• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I main marth, toonlink, and roy
If I keep doing this well in tournament with roy I miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight attempt to be put on the roy list but all I have to back up my roy right now is some empty claims and 1 win on sethlons roy in WFs

Last edited by a moderator:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
*name searches*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is why I hate smashwiki.

Edit: I've been confused with that Aero since I joined pretty much. I remember early brawl days people asking if I was the Dedede player who made that one "combo" video. lmfao

I've had my handle for like, forever though so I'm the original.

Edit 2: plz no one change it. having my name on smashwiki is my greatest accomplishment, i have successfully won life now :troll:

Last edited:

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
One day... I shall be on that Ganon list. c:

*stands atop cliff and makes a confident fist*

JUST YOU WATCH, SMASHBOARDS. YOU'LL SEE!

Prince Longstrok

I see this going south :s

Lets not get negative in here- our community is better than that.

Ive never seen Aero play, but im sure hes good. C:

D

Deleted member

tbh I'm not surprised you think that's an alt account, I thought it seemed a bit suspicious at first, then I saw the toilethumor sig and I know where the guys from

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
MJG doesn't play this game much and when he does he uses Ivysaur.
Aerodrome kinda doesn't either. The "Aero" listed in the OP of this thread is not Aerodrome or AeroLink, he is simply Aero.

Last edited:

Prince Longstrok

MJG doesn't play this game much and when he does he uses Ivysaur.
Aerodrome kinda doesn't either. The "Aero" listed in the OP of this thread is not Aerodrome or AeroLink, he is simply Aero.

Ohh, I see I see.

Goddamnit people >.< your names are too similar. Why cant we all just be family members of fictional characters?

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Not sure what you're referring to.
:link2:Link - Internet Explorer, Wolf, Hylian

I'm not listed in the Link section, but gameplay vids of me are listed in the spoiler tag.

D

Deleted member

You can have your videos featured but not be a top 3 in that category.
Smith for example, look at the toonlinks.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Oh, I see. So that means I'm not in the top 3. Oh, ok. I see how it is. Let me just point out something; I can see a case for Wolf being listed in the top 3. But what have Hylian and Internet Explorer done since 3.0 release? Where are their results, and where are their vids uploaded/recorded to show for it? I'm at least fairly active, and I have good enough results to show for it. I live in one of the best/most stacked regions for Project M, and through that I have been climbing my way up the rankings: http://smashboards.com/threads/03-1...outhwest-power-rankings-social-thread.333159/ . Every tournament, after pools, almost every match I play in bracket is a hard, fought one with matches that could go either way on a daily basis. I'm a contender for top 3, I don't know of any other Link players (that includeds IE and Hylian) that are consistently placing other than Wolf; has Hylian even entered a 3.02 tourney or IE since Apex 2014? Come on, guys. Give me some credit. But if you're still not convinced, I'll keep at it, and in due time, you will see.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I've hosted and entered several tournaments -.-. They just happen to be small(aside from the last one) so no one pays attention to them. Lowest I've placed in any Project M tournament since 2.0 is 9th. I mean, here is a video of me against metroid in losers semis of a tournament 3 months ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9Zgcza75YA it's not like I don't go to tournaments I just don't parade my results around. These are from a tournament not even a month ago though I only got doubles matches recorded:(was too busy hosting the tournament to wait for recording set-ups) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDaql2DxErk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ0diYrkQrQ [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PNfTsIvTWw[/URL]

Don't really care where I am on the list I would just like to be on there for Link players to see how to actually play the character instead of just spamming rang.

Last edited:

The_NZA

Smash Lord
I've hosted and entered several tournaments -.-. They just happen to be small(aside from the last one) so no one pays attention to them. Lowest I've placed in any Project M tournament since 2.0 is 9th. I mean, here is a video of me against metroid in losers semis of a tournament 3 months ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9Zgcza75YA it's not like I don't go to tournaments I just don't parade my results around. These are from a tournament not even a month ago though I only got doubles matches recorded:(was too busy hosting the tournament to wait for recording set-ups) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDaql2DxErk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ0diYrkQrQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PNfTsIvTWw

Don't really care where I am on the list I would just like to be on there for Link players to see how to actually play the character instead of just spamming rang.

Maybe i'm wrong, but I've only seen you perform very strongly at one tournament in recent memory (do please correct me if I'm wrong). Top 9 is not that hard to achieve in this game since there are a lot of new folks playing...Hell, I've never gotten below a top 7 at Smashing Grounds, but that doesn't put me on the list. I keep up with the tournament results thread, and posting there isn't akin to parading around results. You definitely should post there if you have had some really impressive results recently, since a lot of us pay attention there and thats our only real avenue to understanding how people are doing more generally in our scene.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Btw here are more vids of my Link from Smash9! in Wichita, TX (Marth 15) even though I didn't do particularly well as I wanted to this time.
http://www.twitch.tv/stockcancelgaming/c/3912536

Vs. Denti (around 44:00)

Vs. UTD Zac (around 2:07:00)

If you wanna see more, there are some friendlies you can watch here at around 2:50:00: http://www.twitch.tv/stockcancelgaming/c/3912533

Edit -
I keep up with the tournament results thread, and posting there isn't akin to parading around results. You definitely should post there if you have had some really impressive results recently, since a lot of us pay attention there and thats our only real avenue to understanding how people are doing more generally in our scene.
I wasn't aware of that thread. I'll definitely post results there for future tournaments from this point on.

Double Edit - Ok so, Hylian has made his case, what about Internet Explorer? Is he active still, and are there any vids of him? At the very least he should be replaced due to inactivity, or lack of results. Hylian, you should come down to one of our Texas tourneys; it'd be interesting to see how you'd fair against our region.

Last edited:

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Maybe i'm wrong, but I've only seen you perform very strongly at one tournament in recent memory (do please correct me if I'm wrong). Top 9 is not that hard to achieve in this game since there are a lot of new folks playing...Hell, I've never gotten below a top 7 at Smashing Grounds, but that doesn't put me on the list. I keep up with the tournament results thread, and posting there isn't akin to parading around results. You definitely should post there if you have had some really impressive results recently, since a lot of us pay attention there and thats our only real avenue to understanding how people are doing more generally in our scene.
I know how good I am from playing against great players often in and out of tournaments. I don't attend big enough tournaments or frequently enough to make a case from results but honestly I would just like to show that Link can be played in an entertaining and fun way. I don't feel the need to convince anyone else that I am the best Link because I don't really care. I just enjoy helping people who play the character and teaching them things they didn't know and I certainly think I'm good enough to do that. If people are going somewhere to look for videos of Link I want to be there because I think my videos showcase some things that no others do. If you want actual skill comparison then ask people who have played me and also played any of the other link players. I've talked to quite a few people that play other the links and they tell me I would beat them so *shrugs*. Come get people who have played me to credit the other players :p.

Last edited:

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
I know how good I am from playing against great players often in and out of tournaments. I don't attend big enough tournaments or frequently enough to make a case from results but honestly I would just like to show that Link can be played in an entertaining and fun way. I don't feel the need to convince anyone else that I am the best Link because I don't really care. I just enjoy helping people who play the character and teaching them things they didn't know and I certainly think I'm good enough to do that. If people are going somewhere to look for videos of Link I want to be there because I think my videos showcase some things that no others do. If you want actual skill comparison then ask people who have played me and also played any of the other link players. I've talked to quite a few people that play other the links and they tell me I would beat them so *shrugs*. Come get people who have played me to credit the other players :p.
Results speak loudest imo. I get that we can get hyped up or praised by other players/people or whatever, but when it comes down to it, results is what matters. It also helps to have recorded footage of gameplay of course.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's so weird that someone is telling me to come to texas to see how I would do in their region lol considering I lived in texas for 21 years ;_;. I'd love to come back though, only people I've played from there are Denti/Sethlon/Oracle IIRC and none of them recently.

I'm going to UFGT in may which is going to be huge and streamed by VGBC, you might as well just take me off the list until then if people want to see results at big tournaments cause otherwise I only really go to locals.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Double Edit - Ok so, Hylian has made his case, what about Internet Explorer? Is he active still, and are there any vids of him? At the very least he should be replaced due to inactivity, or lack of results. Hylian, you should come down to one of our Texas tourneys; it'd be interesting to see how you'd fair against our region.
I mean Internet Explorer was the highest placing Link in the largest Project M 3.0 tournament in the world, which speaks volumes about his skill. It's not like Apex 2014 was that long ago anyway, two months ago isn't a long enough time to really be considered a hiatus. I mean I see your point, but you don't seem to appreciate IE enough.

Btw here are more vids of my Link from Smash9! in Wichita, TX (Marth 15) even though I didn't do particularly well as I wanted to this time.
http://www.twitch.tv/stockcancelgaming/c/3912536

Vs. Denti (around 44:00)

Vs. UTD Zac (around 2:07:00)

If you wanna see more, there are some friendlies you can watch here at around 2:50:00: http://www.twitch.tv/stockcancelgaming/c/3912533
I have something against Twitch archives since they're a major pain in the ass to go through. If you could get some youtube vidoes I'd be pleased as punch.

Christ, I feel like people are crucifying me simply for not knowing things. I've got people PMing me who have like one post showing results and stuff. I can't be expected to know every results as they come out or know who's the best in every region or who's that one rising star, so don't expect me to put you up if I don't know your results.

So, update including videos from the most recent S@X and Polybash XIII. I also added a Crew Battle section cause why not.

Last edited:

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Hylian, I got respect for you. I think you are a really good player. You've played other good players and that's great--they vouch for your skill. I was simply countering your point-- top 9 at locals isn't a significant statistic to warrant being considered top 3 in the world. Top 9 at locals doesn't compare to top 3 or top 5 at locals, which doesn't really compare to top 9 at a national. Otherwise, I'm in complete agreement with you. If you placed in top 3 more often at the locals you do attend or do well at nationals, I can see why you belong on this list. But there are people fighting for recognition of their skill--people like Nick Riddle, Aero, etc.

With that said, I don't think you should be worried about losing the chance to teach players your style of link. You have a large fan base that likes your way of playing the character more than any other. Otherwise, your other option is to go to more tournaments and prove your style of play legitimately is a top 3 style in the world.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom