• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tornado spamming??OMG!

Clouderz

Smash Ace
ok guys, heres the scoop about what im going to talk about right now

TORNADO vs Heavyweight characters....HMMMMMMM....

ok...SO, just about an hour ago, i was playing some friendlies with a DDD, i thought to myself, " hmm, DDD is heavyweight, right? how come i cant just use tornado against him?" so i did, i used tornado here and their, racking up a lot of damage, but thats not all i did, i just did tornado because its very effective against heavyweights, am i right?

so im playing DDD, using tornado, played 5 matches, i beat him 5-0, we go back to the chatroom and i see

"WOW, OMFG YOUR SUCH A NOOB ALL YOU DID IS TORNADO OMG WOW", wtf? me? tornado spamming? nawwwww...

So, this guy starts to john about how much i tornado spam, but i mean, comeon, tornado ownz against heavyweights, you gotta admit that, and this noob couldnt counter my tornado if his life depended on it, so all he does is talk and talk and talk about how i was 2 stocking him

"LOL your noob, if you didnt have tornado i could of owned you all those matches"

is it me, am i spamming it too much, or is this DDD that cant counter this tornado, being a frusterated selfish piece of fish that ive ever seen?

-Aether

Smash Journeyman
If all you did was use Tornado it wouldn't make it any less of a viable strategy.

Just ignore that idiot.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
tornado spamming is for talantless metaknight's. That's basicly camping with him. Run away until you are in a tornado position. That's not fun at all. Camping sucks.

Seriaxe

Smash Apprentice
tornado spamming is for talantless metaknight's. That's basicly camping with him. Run away until you are in a tornado position. That's not fun at all. Camping sucks.
Me too, Campers are so gay especially because my friend play Falco and always camping and spamming laser at me and i cant do anything unless i try to attack him then he always CG then I get own. Camping is a great technique for characters with range attack though. :crying:

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Play to win. Tell anyone who says otherwise to QQ moar. I'd spam tornado if it was working, no doubt about it. If I want to win a match, I will do anything within the rules to do so.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
winning is worthless if you have to camp/spam to do it. Tornado spamming is bull****. If you camp, you're a lame *** with no talent. That's how I see it.

boom-man97

Smash Journeyman
Spamming is a strategy. its a cheap one but if your opponent can find a counter strategy then they're the newb. if your want your opponent to stop badgering you, work on a new strategy or just stop playing with nubs XD

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
It's not really a bad idea to spam mach tornado, it's a fantastic move. Just don't become too predictable with it. Try maybe mixing it up with a few F-tilts, F-airs, D-smashes, Grabs... maybe a drill rush if you feel lucky enough.

And for those who are complaining about camping... It's a solid way to win with Metaknight. Sure Metaknight is great at pressuring your foes, but there are certain times when they just have better reach and are hitting you more than you hit them.

If he likes the playstyle and finds it effective, let him use it. :/

Protathlitis

Smash Cadet
i played a ddd that could counter my tornado pretty easily so obvously he's the newb, just ignore that chump
That's it, short and simple. My bro's a great DDD and he can counter my tornado SO easily if I spam it. Practically all of Dedede's aerials and his u tilt break the MT if you know where to hit. If you can get an easy win off with a tornado spamming, go right ahead; your opponent didn't really deserve to win anyways. Anyone who complains about losing in a legit fashion is still a LOSER.

Clouderz

Smash Ace
thx guys, im getting on with it, but this guy cant counter it, and he talks so much trash about me, and he cant counter it, so you think i should take advantage of it? i dont think i spam it too much, but its useful against him rofl

thx guys :D, he doesnt seem to know what to do about my spamming other than crai lol

DragoonAnger

Smash Rookie
Two people were complaining about "spamming" from me and my partner in team matches, so they both switched to MetaKnight and spammed the hell out of the tornado. We finished both of them without either of us losing a stock (3 stock matches). Pay no attention to him, except to laugh at what a whiner he is. :p If he can't counter it then too bad for him.

Amide

Smash Lord
There is nothing wrong with spamming tornado, why? Because it's the tornado. There is no such thing as a cheap strategy unless there is no way to escape it.

Magus-Cie

Smash Journeyman
There is nothing wrong with spamming tornado, why? Because it's the tornado. There is no such thing as a cheap strategy unless there is no way to escape it.
*cough* DDD chaingrab *cough*

Everyone is missing the point here. If someone accuses you of camping/spamming, then do it more! You are just educating them and making them betters players :D If they don't learn anything, then they will never play you again, so you dont have to waste your time.

ckm

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, Ive heard this before... and I dont even use tornado that much. I do, however, tend to use it more against 3 types of characters:

1) heavyweights (EX: Charizard)

2) low-priority, projectile spamming campers (EX: toon link)

3) high priority arial attack characters (EX: G&W)

Honestly, as far as #2 goes, I think its fair because the tornado is basically "anti-spam" rather than spam itself. Its cancelling out their spam, and thats why I need it. On the others... well, I just cant resist hitting for 20+% with one tornado on HW characters, and it really sets up for other attacks (shuttle loop, anyone?)... HWs have such a hard time DIing out, they usually eat the last hit, which has the knockback, making the move less punishable and do more damage... basically it makes the move 10x better.... so why not use it a bit more? And well, G&W owns me if I dont do something about his **** turtle lolz. Im tired of losing the fair vs turtle battle, and his constant downsmash spam is easily tornadoed iirc.

The last tourney I entered, I played a guy that used TL and G&W... so yeah, I used tornado a bit more than usual... but i thought it was funny how someone can camp with TL and spam arrows/boomerang/bombs all over the screen and then complain that I was using my tornado too much and that I was a spammer. He even had the nerve to say I won "using 1 button" (trust me, I was not spamming it that much, he was just pissed cuz he lost and had no answer for the tornado.)

If a TL ever complains about your tornado "spam", tell them to play you without using the B button... youll win every time.

Seriaxe

Smash Apprentice
Two people were complaining about "spamming" from me and my partner in team matches, so they both switched to MetaKnight and spammed the hell out of the tornado. We finished both of them without either of us losing a stock (3 stock matches). Pay no attention to him, except to laugh at what a whiner he is. :p If he can't counter it then too bad for him.
yeh your properly right, spammers are easy to counter and if you cant find away to beat spammers you must be pretty bad

Protathlitis

Smash Cadet
The last tourney I entered, I played a guy that used TL and G&W... so yeah, I used tornado a bit more than usual... but i thought it was funny how someone can camp with TL and spam arrows/boomerang/bombs all over the screen and then complain that I was using my tornado too much and that I was a spammer. He even had the nerve to say I won "using 1 button" (trust me, I was not spamming it that much, he was just pissed cuz he lost and had no answer for the tornado.)

If a TL ever complains about your tornado "spam", tell them to play you without using the B button... youll win every time.
Isn't it amazing how some people always have to complain about something that YOU are doing when THEY lose, even if the both of you are playing in similar ways? All of their complaining only demonstrates that they are too immature to admit when they have lost within the rules. If there's a strategy within the rules that will result in a win, then use it! If the loser complains, he/she would probably have complained regardless of your actions.

Seriaxe

Smash Apprentice
Isn't it amazing how some people always have to complain about something that YOU are doing when THEY lose, even if the both of you are playing in similar ways? All of their complaining only demonstrates that they are too immature to admit when they have lost within the rules. If there's a strategy within the rules that will result in a win, then use it! If the loser complains, he/she would probably have complained regardless of your actions.
Really, i never see that happen when i play with my friends

Protathlitis

Smash Cadet
Really, i never see that happen when i play with my friends
Notice: I said SOME people complain no matter what; I'm glad that you're friends don't complain when you lose. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :ohwell:

Top Bottom