• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Touhou Hisoutensoku Thread

asianaussie

Smash Hero
stop copying my mains

when i first got this game i did 5AA 4B 6C 236C so many times that i occasionally try to do the same when playing melty

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Play Moth or sometimes me. This game really isn't about runaway. It's just that at the mid-low level we're at runaway is so much easier than rushdown.

Also I've started to really get into Tenshi to match my Iku. Fun character.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
The neutral game in touhou is really powerful. There isn't that much rushdown in this game anyway because of rolling and BE.

When a high level jp match takes like 6+ minutes to go through, I just don't watch it `-`.

I used to play suika, but now I hate playing her because of the fact she's way more about throwing stuff on the screen than pressure.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Play Moth or sometimes me. This game really isn't about runaway. It's just that at the mid-low level we're at runaway is so much easier than rushdown.

Also I've started to really get into Tenshi to match my Iku. Fun character.
Agreed, Touhou is not about runaway.

Most of the characters are extremely melee-oriented.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
the one smash player i ever played immediately picked komachi and used j2a a ridiculous amount to make my youmu sad

then i picked patch and out-melee'd her lol

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i need a random character to play

somebody give me a suggestion, ill exclusively play them for a month or so

not patch or yuyu, already dabble in remilia, marisa, youmu and sakuya (and sorta komachi and reimu, if you count overusing alt 22 landmines as 'dabbling)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Tenshi is pretty fun... if you like to spam keystones. =3 still doesn't know how to port forward

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Play Aya like a man.
Then cry in a very manly way when you can't do anything against Patchouli without taking double the damage you just dealt after doing a long combo (unless you spam Tengu Pebbles, apparently).

Realized the other day that I have one character that does decent against Patchouli (Remilia) and I'm really bad with her because her movement's so weird. :<

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Lol oh man Aya.

Work so hard just to get the same damage that can be done off a dial A from most other characters \o/.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Play Aya like a man.
Then cry in a very manly way when you can't do anything against Patchouli without taking double the damage you just dealt after doing a long combo (unless you spam Tengu Pebbles, apparently).

Realized the other day that I have one character that does decent against Patchouli (Remilia) and I'm really bad with her because her movement's so weird. :<
Remilia and Sakuya do fine. Yukari flat out beats her. Yuyuko is better than her. I want to say Youmu, but don't quote me on that. Then there's a bunch that go about even.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I plaaaaaay... Aya, Utsuho, Suwako, and Remilia (organized in order of general ability to use the character).
Meiling also feels natural, but I haven't invested any time in her because she isn't all that interesting.
Any of those go even (excluding Remilia)?

I really don't like Sakuya or Yuyuko, and I'm really bad with Yukari and Youmu.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I don't think any of those characters goes even with Patch. Aya probably has the best chance.

I think Marisa is pretty even against Patch and isn't too hard to pick up.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
My oh my. I always thought that Aya-Patchy was a lot more work than Okuu-Patchy.
Maybe I'm just playing it wrong?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm willing to bet Suwako's match-up is even or very close, but, like playing Suwako in general, you're going to be working harder than Patchy.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Anyone tried 1.10a patch? I didn't want to upgrade until the english patch for 1.10a is updated, but I heard it nerfs Monsoon.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm fairly certain that it's just some changes to network settings.

Why would Monsoon, of all things, be nerfed? Also, Moth's tried it.

In other news, does anyone want to play?

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
1.10a should just be a change to the netplay. It apparently fixes some security issues or something. And yeah it wouldn't make any sense to nerf Monsoon. Don't even know how you would change that weather.

CloverLeaf, first things first, you can't be bad with Youmu. Second, Aya should be fine vs. Patchy. Domination Dash is so good and you have good options out of dash. Don't bother with Okuu vs Patchy unless you want to play really really slowly and settle for just trading with things.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
CloverLeaf, first things first, you can't be bad with Youmu.
They also told me it was impossible to set fire to hot chocolate if you follow the directions, but I showed them!
I just have trouble adjusting to the fact that her dash is so much faster than her flight. Best not to ask.

Domination Dash, approach from the ground. Got it, thanks.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I don't care how dominating your dash is. I'm still going to win. :awesome:

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Perhaps not. If I have an option to get in, I get to work that powerful pressure game.
Also doing something about the rust before we play again.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
^
I hear Tengu Pebbles hard counter Gova.

Aya actually has some nifty options for tech chasing/okizeme.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
What a depressing era for Rachel mains. :<
Thank god for CS2!

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Honestly Aya isn't that bad. It's just that when you compare her to the upper half of the cast she's really unimpressive.

And yes Aya has a pressure game. From basically a neutral range.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
There isn't a character in the game without a pressure game, which is part of the appeal (though I will say that Cirno's range is basically inside you).

Dango

Smash Rookie
Well, anywho i thought i'd post in here. People from the soku lobby should already have seen me. Here's my info nevertheless:

Mains: Suwako (Tenco! ELO: 2132), Cirno(Tenco! ELO: 1932), Sanae
Submains: Yukari, Remilia, Youmu, Aya
I can play everyone else except Suika, Utsuho, and Meirin
Yes, i do play competitively. Catch me on soku lobby or toss me a PM sometime yo!

Aya has a pressure game? \o/.
Actually, she's extremely reliant on pressure. Playing her passively will get you screwed over pretty hard. Her blockstrings are quick staggers and quite reliant on baiting pokes and wrongblock baits

Honestly Aya isn't that bad. It's just that when you compare her to the upper half of the cast she's really unimpressive.

And yes Aya has a pressure game. From basically a neutral range.
Actually, her neutral game is one of the most disadvantageous types of neutrals, DEPENDING on the player. The only thing that lets her stay up there is because of her movement. A good aya can take advantage of her movement REALLY damn well that it forces the opponent to play safe. Cant deny that stupid j.A range of her's either.

1.10a should just be a change to the netplay. It apparently fixes some security issues or something. And yeah it wouldn't make any sense to nerf Monsoon. Don't even know how you would change that weather.
According to changelog, it only prevents certain issues where FPS of ideally 60 spikes to 60~63. Thats it.

CloverLeaf, first things first, you can't be bad with Youmu. Second, Aya should be fine vs. Patchy. Domination Dash is so good and you have good options out of dash. Don't bother with Okuu vs Patchy unless you want to play really really slowly and settle for just trading with things.
1) People CAN be bad with youmu, it's just that you can write her entire flowchart in 1 piece of paper.
j.A hitconfirm? Near Corner? j.6A/j.8A j.6C j.44/j.66 (j.A) j.6A/j.8A
Landed j.A? AAAA 214B 214C 214B
Corner dialA? -> lead with 66AA/66A 623B or whatnot
Midscreen BnB from AAAA, 3A -> 214C 214B 214C
Or near corner BnB AAA 6A 6C hjc TK j.A j.6A
Got bluesword/Green sword/Runpasts? -> AAAA Spellcard

And there you have it, Youmu's Flowchart in a nutshell

2) Aya vs Patchi is actually in Patchi's favor. And NO, do not run Domination dash against a patchi. That's like asking for death. In fact, aya doesnt even need domination dash; just triangle graze to your life, scout the punishment and you're all good. If you wanna maximize damage/it's your style to run domination dash, by all means sure, but it's not even considered a viable counter vs a Patchi. If anything, your best bet is to graze all day and wait for j.A openings or attempt to catch them via long pokes such as alt 236 tornado.
3) Utsuho vs Patchi is the most boring kind of match you'll find lol. Defensive vs Defensive = Turtle/stay away all day ee'rday.

//TheorySoku

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i am incredibly jealous of your username

youmu's bnb, obvious card choices etc is easy to list, but using cover fire B bullets and knowing when to get in etc takes some experience to get down

even the timing of 236 needs a bit of practice, especially in delay

Top Bottom