• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

didds

Smash Lord
I managed to get 5th at my local by lucking out with 4 byes, before being disqualified for being late to my match,

can I haz the top spot for Kranky Kong?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No

We'll consider putting you up for one of the Donger Kong spots

didds

Smash Lord
I will earn the spot and bring honor to my famiry

#inappropriatestereotypes
#imabadwhiteperson

Last edited:

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
Where are these results coming from?
Zero beat Sethlon 3-0 in Grand Finals of Infinity and Beyond last night. Videos from the stream will be up in a few days.

Last night I also got to rematch Sethlon. I took a game off him and went in for most of game 3. I haven't heard of anything from Glick in a long time, and I've been doing work against top players in Texas. I think I should be bumped up to the Number 2 Kirby in light of recent results.

(vs Sethlon) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JxTZr5e34I&feature=youtu.be

Cassio

Smash Master
Alright, I took the time to watch some Diddy videos. I know Im gonna get flack for this but:

Boss/Disqo/Junebug/Okami > Bladewise/Seagull/DLA > Luck/Abstract

Luck and Abstract had an idea of what they were doing but pretty poor banana game. Seagull, Bladewise, DLA played very smart but seemed like they didnt have certain fundamentals either with the character or the game. Disqo, Junebug, Boss and Okami are very impressive but may be held back in some aspect.

Last edited:

XXXX1000

Smash Apprentice
Yeah people's Diddy arguments have mostly been "no this guy is definitely way better" but there's so many diddy players across so many regions that it's sort of hard to keep track. Hell, you didn't even mention Gurukid or NinjaLink, and I'm sure there are even more Diddys out there. Some sort of regional would really help sort that out.

But yeah ZeRo 3-1'd Oracle, 3-0'd Sethlon (a double elim I believe), beat Awestin as well. The "no Pit in TX" john doesn't make up for all of that.

Cassio

Smash Master
Zeros a beast. He's supposedly taken a set from M2K, and has beaten Rolex too.

Disqo said he quit awhile back but he still play to my knowledge. Yes I did forget about NinjaLink and Guru, I was going mostly off the videos on the first page. I do remember seeing videos, Id put both of them along with Praxis in the Luck/Abstract Logic area. That isnt to say they arent good, theres just a lot of good diddys. And watching Boss and Junebug improved my opinion of MD/VAs skill, I was really suprised. I also think Okami could be the best diddy if he focused on just that character, its really too bad theres no videos of it. Fighting him is the reason I think Diddy is so good, he plays diddy faster than anyone Ive ever seen its like fighting a Fox or Lucas. The fact that he could be played with so much speed, pressure, and combo intensity along with all the other ways he can be played made me see the light, lol.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Questions: 5-1 or Gallo for 3rd place Pit spot? I know 5-1 has been putting in work in Wavedash Wednesdays, but I also know that Gallo has a beastly Pit.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
unless we're talking about DEHF

in which case, it's always pronounced "larry" and people will fight you otherwise

Last edited:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Alright, I took the time to watch some Diddy videos. I know Im gonna get flack for this but:

Boss/Disqo/Junebug/Okami > Bladewise/Seagull/DLA > Luck/Abstract

Luck and Abstract had an idea of what they were doing but pretty poor banana game. Seagull, Bladewise, DLA played very smart but seemed like they didnt have certain fundamentals either with the character or the game. Disqo, Junebug, Boss and Okami are very impressive but may be held back in some aspect.
You're foolish. I know how to use :diddy:'s fundamentals very well and I'm familiar with PM as of late. I just lack matchup knowledge since I've only used this character for about a month. Don't use my videos of Xanadu from Tuesday because I played like ****.

I've already discovered more things for this character then anyone you listed...

In terms of a top 3 list for :diddy: it'd probably be:
1. Junebug
2. Boss
3. Disqo

:018:

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You're foolish. I know how to use :diddy:'s fundamentals very well and I'm familiar with PM as of late. I just lack matchup knowledge since I've only used this character for about a month. Don't use my videos of Xanadu from Tuesday because I played like ****.

I've already discovered more things for this character then anyone you listed...

In terms of a top 3 list for :diddy: it'd probably be:
1. Junebug
2. Boss
3. Disqo

:018:
Discovered? Like what? I've never seen a diddy do anything I didn't already know.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I've haven't even seen him do something I've never seen before.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
>Discoveries about Diddy

Oh, you mean the Cheese? Gotcha

POOB

Smash Journeyman
In the defense of Diddy mains, Diddy is a character with a unique moveset that has a lot of room for creativity. I have a feeling that a LOT of Diddy mains have their own innovative tactics that may not be noticeable by a non-focused spectator or inexperienced opponent in that MU.

Gotta defend my nephew as a DK main ya know? :p

Chaos_Blasta

Smash Journeyman
Also, I vote for Nick Riddle to be on the top bowsers list. He shows a gameplay style that I've seen in no other Bowser except Kirk. (A gameplay style that is very good ofc)

POOB

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom