• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Torn Between?

Okay guys, I;m torn between two characters, Marth and Ike. I would like to learn both but I can really focus on both at a time, so which should I pick? I like Ike's power, but I also like Marth quickness and fast attacks. I'm stuck!:c any help at all will be apretiated! Thanx!

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
If you're trying to win, use Marth.

Otherwise, you're just going to have to decide which character you like better.

makoforce

Smash Ace
I just had a similar problem with choosing between Luigi and marth and the decision all came down to who gets ***** more by MK and who was harder to learn (cause i like a challenge) so in the long run i picked marth because he is just the shiz.:awesome:

Nitrix

Smash Ace
What Bengals said.

Marth requires spacing and consistency but it can really pay off.

Ike has power and more weaknesses than Marth, but when your oponent whiffs a move....you make them pay >:D

iamjason8

Smash Journeyman
Marth of course! He's a better competitive character in my opinion and more fun to play.

:p

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Lol at using marth.

Just go MK and cut out the time of your brawl career of getting pissed off at MK's and trying to beat them. All the people who haven't switched yet are bitter old mean people.

Choosing a character in brawl is a joke. Its Snake, MK, Diddy, then you find a secondary. I mean who wants to play marth anways? Really hard character to master. Is "average" high tier. There isn't anything he has that top tiers don't. And if they don't they have something that makes up for it.

Whatever happened to putting time into characters to win? Oh yeah. That was melee.

The dream of doing well with the character you have fun with has never been real. Only professionals who naturally like high tier characters get that dream, and even at that they have to spend hours practicing.

Does anyone else notice that this fad of making everything easier for everyone has been everywhere? Its been in CoD, Halo, POLITICS, society...Im gettin fed up with it.

The world pisses me off right now at the thought of how many people don't want to put effort into anything and how lazy we've all become.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Lol at using marth.

Just go MK and cut out the time of your brawl career of getting pissed off at MK's and trying to beat them. All the people who haven't switched yet are bitter old mean people.
I did switch to MK and I'm still a bitter, old, mean person :/

actually if anything playing MK just for the sake of winning more just makes it worse

etecoon

Smash Hero
switching to meta knight doesn't guarantee that you'll win money

and even if it does, MK has had more top level players quit the game than like any other character, even when you win money with MK you still want to quit the game lol

Steel_Samurai

Smash Journeyman
^Yeah, I have a better chance of beating an mk main with marth than in a ditto

I dunno if I'm just not 'jaded' yet, but I'm perfectly fine with the Marth the way he is, he is a ridiculously good character, and while MK is hard, its only a 6:4 imo, totally manageable

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
switching to meta knight doesn't guarantee that you'll win money

and even if it does, MK has had more top level players quit the game than like any other character, even when you win money with MK you still want to quit the game lol

EH.

Think about it. You just stated that he is one of the most popular characters therefore it only makes sense if more people quit using him.
Take things within proportion.

Spambot

Smash Rookie
Marth is versatile and generally has good overall matchups.

Ike has a jab.

etecoon

Smash Hero
EH.

Think about it. You just stated that he is one of the most popular characters therefore it only makes sense if more people quit using him.
Take things within proportion.
it's still disproportionate. snake is nearly as popular as MK(actually maybe a little more popular in my region lol) and his top players are mostly all still around where numerous former top 10 MK's like spam, azen, dojo etc. have quit(actually those examples were all considered the second best MK at some point, and the best MK has said on multiple occasions that brawl isn't fun and it's a job to him)

but that's just supplementary, my main point is that from my own experience playing MK doesn't make you happier with the game. it may make you win more, but you won't necessarily be happier.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
MK and Snake are both equally popular in Finland. Both got one main :D
Finland ftw

makoforce

Smash Ace
it's still disproportionate. snake is nearly as popular as MK(actually maybe a little more popular in my region lol) and his top players are mostly all still around where numerous former top 10 MK's like spam, azen, dojo etc. have quit(actually those examples were all considered the second best MK at some point, and the best MK has said on multiple occasions that brawl isn't fun and it's a job to him)

but that's just supplementary, my main point is that from my own experience playing MK doesn't make you happier with the game. it may make you win more, but you won't necessarily be happier.
[/QU vidjo_gamer was the original mk. But he stopped playing him when he got so popular. So then vidjo convinced jason that mk was better and jason dropped D3 and picked up mk. Ju a lil smash history

Top Bottom