• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players by Character

Strawhat09

Smash Journeyman
KOKingpin has a really good Ganon. Teamed with him in Dubs and proved he was solid. Also played his DDD in pools. He's really good with both.

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
between scythe and oksas, i'd have to give it to oksas when he actually cares to practice.

i had an easier time vs scythe and stric when i played them than oksas on a good day.

video footage of Apex 2013: http://www.twitch.tv/internetexplorer6/b/356821118
2.5 footage:

DJ Nintendo's Fox @ Zenith http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg_vqo7TQlQ
Cylph's Luigi @ Zenith http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snwGP1OFwu8
Cal's lucas http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxXjjsIdDz8
Cal's Fox http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRhA4vby1wQ
Oksas's Wolf: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbZeaRQuOlk

Ace55

Smash Lord
If Alpha Dash is on the Wario list I should be on it. Yomi and Jolteon can vouch for me.

Scythe

Smash Master
between scythe and oksas, i'd have to give it to oksas when he actually cares to practice.

i had an easier time vs scythe and stric when i played them than oksas on a good day.
we played one friendly at apex lol and i'm a lot better than i used to be.

Scythe

Smash Master
my point is that we only played one friendly back in early january. Things change lol. Didn't think it was that hard to understand.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i played oksas in a few friendlies at evo and wasn't particularly impressed.
1. sw
2. chillin
3. scythe

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Mizuki I would say confirmation bias since you play Oksas all the time. Oksas is familiar with your neutral game, your setups, your punishes. So I can see how it could feel a lot harder than someone you played in one friendly. I am not going to judge Oksas though since I have not played him and think videos are not a good example for the most part.

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
Meh. Sleep pn him all you like. :p

Would be nice if i was added to pit. <<

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
idk if the dude is updating this thread. i might make one if he doesn't update it properly

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
eli we're only considering you for characters you actually use in tournament
otherwise u'd be on half of the cast

Paradoxium

Smash Master
idk if the dude is updating this thread. i might make one if he doesn't update it properly
Please make a new one, this guy gives around 0.0% of ****s about this thread. Although if you do make a new thread don't forget to add me. We can't have the greatest, most humble player in the world be overlooked. It would be embarrassing to make a blunder that large of scale.

Rat

Smash Lord
What happened to chillindude829? He hasn't entered anything since march.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I'm just staring at this video with my hands under my chin

prof pro best snake forever
lol Thank you, I appreciate the kind words.
Prof, did you play melee? What character and do you have vids?
Yeah, I did and still do play Melee, but I play PM a lot more frequently.
And I main Fox in Melee, but I literally never play him in PM...because it's incredibly boring to play the same character.
And I don't have any recent vids of me playing on youtube...but I have this which was from a stream about 15 days ago http://www.twitch.tv/jolte0n/b/439407078?t=90m30s

Oh wowww, I remember this LOL this was almost 4 years ago though.

BTW, if anyone is interested, this is when I actually started playing Smash so you can see how bad I was lol....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cph1qfEa3A
It's VERYYY important that you at least watch it from 4:25 and to the end to see how in sync (and it was an accident) the music is with what is going on on the screen.

And YESSS...that was my original smash name lol.

D

Deleted member

And I main Fox in Melee, but I literally never play him in PM...because it's incredibly boring to play the same character.

you think so? i like the melee cast more in this game because i get to relearn how to use them for detail work all over again.

i think it's more like fox is just boring. because he is.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
you think so? i like the melee cast more in this game because i get to relearn how to use them for detail work all over again.

i think it's more like fox is just boring. because he is.
But Fox's design is actually fun to play as gameplay and input wise imo so I don't actually think he's boring...but I've mained fox for like 4 years, and to play him again in another game or main (keyword: main) any other Top Tier Melee character with everything laid out is boring for me.

I want to actually experiment with new things and create a metagame with new characters with new concepts.

D

Deleted member

you can definitely do that though. like i'm the best players at marth and sheik that i've seen so far but i still go into a lot of matches blind because i don't know what a lot of characters can do new and old. or the match-ups have changed. or playing to the stage has changed. i understand what you're getting at but it's a new game man, you might be selling yourself short.

i sincerely think fox is a boring character in this game. idk what it is but he definitely became "buttons the character" in the transition. shameless button mashing in melee gets fox destroyed. there's definitely some tactical difference for how fox actually plays out that makes him incredibly fun in melee and really boring in PM.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
What if I was terrible back in the day when I played melee as a child and now am learning that Marth for the first time in PM. Not like I have been playing Marth for years in melee beforehand.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
honestly, for some melee veterans (let's say C-tier and below), coming into it fresh might be a good idea. whereas someone like kage would likely still be playing a more melee-ish ganon play, a theoretical similarly-skilled ganon player who has only played him in P:M has already gotten the proper mindset of playing differently to fit with his new moves, because he didn't have to unlearn certain habits that don't work as well in P:M.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
you can definitely do that though. like i'm the best players at marth and sheik that i've seen so far but i still go into a lot of matches blind because i don't know what a lot of characters can do new and old. or the match-ups have changed. or playing to the stage has changed. i understand what you're getting at but it's a new game man, you might be selling yourself short.

i sincerely think fox is a boring character in this game. idk what it is but he definitely became "buttons the character" in the transition. shameless button mashing in melee gets fox destroyed. there's definitely some tactical difference for how fox actually plays out that makes him incredibly fun in melee and really boring in PM.
I honestly don't think I'm selling myself short by not maining a Top Tier Melee character.
I already know that there are slight variations, new MU's and new stages...but those differences don't compare to the tons of fun I have playing COMPLETELY new characters.

And shamelessly mashing gets you destroyed period...I don't really know nor understand how you feel button mashing is ok for Fox in PM but not Melee, but.....OK, I guess lol.

Top Bottom