• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Top 5 Notable Players from their respective characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

:4dedede:: KingJames should be added in, I feel. @CaptainVul got 33rd at Dismantle 2, but I'm unaware of his other results.
:4charizard:: Shadow placed rather highly at BH5, just outside outside of top 32. RIP|Merrick RIP|Merrick can back me up on this.
:4palutena:: IceNinja is definitely a must. Prince Ramen is a solo Palutena main ranked #1 here on Central Florida PR.
:4samus:: Depth should be 5th place for Samus.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

is this just north america? if its including japan theres so many people missing
:4bowser:should add lordmix, cassius, and zork
:4cloud:should be komorikiri/tweek/nicko instead of markus
:4falcon:fatality/tearbear is arguable. Fatality has better placements at nationals (fatality top 4 at smashcon and top 32 at g3 outplacing tearbear) and tearbear is more consistent with better wins (tearbear beating larrylurr and fatality losing to him, tearbear beating nietono x2) so idk for now. Seiya and Pichi are the best falcons in japan and have placed probably better than demitus and sethsational
:4diddy: nietono (jpn) instead of jjrockets
:4dk:larrylurr (socal)
:4fox:VoiD (socal). Hes beaten larry twice with fox and won a tourney over him
:4gaw:songun (jpn)
:4miigun:Rom (jpn)
:4littlemac:chota (mexico)
:4mario:teb (norcal) instead of xeroxen
:4marth:nicko (socal)
:4megaman:kamemushi (jpn) instead of smasher1001
:4mewtwo:rich brown (socal), mew squared (tx)
:4palutena:tltc (socal), prince ramen (fl), iceninja (canada)
:4peach:umeki (jpn) is the 2nd best peach currently
:4pikachu:captain L (canada)
:4samus:afrosmash (europe) and depth (Fl) instead of tantalus
:4sheik:edge over rain but i could see either way tbh
:4shulk:nicko (socal), tremendo dude (fl)
:4tlink:hayato (jpn) instead of *****, manzoku (jpn) instead of 3xa, jash (ny) instead of muse
:4wario2:abadango doesnt use wario anymore. nasubi (jpn), jeepysol (norcal), c4 (norcal)

Jdawg26

Smash Apprentice
You know, wouldn't the best way to do this be to ask the character boards as well as results? Lots of regional/personal bias floating around the thread.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
:4zelda: - ven, Zolda, Zylach, Fairess, Purple Guy (Ed)

:4peach: - Slayerz, Crow, Kie, Umeki, Samsora

:4wiifitm: - John#s, RIN, Waveguider, Wii Twerk Trainer, ANTi

:4ness: - FOW, Shaky, Ribs, NAKAT, SS

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
:4charizard:: Shadow placed rather highly at BH5, just outside outside of top 32. RIP|Merrick RIP|Merrick can back me up on this.
@Shadow7474 made it to phase 2 pools, tying for seventh in his pools, going all Charizard throughout all of phase 1 and phase 2. While the other results he gets beyond The Big House 5 don't hold much weight considering we're from West Michigan and the scope and size of our tournaments, he places consistently strong here and is definitely someone to keep an eye out for. Be on the lookout at Youmacon (I assume they're hosting Smash 4 again?) and The Big House 6, and whatever other regionals or other majors he can attend.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
CHOMPY CHOMPY HOW IS TKBREEZY ON THERE BUT NOT WAVEGUIDER? WAVEGUIDER GOT 7TH IN BAM7 ONE OF AUS'S BIGGEST TOURNAMENTS.

Meanwhile, TK can't even get passed 13th at a local.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Took me a half hour to read through all the posts and update them.

Keep in mind again that we can only fit 5 names. If the names are full and there's someone missing, please let me know what should be replaced.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Lots of bias floating around in this thread
For clarification
There's two Jerms, a wifi Shulk from Canada
Texas Robin who places relatively well

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
I don't understand why Nairo is on Doc. He used him in one set and never again. Not even for half a tournament, a set.
Well, he won with him against someone he had a bad tournament record with. He's essentially a secondary now, especially considering he pulled him out against Esam again at Genesis (It didn't work out, but he tried).
is this just north america? if its including japan theres so many people missing
The original list I made was NA only; right now we're adding everyone else in.

Djent

Smash Champion
:4bowserjr: Japan has Hatsuyuki and Omochi, both of whom have cracked top 8/16 at well-attended events. But I'm not sure how they compare to #s 3-5.
:4falcon: Saiya and Pichi should definitely be ahead of Acid. I'm tempted to say Souther should get the 5th slot (he's finished top 8 at a 200+ man tournament). Being ahead of Tearbear/Fatalit is definitely debateable for any of these guys, though.
:4darkpit: Paseriman plays him, using him to help secure a win vs. Komorikiri's Cloud at Pre KVO. Pasutaa uses him as well IIRC but doesn't normally place high.
:4dk: Larry's DK should probably be #2 TBH. He actually snagged a win vs. ESAM in their exhibition and apparently he's beaten some good Sheiks too. 2nd best DK is kind of far off Will, in any case.
:4fox: How in the hell is SH not on this list? He won the Sumabato qualifiers (250+ people) over great players like Abadango and Nietono, and frequently finished top 5 at Karisuma events before that.
:4gaw: Songun deserves the #2 slot for sure. He hasn't done much recently but with wins over the likes of Rain, it's kind of hard to argue he belongs beneath GimR.
:4ganondorf: Pon from Japan has a very strong Ganondorf that he used to crack top 16 at the small, but highly competitive, Umebura Genesis Cup. Can't see him lower than #2 TBH.
:4dedede: Does shrooby still play him? I know he had a win vs. ConCon and did pretty well at a few Fire & Dice tournaments. You've got an empty slot here, at least.
:4link: T finished 17th out of 320 at the Umebura qualifiers. He should definitely be on your list, probably no lower than #3 depending on how you think that stacks up with the others.
:4lucario: Motsunabe won an Umebura and got top 12 at the stacked qualifiers, so he should realistically be #1 here. Kami and Day are both strong, but haven't done anything comparable AFAIK.
:4mario: Ron has only been to like one offline tournament, but he beat Kie and 9B there. Definitely someone to keep an eye on, though I'm not sure he deserves a rank yet. FILIP is also a consistent threat in Japan (comparable to Dan at least).
:4olimar: Shuton always wins the Shulla-Bra events, has cracked top 8 at Sumabato before, and finished like 25th at the Sumabato qualifiers. He deserves a spot, probably like #3 or something IDK.
:4palutena: Why is IceNinja below Ryo? Dude has way better wins with Palu (and actually mains her, unlike Ryo who uses her when goofing off).
:4pit: Paseriman is definitely #2 here, he's beaten Komorikiri and finished high at several large Japanese tournaments. No contest he is better than Kira/PF.
:4rob: How do you have OCEAN and Gyo below Mister Eric? Both have better wins than him AFAIK (though OCEAN doesn't show up to much).
:rosalina: Kirihara definitely deserves 2nd; 4th @ Umebura F.A.T. and G.C. cements it. Ray should be third. Both are better than Xaltis and Falln.
:4ryu: Honestly? Put Trela over 9B; he's waaay more consistent. I'm also tempted to say DJ Jack over Venom because of his wins on ESAM/Trela, but maybe Venom has wins I'm not aware of.
:4sheik: VoiD should definitely move ahead of Vinnie lol. In fact, since Vinnie's retiring it might make sense to give his spot to Edge, a west Japanese Sheik who reliably gets top 8 at Sumabatos and other large events.
:4tlink: Sigma deserves serious consideration for the 2nd best slot, having placed 13th at the Umebura quals (320 people) and 7th at the Sumabato quals (250+ people). Hayato. also has better wins than Manzoku and should replace him IMO.
:4yoshi: The Wall should probably be 1st as he has the best wins AFAIK. DIO (from Japan) should be up there too; he gets top 8 at Karisuma events and sometimes cracks top 16 at bigger ones too.
:4zss: Marss belongs ahead of Nick Riddle. I would have said Choco does too, but he's been slumping hard so it's kind of hard to say.

EDIT: corrected Ryu section.

Last edited:

The Wall

You PC Bro?!
NNID
Zefwano
3DS FC
4356-0548-2157
As with what everyone else seems to say, there's a massive debate about who is the best Yoshi. Firefly had his Pax run, Raptor beat Ryo 2-0 at Genesis, yet we tied in placings. Honestly if anything swapped I really wouldn't care. We have 3 Yoshi's who are well known to get at least decent placings and are working on the meta.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
These threads generally are bad ideas because discussion gets heated up very quickly. I'll keep a close eye on this.

Also, Not sure why King Kong isn't listed as Bowser, just recently he beat Venom and Kels.
:196:

Ludiloco

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ludiloco
I'll vouch for P2P with Gibus for Greninja. Can win Shockwaves in DFW area which are relatively large.

Techei has made big strides over the last few months but I still do not feel he is a very strong representative for the character.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Regarding Greninja, I'd personally say that iStudying is the #1, being 2nd in the Netherlands PR for quite some time. Unfortunately Some hasn't really put up as strong results in the past few months and he's also likely switching from Greninja to Sheik. Alternatively, other solid choices for some of the best are present on this thread, including ones already listed.

Regarding Brawler, he's a very rare occurrence. Looking at recent PRs alone (November or later), there are ones present in Arkansas, Missouri, Iowa, North Carolina, Nova Scotia, and Puerto Rico. Rulesets and the like almost definitely will vary across these areas.

Last edited:

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Top 4 for :rosalina: are perfect and in perfect order, idk who'd be 5th so I trust you guys's on that one.

Also True Blue should be 5th for :4sonic:. He's recently beaten MVD in tournament.

Also our girl Jeezrick has been doing well with :4pacman: she took a game off Myran recently in tourney. Also how is Abadango not on Pac-Man?

Fierce is also a pretty good :4link: down here.

DJ Jack should be 3rd on :4ryu: He beat Trela in the ditto at Genesis 3, but Trela out placed him so idk who should be above who.

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
If it's any help, the Ganon boards have a community tier list.

http://smashboards.com/threads/hierarchies-of-power-the-ganon-community-tier-list.393614/

Granted, we do consider more than tourney results alone (mostly videos from said tournaments to prove good players were beaten and not just having climbed the mountain, as it were, on the backs of intermediate players). If we're to consider results alone, GanonTheBeast has the best results of us all though, in terms of sheer numbers. Though, again, that's why, as I mentioned, tourney videos are usually needed to supplement placings. Gungnir is a bit of an outlier, since he has placed well in the very few tourneys he attended in the 3DS era and we feel it'd be a bit dishonest to exclude what we know is top-level talent on the basis of technicalities.

Make of it what you will. :p

Last edited:

Fierce66

Smash Rookie
Izaw needs to head the Link section. Played him at Genesis and watched him play. He almost went even with 8bitman and took Fatality to last hit last stock on game 3 of a set. Scizor is very close.
Im certain I'm the best Link in Florida and KirinBlaze deserves to be here as well.

Fierce66

Smash Rookie
TrueBlue I feel is a little under represented as Sonic. He has taken out multiple top players from Florida. Not sure of Kels' results again top players recently, though

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
(DJ Jack here)

I feel as if Trela should be above 9B; he's shown to be much more consistent and has proven on various accounts to be a major threat by taking out so many big names in tournament. I should mention he was also the highest placing Ryu at Genesis.

As much as I love Venom's Ryu and acknowledge the great accomplishments he's made over at one of the more recent KTAR, I would say I have the slight edge over him for now. I'm fairly consistent when I go to tournaments and have taken out multiple big names recently such as Myran/ESAM/Trela/C4/Nick Riddle/Xaltis/EKing (#5 in Puerto Rico who also beat MJG at Genesis)/etc.In the end, I wouldn't be bothered if he stayed at #3 because he might have some better results outside of KTAR, but I'm posting for the sake of accuracy.

True Blue (Sonic main from FL who's 2nd best right behind StaticManny) should be taken into consideration for a spot on the list as well.

Last edited:

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
I will nominate Nick Riddle for Mii Brawler. Also Nekokatsu for Game and Wach, the best in that character from south america.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

:4bowserjr: Japan has Hatsuyuki and Omochi, both of whom have cracked top 8/16 at well-attended events. But I'm not sure how they compare to #s 3-5.
:4falcon: Saiya and Pichi should definitely be ahead of Acid. I'm tempted to say Souther should get the 5th slot (he's finished top 8 at a 200+ man tournament). Being ahead of Tearbear/Fatalit is definitely debateable for any of these guys, though.
:4darkpit: Paseriman plays him, using him to help secure a win vs. Komorikiri's Cloud at Pre KVO. Pasutaa uses him as well IIRC but doesn't normally place high.
:4dk: Larry's DK should probably be #2 TBH. He actually snagged a win vs. ESAM in their exhibition and apparently he's beaten some good Sheiks too. 2nd best DK is kind of far off Will, in any case.
:4fox: How in the hell is SH not on this list? He won the Sumabato qualifiers (250+ people) over great players like Abadango and Nietono, and frequently finished top 5 at Karisuma events before that.
:4gaw: Songun deserves the #2 slot for sure. He hasn't done much recently but with wins over the likes of Rain, it's kind of hard to argue he belongs beneath GimR.
:4ganondorf: Pon from Japan has a very strong Ganondorf that he used to crack top 16 at the small, but highly competitive, Umebura Genesis Cup. Can't see him lower than #2 TBH.
:4dedede: Does shrooby still play him? I know he had a win vs. ConCon and did pretty well at a few Fire & Dice tournaments. You've got an empty slot here, at least.
:4link: T finished 17th out of 320 at the Umebura qualifiers. He should definitely be on your list, probably no lower than #3 depending on how you think that stacks up with the others.
:4lucario: Motsunabe won an Umebura and got top 12 at the stacked qualifiers, so he should realistically be #1 here. Kami and Day are both strong, but haven't done anything comparable AFAIK.
:4mario: Ron has only been to like one offline tournament, but he beat Kie and 9B there. Definitely someone to keep an eye on, though I'm not sure he deserves a rank yet. FILIP is also a consistent threat in Japan (comparable to Dan at least).
:4olimar: Shuton always wins the Shulla-Bra events, has cracked top 8 at Sumabato before, and finished like 25th at the Sumabato qualifiers. He deserves a spot, probably like #3 or something IDK.
:4palutena: Why is IceNinja below Ryo? Dude has way better wins with Palu (and actually mains her, unlike Ryo who uses her when goofing off).
:4pit: Paseriman is definitely #2 here, he's beaten Komorikiri and finished high at several large Japanese tournaments. No contest he is better than Kira/PF.
:4rob: How do you have OCEAN and Gyo below Mister Eric? Both have better wins than him AFAIK (though OCEAN doesn't show up to much).
:rosalina: Kirihara definitely deserves 2nd; 4th @ Umebura F.A.T. and G.C. cements it. Ray should be third. Both are better than Xaltis and Falln.
:4ryu: Honestly? Put Trela over 9B; he's waaay more consistent. I'm also tempted to say DJ Jack over Venom because of his wins on ESAM/9B, but maybe Venom has wins I'm not aware of.
:4sheik: VoiD should definitely move ahead of Vinnie lol. In fact, since Vinnie's retiring it might make sense to give his spot to Edge, a west Japanese Sheik who reliably gets top 8 at Sumabatos and other large events.
:4tlink: Sigma deserves serious consideration for the 2nd best slot, having placed 13th at the Umebura quals (320 people) and 7th at the Sumabato quals (250+ people). Hayato. also has better wins than Manzoku and should replace him IMO.
:4yoshi: The Wall should probably be 1st as he has the best wins AFAIK. DIO (from Japan) should be up there too; he gets top 8 at Karisuma events and sometimes cracks top 16 at bigger ones too.
:4zss: Marss belongs ahead of Nick Riddle. I would have said Choco too, but he's been slumping hard so it's kind of hard to say.
i can agree with everything here except the personal bias of myself over sigma. I have better wins than him, but i would say he is over manzoku at that point. Hyuga, me, sigma, hayato, manzoku/jash would be my 2cents

edit: i suggest rain over markus or mew2king for :4cloud:since either havent really done anything with him.
also, ImHip for :4duckhunt:
again, Nicko for :4shulk:since i have no clue who half those people are and Nicko is ranked in SoCal with Marth/Shulk/Cloud. Hes beaten Rich Brown/K9/Zenyou/Cacogen, thats really good lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Solreth

Smash Apprentice
Its an honor to be voted in at the forefront of mac-nation! Thanks for the nod and cool thread! Make sure to consider Styles and Japan too!

Last edited:

HoSmash4

Smash Ace
Paserimen should be #2 Pit honestly. Top 8 at Japan tournaments is better than all of what the other pits sans Earth have done.

Add Catana for link, top 5 in NL.

I'd put Dath over Raziek, I think Dath has better results in a much stronger region. Raziek flopped in pools at G3.

Last edited:

Solreth

Smash Apprentice
Although the ditto alone means nothing, DJ Jack has double eliminated Esam and just beat Trela in the Ryu Ditto this past weekend, id at least nominate him to third. Im naive on such things though, so grain of salt!

Solreth

Smash Apprentice
Izaw needs to head the Link section. Played him at Genesis and watched him play. He almost went even with 8bitman and took Fatality to last hit last stock on game 3 of a set. Scizor is very close.
Im certain I'm the best Link in Florida and KirinBlaze deserves to be here as well.
I dont know ive heard good things about Ugur!

*ducks and runs*

epicnights

Smash Apprentice
NNID
epicnights
I'd also vouch for Catana for Link, consistently places within top 4 at tourneys and is 4th on the Netherlands PR last time I checked. Hasn't come to any US majors due to expenses however, hopefully that changes in the near future.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Waymas for Wario. Over Tweek.

Tweek's a Wario pocket who doesn't exactly play him optimally. Waymas is one of the best players of this character in a region as strong as Mexico, ranked 4th in the PR.

Last edited:

Regralht

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Regralht
@Xanos is arguably the best Lucas (possibly also the 5th best ness). He's PRd in Georgia (his old tag is Kodystri if you want to look up past results)

Imo the best yoshi is still Raptor. Although him and The Wall tied at G3, Raptor has better wins there (and overall in his region too, tristate is much better than texas) + since he went into losers earlier, he had to play more sets. The actual placement at a tournament doesn't really matter as much as how you got there

Interrobang!?

Smash Rookie
In the UK, we have:

J.Miller for Luigi - lots of amazing placings, including winning BEAST last year and consistently placing high at DBZ, a london major.

Plastic Poptart for Pit - pretty much one of the UK's top players (also uses ZSS, but a Pit main) and came third at the most recent DBZ. Often wins London weeklies with 35+ people.

Aera for Greninja - best player in Wales. Hasn't done amazing at DBZ, but has placed top 3 at monthlies with 50-60 people consistently.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
A lot of people using PRs as reasons to list players but some regions like Midwest are arguably better than England for example
Regional strength should be a huge factor when it comes to local major placings tbh

Girthquake

Smash Journeyman
NNID
R0cco_Siffredi
Cook on DDD? Lmfao what a joke. Jdawg belongs on that list a million times over before he does.

Interrobang!?

Smash Rookie
A lot of people using PRs as reasons to list players but some regions like Midwest are arguably better than England for example
Regional strength should be a huge factor when it comes to local major placings tbh
I absolutely agree with this - as was evidenced that the best British placing at Genesis was 65th (I think). Still, I would argue that the players I've listed would give a lot of players on the rankings a good run for their money on character specific terms. It's like I'm arguing that someone should be on the list because they're fourth on the PR for York, for example. The three I mentioned have all placed well in tournaments of 150+ players (like DBZ7).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom