• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 3 Olimars

Sans Glutin

Smash Ace
NC-Echo is probably up there.

I think i'm pretty good but just not well-known yet, hope to change that soon :p

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
its not the ego kicking in here but anyone who has happened to play me on wifiwars said i was pretty good and my friends do agree that i can play him in any situation.
i know wifiwars isnt much but it did give me something to do.

xParaSinx was my wifiwars name...or Paranormalsin, whichever really. someone on there is bound to give me some feed back.

shanus

Smash Hero
"...." is up there, etc etc.

There is/are no best olimar(s) yet haha

asob4

Smash Champion
mr. x
nc - echo
-cough- me -cough- lol jk. if DSF still played with him he would be there. those other two are the only ones to have proven themselves thus far.
i did well at UCLA though ^^ i somehow managed to beat azn lep, and i almost 3 stocked mr. pbody's falco /gloating

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's still a bit too early for a "Top Olimar" thing to pop up, in my opinion.
my exact words. THIEF!

well...to contribute to this thread...
Actually, I'm VERY biased, so I'm just not going to include myself in this list.(though I'm pretty sure I belong...wish I could record...)

1.Mr X-he's pretty good and pretty close to mastering all the basics it seems. The only problem that I've seen is that he doesn't keep up with his pikmen at all. I've still got trouble with this also.
2.too hard to say...many are close.
3.//

shrink and hyde are up there though. I still remember both their first video threads. They've made phenomenal improvement since then :) I haven't seen to many others though.

Switch FC
SW 1721 4573 3132
I will search for some Olimars now. I'll let you know when I found any. I'll post the videos to see if you think any are well.

asob4

Smash Champion
i hate not being able to record =/
azn lep's g&w and IC's are pretty beastly so i feel accomplished for winning against him

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
I agree that its too early to truly guage who the best is. Have there been any Olimars that won major tournaments yet, though?
No. :( All of the major tournaments have been dominated by Snake players, so far.

Dj Chopin

Smash Apprentice
i'm good with olimar and none of you know me. isnt there some dude named olimarman? ive wondered how he is, he did pretty well in a tournament recently. i would challenge you all to some olimar vs. olimar but that wouldnt be too fun i dont think.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
Firstly, I don;t know if any Olimar's placed but I'd like to know where to find the results.

2nd. I think saying you are able to best any Olimar players is pointless. Being the best Olimar player and the best Olimar ditto-er is completely different.

One means a lot, the other means nothing. Yeah you can beat my Olimar with yours but can you win the tournaments against non-Olimar players, well there's a better question.

Olimarman

Smash Ace
i'm good with olimar and none of you know me. isnt there some dude named olimarman? ive wondered how he is, he did pretty well in a tournament recently. i would challenge you all to some olimar vs. olimar but that wouldnt be too fun i dont think.
My Olimar has been slacking quite a lot lately. I've been working my way up with Mk and I need some serious practice before I take Olimar back to tournaments. I still keep trying though:laugh:

asob4

Smash Champion
i placed 33rd out of 192
best ranking oli sadly
i lost to danimals' marth, then hugs' rob
at UCLA btw
i'm going next month, hopefully i don't get the death bracket again

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
One means a lot, the other means nothing. Yeah you can beat my Olimar with yours but can you win the tournaments against non-Olimar players, well there's a better question.
i find this to be very true for the fact that olimar simply has two jumps, making it kinda difficult to gimp him in a ditto. however, playing the characters that have multiple jumps, ie-metaknight, ddd, or rob, you could possibly be gimped all three times and it wouldnt mean a thing if you could beat another olimar player

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
Seems like people recognise me as one of the best European Olimar's. At least, that's what the people I played already say.

SKEET SHADY

Smash Journeyman
just wondering-why's NC-Echo on your list?
agreed, is there even any videos of echo playing anyone GOOD in brawl, or people that were good from melee, i mean i give him props for making that chart or w/e, but who knows if hes even doing good in tournaments

M3zm3r1z3

Smash Apprentice
yeah lol, making a guide and posting a guide does not translate into being good but w/e

skeet you're pretty good though from what I've seen, maybe i'll see you at a tourney :o

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Anyone who places well in tourneys is considered pro.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Online Tourney's are not really the best testament of your skills. A non lagged match, and a match with lag are completely different. So we need some really BIG tournaments to see who is truly the best.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
I've been to one tourney and won and there's one this Saturday I'll see if I'm decent or getting better. But yeah online is bull, good games are far too few for me.

Also I've seen the most recent vids of DSF yeah I don't think he plays Olimar ever. DSF not a friend of Olimar if he just decided to pick up Marth and Snake. No offense to Snake.

KMAY

Smash Apprentice
I think people put NC-Echo up there cause he made the guide and DSF because he is the first video from youtube when you search "olimar" lol But seriously I like Pink4Life, and Mr. X, then ME of course! lol

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
just wondering-why's NC-Echo on your list?
I like the way how he uses Olimar...in a tactical view. Mr. X is a very fine player, but sometimes I find him a bit too rash. Echo also truly knows his stuff (hence he made a brilliant guide).

NC-Echo makes perfect use of the U-Smash and he plays a great defensive game against Marth and R.O.B. That's how you should be playing against them.

He's also considerably better than DSF. DSF, in my opinion, is a bit...passive.
There are times where you need to go offensive, and there are time where you need to go defensive. DSF is too defensive. He waits for his opponents to come and then F-Smashes.
There's nothing wrong with this approach, it's just that..it gets stale after a while. He also uses Up-B as an offensive move and that feels a bit....weak.

Note: Neither NC-Echo or Mr. X use Up-B offensively.

Hence this is why I put NC-Echo first, Mr. X second, and DSF third.

P.S. Woah, DanGR, you're on 500+ posts. I swear I had more posts than you at one time...lol!

SKEET SHADY

Smash Journeyman
DSF was an olimar player for ONE tournament btw, it was before brawl even came out. Since Brawl came out back on March (9th?) he's only used Marth/Snake.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Not to brag too much but...

1: Groom Blue (Chillindude829 and Azen Zagenite)
2: INFERNO STEVE (Meep and RenoK)
3: Forte & K9 (Forte and K9)
4: Shell Shocked (Tin and Rebel)
5: NC - Bros (Echo and Karn)
5: BSR (Tope and Cyrain)
7: Team Nasty (Aho and Fonz)
7: Alpha - g-reg (Alphazealot and G-regulate)
9: Something Sexy Bro (Knorr and Dirty)
9: Amy & Chu Dat (Chudat and Amy)
9: Chred & Boss (ChRed and Boss)
9: Maverick Hunters (Blues and Hova)
13: Team Sword (Dentu and Screp)
13: Agent Cody Banks (FOB and 5% Tax)
13: Who? (Winnar and Sharkbait)
13: Famous Last Words (B-Run and Jump20XE)
17: Team BRAWL (Aero and TDFX)
17: Band of the Hawk (The Yoster and Thumbswayup)
17: White Base (MGO and KoreanMachine)
17: Lil Snakey (Joe and Mulligan)
17: BeBop (G-Unit and Triz)
17: P-Monkeys (Soul and GIGS)
17: Taco Magnifico (StrAY and MiTNz)
17: Strike Trinity (Skins and Saber)
25: Frooty Loops (Ian and Olimar)
25: My Fruity Pink Pebbles (HG and Panda)

Singles

1: Azen Zagenite
2: Chillindude829
3: Forte
4: g-reg
5: NC - Echo
5: HeyitsYo
7: RenoK
7: Karn
9: B-Run
9: Chu Dat
9: CK
9: Aero
13: Okin
13: KM
13: 5% Tax
13: Mulligan
17: Travis
17: Skins
17: Jump20XE
17: Knorr
17: Soul
17: Aho
17: Fonz
17: Blues
25: ADA
25: Tope
25: Lobos
25: VisT
25: Boss
25: Joe
25: Cyrain
25: Ch=
33: Dirty
33: LSD
33: Hova
33: Alpha Zealot
33: Fab
33: Steve
33: Meep
33: ChRed
33: Green
33: The Yoster
33: Rebel581
33: Tin
33: NACKER
33: Thumbswayup
33: FOB
33: MetaShLt
49: PengPM
49: VR
49: StrAY
49: Winnar
49: Screp
49: Israr
49: Kappn
49: MGO
49: TDFX
49: G-Unit
49: KoreanMachine
49: Saber
49: Taj
49: BillyBob
49: MiTNz
49: Tek
65: GIGS
65: Amy
65: Dre
65: K9
65: Triz
65: Sharkbait
65: Seck

and...

There was another C3 before that with much of the same people and I placed 5th in singles and 5th in doubles again.

Top Bottom