• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Touhou Hisoutensoku Thread

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Lobby lacks voice communication and you can't say, "Hey man, wanna play?" if they haven't already opened the client.

:phone:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Sup Moth. I have some questions.

Does this game still have that stupid weather system? That was stupid.

Is Komachi still cool? Of course she is, this really isn't a question.

Why is Mokou not in this game? I'm boycotting this crap. :mad088:

Why do people hate this game? I wouldn't know, I haven't played it.

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
Im always on lobby if im free to play anyway. Skype doesnt work on this comp either

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Soku is like the brawl of IaMP. That's actually a pretty legit comparison if you compare the focus of the games.

Mokou isn't in because, 1. They didn't have enough time; 2. They though Mokou would be OP. Yeah, not really sure about the logic for #2...

Yes the weather system is still there. Yes typhoon is still ********.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Time for me to look up the Touhou wiki because I always though Utsuho was nicknamed Mokou.

There's something called Soku+ (which will bring more smash comparisons) and it removes weather and changes characters around to be 20% cooler.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Time for me to look up the Touhou wiki because I always though Utsuho was nicknamed Mokou.

There's something called Soku+ (which will bring more smash comparisons) and it removes weather and changes characters around to be 20% cooler.
Utsuho's nickname is Okuu.

Soku+ also made Komachi top tier last time I checked. She was like ridiculously broken.
Wisps that stay out when you get hit unless you get wallslammed or something. Also alt 22 pillar that's not quite as big but comes out in like 15 frames. Not to mention actually having pressure. It's actually impossible for Komachi to pressure someone who knows Komachi's pressure without alt 22 slash. Without that alt pressure is more like a stab at their guard and then just back off.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Soku is like the brawl of IaMP. That's actually a pretty legit comparison if you compare the focus of the games.

Mokou isn't in because, 1. They didn't have enough time; 2. They though Mokou would be OP. Yeah, not really sure about the logic for #2...

Yes the weather system is still there. Yes typhoon is still ********.
That's funny. Typhoon isn't even top 5 worst. It can pop up in some *** situations, but Snow, River Mist, Spring Haze, Diamond Dust, and Heavy Fog are all more annoying, imo.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
How is spring haze that annoying? It's just regular gameplay to me cept you can graze physical. I can see potential for this in high level play I suppose if you can time your dash against every meaty normal attack. Though I guess this cancels out all oki options since you can just HJ out of everything.

I agree with Mist. Snow is semi-annoying if you're stuck in the corner but it's not like meter gain is that slow. Dust is only if you get knocked down that it can get annoying. And then I don't remember what fog is (obscure cards? If it is, I just hold back and I can use an alt card). They're just gimmicks.

Typhoon and mist screws up EVERYTHING and it's run away until weather runs out. Plus the off chance you're blocking and it suddenly turns typhoon and you get hit and lose or mist comes up and you miss the last hit in a combo for the kill. Mist invalidates all your blockstrings too! Dumb.

If this game was under permanent dust weather (ie, just no rolling) actually, I'd love this game a whole lot more. I want to see more oki options, more cross up setups, guard break strings. I love em. Dani_el's killing doll corner oki guard crush string in dust weather. Option select everything!

Eh. Just a short rant. Ignore if you want. (What's the collapse tag?)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Heavy Fog absorbs 50% HP for every damage done. I don't find that annoying. I'm surprised Scorching Sun or Mountain Vapor isn't on the top 5 worst weathers. XD

asianaussie

Smash Hero
River Mist is horrible. So is Diamond Dust. Snow is annoying sometimes.

Typhoon is only gay when you aren't paying attention to the weather.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
BS, there is no reason for Mokou and Kaguya to not be in a Touhou fighting game, other than that game coming out before IN. :mad088:

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Those weathers are just Ryker's personal top 5.
Mine would be River Mist, Typhoon, Dust Storm, Spring Haze, Sunshower.

So far there's no news of a new Touhou fightan game happening. The next spinoff probably isn't gonna happen for another few years.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Since next year will be four years since SWR came out, I think it might come out next year. Since Soku is an expansion pack, they might lead with SWR, (guessing because SWR came out four years after IaMP). Hopefully Twilight Frontier will make a sequel next year.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
☯ Heavy Fog absorbs 50% HP for every damage done. I don't find that annoying. I'm surprised Scorching Sun or Mountain Vapor isn't on the top 5 worst weathers. XD
Vapor could go up there, but I'm not generally card reliant. I level my **** up instead of using supers normally.

Scorching Sun isn't an issue. I generally abuse it because you get 1.5 card meter from damage taken in Scorching Sun.

Looking for people to play right now.

5C

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Have you heard of ChefMKT?

He used to go to the soku IRC channel. Still does probably.
I remember playing him once in the worst lag every. Probably some of the most fun matches I've had in that channel.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Aurora is the worst weather by far. I love seeing it turn aurora and then oh man he's hitting my block I better preemptively block low because this character only crushes low... oh man sunshower! Dang I'm dead. Or random Auroraphoons.

Sunshower for #2. Trying to block in Sunshower vs most characters just doesn't work. It's like typhoon, except instead of just taking random little hits, you take full(although Border Resisted) combos for trying to block.

Typhoon for #3. Spring Haze for #4, it's almost unplayable. It's become kind of a joke that when Spring Haze comes up, we just dash at each other. Mountain Vapor for #5. Oh man I just threw Iku 5 card! You are sooooo trapped and taking a lot of damage. Oh man mountain vapor? And then I'll throw Iku's 5 card again and you've pretty much lost. That's a bit of an extreme situation, but it's happened. I'm biased to being okayer with River Mist because the characters I play I guess.

On a side note, Sunny is the BEST weather. Blue Sky is the second best weather.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
So I've managed to play, and lose to, Blue Rogue. Other people need to try and contact me. I would love for there to be more people I could play.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Have you heard of ChefMKT?
He's an op in the australian soku channel.

I just went on there for the first time in months and got stomped. Hard.

Maybe my reflexes were just dull, but I didn't think I'd be beaten that hard. My opponent wasn't even guarding half the time, I feel bad :|

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Cpt_Ryker

Add me on Skype and you stand a MUUUUUUUUUUCH better chance of catching me.

I want to play more people, but I haven't stood a chance of finding you guys.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
If someone wants to play any time in the next couple of hours send me a message. I'm bored out of my mind.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I may play this for the lulz when I get a new computer.

Definitly play against Moth, for old times sake.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Man, now I want to play, but Moth is playing Kingdom Hearts and hell if I know where Stew is. Ugh, ugh, ugh.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
And I am reminded of the running away nature of this game. ._.

GG ryker.

Back to melty \o/.

Top Bottom