• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
dunno if carls or jreed is better
jreed beat hbox so i guess hes better for now, if jreed falls off the map u could make the case for carls

as long as we all agree that loe1 sucks :denzel:

also I think a case could be made for me over reflex considering he uses Ivysaur a hell of a lot more/has been inactive since august, but I also don't really care and I doubt he does either. places on lists tend to not be the concern of players focusing on improvement.

Last edited:

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Wolf came 3rd at this weeks smashing grounds in a bracket of 51 people. The videos are in our twitch archives but hopefully there will be youtube variants coming out. I'll post them when I see them.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
jreed beat hbox so i guess hes better for now, if jreed falls off the map u could make the case for carls

as long as we all agree that loe1 sucks :denzel:

also I think a case could be made for me over reflex considering he uses Ivysaur a hell of a lot more/has been inactive since august, but I also don't really care and I doubt he does either. places on lists tend to not be the concern of players focusing on improvement.
Nice option select. Now I know you belong on the list and that you don't care about being on the list.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
here's some footage of Wolf's Link:

vs KoreanDJ's Zelda
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpvqgPLHLbU

vs Mario
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH3g9bpNco4

vs Marth and Falco
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC7a8s9H5A0

He also managed to take a game off m2k's Fox.
For the ranking on the other players, Sora (Marth/falco) took 2nd at the week before of Smashing Grounds. The mario player, Mr. Lemon, also regularly makes top 5 at Game Over, which is a weekly Melee tourney that draws 80+ people. I'm not sure whether Nick Riddle or Hylian deserves the other spot on the list, but Wolf is by far the #1 or #2. IE's Apex #25 finish makes a good argument for why he's #1, but Wolf's #49 at Apex is still significant. He'll be coming to most smashing grounds and I see him continuing his domination at one of the largest PM weeklies in the country.

I wish I could speak for Nick Riddle or Hylian, but I have no idea what their recent results are.

Last edited:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Well, last Saturday I got second out of 40 in FL.
Took Colbol to game 5 set 2 in Grand Finals after being sent to losers by Seibrik.

I did terribly at Apex. Character experience johns aside, I got bopped. You can take switch me off of the list if you want, but I'm probably better than Wolf. If I had actual videos, I could prove it, but FL never records any tournaments.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
For the ranking on the other players, Sora (Marth/falco) took 2nd at the week before of Smashing Grounds. The mario player, Mr. Lemon, also regularly makes top 5 at Game Over, which is a weekly Melee tourney that draws 80+ people. I'm not sure whether Nick Riddle or Hylian deserves the other spot on the list, but Wolf is by far the #1 or #2. IE's Apex #25 finish makes a good argument for why he's #1, but Wolf's #49 at Apex is still significant. He'll be coming to most smashing grounds and I see him continuing his domination at one of the largest PM weeklies in the country.

I wish I could speak for Nick Riddle or Hylian, but I have no idea what their recent results are.
I don't go to big tournaments very often I just happen to play good players that do and then put up videos.

I think the only person who's recently played Wolf and I is @ Rat Rat so you could ask him how we compare.

I don't really care if I'm on the list or not because regardless of how good people view me no Link will ever match my style :p.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Man you guys take this real serious

Meanwhile, Awestin is taking everyone's lunch retirement money

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
From what I hear, Wolf paused the game accidentally on Rat after landing a killing attack and Rat forced the win. That could be heresay...we'll need @Sanity's_Theif to confirm (he is Wolf).
Err, Wolf paused the game when Rat was in the middle of comobing him on the last stock and Rat dropped the combo because of the pause, hence the forced win.

Rat

Smash Lord
Yeah I took the pause win.
I'm sorry Wolf but it was a national and I'm gonna take every thing I can. Not the most sportsman like. :( I'm not m2k @ ROM. Suiciding after mango's suicide.

Comparing Hylian to Wolf hm...
Wolf had a great gameplan. But Hylian knew more about Link. Gotta vote for my boy Hylian.

Last edited:

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Err, Wolf paused the game when Rat was in the middle of comobing him on the last stock and Rat dropped the combo because of the pause, hence the forced win.
My mistake. Not trying to spread any disinformation. As long as I don't see Hylian doing well at tournaments, I don't see why he deserves a position above Wolf on this list. Friendlies are one thing, and everyone has good games in friendlies. If it isn't tournament, I don't think people should be given any special treatment or credit.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
My mistake. Not trying to spread any disinformation. As long as I don't see Hylian doing well at tournaments, I don't see why he deserves a position above Wolf on this list. Friendlies are one thing, and everyone has good games in friendlies. If it isn't tournament, I don't think people should be given any special treatment or credit.
That's a fine mentality to have. I do fine in tournaments as well I just don't go to them much hah. Like I said, I really don't care if someone is put above me, if it's mainly based off tournament results they probably should be above me. The only reason I like my name on the list is so people can see my videos and improve from them.

Edit: I am interested in knowing who all the Link mains think the best Link player is though out of pure curiosity.

Last edited:

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
AeroLink from Texas has been making quite the name for himself in the local scene. He's moved up far in the Texas PR, and I think he is definitely a contender for top Link based solely off of results. Just throwing the name out there like Lunchables did.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Being the best Link might as well be like being the best Volcano insurance salesman. Sure, everyday people see smiles and cheerfulness radiating from you... but deep down there's a cold, malignant heart. Your soul sold to the devil, your existence forsaken by the gods that gave you life to begin with. The wind carries a faint hint of your extremely disturbing aura, as you pass through these unprepared lands. CAN THEY BE STOPPED? Not by man, but by the voice of reason and sanity once thought to be lost to such savagery. Let them be snapped back to reality, to peace, with the infamous words desperately breaking to the forefront of consciousness: "Hey, cut that out"

Hylian is pretty cool though. Actually tries to do creative things with Link. +1

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I didn't go to PARG2, that's a lie. I got 5th at BR10
I do think I'm getting up to Aero/Jolt level though

Last edited by a moderator:

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
I didn't go to PARG2, that's a lie. I got 5th at BR10
I do think I'm getting up to Aero/Jolt level though
I meant BR10. Texas is a very competitive region, and I tend to believe that results are the best indicator of who's the best. Aero's good, but I'm not seeing the results that I used to in him. Keep up the good work and I'm sure you'll earn your spot on here regardless.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, my results are actually really impressive considering I go out to like one thing every one or 2 months and don't have anyone to play with irl
toonlink is broken

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Ok, I'm just gonna post some videos and results from the past 3 tourneys I attended.

Rains of Castamere: http://smashboards.com/threads/rains-of-castamere-results-shout-outs.349406/ - 3rd in singles, and 1st in doubles with CT|Tloc|Denti. 03/01/2014

East Texas Fight Club V: http://smashboards.com/threads/march-8th-2014-east-texas-fight-club-v-lindale-tx.349836/ - 4th in singles, and 1st in doubles with Awestin (McBad). 03/08/2014

King of the House: http://smashboards.com/threads/king-of-the-house-results.349887/#post-16460819 - 5th in singles, and 1st in doubles with CT|Tloc|Denti. 03/09/2014

Here are vids from Rains of Castamere:

AeroLink vs. Strawhat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkv1XgoKIYE

AeroLink vs. Infinity: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RIpoxPMPeU

AeroLink vs. Oracle (Winners Quarterfinals): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoGd5VxLLi4

AeroLink vs. Oracle (Losers Finals): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwrDbtA0p14

AeroLink and CT|Tloc|Denti vs. Oracle and Problemo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF8adeQzfdE

AeroLink and CT|Tloc|Denti vs. Sethlon and Infinity: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMzfgrRkOJM

Enjoy!

You can like my fanpage at: https://www.facebook.com/AeroLinkSSB4
You can follow me on twitter at: https://twitter.com/AeroLinkSSB4

XXXX1000

Smash Apprentice
so aerolink plays link, aero plays toon link, and wolf also plays link

y'all need to do something about that

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Don't worry, I play Fox. I am the bias corrector for their foolishness.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
So... uh. Why isn't Carls on the Top-3 list for Wario? People talk about Pink Fresh being on there for getting 17th, but Carls beat him pretty free. And wins tournaments in this region. Was a close set vs Zinoto away from Top-8 at Shuffle (who he has beaten in the past).

Soul Pech is probably the 2nd best (only other) Jigglypuff player as well. Though he's not played him in 3.0, he's never lost to Solharath and 1) Made Ripple switch off of DDD so he wouldn't lose to him at Shuffle V and 2) was still one input away from beating him anyway.

