold Indy read. I don't know why, but it's just his tone of trying to hard to survive and being careful of what he says that give me this vibe. I'm sorry if I'm completely wrong, and as I stated before, I haven't read much at all so I'm sorry if I'm not much help.
Good stuff

thx nabe

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Man nabe. Still had suspicion of me like every post in there despite the clear and the indy flips. Good read.

Glad I had enough foresight to claim something that made sense setup wise, because I knew you'd be checking me for that haha.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H91rPIq2mN4

edit:
I'd have gone that way in the end.
bs, I would have convinced you otherwise. I know you're a smart player, you would have seen how Zen's extreme nonpresence + my careless playstyle = me town, zen scum

edit2:
swiss in QT said:
We're not surviving to D3, and we probably shouldn't try to. I'm not risking us plunging town into LyLo or a loss by dying at a bad time. We need to destroy early, or make sure we NEVER die. The latter is bad form.
UGHHHH lol

edit3: that was an interesting QT. pretty good reads. Wish Swiss didn't replace out/seph had been more active and forceful :(

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah I was supposed to co-host more but I told Ryker in advance that my own games take top-priority and I had to host Ducktales and work on my Adventure Game. I co-designed the game and both Ryker and we were fully aware that some of these roles were shaky as hell - which is why we decided to make it private in the end.

Town being weak this game is no secret - mafia kills were done by the SK and some of the lynches were really unnecessary. What in gog's name were you thinking when you jumped on smarg like braindead tools? She was so not scummy and OS' case was sooooooooooo bad, I cringed when people suddenly decided that she had to be scum especially with a POWERFUL und easily confirmable role claim. That was really freaking dumb.
The mason imo should've been on the forefront a lot more - at least on of the mason partners but I feel neither successfully managed to make themselves a factor in this game. The same applies to Nix who as town BP really should've gone out instead of doing his typical semi-scummy lurking thingy. Not cool.

I hope some people learned their lesson on when to trust and listen to people and to NEVER take *any* result at face value.

Kuz' MvP award is more acceptable in my eyes than all the ones he got so far. If he had an MvP performance then this game should be it.

:059:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
What in gog's name were you thinking when you jumped on smarg like braindead tools? She was so not scummy and OS' case was sooooooooooo bad, I cringed when people suddenly decided that she had to be scum especially with a POWERFUL und easily confirmable role claim. That was really freaking dumb.
*bows*

When you aren't worrying about surviving for another phase, it's pretty interesting what can be accomplished.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. A lot of the time people just go for any lynch just because they aren't lynched themselves.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. A lot of the time people just go for any lynch just because they aren't lynched themselves.

My biggest complaint with town is how easily they let immediate circumstances dictate their actions.

Nix said:
You have information....why in the world are you waiting until day 2? You said it yourself there's no guarantee that you will live until Day 2...wait, let me refresh your memory....
OS said:
I have reads. Reads and information are different, and I don't intend to spoil your dinner.
I was attacked for this stuff all game, and it was a perfectly legitimate thing for me to do. You guys made it sooooooooooooooooooooo easy to waste time. Read the quick topic and half the early posts are me giggling about how much time is wasted.

Hypothetical scenario, town.

Let's say your Dad is getting you a christmas present and you want to know what it is. You're sure it's either a bike or a video game.

If he walks in and says "I got your Christmas present today", saying "What is it tell me tell me tell me" won't help you. Ever. He's trolling you by saying "I know what your present is and you do not".

The CORRECT way to get information from him is to look him in the eyes and say "Is it a bike?" and gauge his reaction to determine what your present most likely is.

All I had to do to not say anything all day and not be pressured all day was say "I have stuff I'm going to say toMorrow". For the rest of the Day, any interactions with me were a bunch of people saying "come on, tell us! I'm sure it'll be cool!" and me just saying "Nope!"

If it's not enough to lynch someone for, it's not enough to focus on someone for. Change lanes when stuff like that happens. I had zero legitimacy on D1, and the pressure for me to "post the content" I had claimed to have on D2 allowed me to make a few big posts on D2 and suddenly I'm a trustworthy fella. That's ********.

