• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 5 Comic Book Movies

MisterDrBob

Smash Apprentice
What are your top 5 favorite comic book movies and why?

1. Spider-Man 2 (2004- Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, Alfred Molina): 1 and 3 were good, but 2 really blew me away. Sure Peter can be really stupid when it comes to women, but what they had with Doc Ock made up for it. There should have been more of him, but it's a great movie.

2. Iron Man (2008- Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Terrence Howard): It just rocks. Plain and simple.

3. Batman (1989- Michael Keaton, Jack Nicholson, Kim Bassinger): I don't even like DC and I love this movie! I love the Joker. I can't wait to see how Heath Ledger did as him in the new one.

4. X-Men (2000- Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellan): They took a property with a crapload of characters and made it work by only focusing on a few central plot important, and giving some others cameos. (hint hint Street Fighter?)

5. The Mask (1994- Jim Carrey, Cameron Diaz, Peter Greene): It's my understanding that it had little to do with the pretty obscure comic, but this film is just too funny! I love the Cuban Pete scene. Great acting, and some pretty memorable moments and gags.

MojoMan

Smash Ace
#1 Iron Man
#2 Batman with Jack Nicolson as Joker
#3 Spiderman 2
#4 Batman begins
#5 I don't hae a 5 ywt, but hopfully dark knight will be on the list.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
1.) X-Men II: X-Men United - First to truly set the benchmark for epic comic book movies.
2.) Iron Man - Downey Jr. owned Stark's character.
3.) Batman Begins - The only Batman movie to really catch my attention.
4.) Spider Man - Incredibly faithful reimagining of the Spider Man comic book.
5.) The Incredible Hulk - Two words: HULK SMASH!

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
1. The Dark Knight
2. Sin City
3.Spiderman 2
4. Batman Begins
5. X-Men

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Top Five
1. The Dark Knight
2. Sipder-Man 2
3. The Crow
4. Superman 2
5. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

Bonus Worst five
1. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
2. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
3. V for Vendetta
4. Howard the Duck
5. The Incredible Hulk

Darn near perfect list. You left off "Hulk", but I suppose Catwoman did need to be on there twice.
The 2003 Hulk was actually a good movie. The new Hulk is the most boring action flick I've ever seen.

Amigo

Smash Cadet
Bonus Worst five
Whaaaaaaaat? It's got Silver Surfer in it, that means it's pure ownage!

My list goes a little something like this:
1. The Dark Knight
2. Spiderman 2
3. Ironman
4. Batman Begins
5. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer OR Batman Forver

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
1.) Dark Knight (it was a close one, though)
2.) Iron Man
3.) Daredevil
4.) Spider-Man 3 (only 'cause Venom was sickly cool, though I was P.O'd that he had such little screen time...)
5.) X-Men III

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well.. mine would have to be...

1. Batman (1989 was the best one EVER!)
2. Spider Man
3. X-Men
4.The Incrdible Hulk
5. Spider Man 3

4.) Spider-Man 3 (only 'cause Venom was sickly cool, though I was P.O'd that he had such little screen time...)
are you serious!! Venom didn't look anything like himself, he was suppose to be big and buff and instead it turned out to be a dissapointing look a like

Symphony X

Smash Lord
Darn near perfect list. You left off "Hulk", but I suppose Catwoman did need to be on there twice.
Those were my thoughts exactly.

Top Five
1. The Dark Knight
2. Sipder-Man 2
3. The Crow
4. Superman 2
5. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

Bonus Worst five
2. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
3. V for Vendetta
4. Howard the Duck
5. The Incredible Hulk

The 2003 Hulk was actually a good movie. The new Hulk is the most boring action flick I've ever seen.
Heh.
Our opinions on comic book movies are almost opposite.

For one, I didn't much like The Dark Knight. (Oh noes! But it had Heath Ledger!)
Spiderman 2 was really lame.
And I'm not a fan of the Superman movies.

I loved V For Vendetta and LXG.
Silver Surfer was good.

And the new Hulk was -way- better than the 2003 one.

MisterDrBob

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone else dreading the new Superman movie? I thought Superman Returns was really stupid, and to be frank, I think the character himself is stupid. I for one, am not going to see Man of Steel when it comes out.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I loved V For Vendetta and LXG.
Silver Surfer was good.

And the new Hulk was -way- better than the 2003 one.
I'm going to assume you've never read comics that haven't been manga before. Ever.

Anyway, I spoke to soon about Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer being the worst comic-book film.

Look at this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3orQKBxiEg
****ing look!

This looks so ****ing bad, and the youtube comments don't help(omg i onlee red da comic a few dayz agoo but i luv rorschach! THIS MOVIES GONNA PWN!!!!). Only an idiot could even think that Watchmen would be a good film, so is it any surprise that the "visionary" behind 300 is directing(300 sucks ***, don't even kid yourself)?

My teacher always imposed the idea that "If it's a good idea, it's worth trying," and to some extent, I believe this. Horrible films have been made from good ideas. That being said, a live action Watchmen is not a good idea. Nor is completely destroying all the Silver Surfer mythos. Nor is a live action Dragon Ball. Neither is hyping symbiotes, only to have Venom introduced and killed in less that fifteen minutes(while I'm on it, making Peter emo).

Bah.

Don't see the Watchmen if you haven't read the graphic novel. If you have read it, no doubt you understand why you shouldn't see it.

EDIT: Oh, does it get better or what!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWm8U17QguA

Who the **** thought it was a good idea for the man who directed/wrote Sin City and Robocop 3 to write and direct a movie based on the Spirit, by far the most important comic-book character of the West? Himself, who else? Frank Miller's Daredevil and The Dark Knight Returns were great, don't get me wrong, but Frank Miller in movies sucks total ***. Total. ****ing. ***.

Seriously, it looks like Sin City except with a mask and tie! Don't forget Samuel L. Jackson as the Octopus. i hop he sez motthu ****ah he ruuuuuulezz!!!

People who don't read comics should not see comic-book films.

Top Bottom