JT (Sonic) is also close to being up there. Solharath can probably vouch for him.
There are certain bits about matchup experience where one character has a better time against another when you're new to a matchup. I've seen Wario wreck face against unknowing opponents by sheer force of not knowing the matchup, even if the Wario himself is new to the matchup. Once you get used to Wario, it gets a lot easier to fight him, but I wouldn't count out Pink Fresh just because Carls 'beat him pretty free'. I don't know how much either of them know the matchup. All your other points, though, are very valid. Carls and Zinoto were in the same pool at Shuffle, and Carls won that. Bracket, however, is where Zinoto took his revenge on Carls. I've played with Carls as well, and he won a good amount of our friendlies(I don't know the final count, but I think it's in his favor by a single game).

On the count of 'Never lost to Solharath', that is a lie, actually. Our first set had me come out on top. I then lost to him in pools at Nerd Rage and again in Loser's Bracket at MI Ranbats 7 where I played Charizard. We haven't played since, which includes anything post 3.0 release. Because of that, I can't say for sure whether or not he's worthy of the list, I mean, any high-placing Melee Jiggs can do just as much or more work than him, I don't know. This is not a declaration that he shouldn't, however. I am just clarifying that, in previous versions of PM, I have beaten him, he's beaten me, but I am not knowledgeable enough in how he plays currently to put forth a comment on whether or not he should be on this list.

As for JT, he impressed me with his tech skill, that much I'll say for sure. However his combo game and playing in the neutral is only sub par at best, I'd put Darky or Map Mark above him currently. Depending on how Darky places offline, I'd be willing to put him above myself, should he ever go to a tournament(I don't know if he has or if he placed well). JT is definitely impressive, though. People should watch out for him.

Last edited:

Humble Dojo

Smash Apprentice
Im a bit confused about those questioning of Aeros results... In the last 2 months he got 4 at an Arizona regional, and 3rd at back to back Super Smash sundays which is Socals biweekly local. Each event was 60+ people. In Az he lost to Jaime HR and axe, top 2 respectably. At the next SSS he sent fly to losers, lost to Okami and then lost to Fly in losers putting him at 3rd. This past sunday he lost Okami in WF and lost to our top snake Jonny Westside in losers who went on to beat okami in Grand finals. Hes playing the best he ever has.

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
Im a bit confused about those questioning of Aeros results... In the last 2 months he got 4 at an Arizona regional, and 3rd at back to back Super Smash sundays which is Socals biweekly local. Each event was 60+ people. In Az he lost to Jaime HR and axe, top 2 respectably. At the next SSS he sent fly to losers, lost to Okami and then lost to Fly in losers putting him at 3rd. This past sunday he lost Okami in WF and lost to our top snake Jonny Westside in losers who went on to beat okami in Grand finals. Hes playing the best he ever has.
My mistake. I've been under the wrong impression apparently.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
I assure you jreed won't fall off the map. He and I, along with Cakes (Who placed 17th @ Apex with Mario) and the rest of our crew have been trying to go to as many tournies as we can. Since Apex hes placed 2nd at a tourny in Game Gallery in Easton PA. Didn't go myself but I heard M2k, Jman and Zhu attended. Cakes also placed 3rd in that same tourny I believe.
We're all trying to make more appearances but the struggle is real with all of our jobs

Oracle

Smash Master
The order of diddys should be reversed. I've played all 3 of abstract guru and disqo and disqo is definitely the most solid. Idk about abstract and guru but disqo is number one. Also gallo's mario is better than pikachad imo. i whooped chad at big house but gallo beat me in a mm doin some jab jab dtilt kung fu nonsense on my shield the whole time with way more fireballs. could just be changes to the character but idk. also lunchables def>jolteon

also for the love of god why am i not on the olimar list yet

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
The order of diddys should be reversed. I've played all 3 of abstract guru and disqo and disqo is definitely the most solid. Idk about abstract and guru but disqo is number one. Also gallo's mario is better than pikachad imo. i whooped chad at big house but gallo beat me in a mm doin some jab jab dtilt kung fu nonsense on my shield the whole time with way more fireballs. could just be changes to the character but idk. also lunchables def>jolteon

also for the love of god why am i not on the olimar list yet
Having played against me and Glick, what's your opinion of my Kirby on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom