• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Touhou Hisoutensoku Thread

Dango

Smash Rookie
i am incredibly jealous of your username

youmu's bnb, obvious card choices etc is easy to list, but using cover fire B bullets and knowing when to get in etc takes some experience to get down

even the timing of 236 needs a bit of practice, especially in delay
And this is why offlinesoku > onlinesoku.

Uhh, not really though. Youmu's B bullet cover is really basic because thats enough of the support she needs for a stupid j.A eblow (yes, i prefer spelling it eblow, screw that elbow) to gain a bit of advantage. I dunno though, 236 inputs are stupidly easy for me. The only thing that troubles me in delay is the TK strings and combos (ie: AAAA 236C hjc TK j.A j.2A 623C) or blockstrings (ie: AA 2A 3A 236C hjc TK j.6A continue string/<>236C hjc TK j.2A 2A f5A etc) But shes really flowcharty. Thats about it.

And thanks, i love this username and iirc, i registered a long time ago but just never went on.

Dango

Smash Rookie

Are you who I think you are?
From #hisouten?

And yes Domination Dash is horribad in higher level play but it'll beat any patchy in here.
Who else mains suwako and cirno, and plays high level hes so ten so cool by the name of Dango? lol. I'm assuming you're Moth over there? All hail delay Komachi dood from EST.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
how does one get good at soku

just play a bunch?

there are ok players in australia i can play with (and basically lose to every time)
Well the way it worked for me is I just went to a certain IRC channel and played my *** off and lost most of the matches. When I took a break because I finally got fed up I realized I kicked the *** of pretty much anyone who wasn't in that channel.

You could try the soku lobby.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
2) Aya vs Patchi is actually in Patchi's favor. And NO, do not run Domination dash against a patchi. That's like asking for death. In fact, aya doesnt even need domination dash; just triangle graze to your life, scout the punishment and you're all good. If you wanna maximize damage/it's your style to run domination dash, by all means sure, but it's not even considered a viable counter vs a Patchi. If anything, your best bet is to graze all day and wait for j.A openings or attempt to catch them via long pokes such as alt 236 tornado.
That's so boring, though! D:

3) Utsuho vs Patchi is the most boring kind of match you'll find lol. Defensive vs Defensive = Turtle/stay away all day ee'rday.
That too! D:

But okay, if it has to be done, it has to be done.

Dango

Smash Rookie
Take your Aya and go jump off a cliff. Ten bucks says you can't do it.

Also, looking for anyone who wants to play.
Pssh, im sure i can take you off the cliff with my aya.
Anyways, if you wanna join, i might as well be hosting here: Deleted yo
Join if you want

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
And then I was unable to play. Sad day. You're on Lobby though? I'll catch you tomorrow or late tonight if you're around.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Alright, gotta go for now. I'll play you again later. That was fun. God knows I've never played a half decent Suwako before. :B

Dango

Smash Rookie
You g2g i assume? Good games :p
Kinda began autopilotting towards the end anyways *shot*
Derp, well my wako is Lunatic ranked in Japan (2132 via tenco!) so yeah.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm a bit confused trying at downloading this. In the guide you linked, the step said to put the score.dat file in the SWR folder but there is no score.dat file to replace... and um.. I dunno i think I might be doing something wrong.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
There's no score.dat if you haven't opened the game once yet.

That's just the file that stores save data (ex. Memory card). Just put the score.dat in the folder.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
sweet its working now and I have everyone unlocked! :D I'll shall practice this a game a bit and see if I can get the hang of it now.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
*downloads files onto a memory stick*

*inserts memory stick in college computer lab*

*d3dx9_33.dll is missing pops up after clicking th123.exe*

*realizes none of the computers have direct 9 X*

*rage induced*

speaking of which.. I decided to use Konpaku Youmu.. I don't know anything competitively I'm just picking her cause she has a sword... and I do like her song too

Dango

Smash Rookie
Ussi said:
speaking of which.. I decided to use Konpaku Youmu.. I don't know anything competitively I'm just picking her cause she has a sword... and I do like her song too
And thus the reason why 99% of the people pick her :p
Anyways, have fun. After you get comfortable with it, try playing netplay more than AIs because usually a Luantic AI = a VE (very easy mode) player via ladder rankings. So yeah. It's MUUCH different online.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Interesting enough I actually found friends who play this game (dunno if they do ladder rankings xD) but yea gonna have some fun with this game.

And swords is just about the reason why I use anyone in a fighting game..

i feel like spell cards are gonna be hard to learn the concept though

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Spell cards are a simple concept, you just have to learn to pay a bit more attention to your's and your opponents than you do to a super meter.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Is there any preference in selecting a spell deck? (kinda wondering if there is a specific one i should get used too or if any work) I might not play competitive, but i'd like to at least know what works best..

I'll probably try asking about spell cards once I grasp moving around + using basic attacks >_>;;

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Decks are your own customization. There are a general number of cards you'd usually want to have though. But it all depends on your own playstyle and if your card benefits you.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
well.. now how do I decide what super (>.> dunno what its called) i do? I noticed when i pressed "d" i would do a mix of level 1 (using one bar from what I saw), level 3 (3 bars) and leveling up spell cards :s

Dango

Smash Rookie
blue and green sword are good and easy to lead into
All of her cards are, really.

Here's some ideas you can use:
2 card runpast/5card runpast-
AAAA (delay) SC | CH j.A SC. | 3A (214C 214B delay) SC

2card split/5 card split, just use it when you have advantage in pressure or something. No need to combo if you can stagger cuz it gets pretty ********.

3card green sword
Almost any hitconfirm leads into this

3card Cherry Runpast -> Best used if caught in a C bullet. Otherwise, not that easy.

3card red sword reversal -> One of her weakest spellcards (Usually better running 4card reversal). Not a good way to maximize damage, and quite punishable per bait.

4 card Cherry Blossom Reversal -> Reversal. That is all

4card Blue sword -> Any hitconfirm that leads with green sword, plus another character specific maximizing damage combo: AAA 6A 623C SC

5card counter - I use this counter-react to hangekis
You can make your own use of it though.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
flying around is so fun! I just love how much movement i have for a fighter o.o, its like i'm almost playing smash brothers except its like other fighters..

Dango

Smash Rookie
Once you play actual fighters (MBAC, BB, GG, SF, Soku, VP, Ougon, etc), you'll find out that smash isn't really a "fighter" game, mostly because it lacks about 90% of the strategy/tactics/technicalities involved in a fighter (ie: crossups, wrongblock/GC, Chip Damage, Blockstrings, arc inputs, TK, DP, juggles, resets, etc). I personally still think smash is a party game series, but THATS besides the point :p

Yeah, soku's a pretty air/bullet heavy fighter, mostly because they allow grazing to a horrendously good extent (such examples like triangle grazing). I should play you sometime..

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
by smash brothers, i mean i can be in the air and go in whatever direction i want for a loooooong time. Though i guess yea >_> its not even like smash.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Once you play actual fighters (MBAC, BB, GG, SF, Soku, VP, Ougon, etc), you'll find out that smash isn't really a "fighter" game, mostly because it lacks about 90% of the strategy/tactics/technicalities involved in a fighter (ie: crossups, wrongblock/GC, Chip Damage, Blockstrings, arc inputs, TK, DP, juggles, resets, etc). I personally still think smash is a party game series, but THATS besides the point :p
I disagree. One, blockstrings and resets do exist, especially in melee. Two, DPs do exist, especially in Brawl. Three, juggling is kinda extremely important in smash.

Arc inputs have nothing to do with a game being a fighting game.

Shield break and guard crush are the same end.

The strategies are actually much closer than you are giving it credit. You bait the opponent into doing something punishable and you punish it to the maximum extent.

I categorize it as a fighting game and things I learn from Smash transfer over to BB, MvC, SF, and Soku and vice versa.

I also happen to enjoy the topic.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
It's really surprising how much of the soku community plays smash. Or played as the case seems to be. ZomB being a prime example.

Top Bottom