• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elza~

Smash Cadet
@ KayB KayB @Lunchables Lol, my bad. It was SUPPOSED to say "Tournament features: Lunchables, Luck, Infinity, Shokio, Dad" I wasn't in the tournament so I didn't include myself. Didn't proof read so that is my bad.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Jack was also randomly in Montreal at one point and came to our weekly and won.
Though our best players weren't really there.
At any rate I think there's a couple vids of him on the Montreal youtube channel.

Also while we're talking about Lucarios, Rongunshu from Toronto is pretty legit.

zubat

Smash Rookie
Yoshi in my opinion is a hidden top tier. Shame he has a hefty learning curve for accurate egg tossing and double jump cancelling combos

Also working on being top yoshi main atm. Next Pm national I want to MM some yoshi mains

Last edited:

Usopp

Smash Apprentice
Randomly decided to watch videos of other countries. So I was watching France project m and it was awesome lmao. JiM is such a good mario idk what they were saying but it was still hype!

TreK

Is "that guy"
Funnily enough, this was JiM's first time playing Project M, or at least attending a PM event. He mains Doc in Melee I believe. He got bopped by many in freeplay and apparently considers his performance lucky. That didn't stop him from trolling us about how PM players are free and stuff =P

Though he's proved me (and everybody else) wrong already once, I doubt he'd beat Leon or Zen, two top players from Paris who were not at this tournament. Guess we'll see, I'm hosting a PM tournament in two weeks in Paris and I believe JiM is attending. I'll post replays ^_^

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Funnily enough, this was JiM's first time playing Project M, or at least attending a PM event. He mains Doc in Melee I believe. He got bopped by many in freeplay and apparently considers his performance lucky. That didn't stop him from trolling us about how PM players are free and stuff =P

Though he's proved me (and everybody else) wrong already once, I doubt he'd beat Leon or Zen, two top players from Paris who were not at this tournament. Guess we'll see, I'm hosting a PM tournament in two weeks in Paris and I believe JiM is attending. I'll post replays ^_^
Thanks a bunch. Are you in charge of the LeFrenchMelee channel?

@ The_NZA The_NZA
From your most recent batch of videos, you seem to be missing LF between you and Numerics and this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc1AiHMxrec) video seems to be cut short.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Thanks a bunch. Are you in charge of the LeFrenchMelee channel?

@ The_NZA The_NZA
From your most recent batch of videos, you seem to be missing LF between you and Numerics and this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc1AiHMxrec) video seems to be cut short.
Twitch hates us. Some of these vids might be fixed tomorrow. I'll go check on it though.

EDIT:

Spoke to the video guy. Twitch is being ****ing weird and isn't converting everything. we've separated the vids that aren't complete into highlights on our twitch page:

http://www.twitch.tv/gameunderground/profile

I may take a crack at converting them tomorrow.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
rip this thread and all of @ KayB KayB 's hard work

You gonna keep this around as an archive thing? Cause there's still a few Montreal vids you're missing, I'll link them if you want.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Yeah linking this thread to the new one would be a great idea. It would be such a shame if all this good content was lost, never to be seen again.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I have finals next week, so don't expect anything spectacular.

I'll probably create another thread.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Beat John Numbers at Zenith. Def counts for something.
He also beat DJ Nintendo at GUTs. He's a monster.

And KayB, I was thanking you for this magnificent thread you've been so involved in.

Just a question, has anyone had issues with Twitch's Youtube conversion features ever since they instated their content ID/archive rules? The service hasn't been the same for us...it messes up our conversions ALL the time now.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Numerics to me is the most stylish Zerosuit who plays her in a way no one, including Oro, plays her. I also love how much he loves the character. Like he genuinely hopes her grab is not changed at all. He thinks that, even if it seems bad, it fits perfectly in her kit.

1FD

Smash Ace
Like he genuinely hopes her grab is not changed at all. He thinks that, even if it seems bad, it fits perfectly in her kit.
WAIT WTF people want her grab changed? That's a thing?
If crap like this is going down I will fear tomorrow even MORE now
In the 3.5 trailer they had text saying character tweaks happened across the cast and in that clip they showed a Wolf combo AS IF IMPLYING changes to him were significant over others since he was highlighted
If her grab is changed, and wolf is changed, what else is gonna go donw?
Fearsthetomorrow

Also good, love of character = best love
^works for all life stuff too ha

The_NZA

Smash Lord
WAIT WTF people want her grab changed? That's a thing?
If crap like this is going down I will fear tomorrow even MORE now
In the 3.5 trailer they had text saying character tweaks happened across the cast and in that clip they showed a Wolf combo AS IF IMPLYING changes to him were significant over others since he was highlighted
If her grab is changed, and wolf is changed, what else is gonna go donw?
Fearsthetomorrow

Also good, love of character = best love
^works for all life stuff too ha
Last I checked, Oro hates her grab. But Oro plays a pretty bare bones ZSS (which I think he's even told me). It's focused on a portion of her kit...a mix of ftilts, jabs, bairs, and a lot of CQC. Numerics juts likes shooting lasers and footdiving on the edge of platforms into uairs and whips and dumb stupid beautiful things.

1FD

Smash Ace
:happysheep:at numerics
There's a big list of people that you probs shouldn't really refer to when it comes to... exploring or discovering things, or making decisions on how to play things, and not saying oro is bad or anything and he isn't alone in that, but he's for sure on the list. no offense to most people or him or anything.
I'd sooner expect numerics, or waterfalls, or like players that aren't listed like vudjin or bamesy, or ANYONE else that loves their character to death, to be the first GOOD ZSS, or GOOD player with their whatever given character in general, than MOST of the people listed or known to be *good with said characters like those on the OP here.

And yeah I just totally stated that we haven't seen an actually good zss player yet, or a player with most characters, but there are some getting there and this is a great list of people to watch out for that probably will be the firsts.
Gotta love the char though, like rly.

And yeah :happysheep: to lovin the ish outa your char and playing
Because it's fun
And game is fun
and pm is game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom