• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

emukiller, mew1king, and frozen are all better. You have some guys to compete with.

D

Deleted member

Either theres a secret kappa emote or he actually put the image itself onto here

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
If it's like Pokemon it's :kappa:

Nope

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Yeah I just embedded the image. I've been bugging some people to add it as an emote, but so far no dice.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
... Man, those Anther v/s Ally vids should totally go into Ally's section as well. While Ally doesn't quite have Metroid's raw mastery of Ike specific tech down, he is brutal with the character and has an amazing read and punish game. Plus I think he turns into some sort of hell-beast on Green Hill Zone. Anther, why would you take an Ike to Green Hill Zone ...

D

Deleted member

Also this is pretty random but I was scrolling through some of my past footage and me vs. UTDZac is super garbage. If you could delete it that would be cool but at the same time I'm being picky.

Last edited by a moderator:

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
It makes me happy to see that David got third spot for Lucario. I missed their MM though D:

ZoSo

Smash Champion
User was warned for this post
I apologize for Ken Litt/Barbie's behavior on behalf of New England. He is just too awesome, and I am a jerk for randomly brining him up.

D

Deleted member

having confidence in yourself is not bad behavior

we need more hype and tension, not more of this sissy hand-holding garbage that the community has subscribed to

i hope barbie is good as **** and ****s on everyone in this thread, including me

just bring it

didds

Smash Lord
sometimes in other cultures it's okay for two men to hold hands in a display of friendship.

but that **** lame, where's my blade?

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Having confidence isn't bad. Acting entitled and demanding credit with nothing to back it up is.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
I apologize for Ken Litt/Barbie's behavior on behalf of New England.
I want to second this.

If we want to have a discussion of "most relevant Samus" players, as far as New England goes, I think Ice Arrow is our best PM Samus, though I did not actually watch Klit play. With that said, the one week Klit came to SG (our 7th ever), I came in first, there weren't THAT many great players there (Numerics, Sora, Poob were present). He was knocked out by Roman (great but not excellent player) and Apollo Ali (who is sitting next to me and cracking up right now, because Apollo does not break top 8 very frequently). Apollo is strong, and he gets upsets (beat Slox, who placed 13th in Melee at SKtar), but if you are getting knocked out by our A string, you should probably not be lobbying that you are a world Sclass player.

With that said, I notice there's a lot of "I played with x player" or "I played with y player" from Klit, and very little of "I beat x player" or "I beat y player". That's the issue.

Smashing Grounds had 105 entrants 2 thursdays ago, and 90 entrants last thursday. It is the gold standard to prove yourself, and we have some people who regularly make top 8 there who aren't on this list (Spaz for example). I hope K Lit's outburst does not make people reflect on our region differently as he is not a spokesperson of us. Evidence- there are maybe 8 New England posters who keep up with this thread and are active. None of them are supporting Klit's claims.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
TL;dr at best people think Barbie isn't good, at worst people hate him and think he sucks

Silver lining? That's pretty good motivation I bet. Time to M2K it up.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Heysuess double 3stocked amsa at the day 2 Evo PM bracket. @ zman804 zman804 has the vids, it will be uploaded eventually. Zman pretty much ran the whole thing with a little help from metroid and I, because Chibo planned/announced/promised a 64 man PM bracket at 6pm then realized he was supposed to be doing melee doubles, the day of the events >.> Chibo took top 8 after the stream opened up, but almost ALL the hype matches and good upsets are on zman and metroid's laptops.

Lots of footage of the 4 japanese PM players that entered (amsa, Shiek, P-spirit, and a solid fox player who's name I cant remember).

zman should Also have the vids from the day 1 smaller bracket, with the most notable match imo being Metroid reseting the bracket to win vs Jaime (who couldn't make it in time for the bigger bracket, sadly).

I got 9th in the smaller bracket, Softie for top Fox confirmed. I've written guides, and after I signed up SB dropped out, no coincidence at all

Last edited:

Spralwers

Smash Ace
There was a day 2 PM tournament? Dang I missed that, I entered the day 1 PM tournament.

JaimeHR is a beast holy crap. Mad props to Metroid for that win tho

Spralwers

Smash Ace
Yeah. Chibo was streaming (as well as Zman recording mentioned above) so that'll get put up at some point. I don't know if they played GFs on Chibo's setup but it was Chibo's tourney so I imagined they did. I believe @ metroid1117 metroid1117 can clarify

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Yeah. Chibo was streaming (as well as Zman recording mentioned above) so that'll get put up at some point. I don't know if they played GFs on Chibo's setup but it was Chibo's tourney so I imagined they did. I believe @ metroid1117 metroid1117 can clarify
Isn't Zman from ProjectAZMelee? So it could be uploaded on that channel too?

zman804

Smash Ace
The Day 2 videos are being uploaded as I type. I don't know when you guys will see the end of the bracket, Chibo (from CT) demanded that they go on his channel, but last I checked he was uploading E3 vids yesterday so I guess he has a big backlog (what a pro!)

I also have the Day 2 bracket so I'll get that on here right now, so you guys can claim it for points and stuff

youtube.com/azprojectmelee

metroid1117

Smash Master
Yeah, those were played on Chibo's setup.

To clarify, there were two side tournies at Evo - the one on Friday was a small impromptu tournament organized by Chibo that had 19 entrants and I played against JaimeHR in GFs. The second tourney was on Saturday with 61 entrants that was announced by Chibo throughout the weekend but actually ran by Zman and me when Chibo realized that he had to stream Melee doubles. Both Zman and Chibo recorded matches on the Friday tournament whereas Zman and I recorded matches on the Saturday tournament. The top 5 matches were streamed by Chibo after Melee doubles finished.

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Yeah, those were played on Chibo's setup.

To clarify, there were two side tournies at Evo - the one on Friday was a small impromptu tournament organized by Chibo that had 19 entrants and I played against JaimeHR in GFs. The second tourney was on Saturday with 61 entrants that was announced by Chibo throughout the weekend but actually ran by Zman and me when Chibo realized that he had to stream Melee doubles. Both Zman and Chibo recorded matches on the Friday tournament whereas Zman and I recorded matches on the Saturday tournament. The top 5 matches were streamed by Chibo after Melee doubles finished.
I heard you and another Ike player got top 4 in the bigger PM tournie. Was that DJ Nintendo?

metroid1117

Smash Master
I heard you and another Ike player got top 4 in the bigger PM tournie. Was that DJ Nintendo?
Yup. The top 5 were the following:

1. Zero (Pit)
2. Chu Dat (Kirby)
3. DJ Nintendo (Ike)
4. metroid (Ike/Charizard)
5. K9 (MK)
5. Chillin (Wolf)

Before anyone asks, DJ and I were never able to find the time to Ike ditto and we were both knocked out by the same people in bracket; Zero beat me in WQ and DJ in WF while Chu Dat knocked me out in LS and DJ in LF. DJ definitely plays a smarter Ike than I do though.

Last edited:

metroid1117

Smash Master
Props on getting past heavyweights like K9 and Chillin though.
I beat K9, but Zman and I somehow made a mistake in seeding the bracket which caused Chillin and Chu to meet up in Losers Quarters instead of Loser semis :(. We also messed up seeding the Chicago players, causing me to take out Sago and Scythe in Losers bracket.

KinGly

Smash Journeyman
I think my friend might be the 3rd best jigglypuff in the world. He went to one tournament and placed last, but he played jigglypuff. Put him on the list. (Kappa)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom