• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toronto and Surrounding GTA Pokérankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambrose

Smash Journeyman
wth I'm metapod, lol. I dont think that pokemon can even attack. o_o

edit: woops shout outs on the wrong thread.

D

Deleted member

you can use harden and string shot

do you know how awesome that is

god the pokemon creators are sexual deviants

I.B

Smash Lord
I.B: Your Marth. My ICs. Bo3. $10. Or you can go Falco rofl if you think you'll do better vs my ICs with him. Any Falcon gayness will receive a swift lashing from my Sheik. I despise Falcon vs ICs. Hence why I main Sheik. Essentially I'm offering you a 6-4 matchup in your favour using my secondary versus your main. Sounds stacked in your favour, doesn't it. Somehow I'm not too horrified.
omg David guess what?

I decline your offer!

Really, you and I both know that I rarely win against you in our matchup. So what reason do I have to lose $10? Not one!

unknown522

Some guy
before i hit reply, ididnt even remember what thread this was, nor, as i will subsequently prove, that it matters at all.

Wtf is wrong with the toronto scene. we're all friends. soooo ****ing trivial this bickering. I think i speak for everyone on saying the biweekly was tons of fun.

And further speaking on everyone's behalf, i believe, is that if toronto were to get their scene together we could really step up our game. Between all of us i don't think there would be any need to travel anymore.

Bigger picture people! why not constructively critique our FELLOW players instead of trashtalking who they are good with or what rank they are.

Its just a fun way to practice, then play/show off skill. So calm the **** down everyone, surriously.

i better start seeing this henceforth from this post; if i continue to see this negative attitude and scene i'll quit with an ease of mind.

And not all of Toronto feels bad towards the EC PR. Jake has his own views. If anything i agree with dice that people stopped caring: the distance is too great to really prove anything and the top 3 of it are the pinnacle of Canada anyway. Furthermore, i think the EC PR is more of a shame than a outrage because the majority of players do not get the chance to play each other.

and remember:

the kingdom of god is within us all.
He's right!! Y r u guys all arguing?? There was more than just one person who put a lot of thought into this PR. Maybe it is biased, maybe not. WE ALL ARE FRIENDS HERE and we play together for the fun of it (or maybe the money), not just for ranking, and not to try to make others look bad......What is this??

and btw David, ur on

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
He's right!! Y r u guys all arguing?? There was more than just one person who put a lot of thought into this PR. Maybe it is biased, maybe not. WE ALL ARE FRIENDS HERE and we play together for the fun of it (or maybe the money), not just for ranking, and to try to make others look bad......What is this??

and btw David, ur on
Yeah Ryan. Why do you have to beat my Link with your Mario 100 million times and i only won like 2 games lawl. :embarrass .

Yeah Guys We are all friends hurrr.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
I said Doc vs Sheik because Doc is your main and Sheik is mine. But I don't really care who you use in all honesty. You have a Fox, I hear.

I will drop the amount $5 if you want to, however.

Fogel

Smash Lord
... bunch of points that were already owned by Lanowins ...
Apologies for the late reply, I didn't have time to browse swf yesterday. I'm not gonna reply to all of your points, Andy already covered a few of the same points that I would have made, but there are some things I still wanted to say.

For example, on our PR, Noah and I are tied, and Noah and I both feel that is correct. Yet on the EC PR, we're a couple spots apart IIRC. I really doubt that the person(s) between us squeeze in the tiny gap of skill between me and Noah.
I won't speak for who's better head to head, because I have no idea, but by the EC PR standings, Noah has better tourney results, hence he gets a higher rank. Saying you're 'equal' is just your opinion anyway; I won't believe it unless Noah himself posts the same thing :)

Anyways, if you two really are equal, you guys should have equal standings, or at least pretty close, but at the time of the EC PR that wasn't true. I don't know how things are nowadays, there seems to be a tournament in the GTA like every weekend and I haven't been following them to be honest. As Andy's already said, we go by tournament results, not personal opinion.

It's outdated, it needs to be updated, this cannot be denied. After Transcan there were a bunch of posters saying that it needed to be, including Vwins. However, the only place you see me saying anything about that it needs to be updated is on my "little" thread (FYI, Toronto > Ottawa and Montreal in population.) in response to some discrepancies and used the criticism to better the GTA PR. I said to Alphameric that it's better we update it frequently than not at all, a la EC PR. How in the hell is that trash talk?

Either way. I'll talk to you on msn.

Cameron, I just want to remind you that even if my ranking isn't inaccurate, you've still said without meaning to that a 5 month PR is still correct. So if you still think that after thinking about that little tidbit of info, then I'm not sure what to say, other than you're flat out wrong
I don't think anyone is trying to argue that the EC PR is up to date. All I've been trying to say was that, at the time it was made, the EC PR was pretty accurate. Also, please don't try to say that all of your posts have been 'criticism'; I think anyone reading could tell that there was a certain amount of venom directed "our" (remember, you're still on the panel) way.

Nice strawman in the last paragraph by the way; to those of you who will have to do serious debates in the future, don't use paragraphs like this :)

Facts and logic ownage
Thanks, you covered a bunch of the stuff I meant to say!

ChrnoX

Smash Cadet
Are MM's incorporated in the PR's?? and if so i will challenge many ppl and get my spot on the list.

TestRider

Smash Ace
Man, there's so much hatred in here. Do you guys even realize that any given PR is nothing more than an arbitrary list made up by a bunch of geeks? Hardly something I would care so much about.

D

Deleted member

Meh. I agree to a pretty large extent. Our PR is really helping tournament attendance and fighting spirit, although I think some are taking it a little too close to heart. Andy and Cameron both know I love them, so any hatred you're talking about is just due to people a little sore from their placings, which is I guess inevitable. So this is to all who are whining about the list, whine less on the boards and take it to PMs or MSN.

On a more related note, I -just- saw your ninja edit Andy. Yeah, I guess the newest list was pretty much made on the way home, but we had most of the panelists in person though anyway, and most people agreed. So if you're calling 5-6 people biased, then okay. I understand. Do you disagree with it? You should have said something if you did. We were all pretty adamant about creating it that night. Oh well. It'll change again in less than 2 weeks.

Cameron: Ah, so you busted out the call out to my obvious strawman. I guess I underestimated you :p
I know you didn't say that. I posted that to underline the importance of a 5 month PR because I just realized at that moment that it had been that long. :p Suckkkkk. gg, though. Oh yeah, Noah would post that we're equals, but he's too busy having fun in Ireland.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Its all we got...theres not much else for us to turn to when gauging/comparing our skill levels and whatnot. Though I agree with you, I believe it is definetly something we need.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
Man, there's so much hatred in here. Do you guys even realize that any given PR is nothing more than an arbitrary list made up by a bunch of geeks? Hardly something I would care so much about.
I don't hate anyone :( I just want to MM peoples. Because MMs are like grate aural sects only funner. I stopped caring about this a while ago.

Also, Testrider I <3 you.

D

Deleted member

:O!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY COW!!!

SAY it ISNT SO! :(

..really? why? :(

cudos to daniel for the pro ms paint lmao

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
so I heard you guys like to camp. Have i mention Mike quit smash?
lol Bernard's Fox has apparently powertrained vs nothing but Sheiks and ***** mine. It ripped through my camping and defenses like they weren't even there.

But back to the point. Yes. I do like to camp but recently people have starting punching through my defenses with such ease that I'm starting to abandon the strategy almost altogether (exaggeration but clearly my offense *********** is hurting me greatly). Mike can complain about camping all he wants but it's never been a foolproof system as Bernard openly demonstrates in his matches against me.

Anyways. I'm off to powertrain vs Fox. Well, sleep, work and then powertrain. Probably do some research, development and testing along the way.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Hmmm I keep getting emails from the threads and I see they're about me so I feel somewhat compelled to answer.

Basically, the games not fun anymore for me. The major factor though?
I really can't stand the fact that the only good character which I enjoy playing (I also like Yoshi, but well... self explanatory) is countered by a character that takes all of like... a day, or maybe even a week to master.

Like I boast about beating Sheiks, but eventually people are going to figure out that jumping up and down spamming needles actually really hurts Marth, and tilts the match up for Sheik to the point where my playing ability has to be so disproportionately better then the Sheik's to win that it's sickening.

In most games doing the same thing over and over again, especially camping, gets you *****. So I kinda wanna go back to FPS and Strategy games.
It's nothing against the community, it's just the way the game sets up.

unknown522

Some guy
Hmmm I keep getting emails from the threads and I see they're about me so I feel somewhat compelled to answer.

Basically, the games not fun anymore for me. The major factor though?
I really can't stand the fact that the only good character which I enjoy playing (I also like Yoshi, but well... self explanatory) is countered by a character that takes all of like... a day, or maybe even a week to master.

Like I boast about beating Sheiks, but eventually people are going to figure out that jumping up and down spamming needles actually really hurts Marth, and tilts the match up for Sheik to the point where my playing ability has to be so disproportionately better then the Sheik's to win that it's sickening.

In most games doing the same thing over and over again, especially camping, gets you *****. So I kinda wanna go back to FPS and Strategy games.
It's nothing against the community, it's just the way the game sets up.
lol, I see, but look @ mew2 king and ken (before he quit). Just pick up a new character. Most of these ppl use shiek because they want to counter marth because he is so gay as well. Half the ppl that can win or do good with marth use like only 2 different moves to be good, same with shiek, but this is why u just need variety of characters. Getting gayed by shiek should not be a factor for quitting man. Look @ me getting gayed by the top 7 characters besides falcon (mostly marth and peach), and I still overcome many ppl with mario/doc. U still have more room to grow and improve. It's not like ur the best player in the world, and are getting gayed by shiek.

Btw, Bernard agrees with me

Europhoria

Smash Lord
^ Yes, M2K and Ken play Marth vs Sheik. They do better with Marth then with their foxes. The thing is that Marth has to be on such a higher level of skill then the Sheik to win that match up... a much much higher level. They're not very good examples because clearly no one, myself obviously included, is anywhere near as fast or as good as those with Marth.
At our level of play however, it's quite an awful match up for Marth.

My internal debate is whether or not I should stay with Smash simply because I've put so much time into, etc. Not because I enjoy it, and that's not good -.-.

I understand that learning another character would help or solve my problem but I play Marth because I like him. If Yoshi wasn't so horrible I'd actually be playing him instead. I don't really want to learn or play another character because then that's still not fun for me.

Finally, I realize that people are using Sheik specifically to deal with Marth. However, the whole "Needle Spam and Needle Camping > Marth" is quite boring to play against. Constantly, with no variety, takes the fun out of the game for me. Bringing me back to my debate... why do I want to play, and train and be competitive at a game that I have absolutely no fun playing?

D

Deleted member

I'll admit it's a tough matchup, but it's not impossible. There are a lot of characters, is Marth really the only one you enjoy?

What made you like Smash in the first place? Try going back to that

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Well I also enjoy Yoshi and spamming SWD with Samus. But well, neither of those 2 options win. In fact they do considerably worse then Marth vs Sheik.

Iunno, I started playing Smash because it was fun. And although I do beat a lot of Sheik's, it's not fun anymore when that's the only match up that I see. There also the Sheik's I can't beat, meaning that I'm basically a bye for them if they meet me in a tournament. That's even less fun.

Actually, arguably Kizzu was one of the reasons I started playing and ironically he did just put out a new match which makes me want to pick up my controller, but I do realize doing so would just stall the issue I'm facing atm.

D

Deleted member

you enjoy playing samus, then pick her up. Samus can be really effective against almost every character.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I like SWD spam. But not only does Samus as a character do worse vs Sheik, the style of Samus which wins is not the one I enjoy playing. The style I enjoy with Samus does even worse vs Sheik. So I don't really explore her as an option.

D

Deleted member

You take Smash very mathematically, it's odd. Tendencies in Smash aren't rules. You should keep playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom