• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Litt

Samus
Fraudulent.
I already played esam in the dittos at apex, he beat me and hes the better player, Plup doesnt even play PM samus, and Ill MM anyone else claiming they are good enough to make that fraudulent list :)

Litt

Samus
Show up to Apex and allow my Bowser to take your money please.
Yo Nick, I know reading is hard man because normally you love to just throw out a ton of moves with your over buffed character, but I said in the ditto. As for a game, if you want to MM ill take you in melee sir :)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Damn he just called Link overbuffed, even though Samus might be better!

THIS GAL IS ON A RAMPAGE!

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Oh, I read exactly what you said, I just figured a 70:30 MU is easier than a 50:50 one.
And, my over-buffed character? You play Samus, what the...

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Well......that was a nice read....Just some friendly advice...for ANYONE here...I'm sure it's nice to be recognized on a forum, but don't have it take over ŷour focus of things...If you're not being recognized, use that as motivation as well...we all started somewhere.. Lastly even if you don't make the list, don't make it the sole purpose of your existence either...Someone said it earlier, but it's not the biggest deal in the world to be recognized on a forum...I admit it's nice, but it would never stop me from playing and knowing where I stood..:) (even for a washed up scrub like me) If I caved to that..my yoshi brethren would 've put me in retirement long ago...

Tldr play for the right reasons, and for yourself...not for the acknowledgement of others....<--- the beauty of this is..if you hold true to practices like this, recognition follows closely behind..:)

Stay positive everyone <3

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
> implying the ditto determines the better player

PajamasM

Smash Cadet
I think that the main reason behind Anther being more recognized as the best pika is his actual abuse of QAC. Axe doesn,t do it that often other than for like recovery, but anther has both brawl AND melee knowledge to apply to his game. Axe is mostly a just playing a buffed melee pika. ESAM plays more like anther, but he doesn't play like a melee pika as much due to lack of experience in that game's pika. Anther really is the only one with high level know-how with both melee and brawl tactics, which is very important for this game.

D

Deleted member

just because Im in grad school and can't make it to many majors doesn't mean I dont make this list
i felt the same way for a while but i just stopped caring. its basically just ego masturbation anyway.

that said, i'd love to play you at some point.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I think that the main reason behind Anther being more recognized as the best pika is his actual abuse of QAC. Axe doesn,t do it that often other than for like recovery, but anther has both brawl AND melee knowledge to apply to his game. Axe is mostly a just playing a buffed melee pika. ESAM plays more like anther, but he doesn't play like a melee pika as much due to lack of experience in that game's pika. Anther really is the only one with high level know-how with both melee and brawl tactics, which is very important for this game.
That makes sense. I just wish anther had more results. Does he attend any weekly or monthly tournaments?

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Not that i know of, but he does play some netplay which unfortunately get zero videos...
That's a pain. I usually see Axe getting more spotlight just because he's the most consistent Pikachu mains. He places well in AZ who has some very good players.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
To say that Axe doesn't know "high level Pika stuff" just because he doesn't specialize in QAC tech is asinine. Axe is a very technical player and many top Melee players put him in their top 10. Im confident that Axe can beat more and better players than Anther with his Pikachu due to his overall skill in adaptability and the depth of his experience

What's more, I've seen Axe use QAC tech more and more each time he picks up this game, and he is more than capable of using it well. There are other technical things Axe does that I don't see Anther do much, like quick attack ledge cancels and free "Mario party" damage with A mashing in betweeen combos/during opponent lag.

I think the truth is, people got really hype over Pika dittos, which are quite rare. They made a judgement based on the end result, then tried to justify this since then by finding examples of Anther doing well in PM. I played him myself last year at Big House 3 and unless something has drastically changed with him skill-wise, I'm pretty confident in saying he has still has a ways to go before his overall skill matches or exceeds Axe's

Last edited:

PajamasM

Smash Cadet
To say that Axe doesn't know "high level Pika stuff" just because he doesn't specialize in QAC tech is asinine. Axe is a very technical player and many top Melee players put him in their top 10. Im confident that Axe can beat more and better players than Anther with his Pikachu dur to his overall skill in adaptibility and the depth of his experience.

What's more, I've seen Axe use QAC tech more and more each time he picks up this game, and he is more than capable of using it well. The are other technical things Axe does that I don't see Anther do much, like QAC ledge cancels and free "Mario party" damage with A mashing in between combos.

I think the truth is, people got really hype over Pika dittos, which are quite rare, and made a judgement based on the end result, and tried to justify this since by finding examples of Anther doing well in PM. I played him myself last year at Big House 3 and unless something has drastically changed with him skill-wise, I'm pretty confident in saying he has still has a ways to go before his overall skill matches or exceeds Axe's
I understand this, but first off, QAC stands for quick attack cancel, which is a tech where you can quick attack into the ground and get a little hop off the ground you can sneak a nair into or a double jump. Maybe you knew this but it kind of sounded like you didn't in this post, i don't mean to be mean but im just clarifying just in case. Axe does know high level pika stuff but mostly melee things (like quick attack ledge cancels and uair stuff), but so does anther, anther was a top melee pika for a while so though he might not be as good in melee, he has the knowledge that axe does and can make up for what he doesn't have in melee knowledge as much (like quick attack ledge cancels) with brawl knowledge like QAC which has more uses, and options for the most part.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I played him myself last year at Big House 3 and unless something has drastically changed with him skill-wise, I'm pretty confident in saying he has still has a ways to go before his overall skill matches or exceeds Axe's
A year is a huge time window. Hell, stuff a month old might not even be totally relevant for accurately comparing players.

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
Not implying the ditto....just that there are other amazing yoshi Mains out there in pm, and they can put me outta work. ^^
i was talking to anyone who says things like "i'll gladly MM ditto anyone on the samus list to prove im better" :v

Rizner

Smash Ace
Anther got second to ally last weekend - I think he goes to MI tournaments semi regularly. I recently played them both in bracket, they're both good. I think that axe would say anther should be 1, because axe focuses on melee? I'm honestly not sure who the is better of the two.

Ask them what they think imo.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
I understand this, but first off, QAC stands for quick attack cancel, which is a tech where you can quick attack into the ground and get a little hop off the ground you can sneak a nair into or a double jump. Maybe you knew this but it kind of sounded like you didn't in this post, i don't mean to be mean but im just clarifying just in case. Axe does know high level pika stuff but mostly melee things (like quick attack ledge cancels and uair stuff), but so does anther, anther was a top melee pika for a while so though he might not be as good in melee, he has the knowledge that axe does and can make up for what he doesn't have in melee knowledge as much (like quick attack ledge cancels) with brawl knowledge like QAC which has more uses, and options for the most part.
I know what QAC is. I can perform the tech myself, it's not very difficult to understand or execute. I simply misspoke, I'm on my phone currently. Quick attack edge cancel is what I meant to say in the 2nd paragraph. Its apparent from your message that you know very little of how much Axe plays Project M and what he knows that is game specific.

Last edited:

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
That makes sense. I just wish anther had more results. Does he attend any weekly or monthly tournaments?
You can go to his website and ask him yourself, he's always on
http://ladder.anthrzy.com/game/project-m-netplay

And yes, the big reason why most people put Anther above Axe is because Anther really abuses QaC. He is the one developing the QaC metagame as of now, and that gives him a significant advantage over Axe. Axe and Anther are super close but I think Anther's use of QaC is what puts him ahead of Axe.

And also by comparing footage between the two I think Anther has better knowledge about Project M match-ups.
Like I said, I think that they are super close, but Anther just looks much more fluid.

And I know that dittos aren't supposed to mean much, but a ditto is about as balanced as gets. They both had an equal shot at winning and Anther came out on top. Dittos shouldn't determine the better player, but they should at least count for something.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Anther got second to ally last weekend - I think he goes to MI tournaments semi regularly. I recently played them both in bracket, they're both good. I think that axe would say anther should be 1, because axe focuses on melee? I'm honestly not sure who the is better of the two.

Ask them what they think imo.
Sweet, do you know if they're uploaded to youtube at all? I'd love to add some footage of Anther.

They both had an equal shot at winning and Anther came out on top. Dittos shouldn't determine the better player, but they should at least count for something.
Oh trust me, they count for something. In the end, it's one match up, and if you master that match up then of course it's considered. It's no different from mastering any other MU.

Last edited:

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
Oh trust me, they count for something. In the end, it's one match up, and if you master that match up then of course it's considered. It's no different from mastering any other MU.
Ok thank god you aren't one of those people who seem to think that winning a ditto is meaningless. Honestly, I thought I grew up in a day an age where beating someone meant that you are better than them.

Ok so now that we are past all of that crap I'm sure you understand what I'm trying to say.

Anther beat Axe, therefore Anther > Axe

Rizner

Smash Ace
Sweet, do you know if they're uploaded to youtube at all? I'd love to add some footage of Anther.

I could look through the twitch broadcast and see about uploading something. It was at the same tournament I went to -- Rise of the Phoenix.

Rizner

Smash Ace
Double post b/c why not.

Uploaded some sets with anther for viewing pleasure.

I'm bad at youtube so the sets are often broken into two videos. So, yeah. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLo6rD2KsQ1I_5GxtCXM4fe4uDDtZIPVOz - Anther vs Ally
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLo6rD2KsQ1I9tZhcpJ4EswALANmKspjtq - Anther vs Loe1
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLo6rD2KsQ1I-GtPB3-lj1yPZeHFLwGsFt - Anther vs Ally

If you want more videos from this tournament, check out twitch.tv/xatic (he streamed this particular tournament. Not sure if he's the regular streamer for that region or not)
Let me know timestamps and I can upload them or something.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
btw, just for future reference, I'd rather have you guys not post playlists and just post the individual videos because it makes the URL's really long and I have to find the original video. It's not that big of deal and if can't avoid it, just post the playlists, but it just adds another extra layer I have to do and it gets irritating when I have to update large amounts of videos at once.

Thank you!

Rizner

Smash Ace
btw, just for future reference, I'd rather have you guys not post playlists and just post the individual videos because it makes the URL's really long and I have to find the original video. It's not that big of deal and if can't avoid it, just post the playlists, but it just adds another extra layer I have to do and it gets irritating when I have to update large amounts of videos at once.

Thank you!
Did playlists there b/c the sets are split into two videos -- actually need the whole playlist or it breaks up the set. Will make sure to do single videos in the future, though.

D

Deleted member

Work some extra grueling hours and get that free time to travel
#limitedoptions
easier said than done tho

some people just don't live in new york california or texas, or have other demanding obligations. that doesn't make them less fantastic as players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom