• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten funnest smashers to play.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I love to play vs players who do good combos

I hate to play vs spamers (those who can press 6389328497 buttons and 1% of them being actually useful)

and some defensive camping mofos =P

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
*** that..im hella fun to play! sniff
i would have to agree. tigerbombz is prolly the funnest smasher ive played cuz hes hella good and hella funny too.

for #2, i would say ballin cuz of his crazy cool combos and how close our skill level is. playing people that are close to ur level is always more fun than playin anyone else (better and worse players)

for #3, im gonna say isai and superboom. i just feel like i get better after playin them, even tho its not true :chuckle:

for #4, i would have to say everyone else ive played thus far. at the end of the day, i dont care who u are or what char u play, im always down to play smash 64 :p

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
improving/being better =/= being fun or being more fun to play against
When I was starting to beat more people in Europe, Craiigg just told me "you're boring.".

Then I got a lot better and improved, becoming a more creative player and now he enjoys playing with me. <3

NixxxoN

Smash Master
When I was starting to beat more people in Europe, Craiigg just told me "you're boring.".

Then I got a lot better and improved, becoming a more creative player and now he enjoys playing with me. <3
That is only how one player (craiigg) thinks about it, but in general doesnt mean that the better you become, the more fun is to play. I bet some n00bs playing themselves have way more fun than some of the top players playing themselves

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
That is only how one player (craiigg) thinks about it, but in general doesnt mean that the better you become, the more fun is to play. I bet some n00bs playing themselves have way more fun than some of the top players playing themselves
Depends what kind of "better". If it's just better, like less errors and more consistent combos, then it's not particularily interesting, because that's where you generally HAVE to get better. But if you become better as a player on the mental and smart side (mixing up, creativity, mindgames, tech-chase, reading) then you will be a much more fun player to play with.

Oh and Mahie, Smakis, Dandan, Lawrence and others can all tell you they enjoy playing with me a lot more than they used to. =P

Sangoku

Smash Master
When I was starting to lose to less people in Europe, King Funk just told me "always the same thing >_>, you've got to be more fun".

Then I haven't gotten better yet and I'm still not fun to play with :( .

Battlecow

Play to Win
I played Legendary for like an hour today. That was the most fun I've had in a while. I can beat him a little less than half of the time (depending on the matchup) and his überDI always causes the most ridiculous things to happen; but he's not going easy on me or anything, and we've got the same delay so no jonz there.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
When I was starting to lose to less people in Europe, King Funk just told me "always the same thing >_>, you've got to be more fun".

Then I haven't gotten better yet and I'm still not fun to play with :( .
You're at that specific phase I was back in February. =)

Trust me, learning to play in a more fun may hurt you in the beginning but then you won't believe how much it benefits you in the end. You'll be exploring all your options a lot more and will know lots of new tricks you can use even in serious play.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Squall should play n00bs so he will rise up his confidence. I think its important to trash worse players than you once in a while, besides playing good players

M@d-F!ghter

Smash Cadet
well, newcomers should play ppl who are slightly better than him untill he finally is the same/better skill and then go to the next step this way he dont loose fun and always have a challange that isnt invincible.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Squall should play n00bs so he will rise up his confidence. I think its important to trash worse players than you once in a while, besides playing good players
No.

You should ALWAYS try to play players who are much better than you because it makes you improve the fastest. You will never learn and be confident vs good players if all you do is play bad ones.

I play with better players to improve, and worse players to help them improve.

Squall is gonna be beast soon, just wait.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Hehe I hope you're right funk. ^^

And even if I actually wanted to pwn noobs, I can't since there's no noob players in europe the msn group.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
No.

You should ALWAYS try to play players who are much better than you because it makes you improve the fastest. You will never learn and be confident vs good players if all you do is play bad ones.

I play with better players to improve, and worse players to help them improve.

Squall is gonna be beast soon, just wait.
lol improve improve improve... and what about HAVING FUN
you have a lot of fun beating worse players and it boosts up your confidence. Ok maybe you dont improve but who cares this is not a competition for who improves faster. I wouldn't give a F*** about improving in one thing that I dont have much fun to play.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
lol improve improve improve... and what about HAVING FUN
you have a lot of fun beating worse players and it boosts up your confidence. Ok maybe you dont improve but who cares this is not a competition for who improves faster. I wouldn't give a F*** about improving in one thing that I dont have much fun to play.
to bad they are all talking about getting better at smash, and you have ventured off into another avenue of smash64 :p

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Funny thing is you don't answer my argument at all and try to find something in what I said you don't like.

I really don't like that "Ima pwn noobs cuz I'm pro" attitude you're suggesting. Think about that: how much more awesome you feel when you start beating very good players instead of the random people on Kaillera?

Also, improving is fun. Anyone can tell you that.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Funny thing is you don't answer my argument at all and try to find something in what I said you don't like.

I really don't like that "Ima pwn noobs cuz I'm pro" attitude you're suggesting. Think about that: how much more awesome you feel when you start beating very good players instead of the random people on Kaillera?

Also, improving is fun. Anyone can tell you that.
You have the "Ima pwn ANYONE (Isai included, ABOUT TIME) cuz I'm pro" instead of "Ima pwn noobs cuz I'm pro" attitude. Anyway, I didnt mean it. What do you mean by improving is fun? Its cool to become better but the process of improving takes usually a lot of practice and a lot of "getting owned time" by better players than you that is NOT fun. So taking this into account, you suggest that we must always try to improve by practicing and not having as fun as simply playing to have fun. The improving process usually comes naturally by playing a lot btw. You get what i mean?

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I think the both of yous just need to get the opinionated "fun" aspect of of it, and realize they ultimately are talking about getting better...playing better players will help you do this.

as for fun...I'll get ***** by boom 9001 times and still find it fun to play him because of the intricate combos and situational responses you get from playing top caliber players...so "fun" really doesnt have anything to do with getting better...unless of course you happen to like those sort of things.

Confidence is a mind state you can get from playing better players too Nixxxon...if you play someone who destroys you over and over again, but you keep playing them...and you notice you're not so slow any more...your able to see combos before you do them...and you're slowly able to edge off more and more of that persons stocks / percents ...it's a good feeling :D

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Well you are right that playing better players can be fun, but in general, you have more fun by playing people at a similar people or lower than you... but meh maybe thats just me... :O!
About the "strictly improving" argument... I think if you play worse players, you have waay more margin to test new and more complicated stuff before you get beaten... I mean, if you try stuff to some very good player and you miss, chances are you are dead.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
when you test stuff on people who dont play very well, it doesnt always work vs people who are good...so i wouldn't recommend testing new ideas in a serious way...vs a noob :p

Chances are the things you cant seem to test on pros...wont work on pros xD

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Confidence is a mind state you can get from playing better players too Nixxxon...if you play someone who destroys you over and over again, but you keep playing them...and you notice you're not so slow any more...your able to see combos before you do them...and you're slowly able to edge off more and more of that persons stocks / percents ...it's a good feeling :D
Exactly what I feel about it. And also exactly how I experienced it since I started playing in April 2009.

I love getting destroyed by better players if I learn something from it. I also love practicing a lot.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
-_- I basically meant the other way round... Testing on noobs is easier because they wont punish you as hard if you screw up/fail/miss and the idea is to test stuff that can work on everyone no matter the level... for example... shield breaks, shield pressuring, combos...

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
-_- I basically meant the other way round... Testing on noobs is easier because they wont punish you as hard if you screw up/fail/miss and the idea is to test stuff that can work on everyone no matter the level... for example... shield breaks, shield pressuring, combos...
Hm...

Shield breaks: I agree.
Shield pressure: Not so sure.
Combos: Against anyone except Mahie. (or Craiigg when he cheats) =D

I learned almost only from playing better players because I sucked and almost everyone was better than me.

But I guess trying stuff on worse players works too. And actually, a reason I remember liking to play Mahie/Smakis more than Maddy is because they let me more try stuff out and breathe a little. Although with Maddy you really learn how to play being fully pressured and without pity. So I think all three are good in their own ways:
- play with good players who don't try to destroy you too much (to get better and try a few things out)
- play with worse players to try a few things out (to try a few things out)
- play with good players who WILL try to destroy you (to learn not to get ***** aka getting better)

I think I learned the most from the first option actually.

DemonicInfluence

Smash Ace
One cool thing about playing with a good player is that an awesome combo or edgeguard etc. will feel so much more rewarding. It feels good to say (at least in my head) that i 0-to-deathed malva or something (not that I remember this happening).

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Not going to put specific names, skill level is not really a requirement(honestly you do have to be somewhat of a challenge) but anyone who doesn't have a dumb ego/attitude, unless you're someone like MATTS!, Smasherx74, or Xelph. They're funny.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
sin is the funnest smasher to play to me because he goes for crazy combos and not play to win, he still wins tho, one time he 4 stocked my falcon with link on dreamland with 4 zero to death combos.

firo is also fun to play

asianaussie

Smash Hero
everyone finds their first 'mentor' fun to play, they're the one who introduced them to higher level play (which i would hope people find fun) in the first place

for me it was blackshadow and judas, both of whom i still find fun to play

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Judas was also my mentor, though somehow I don't think he ever thought of us as his proteges.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
mentor and protege don't always go together

blackshadow simply told me that keyboard isn't unplayable and beat me a bunch using DK

judas and me just played a bunch, atm all we ever do is go into lategame jab/weak n-air wars

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
A mentor...? I consider myself a mentor for a few players but I don't think I ever had one myself.

I kinda got overall advice from everyone.

Best advice I ever got was "your spacing sucks".

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Peek is my mentor...wonder if he considers me a protégé.

Most fun to play,

Kabal (always tests my wits)
Sin (plays for fun but doesn't suck)
Q! (my online tennis chat buddy from years ago)
Any A-tier + player ( seeing progression is truly fun for me so playing vs people that can teach me is fun)

There are lots of fun players, those three just come to my head first.

malva00

Smash Master
FUNNEST online smashers for me:

1. good, 4 frames or less, and plays multiple characters
2. good, 4 frames or less
3. 4 frames or less and plays multiple characters
4. good and plays multiple characters
5. 4 frames or less
6. good
7. plays multiple characters

The Star King

Smash Hero
I never got any advice or mentoring lol, I taught myself. I did teach a ton of other people though.

Top Bottom