Side note, this is my favorite post ever:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12606676&postcount=750

OS in QT said:
I still don't understand why people can read my posts, react in an obvious way, and not assume that's what I was planning from the getgo.
Seriously.

OS in QT said:
It's funny, beacuse if someone just suddenly daykilled me not a single person would realize "oh, none of the scum are posting today" and OS was a deliberate lightning rod.

OS in QT said:
The setup shouldn't be too hard. This'll be an avalanche game, just stay out of the way of the avalanche and town will cannibalize itself.
Night actions were much better than Town's Day actions, that's for sure.

Rockin said:
OS - why the hell was you buddying me/trying to make me look good? XD
Because I was planning on dying soon, and you would be easy enough to use as a pawn if I stumped. You make so few posts and are such an easy target for noob town that I could basically use any post you make as a point of attack against someone else late game, and it'd appear to come from both of us. But more the "I was planning to die" thing, and you already had attention on you.

OS in QT said:
A Rockin lynch would be helpful to us, but I'd rather him stay around for manipulation purposes. He's gonna be my stump partner later in the game if he stays alive :B
It worked, too, kinda. You can see that most people only talked about the people I had already set up for them to talk about; no discussion about my scummates all day. This worked for waaaaaaaay longer than it should have. Nothing but Mentos and Rockin discussion until D4 XD

Kuz at start of D2 said:
And by multiple people insisting do you mean Overswarm? There was a pretty big following for the Rockin wagon until OS stepped in and told everyone to back the **** off.
@ mod

OS in QT said:
While chaotic stuff like me being NKilled or investigated can happen, eh. We can't stop that and I'm not about to stump on fear. Plus, if I die everyone will get a lot of really stupid and fake information because I barely talked about you and haven't mentioned Zen or Joey... or a lot of others.
This is why I didn't stump, if I hadn't answered that yet. Not enough scum members for me to be worthwhile. If I was a BP Treestump it'd work, but other than that? Not really possible to prevent Night Actions. Optimal play says "play crazy until you need to stump during the Day" and just ignore Night Action possibilities, while planning on leaving a few false leads if you do die via NA.

After Gord died immediately (fuuuuuuuuck) the game was basically over; my plan would still work for a few phases, but it couldn't win us the game. Zen's epic play almost brought us in, but that was more to town being bad rather than Zen being a savant.

Scum 101:

OS said:
Talkers:
7.) Rockin (when prompted, easy enough)
9.) Asdioh
10.) Nabe
13.) Th3Kuzinator
16.) J

Fake Talkers:
8.) Swiss
17.) Gova

Quiet:
2.) Sold2
5.) Nix2100
11.) JTB
15.) Mentosman8

Other / Unknown:
3.) WashedLaundry
12.) Smargaret
18.) Soupamario

Talkers can be lead. Fake Talkers can be ignored. Quiet players can be ignored by bringing up some other subject; those players in the quiet category are most powerful when town doesn't seem to have a purpose. If those people will do anything, it'll probably be immediately after a lynch or after a day starts (or potentially a tree stump moment).

Don't bus, we don't know the numbers of the game yet. Don't even bring attention to each other.

The level of skill in this game is pretty low. No one here other than me, Rockin, Nabe, and sometimes Swiss when he's being active can really be considered a "planner" or have an attention span long enough to pick out things from a previous Day phase on a whim. We won't be surprised by anything.

If scum flips, there's gonna be about two people who want to kill the person they are closest to, and won't base it off anything else. Town will take things at face value with minimal pushing, so we don't need to use all our muscle and we don't need to condemn one another. Stay off each other's backs, at least early on. Consider anyone questioning you about a scummate as if they will do whatever you say, so if someone says "do you think gordito is scummy" your answer isn't even "no". It's completely ignoring that question until it is no longer relevant or a more vague-sounding answer like "not really, he hasn't done too much that has really caught my attention". Anything that people can't skim and catch as a "stance".

Assuming night actions don't kill us and we don't have a strong indie [ :( ]this shouldn't be a hard game to play.
I think the majority of the above held true for most of this game, from what I read. It was all kneejerk reactions, every day was nearly a fresh slate. How kuz survived after his flip flopping and claim I will never know.

This was rambly and I'm sleepy from seeing HPotter at midnight so I don't know if any of this made sense

but in the future

if someone isn't giving you information

don't say "give us information"

ask them a specific question

and garrote them if they don't answer specifically

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I also couldn't wait to go back to this. I think this was one of the keys to pointing out Zen as scum.... because Zen had done so little in this game that it was hard to find anything else. The other night when I couldn't sleep, I reread the whole thread just by doing Control+F for Zen's name and looking at his posts and peoples' interactions. Most of D1 was just inactivity johns, which I assume were legit, but still it didn't give much to go off of. Then he claims "only VT" out of NOWHERE, which I found horrible at the time, as you saw by my strongly voiced dissent. Then OS kind of chides me for it, which Zen pointed out as "scum thinking his buddy came off as scummy" but what made more sense to me:
-scum claims their safeclaim (which, if it were there real claim, is very antitown)
-a townie expresses strong dislike of that claim
-scumbuddy comes in to quell the townie's dislike

Wish I had looked into that more then, instead of this late in the game :/

Anyway, well played Zen and Kuz.
Yeah when I was looking through d1 I knew that would come up in anyone's reread so I tried to point it out first as you two being buddies.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Asdioh I really liked your play for a lot of the game. I wanted to Night kill you and Kooz really bad which explains a lot of the NKs. Though at one point I felt keeping you around would be good since you had meta on me playing inactively and non-caring. And I figured you wouldn't take that as a scum tell. I had trouble killing who I wanted to because Laundry kept Jailing the good targets, and I couldn't roleblock anyone else until Sold was dead since he had already killed two of my partners... Why I didn't Night Kill Sold? I don't remember. Probably to keep more scumminess in the game. Asdioh, one thing I'd recommend for you is to be more confident and pressing with your reads. You have good reads, but you get all Wiffomy with them and overanalyze. You should also ask more questions towards those you think are scum (rather than yourself) to get to the bottom of their motivation. But yeah, I liked your town play the most this game. Laundry you did well too. You jailed all the right people. I could never tell which way you were going to go until Kooz started directing you. Good game to you.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Yeh, Zen, you struggled a lot. You really shouldn't have let me get away with the jailer claim for so long. You definitely should've removed me as soon as possible, and you delayed that to the end of the game. You probably would've made it go a lot faster.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
But hey, if I did then there would have been nothing to put Asdioh against since he was jailed when the kills weren't happening, but yeah killing you would have been better still.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I wonder if my roleblock on Asdioh actually went through. Meaning his traps didn't set. We could roleblock him again and kill JTB while Soup targets Nix. We just gotta keep AA alive.
oh man my bluff would have worked better than i realized, i didn't know you roleblocked me on the night i sent in no action xD
if only i had protected JTB the next night :(

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I disagree with your bluff Asdioh, but your play this game was pretty solid. I was impressed.

You should /in Time Travellers :B

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm already /in time travellers with X1!

He's going to teach me how to scumhunt more efficiently, I hope! If we get town, that is.

But yeah, the thing about that bluff is that I said it aloud in the thread... why would I ever let scum know I set a trap on someone? haha

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'm glad my scum read on OS was correct, I didn't like how he pushed for smarg/soup lynch d2/d3. I tracked him N3, but we both died lol

Tracked Nabe N1, got at home, tracked Soup N2, confirmed whatever his role was. I was pretty mad when Rockin quick lynched him though because I had no chance to defend him at all.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
lol normally I'd have little to no trouble looking back at previous days and seeing if I can connect the dots. However, each day that passed...I look back at some and I could hardly find connections cause reads were all over the place. There didn't seem to be a pattern. Just contradictions. But eh, good job none the less OS lol

Top Bottom