• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Totally Normal Mafia [Game Over, Town and Independent Win]

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Having a leader in this would defeat the point of this game, no? Where we all work out who we think, AS A TOWN, who is scum?

smashman90

Smash Lord
and as for leader, I agree with Hando. Leader is good to have, but it's also good that town be independent for the moment and speak up on discussion.
True, just trying to bring up something somewhat serious to discuss so that we won't be in the joke vote stage for very long and hopefully get some ideas, clues, suggestions, etc. out there. We shouldn't be joking around for too much longer. I already got my joking around done with and I just want to get to the serious discussions already. And yes, I know that we aren't going to get alot of serious discussion on day one and such, but I at least want to try and toss ideas out there, even if it is my ideas aren't very good.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Stingers' ban is from an accumulated 6 points, some of which will expire tonight. Therefore he will be back in the game very quickly and will not be replaced simply because he was temporarily banned.

Toodles!~

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Stingers' ban is from an accumulated 6 points, some of which will expire tonight. Therefore he will be back in the game very quickly and will not be replaced simply because he was temporarily banned.

Toodles!~
damn it

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
oh macman :D

anyway, we should get discussion started.

so far, we agree that no lynches are bad. with that said, lets talk a bit.

seems like this game has no flavor this time (if it is, it's straight forward). Looks like this mafia game is gonna be interesting.

Handorin

Smash Hero

seems like this game has no flavor this time (if it is, it's straight forward). Looks like this mafia game is gonna be interesting.
Do we? It doesn't look like we are all 100% behind that.

And it's never a possibility that we should throw out.

Florida

イーグランツ
Out of eleven players, how many do you think are Mafia? Is it safe to think about 2-3?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Considering there are 11 players, I would assume 2 mafia and 0-1 indy. It just seems like a safe number because in the slightly larger games, there have been 3 mafia and 1-2 indies.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I would expect it, but I won't be surprised if it isn't. It's a popular trend for most mods to do. I don't know if tmw would use one, but I'm sure tom would. Only time will tell.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Agreed with Hando on all of his last few postsXD

@Rockin: I think, contrary to what you said, even out of the few who have responded to the nl idea have said it's a viable option, but we need to wait longer to see if it's better than lynching or not, so that doesn't hold up too well.

@egruntz: Hando is right, 2 mafia is likely, and at most an sk or another type of indie... Any more than that puts anti-town over 1/3 of the total, which is generally risky balance wise. It's also possible we have no indie and 3 maf, but I would think Hando's guess is most accurate. However, what does it do for us to guess on numbers of maf? We can't tell if we're right, and it doesn't help us finding the scum at all. However, it's also barely out of the joke vote phase, so the likelihood of deep discussion is low right now, so no harm, just wanted to point out that it's discussion that leads us nowhere.

Now, obviously we're moving into serious discussion now. Marshy is the only one who has not said anything since the game began, but I also know he doesn't like the joke vote phase, so nothing major, but I'll keep my vote there till he speaks up:)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer

I don't think anyone ever said no lynches are bad. We agreed that no lynches rushed into without using the majority of the Day is a stupid idea because your denying yourself the most important thing you can have in any given day, Information.

Vote: Rockin

If you want to push for discussion don't throw out one blanket statement and then nothing else.

Florida

イーグランツ
@mentosman There' s nothing wrong with trying to figure out the statistics of the game. All information can be useful. Really, I'm just hoping that there isn't an SK to prevent multiple deaths per night with such a small game. Three town members could be wiped out in a day+night.

Plus I'm just trying to bring up something to talk about. >.>

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
ahh, okay. sorry then, my mistake lol

Guess it's just me just really disliking no lynching on any given day. But if it comes down to it, then fine.

anyway, forgive me. Not too use for starting up discussions. I just want to slowly start some discussion to talk about (How does Tom do this...? He does these like it's natural LOL)

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
@egruntz: Like I said, at this point of the game it doesn't hurt much to think about it, but it also doesn't help because we have no way to confirm it. Like I said, no harm at all, I was more just being a pain about it since it doesn't produce discussion we can use to find scum, simply speculation that doesn't help us with our goal.

@everyone(myself included):Anything stand out from the joke-vote stage? I'm not sure if I really noticed anything other than the mini-bw, but I'll be looking back to see if anything stuck out, and think we all should just in case there was something subtle that could have slipped by.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
stingers and egruntz sorta got into a bit during the joke vote phase. Dunno if it's them being new to SWF mafia or something else.

Not a lot to go on. Just something to consider.

Also no lynches aren't always a bad idea. IF we don't havea g ood lynch candidate, especially in such a small game, that might include an SK, we can't really afford losing a potential three townies in one swoop.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I agree with Jungle. That would put it in bad odds for Town to win if a mis-lynch were to occur on the first day and a SK is present in the game.

Florida

イーグランツ
Tom was saying how it's better to always push for a lynch, though, because if you were to hit a Town member then the Mafia would win on Day 3 instead of Night 3, which isn't much of a difference.

Meh. Meh meh.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
It is better to push for a lynch. But I'm saying that we shouldn't lynch just to lynch. We should have a good reason to before we put someone on the chopping block.

Day 1 It's hard to have a very good reason (See the last three mafia games where it has been No lynch [Excluding newbie mafia...n00bs :)]) to lynch someone, but people do slip up day 1.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
also

TOM IS NOT THE GOD OF MAFIA

no matter how much he thinks he is :)

Florida

イーグランツ
Well, he's a great help to a newbie player like myself lol.

I'm -dead- sure.

>____>
I know this probably doesn't mean anything, but 'em hyphens are scary business. :3
And that's all that sticks out to me from the joke stage.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Jungle do you actually think there was something in the conversation between Egruntz and Stingers, or are you just grasping for straws here?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
1. http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7745267&postcount=56 -> He countervoted me...countervoting Day 1 is always scummish behavior. Of course, joke votes...so...

2. http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7747889&postcount=64
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7751730&postcount=73

Voting No lynch as mafia Day 1 is what new mafia do in order to draw attention off themselves because they think town considers it the "safest option". Once called out on it, he unvoted. Scummier and scummier...

3. http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7755196&postcount=90

Same deal with speculating on mafia numbers...that's not something you really want to talk about, for obvious reasons.

/reasoning

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would agree with an egruntz lynch to some extent, but I REALLY don't like the sound of that post by Marshy.

@Marshy: What's up with not elaborating on the thoughts or posting anything beyond "per stingers' reasoning? You know as well as anyone making a vote without posting your own thoughts on the person doesn't look good. Also, the reasoning given for an egruntz lynch by stingers fails. Counter-voting during the joke vote stage is scummy now? The voting of no lynch wasn't really anything big... We pointed out that there are advantages to lynching, and that it was too early in the day to decide which was more advantageous, and he unvoted. Not something that can be let slide entirely, but not something major. Similarly, the speculating mafia numbers, which I called out right away, was nothing harmful, and another thing that a new player would think of as useful.

So I guess what I'm trying to get at here Marshy, is I know you're a good player. Not only was the reasoning given for voting egruntz weak, but you didn't bother to elaborate at all on the points Stingers gave. As I said, he's on my radar, but for a player who knows what they're doing like you, that whole vote and post throws lights up across the board. Until you elaborate on your vote and give some more solid reasoning to vote him, my vote on you sticks.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Stingers, I don't see why you're focused on egruntz right now. One of your reasons for that vote is complete crap(countervoting in the joke vote phase is most certainly NOT a scummy behavior, in fact it is quite common as they're, ya know, jokes). The other two are iffy at best to cause you to focus on someone. The no lynch thing isn't anything big(Several games lately have had someone vote no lynch during day 1 and remove it later), as I said in my post to Marshy it is not something to entirely throw out, but not something to cause me to put focus on someone. And the speculating on how many mafia? Well, I did that during my first game. I've seen people do it in ALMOST every game I've played here. Once again, nothing to entirely forget, but nothing that should cause you to focus on him.

If you can give me one solid reason to be focusing on egruntz, I may be on your side. Right now you have given weak at best reasoning, and then looked past something far more scummy to focus on the person that reasoning was on. This is early d1, things like Marshy's post are things to jump on and question, not little things like you pointed out about egruntz that aren't inherently scummy.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I gave you my reasoning o.O but alas, I think you're right. marshy made a very scummy vote lol. you don't bandwagon like that.

Unvote
Vote: Marshy

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you actually pay full attention to my last two posts, you'll realize I said give me strong reasons for focusing on him, and told you why the reasons you gave were weak at best and down-right nothing at worst.

Now, I know most of the players in this game know this, but we need to be very careful if it comes to considering a Marshy lynch at some point today. Losing town-aligned Marshy can be a big blow, so no rushing it if it comes down to it. That's the kind of choice we have to weigh out carefully. Right now I just want pressure on him, nothing more.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Vote Count
(2) Marshy: mentosman8, stingers135
(1) egruntz: Marshy
(1) Handorin: junglefever
(1) stingers135: egruntz
(1) smashman90: Handorin
(1) Rockin: KevinM

(4) not voting: smashman90, Rockin, Chaco, Yaya

It takes 6 votes out of 11 to lynch.
The deadline has been set for Midnight EST of the 14th of July.

Top Bottom