• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 5 worst movies you've ever seen

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Heres my list

5.Fat Albert
4.Twilight
3.Batman & Robin
2.Super Mario Bros. Movie(although I did enjoy that one AND it was nominated for an Oscar, which are why its 2)
1.Dragonball:Evolution

Note: I have not seen the Last Airbender yet, but with the things iv heard, itll probably make the list.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Moving this to the media metropolis. The PRoom isn't the place for movie related stuff.

No guarantees on what happens when I move it there, though.

July

Smash Apprentice
5) Inglorious Basterds (everyone tells me they loved this movie but it was just too drawn out for me, apparently I'm not a Tarantino fan)
4) Jennifer's Body
3) Epic Movie
2) Bruno
1) Black Christmas

I've seen so many bad movies, these are just the first that come to mind

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Dragonball: Evo
The Mummy 3
Spiderman 3
The Last Airbender

hmmm, I can't recall another (I haven't actually seen a Twilight movie)

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
5) Inglorious Basterds (everyone tells me they loved this movie but it was just too drawn out for me, apparently I'm not a Tarantino fan)
4) Jennifer's Body
3) Epic Movie
2) Bruno
1) Black Christmas

I've seen so many bad movies, these are just the first that come to mind
You obviously haven't seen that many bad movies if Basterds or Bruno are in your top 5.

WiyamMang

Smash Journeyman
What a topic. I can't even give you a straight answer without getting technical. I've seen movies so bad, they're good. If that makes any sense, you know how hard it is to compile a list...

5) Any movie Post-90's George Lucas has made
4) Any movie Uwe Boll has made
3) Any movie Michael Moore has made
2) Any movie Michael Bay has made
1) Any movie with Shia Labeouf (if he stepped foot on the set, I already get the feeling, it'll suck)

Liquid-117

Smash Apprentice
5:Street fighter. Movie
4:Deep blue sea
3:Mission to mars
2:You, Me and Dupree
1:Epic movie(more like epic fail)

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Wow. Synecdoche, New York is my #1 film of the 2000s. I can understand disliking it, but calling it one of the five worst movies you've ever seen is ******** just like pretty much everything else in this thread.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
WHOA WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH

Shoot Em Up was great

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Synedouche is completely self absorb. It crafts a world that makes no sense and feels no reason to explain itself.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
hmm hard to say the worst 5 but i will give u what i think of

5: street fighter the movie
4: dragonball evo
3: street fighter the chun li one
2: Jack
1: Catwomen (imo the worst movie ever made)

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt when you say that and just assume you don't mean that. You HAVE SEEN a Michael Bay film before.
All Michael Bay movies are not equal. Armageddon, Transformers 1, Independence Day, The Rock are all enjoyable movies. Also, all Michael Bay movies are better than any of the films I chose.

Synedouche is completely self absorb. It crafts a world that makes no sense and feels no reason to explain itself.
Wow, insightful!

To me, Synecdoche is the greatest film that details the relationship between man and the art he creates. I'm not going to go on because I could write a book about it and you clearly aren't interested, but I take it you don't watch a lot of movies, or don't like to think about them too much.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
dayum, Toilet knows what he likes

makes me want to see Synedoche now

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Wut @people dissing the room. It was a great comedy.
;P

I can understand disliking it, but calling it one of the five worst movies you've ever seen is ******** just like pretty much everything else in this thread.
:rolleyes:

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Wut @people dissing the room. It was a great comedy.
;P

:rolleyes:
I'm not sure what specifically you're rolleyesing at, but come on. This thread already has Inglourious Basterds, Bruno, Synecdoche, Deep Blue Sea, Spiderman 3. This wouldn't bug me if the thread was called "movies you really hated" or something, rather than "worst movies you've ever seen". Really? Really?

I'll be the first to admit that I watch a ****load of movies, probably a good number more than anyone in this thread but you people are listing popular and often critically acclaimed films. Everyone in here has seen worse films than Spiderman 3, I know you have.

edit:

On the subject of The Room, it was a tough decision to put that on my list. It is an exceedingly entertaining movie, especially if you watch it with a crowd. But it's just because it is such a colossal failure in every aspect. However, I still would consider it a "better" movie than something like Ax 'em, which looks like it was filmed with vaseline on the camera lens, and recorded with a built-in camcorder mic. Hell, I would even consider The Room better than The Happening, which is bad and not even in a funny or entertaining way.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
but I take it you don't watch a lot of movies, or don't like to think about them too much.
lol, you make a lot of uncalled for stupid, degrading assumptions about people you know that? Honestly, go **** yourself ya little pretentious ****. For your information I DO watch a lot of movies, and I DO like to think about an analyze them. What I don't like is a movie that's screen play feels like nothing more than mental masturbation. Synedouche doesn't craft any sort of believability within its world. I'm fine with absuridst things, but even within absurd art there is a sense of concrete world. I'm somehow suppose to believe that this one man has followed our main character for all these years, knowing that this play would be created, or that the psychiatrist is some kind of deity? There are select few, and rather pointless, sections of the movie that have this magic reality quality that the rest of the movie doesn't adhere too, destroying any sense of congenuity to me. One moment I feel like I'm watching John Steinbeck (cold, harsh, and painfully realistic) the next I'm suddenly delving into the world of Italo Calvino and Umberto Eco (full of a world of unreal things, crafted in a believable sense).

I too could write a book of my complaints I have with this movie, though that would mean I'd have to watch it again, (though do note that none of that goes towards the cast, Hoffman is up and beyound my favorite actor alive and working today) and I'd rather drag myself through Interiors by Woody Allen, because at least then I would be watching a good movie.

often critically acclaimed films.
lol like that matters.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
lol, you make a lot of uncalled for stupid, degrading assumptions about people you know that? Honestly, go **** yourself ya little pretentious ****. For your information I DO watch a lot of movies, and I DO like to think about an analyze them. What I don't like is a movie that's screen play feels like nothing more than mental masturbation. Synedouche doesn't craft any sort of believability within its world. I'm fine with absuridst things, but even within absurd art there is a sense of concrete world. I'm somehow suppose to believe that this one man has followed our main character for all these years, knowing that this play would be created, or that the psychiatrist is some kind of deity? There are select few, and rather pointless, sections of the movie that have this magic reality quality that the rest of the movie doesn't adhere too, destroying any sense of congenuity to me. One moment I feel like I'm watching John Steinbeck (cold, harsh, and painfully realistic) the next I'm suddenly delving into the world of Italo Calvino and Umberto Eco (full of a world of unreal things, crafted in a believable sense).

I too could write a book of my complaints I have with this movie, though that would mean I'd have to watch it again, (though do note that none of that goes towards the cast, Hoffman is up and beyound my favorite actor alive and working today) and I'd rather drag myself through Interiors by Woody Allen, because at least then I would be watching a good movie.

lol like that matters.
I would have not said that in the first place if you posted this originally. Instead you said what amounted to "I didn't understand it, so it was self-absorbed and one of the worst films I've ever seen in my life."

There is a consistency to the surrealism in Synecdoche. The film is deliberately impossible through and through. The very fundamental and literal concept of the film is that a guy builds a life-size replica of New York City...inside a warehouse that is in New York City. You went into this film from a logical standpoint? You somehow take an issue with the logical fallacy of Sammy following Caden his entire life, when the entire film is based on logical fallacies? It seems like you're just nitpicking things you didn't like and not sitting back and thinking about the overall subject. It's a film that is about life itself, and people. Every person. You and me, no matter what our individual life scenarios we are the same.

I'm not gonna try and convert someone because, trust me, I've tried in vain to get people into this movie. It just works or it doesn't. To me, it's a revelation.

In any case, I still think it's an exaggeration to say it's one of the worst 5 films ever.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
What's with people saying The Room?

The Room is one of the greatest (and most cringe-worthy) cinematic masterpieces I have ever seen.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
No, I never once said anything about understanding the film. AGAIN, you are making assumptions and again, you are being incredibly pretentious. And again, your a little clitt. Honestly, your post within this thread have amounted to nothing more than pretentious snobbery, just like Synedouche. "You only put that film on your list because you don't know what I KNOW!"

Ahh bull **** to all of what you just said. The writer even said in an interview that he didn't know what it was about. the film is grade A pointless artistic snobbery at its worst. I could go into detail and further express why I hate this movie and never plan to watch it again, but you'll simply discuse that as me not being up to your ****in level ya little prick.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I think he's mad because I called him a pretentious douche in this thread. In fact, in that thread he even says "If YOU understood music theory, then you would know how a sound is derived is irrelevant, and that how long a song is says nothing about its structure."

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=279788&page=2

so he decided to call me pretentious in this thread...over and over again. Touche, crashic. touche. :F I wonder why you'd look up an interview with the artist who made one of the worst five films ever but okay. I haven't seen said quote so if you could point me in that direction that'd be cool.

okay, sure , I assumed you didn't grasp what the film was trying to do because you were hung up on insignificant plot details (which weren't meant to be taken literally) and never said anything about the overall film or the ideas it conveyed. I'm a horrible person.

but anyways, **** off. I'm just trying to understand why someone would pick a well-composed, well-acted, unique film for this list (regardless of subjective feelings on it) when there is **** like this being made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYXRD_jOO48

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Hold it Luigi,

1. That's a DEFINABLE thing. You are attacking someone opinion and saying that they just don't know what you know. There is a substantial difference.
2. Underloaded edited his post shortly after he posted it, and he claimed that I didn't think Sigur Ros was post-rock because I didn't understand music theory. "If you understood music theory at all you. . . "
3. I never even clicked back on that thread because arguing about music on Smashboards is as productive as talking to the Islamic High Conceal about the history of human rights. Sorry, but I don't want to argue with people about the classification of a band that bases that entirely on some sort of unprovable notion.

Honestly Luigi, how can you look at your behavior in this thread and call it anything LESS than pretentious. you've called people ******** for disliking a movie, you've claimed that your 100 percent undefinable opinion of what movies should be allowed on these list is more valid than others. YES. YOU ARE A HORRIBLE PERSON. YOU TELL PEOPLE NOT TO LIKE OR DISLIKE SOMETHING AND CLAIM THAT THEY ONLY THINK THAT WAY BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW. This is not isolated to this single thread either, but is pretty typical for your entire activity in Media Metropolis. The only arguments I have had on Media are for more definable things, and with McCloud over stupid race ****. You on the other hand insult other people's opinons directly and belittle them for it. Honestly, go to ****in hell ya *****. I'm a laugh if I get infracted for this argument, I probably will, but the only person whose activity in this thread that is unjustifiable is yours.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
This wouldn't bug me if the thread was called "movies you really hated" or something, rather than "worst movies you've ever seen".
Either way I'm sure most people are speaking from a subjective standpoint, which is what I was eyerollsing at; calling someone ******** from listing their personal least favorite films. I guess I understand where you're coming from, though.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Yeah, ladies. Cool your ****.

OOO, speaking of brutal movies:

Anyone seen Old Dog?

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
The Human Centipede
Lady in the Water
Ticked Off ******** With Knives (though it was enjoyable, haha)
Top Gun

Top Bottom