• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 Most Wanted Newcomers for Smash Switch!

jreed3842

Smash Apprentice
This took me awhile to come up with 10... I knew my top 3 right away... But I think these are my top 10!

10. Alakazam (I just put him on here cause he's my favorite Pokemon)
9. Boo/King Boo
8. Prince Sidon
7. Bandana Dee
6. King K. Rool
5. Krystal
4. Ghirahim
3. Decidueye (or any Grass type starter honestly. Ever since Gen 1 I have always picked the grass starter, so I really wanna see one make it in Smash)
2. Urbosa
1. Captain Toad! (I have wanted Toad to make it in Smash since Melee! He's been my most wanted character for YEARS!)

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
There's a lot of characters I'd like to see, but many are just a passing, 'that'd be cool' for me.

1 Ridley

2 Shantae

3 Midna and Wolf Link

4 Hollow Knight

5 Revali (Though Prince Sidon would also be rad)

6 Risky Boots

7 Phoenix Wright

8 Twintelle

9 Spyro

10 Krystal

HM Chrono

1 and 2 are my most wanted by a large margin, then 3 to 6 are highly wanted. I feel sad Risky Boot's didn't make top five since there's a big jump from her to Phoenix in how much I want them in. But that's how it goes. Though I'd be shocked if Risky made it in, just getting Shantae in Smash is uncertain, let alone a second character from a 3rd party game.

UserKev

Smash Champion
1. Paper Mario
2. Dixie Kong
3. Ridley
4. Ghirahim
5. Lyn
6. Bandana Dee
7. Mimikyu
8. Isabelle
9. Min Min
10. Spyro The Dragon

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
1. Midna & Wolf Link (does this count as separate from just Midna?)
2. Shovel Knight
3. Excitebike
4. Ashley
5. Jill Valentine
6. Ridley
7. Nightmare (Soulcalibur)
8. Solaire of Astora
9. Lana
10. Amaterasu

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Let's see if I can accomplish this... can we get more minimal.

Honorable mentions: Angry Birds, Steve, Carmen Sandiego, Oregon Trail Pioneer

10- Banjo Kazooie
9- Bomberman
8- Lara Croft
7- Rayman
6- Ridley
5- Isaac
4- Dixie
3- Captain Toad
2- Balloon Fighter
1- K Rool

It seems my lower half are all the characters I actually want, and the top half are characters I also want, but that would be most hype (from my perspective) in the community.

But these will probably change in a few minutes.
EDIT less than a minute later:
Yeah i forgot a bunch I really care about. I am not a fan of these types of lists, it tends to make my brain get into a space where there are good characters to get and bad ones, and that makes the reveals much less enjoyable.

Last edited:

culumon

Smash Apprentice
1) Phoenix Wright
2) King K. Rool
3) Dixie Kong
4) HW Impa
5) Bandana Dee
6) Terra Branford
7) Banjo-Kazooie
8) Bomberman
9) Mimikyu
10) Waluigi

D

Deleted member

Just remembered this thread exists. New list, realistic choices only:

10.) Celica
9.) Isabelle
8.) Dillon
7.) Lycanroc (Dusk)
6.) Elma
5.) Dixie Kong
4.) KOS-MOS
3.) Bandana Waddle Dee
2.) Lyn
1.) Rex & Pyra

Interesting to compare it to my old one.

10.) Jakob
9.) Tingle
8.) Toy-Con Robot
7.) Elma
6.) Ridley
5.) Dillon
4.) Riki
3.) Grovyle
2.) Lyn
1.) Bandana Waddle Dee

I can see Rex/Pyra and Dixie Kong sneaking in there though, since I'm about to purchase Xenoblade 2 and am currently marathoning DKC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
1. Midna & Wolf Link (does this count as separate from just Midna?)
I would still put it together since more often than not when people are requesting certain characters they'd be fine with their inclusion in which ever capacity...

In this example your preference is that Midna would be paired with Wolf Link, because that would be your specific vision for the character...I'd say the same about someone who'd request say a Diddy and Dixie pairing...I'd still count it as Dixie Kong...same with those who'd want say Skyward Sword Impa and Hyrule Warriors Impa...

Plus having to split the results differently even though its the same character is just gonna make things too complicated for me when I'm tallying the votes...

SaltSlag

Smash Rookie
10. Rayman
9. Crash
8. Shovel Knight
7. Buzzwole
6. Kumatora
5. Vaati
4. Doom Guy
3. Geno
2. King K.Rool
1. Bomberman

Mr.J

Smash Apprentice
These are my choices, even though I may be indifferent of certain characters.
I still would like these over anyone else. And also considering this is also only 10 characters kinda limits my list within itself, as I would rather want more than just 10. But hopefully this list will do for now, it might change in the future, but these are the ones I've decided to stick with for now.

1. Stanley the Bugman (Retro)
2. Waluigi (Super Mario)
3. Daisy (Super Mario)
4. Ninten (Mother)
5. Balloon Fighter (Retro)
6. Villian Pokémon Trainer (Pokémon)
7. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
8. Knuckle Joe/Waddle Dee, Either one of them works. (Kirby)
9. Takamaru (Retro)
10. Mike Jones (Retro)

And also since I wanted to include more.
Here are some honourable mentions of characters, I would like as well but not did make it into my top 10.

Honourable mentions:
Impa (The Legend of Zelda)
Mother Brain (Metroid)
Black Shadow (F-Zero)
Poochy (Yoshi)
Slippy Toad & Peppy Hare (Star Fox)
Dillon (Dillon)

And also third-party:

Alex Kidd (Alex Kidd)
Klonoa (Klonoa)
Rayman (Rayman)
Bomberman (Bomberman)
Sora & Riku (Kingdom Hearts)
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger (Ty the Tasmanian Tiger)
Doctor Lautrec (Doctor Lautrec)

And that concludes my list, I hope it's not a problem that I included more than it was required, but at least I kept the rest as honourable mentions to make it more simple from the actual list.
That is all, thank you for reading and have a nice day. :)

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832
Was gonna make a big long explanation for my choices but I got lazy so here's my quick picks.

10. Spring Man (Most likely Arms rep. Spring-a-ling!)
9. Crash Bandicoot (I've never played a Crash game I just think he's goofy and funny and It'd be great to have the original big 3s platforming mascots together at last.)
8. Captain Toad (Sunshine has Bowser Jr. and Galaxy has Rosalina. Make Captain Toad the 3D World rep!)
7. Cardboard Labo Man (Love weird picks like this)
6. Mimikyu (The most likely Gen 7 pokemon pick in my opinion, and also cute)
5. Shovel Knight (Lots of cool options and a great design)
4. Ribbon Girl (My Arms main)
3. Isabelle (I love animal crossing)
2. Waluigi (Great design and lots of cool possibilities involving mario side games)
1. Chibi-Robo (Under appreciated GoodBoy with lots of cool options)

jamesster445

Smash Lord
These are in no particular order

Waluigi
- Do I really need to say why.
Dixie
- Her or K.Rool, but I feel Dixies chances are much better thanks to Tropical Freeze.
PrinceFluff
- I loved Epic Yarn and would love to see that Yarn moveset used in Smash.
Hades
- One of the best "New Nintendo Villains", Hades was easily the best part of Uprising in both his character and his boss fight.
Ridley
- Contract his tail and clip his wingspan, that is all you need to do. Smash 4 Ridley is no bigger than Giga Bowser, if Giga Bowser is playable there is no excuse.
Wonder Red
- He'll beat one ************, using a bunch of other mother****ers. What's not to love.
Andy
- It's high time that Fire Emblems sister series got its time in the sun. How does he play? Make him like Jack-o from Guilty Gear Xrd.
Tibby
- Give me my Rhythm Lord.
Spring man/ Ribbon Girl
- Somekind of Arms rep should be in the game. I'd imagine they'd become the Dhalsim of Smash, with long but weak attacks.
Ryu Hayabusa
- The face of Tecmo. Tecmo themselves have also been particularly supportive of Nintendo especially during the WiiU era. Hayabusa is a ninja with numerous weapons, magic, and techniques to pull from a long history of games, such as both trilogies of Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive to name a few.

Honorable Mentions
Porky
- Porky is the definitive villain of the Mother series and has antagonized both Ness and Lucas. My only issue is how they would represent him considering the Spider Mech. Well considering that Bedman (also from Guilty Gear) exists, I can see the potential.
Anna
- Assuming that a new Fire Emblem character might be cut, I can think of no character better than the mascot of the franchise.
Not Rex
- There are 2 reasons for this, the first is that his primary weapon is similar to Shulk and I fear he would be more of a clone than a brand new character. The second and this is very important, Rex is trash. Rex was easily the worst character in XB2 from both a design and character stand point.
I'd way rather have Morag or Tora be the rep for XB2. Or hell bring Elma from XBX. All of them are more interesting characters with interesting abilities.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
10 - Lip - another forgotten classic because why not (Panel de Pon)
9 - Geno - well I lost both hype and hopes in this character but wouldn't mind him as a newcomer (Super Mario RPG)
8 - Karate Joe - lost a bit of interest in the series overall, but I wouldn't mind him (Rhythm Heaven)
7 - Tingle (Zelda)
6 - Gooey - he came back as a Dream Friend!! (Kirby)
5 - Captain Syrup (Warioland)
4 - Warioland Wario - not a veteran, separate character with different moveset (Warioland)
3 - Artorias/Siegmeyer/Solaire/Dragonslayer/Gwyn/chosen undead - any of them (Dark Souls - coming to Switch)
2 - Ganon - classic blue pig form (Zelda)
1 - Adeleine - she will probably be revived as a Dream Friend soon, I hope! (Kirby)

special mention to Nintendo Labo; it's not something I want, but I would laugh a lot if they will add it, I mean, a fighter made out of transforming cardboards.
Another special mention goes to Chibi Robo; he could be an interesting character but Zip Lash was so boring IMO -.-
Last special mention to Qbby (Boxboy), I'm not completely convinced about his relevance and moveset potential.

EDIT: oh I forgot about Krystal, she was relevant in the Gamecube days, so I think it would be fair to give her a chance, but I'm not interested in her enough to give her a place in the chart... maybe I could place her where Lip is, but I prefer to keep Lip because she's more obscure and needs more love.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I cannot tell if this is a prediction list, or just which characters we want. I am going to lean on the latter.

10. Goku (Fourth party characters do not exist and I do not care about your rules, homie).
10. Sans (Because I care about your rules, fam.)
9. Dante (from Devil May Cry, ready to join his fourth crossover to meet Bayonetta).
8. Waluigi (Best purple dragon, I would also accept Spyro).
7. Ridley (Lucky number 7).
6. Hades (On second thought, after seeing Palutena and Dark Pit, maybe not).
5. Spring Man (The Bouncer, ready to steal someone's slot).
4. Banjo and Kazooie (The only other missing Nintendo character outside of Ridley that is worth anything... Only he is not even Nintendo).
3. Black Shadow (Listen to his theme).
2. Ganon (Best newcomer Smash can add is the antagonist to their second most prominent series, instead, they gave me ginger Black Shadow).
1. Masked Link (He would basically be Pokemon Trainer, except for cool).

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I cannot tell if this is a prediction list, or just which characters we want. I am going to lean on the latter.

10. Goku (Fourth party characters do not exist and I do not care about your rules, homie).
10. Sans (Because I care about your rules, fam.)
9. Dante (from Devil May Cry, ready to join his fourth crossover to meet Bayonetta).
8. Waluigi (Best purple dragon, I would also accept Spyro).
7. Ridley (Lucky number 7).
6. Hades (On second thought, after seeing Palutena and Dark Pit, maybe not).
5. Spring Man (The Bouncer, ready to steal someone's slot).
4. Banjo and Kazooie (The only other missing Nintendo character outside of Ridley that is worth anything... Only he is not even Nintendo).
3. Black Shadow (Listen to his theme).
2. Ganon (Best newcomer Smash can add is the antagonist to their second most prominent series, instead, they gave me ginger Black Shadow).
1. Masked Link (He would basically be Pokemon Trainer, except for cool).
The title is 'Most Wanted' so that should answer your question...

Also there's no obligation to follow my rules in your Top 10, I just won't give points to characters that break those rules...

Morbi

Scavenger
The title is 'Most Wanted' so that should answer your question...

Also there's no obligation to follow my rules in your Top 10, I just won't give points to characters that break those rules...
I suppose, the points aspect confused me. Are they there just to gauge demand? Because I feel as though in that case, veterans, likely or not, would still be taken into consideration. That is why, despite the title, I was a bit confused.

Hence why I added a second character, I was just joking around because it was a for fun list.

Ascended

Smash Ace
1) Crash Bandicoot
2) Ridley
3) Shovel Knight
4) Toad
5) Chrom
6) Simon Belmont
7) Dixie Kong
8) Spring Man
9) F-Type
10) Dillon

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I suppose, the points aspect confused me. Are they there just to gauge demand? Because I feel as though in that case, veterans, likely or not, would still be taken into consideration. That is why, despite the title, I was a bit confused.

Hence why I added a second character, I was just joking around because it was a for fun list.
Yeah its to gauge demand for characters within the community...

Its pretty much a given that veterans will have a decent amount of demand especially since there's already a precedent for the character in the game as is...I just think its more interesting to see new characters in these lists and think about what they could bring to the table rather than a character I've already seen before...

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
10. Tingle
9. Ayumi Tachibana
8. K Rool
7. Rex/Pyra
6. A Rhythm Heaven Character
5. Ninten
4. Spring Man
3. Decidueye
2. Joker (Persona 5)
1. Sora

Last edited:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Top 10 Total:
1. Shovel Knight
2. Ridley
3. K. Rool
4. Sylux
5. Dixie Kong
6. Hades
7. Porky
8. Monster Hunter
9. Isaac (Golden Sun)
10. Tetra

1. Ridley
2. K. Rool
3. Sylux
4. Dixie Kong
5. Hades
6. Porky
7. Isaac
8. Tetra
9. Waluigi
10. Bandana Dee

1. Shovel Knight
2. Banjo-Kazooie
3. Monster Hunter
4. Bomberman
5. Doom Slayer/Doomguy
6. Proto Man
7. Simon Belmont
8. Tails
9. Geno
10. Steve/Alex from Minecraft. Yes, really.

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
It's pretty hard to come up with a Top 10 list because I really only care about one, But I'll see what I get
1. Krystal (unique kit, irreplaceable character for many)
2. Ridley (sure why not? I'm a pretty big metroid fan, it's hard to say no to a cybernetic, plasma-breathing space dragon)
3. Lethe [FE9/FE10] (not a realistic character for many reasons, shapeshifters could be fun though)
4. Rundas (also not realistic because of one-off status, loved his personality and his ice moves could be unique)
5. Shantae (didn't know who she was before speculation, but she has some nice kit potential)
6. Midna (she was a good character and was from the only zelda game I really cared about)
7. Micaiah [FE10] (I find the Micaiah support group fascinating, they remind me of her)
8. Tails (a friend of mine is interested in tails, and I wouldn't say no to his kit potential either)
9. Milotic (I've made a kit for one before, a serpent-like character is pretty radical for fighting games, probably)
10. Rex & Pyra (haven't played any xenoblade, but I watched enough to enjoy their concept)
Well that took a second, but I done did it.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
My top 10:

10. Ty the Tazmanian Tiger - An obscure character from my childhood that I hold dearly.
9. Spyro the Dragon - I was much more of a Spyro fan than a Crash fan and they're both the mascots of the early 2000s Sony era, and it would be great to see him along with...
8. Crash Bandicoot - Same thing for Spyro, and he's only higher because I see him as more likely.
7. K. Rool - Actually plaued the games that had him in it when I was little amd I will always consider him DK's true villain. Good moveset potential too and high demand.
6. Midna - While she wasn't my favorite charactet, I can't deny the moveset potential
5. Skull Kid - Wanted him since Sm4sh. Assist trophy helps me feel like his chances are better, even If I doubt it.
4. Ghirahim - One of my fav Zelda villains and his moveset speaks for itself. Had a pretty bug following and HW also help him as well as the other two plus the AT.
3. Bandana Waddle Dee - New Kirby rep that I personally really see happening and he's cute
2. Captain Toad - One of the more important Mario characters at this point and a Toad has been long overdue for Smash.
1. Waluigi - Honestly just such a fun character that has loads of potential for a wacky moveset and a HUGE following. Probably among the biggest who have stuck around since Brawl days.

Last edited:

chronomantic

Smash Ace
1.- Skull Kid. Awesome villain with a memorably designed mask.
2.- Chorus Kids. Never forget.
3.- King Boo. I think the moves would be innovative and the character is widely recognizable.
4.- Captain toad. He has his own game. Everybody knows toad. Make him jump Sakurai.
5.- Dixie Kong. Potentially interesting moveset.
6.- Shovel Knight. Haven't even played one of his games but he has a large following and it looks like it'd be an amazing inclusion
7.- Kamek. She flies and has tons of different magic spells.
8.- Impa. Not that known outside Zelda players but it'd be a cool character.
9.- Tingle. I love joke characters. I'd main him so hard.
10.- Amaterasu. I love Okami. Unlikely to happen I think.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
10. Scorpion
9. Belmont
8. King Boo
7. Jeanne
6. King K. Rool
5. Bewear
4. Magolor
3. Ridley
2. Bomberman
1. Bandana Dee

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
To be honest, I personally don't even have a top 10. I hope that's okay.

1. Isaac
2. Paper Mario
3. Sora

There are characters like Ridley, King K. Rool, etc. that I'd be happy to see included for other people's sakes, but I have no interest in those franchises myself so I can't put them in a personal top 10.

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
10. Wonder Red
9. Shovel Knight
8. Coco Bandicoot
7. Crash Bandicoot
6. Twintelle
5. Urbosa
4. Shantae
3. Penny (Wario Ware)
2. Anna
1. Pauline

dezeray112

Smash Hero
My top 10 Nintendo characters for Smash for now and I'll do a seperate post for my top 10 Third Party Characters:

1. Rex & Pyra
2. ARMS Rep
3. Zelda: BotW Rep
4. New FE Rep
5. New Pokemon Rep
6. Excitebiker
7. Ayumi Tachibana
8. Chorus Kids
9. Dillon
10. Captain Toad

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
My top 10

1. Krystal (Starfox)
2. Balder (Bayonetta)
3. Elma (Xenoblade)
4. Incineroar (Pokemon)
5. Lyn (Fire Emblem)
6. Impa (Zelda)
7. Isaac (Golden Sun)
8. Dixie (Donkey Kong)
9. Zoroark (Pokemon)
10. Hector (Fire Emblem)

10 characters I'd like to see:

1. King K. Rool
2. Crash Bandicoot
3. Banjo Kazooie
4. Bomberman
5. Dixie Kong
6. Rayman
7. Ganon
8. Captain Toad/Toad
9. Bub & Bob (Bubble Bobble)
10. Rash (Battletoads)

Waluigi, Cranky Kong, Hawlucha, Gengar and Eggman on the fringes.

Was harder than I thought, want and expectation are two completely different things :p

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
1. Bandana Dee
2. Shovel Knight
3. Wonder Red
4. Waluigi
5. Spring Man
6. Bomberman
7. Decidueye
8. Chibi-Robo
9. Slippy Toad
10. King K. Rool

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
I guess I’ll give this a go...

1- Lana (Hyrule Warriors)
2- Decidueye (Pokemon)
3- Itsuki Aoi (Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE)
4- Funky Kong (Donkey Kong) FUNKY MODE FOR SMASH
5- Waluigi (Super Mario Bros.)
6- Bewear (Pokemon)
7- Chrom (Fire Emblem) The man needs to be redeemed.
8- Mona (WarioWare)
9- Nia (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
10- Cecil (Final Fantasy IV)

Honorable mention goes to WarioWare’s Ashley.

Last edited:

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
1.Geno
2.King K.Rool
3.Ridley
4.Hector(Fire Emblem)
5.Deoxys
6.Orbulon(WarioWare)
7.Isaac(Golden Sun)
8.Chef Kawasaki (Kirby)
9.Jibanyan
10.Mr.EAD(F-Zero)

Velvet Rebirth

Smash Apprentice
Number 10
Darth Vader

I PROMISE THE REST OF THE LIST ISN'T LIKE THIS LETS JUST GET THIS OUT OF THE WAY AND MOVE ON.
I was going to post an image accompanying this but I couldn't find any nice Darth Vader photos, but you know what Darth Vader looks like anyway.

Number 9
Galacta Knight

During Smash 4 time I was very indecisive about who I wanted in Smash, but of all the characters Galacta Knight was most frequently found at the top of the list. Honestly there really just isn't a whole lot I can say about the character. Back then just his pure awesomeness alone made me love the character, and don't get me wrong I still do, but I'm afraid there really just isn't much to him. He shows up every now and then, you fight him, he looks cool while doing it, and then you're done. Personally, I think he needs to do more in the Kirby games before he comes to Smash, but I would still welcome him should he come. Just make a Meta Knight game already you cowards!

Number 8
2B

NieR Automata is one of my favorite games ever and I would have absolutely no trouble making it my second favorite game of all time, but to be honest 2B is mostly just here because of that. I don't feel like she'd fit into Smash very well as I feel outside of her game her personality simply doesn't hold up, she's kinda a brick but understanding why she's a brick makes her so much better, and you aren't gonna do that in Smash. My first pick for an Automata character would actually be Emil, with the cart, unfortunately I have no idea how you could make a full moveset for that so I didn't put him on the list and settled for 2B, who I still think would be fine and as a NieR fan myself would welcome with open arms.

Number 7
Knuckles

Let me tell you Sonic makes himself real darn hard to love. Sonic Mania toyed with my emotions and for the first time in years I proudly considered myself a Sonic fan once again. Soon after Forces brought me back to reality, but that brief moment of weakness was all I needed to put this guy on my list. My favorite Sonic character Knuckles the Echidna.

HERE I COME! ROUGHER THAN THE REST OF EM', THE BEST OF EM'. TOUGHER THAN LEATHER. YOU CAN CALL ME KNUCKLES. UNLIKE SONIC I DON'T CHUCKLE, I'D RATHER FLEX MY MUSCLES.

Number 6
Hades

This guy is awesome, you can't even argue that it's just a fact. I don't even know what else to say. I know a lot of people say Smash really needs some more villains, so why not pick the best one? Eh?

Number 5
Elma

Let me tell ya I've put probably about five hundred hours into Xenoblade X. First time I played this game it just absolutely blew me away. Like, not to far off from the city there's just this huge, enormous dinosaur monster, and it's not even a boss, and there's even more of those dinosaurs hanging around other places, and there's EVEN MORE where that came from. It just absolutely blew my mind. Unfortunately her chances getting in Smash have dropped all the way down to the floor thanks to Xenoblade 2, but I'll continue to support Elma.

Number 4
Whispy Woods

Whispy Woods would just be, absolutely ridiculous, and I love the sound of that. Tell me, one of the most prominent and recognizable characters to Kirby players, and even Smash players, why doesn't this guy have more supporters? The idea to add Whispy Woods originally came to me as a joke, but as a started thinking on it the idea grew more and more on me, while still retaining the idea that it was a joke.

Number 3
Joker

Persona 5 is, and within the foreseeable future always will be my favorite game ever. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say this game changed my life. Oof, pardon the sappy stuff, but to have Joker, the main character of a game I just absolutely love get into Smash, it would simply be incredible, an absolute joy to me.

Number 2
Joker

Did you really think I'd just make Joker number three? Heck no! This man deserves bronze, silver, and gold on my list!

Number 1
Joker

Wake up, get up, get in Smash!

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Ooh, I went all out for this. Loads of spoiler tags to cover up the fact that I may have 6 pages of text...
Which you should totally read and give feedback:lol:

10. Ivy Valentine

Universe: Soul Calibur (Namco)
First game: Soul Calibur (Arcade, 1998)
First Nintendo game: Soul Calibur II (GCN, 2003)

I’m not normally into 3rd parties, and Ivy’s not the main Namco fighting game character, but she is definitely one of the most recognizable characters in all of fighting games, mostly because of her…assets. Since she debuted in Soul Calibur, she’s been a mainstay in each of the main series games, including Soul Calibur II (in which Link was a guest fighter) and spin-offs, including Soul Calibur Legends for the Wii.

While her style is…risqué, Bayonetta’s shown that this type of moveset is acceptable in Smash. The biggest benefit for her would be a potential moveset. Coming from a fighting game herself, she’s got a lot to work with, and one of the best parts would be using her unique whip sword. As Smash really doesn’t have a whip user outside of Zero Suit Samus for some moves, it could make Ivy an excellent grappler, especially if tether recovery makes a comeback.

Soul Calibur’s been languishing for a while, but the 6th game was just announced, and Ivy’s coming back with a vengeance.

I do prefer games with minimal 3rd parties unless they’ve made significant contributions, but I’ll admit that I do have a soft spot for certain favorites from my favorite games. She’s a complete pipe dream, but I remember thinking how cool she’d be even when Brawl came out.

9. Daisy

Universe: Mario
First Game: Super Mario Land (GB, 1989)

Daisy’s another one of those characters who’s gotten hit with a lot of speculation, but has always been relegated to a palette swap for Peach. True, the two would be really similar, but Daisy’s more tomboyish personality could take hold in the form of a more aggressive moveset. Daisy isn’t really well known from too many Mario main series games – she’s more active in the spin-offs, where she’s made appearances in basically every one.

That would be the inspiration for a possible moveset. Daisy could easily represent the kart-racing and/or sports moves from the spin-offs, which really don’t get more than a Mario Kart stage in Smash. Her costumes could reflect this as well: a few recolors of her standard gown, but then also some of the sports outfit and/or her motorcycle jumpsuit.

Daisy’s also been a trophy in each of the Smash games since Melee, so it’d be fun to see her make the jump. Plus, one of the most fun types of smash is having all of the princesses battle it out in all of their respective finery.

8. Revali

Universe: Zelda
First Game: Breath of the Wild (Switch, 2017)

With as acclaimed as Breath of the Wild was, it definitely needs some representation in Smash, and changing the movesets of established characters could put off Link or Zelda mains.

Revali is one of the four champions, but the one with the most personality. He’s rude, brash, and patronizing, but most of his scenes show he has a respect for Link that he hides beneath a mask of arrogance.

Revali is a master bowman, and could introduce several different types of arrows into his moveset. Breath of the Wild used fire, ice, shock, and bomb arrows. This could make for some great special moves, especially since the bomb arrows are important to the Rito as a whole during the cutscene. Revali’s gale is a natural recovery move, and as a birdman, he’d naturally have multiple jumps and a glide.

True, his personality is a bit close to Falco, but he would make a more interesting character in his own right as he wouldn’t need to be a (semi)-clone of another character. And his voice actor was one of the better ones in Breath of the Wild.

7. Ghirahim

First Game: Skyward Sword (Wii, 2011)

Ghirahim is an interesting villain – not at all the typical power hungry type, but with a creepy, campy factor that makes him different than most. Most of his scenes show him losing his sanity bit by bit, while simultaneously squicking him out with his overlong tongue or effeminate demeanor.

What really made him shine was his appearance in Hyrule Warriors. In both the main game and the spin-off, he was a side character doing another villain’s bidding. Still, his time in Hyrule Warriors showed what he is capable of. His moveset includes homing projectiles and erratic swordsmanship. In his true form, he is a literal sword himself.

Of course, as a one-off character, he’s not got much in the way of relevance. Still, as Hyrule Warriors has been announced as getting a third port to another console, it does show that the game was a great way of making characters visible. He also has appeared in Sm4sh as an assist trophy, where he teleported around and fired projectiles.

His mannerisms would make him an interesting choice, as is the fact that Smash has been lacking in the villain department. He fits with the tone of a creepy dark villain for those who like darkness, but his style is much lighter and would match with the artstyle of Sm4sh.

6. Gardevoir

Universe: Pokémon
First Game: Ruby and Sapphire (GBA, 2002)

Generation 3 is one of the forgotten generations of Pokémon (I’ll never forgive it for cutting Growlithe and Arcanine at first). Still, there are some Pokémon that should be represented. Gardevoir is one of the most famous Pokémon of the third generation, and not just because she’s everyone’s Pokémon waifu.

Gardevoir is a member of the new Fairy type, which opens her moveset to a lot of fairy-type attacks, including the powerful (and potential Final Smash) Moonblast. She also received a Mega evolution and was given a position in the roster of Pokkén Tournament, which also got another rerelease.

In Smash, Gardevoir has mostly been represented as a Pokéball summon, where she only put up a barrier and walked around. As one of the few admired Pokémon of the third generation, she deserves much more.

5. Midna

First Game: Twilight Princess (GCN, 2006)

Midna’s one of Links most popular companions, as she’s not just a simple exposition fairy, but has real personality. She starts the game standoffish, and by the end, you as a player do start to care for her a lot. It’s no surprise that she has been a highly requested character in Smash since Brawl.

Her moveset potential was a bit weak, another aspect that was remedied with her appearance in Hyrule Warriors. Her Final Smash would obviously be the use of the Fused Shadows, but otherwise she’s mainly got projectiles to deal with. One of the best possibilities for her would be as a grappler using her prehensile hair.

She made an appearance in Sm4sh, itself a surprise considering the age of her one-hit wonder game, as an assist trophy. As an assist, she teleports around and grabs fighters. She could also make use of various shadow creatures as she does in Hyrule Warriors, or even her true form.

I’ve always liked Midna, and I would love to have seen her in since Brawl. She’s cooled off as the game has aged, but Twilight Princess has always been one of my favorite Zelda games, and I would love to see the titular princess join the fray.

4. Urbosa

First Game: Breath of the Wild (Switch, 2017)

Another Zelda character, and another of the great champions. Urbosa has a lot going for her as she’s an excellent fighter, and a warm, friendly character in contrast to the traditional aspects of the Gerudo in the Zelda series. She’d make an interesting counterbalance to Zelda, to whom she is almost a maternal figure, and Ganondorf, who she name-drops in Breath of the Wild as a fellow Gerudo and an example of what the race needs to strive to atone for.

She is the favorite character of the director of the game, and for good reason. He fighting style is not as unique, as she mainly uses a sword (scimitar) and shield, but she could draw from other tradtional Gerudo weaponry from Ocarina of Time and Majora’s Mask with naginatas and/or dual scimitars. She also has several lightning-based abilities: Urbosa’s Fury the power uses a radial lightning attack, and she is shown in cutscenes to call down thunderbolts. A great move would be a mixture of Zelda’s Din’s Fire and Pikachu’s Thunder – a projectile which she could send out, which would call down a lightning strike when triggered. As the champion piloting Divine Beast Vah Naboris, she has a built-in Final Smash calling the beast to smite her enemies.

True, Breath of the Wild is still incredibly recent, and all four champions (and Impa) have relevance. I like Urbosa the best, however, because she has a great character, an excellent voice actress, and really made me like her. I can’t say the same for the likes of Mipha or Daruk.

3. Dovahkiin

Universe: The Elder Scrolls (Bethesda Softworks)
First Game: Skyrim (PC/XBOX/PS3, 2011)
First Nintendo Game: Skyrim (Switch, 2018)

Yes, I’m a filthy hypocrite for putting a 3rd party so high on my list. Hear me out, though…

Skyrim was an absolute masterpiece. Yes, Todd Howard is trying to get Skyrim ported to literally every device that can handle it, but it deserves to be. Breath of the Wild most definitely borrowed some elements of this, and Bethesda knows how to deliver a massive open-world RPG. After all, there’s a reason Skyrim was one of the first games shown in the first trailer for the Switch – the idea that a game that intense could be made portable was impressive.

I think the best way to play the Dragonborn would be to allow him to play as a dual-wielder as in the traditional art. Beyond that, though, he could pull various spells or shouts as special moves to assist, and a Final Smash involving Alduin or another dragon would be incredible. And who wouldn’t want to see Fus Ro Dah as a special which ragdolls enemies for a time?

As Bethesda games are known for their customization, Dovahkiin could easily have a set of costumes like Bowser Jr. to make several races and genders as possibilities. I propose the following as options:

· Default: Male Nord, as in the concept art
· A female Nord in armor, e.g. Lydia (http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Lydia)
· A male Nord Stormcloak, e.g. Ralof (http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Ralof)
· A female Imperial officer, e.g. the one on the loading screen (http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Loading_Screens#Races)
· A male Bosmer Thief, e.g. Niruin (http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Niruin)
· A female Dunmer Dark Brother, e.g. Gabriella with standard armor (http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Gabriella)
· A male Redguard Alik’r Warrior (http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Alik'r_Warrior)
· A female Breton college mage, e.g. the loading screen example (http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Loading_Screens#Races)
· A male Orc smith, e.g. Moth gro-Bagol (http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Moth_gro-Bagol)
· A female human Blade, e.g. Delphine (http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Delphine)
· A male Nord Greybeard, e.g. the one from the loading screen (http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Loading_Screens#Shouts)
· A female Altmer Thalmor agent, e.g. Elenwen (http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Elenwen)
· Possibly also Khajiit or Argonian choices

I know this one will never happen, but I can’t deny how cool this would be.

2. King K. Rool

Universe: Donkey Kong
First Game: Donkey Kong Country (SNES, 1994)

The king needs no introduction.

One of the most highly requested newcomers, whose visibility the world over has increased dramatically after the ballot, King K. Rool would be another villain for the series. SourceGaming has some great articles showing that even in Japan, K. Rool is one of if not the top requested newcomers since the ballot, and people the world over took the Mii costume as a consolation prize.

The king is one of the few characters I’d almost put money on that he’d be in. Despite not having a main series game in a while, the fanbase for him is immense, and he’s gotten some cameos in a few games since his popularity was shown through the ballot.

Not to mention that Smash needs more love for the Donkey Kong universe and villains in general, K. Rool is one of the top choices all around.

1. Ridley

Universe: Metroid
First Game: Metroid (NES, 1986)

Another highly requested character who needs no introduction.

Ridley is one of the last recurring, unquestionably Nintendo characters who has yet to be playable in Smash. He’s made an appearance in every Smash game so far, from a stage element in the original, to a trophy and a part of the intro movie in Melee, to an adventure mode boss in Brawl, to an annoying stage hazard in SSB4, the only thing he hasn’t been is playable.

His biggest block to playability is Sakurai himself. In any other circumstance, he would be in, no question. Here’s hoping that he finally gets what he deserves.

Honorable mentions:
  • Return of Pokémon Trainer (i.e. Squirtle and Ivysaur)
  • Decloned Ganondorf based on Hyrule Warriors
That was fun...now I'm disappointed that some of them aren't getting in.

And I'm also seriously considering making a Dovahkiin thread...unless someone who's much better at threadmaking beats me to it...

Astraltar

Smash Apprentice
Well, my list is pretty much already in my signature, but down there they're not prioritized. Also there are more than ten. Anyway, My WEIGHTED list is...

1:Geno
2:Alucard
3: Fierce Deity Link
4: Simon Belmont (with Trevor and Richter as skin clones)
5: Wolf Link (and Midna)
6: Isaac (with Felix an a skin clone) from Golden Sun
7: Crono
8: Shantae
9: Skull Kid (with Majora's Mask)
10: Dixie Kong.

And my Honorable Mention is Decidueye. But I see him as a shoo-in so I don't fantasize about him.

Last edited:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
  1. Paper Mario
  2. Pauline
  3. Crash Bandicoot
  4. Shovel Knight
  5. Dixie Kong
  6. Isaac
  7. Tails
  8. Isabelle
  9. Krystal
  10. Lip

Last edited:

Velvet Rebirth

Smash Apprentice
Number 10
Darth Vader

I PROMISE THE REST OF THE LIST ISN'T LIKE THIS LETS JUST GET THIS OUT OF THE WAY AND MOVE ON.
I was going to post an image accompanying this but I couldn't find any nice Darth Vader photos, but you know what Darth Vader looks like anyway.

Number 9
Galacta Knight

During Smash 4 time I was very indecisive about who I wanted in Smash, but of all the characters Galacta Knight was most frequently found at the top of the list. Honestly there really just isn't a whole lot I can say about the character. Back then just his pure awesomeness alone made me love the character, and don't get me wrong I still do, but I'm afraid there really just isn't much to him. He shows up every now and then, you fight him, he looks cool while doing it, and then you're done. Personally, I think he needs to do more in the Kirby games before he comes to Smash, but I would still welcome him should he come. Just make a Meta Knight game already you cowards!

Number 8
2B

NieR Automata is one of my favorite games ever and I would have absolutely no trouble making it my second favorite game of all time, but to be honest 2B is mostly just here because of that. I don't feel like she'd fit into Smash very well as I feel outside of her game her personality simply doesn't hold up, she's kinda a brick but understanding why she's a brick makes her so much better, and you aren't gonna do that in Smash. My first pick for an Automata character would actually be Emil, with the cart, unfortunately I have no idea how you could make a full moveset for that so I didn't put him on the list and settled for 2B, who I still think would be fine and as a NieR fan myself would welcome with open arms.

Number 7
Knuckles

Let me tell you Sonic makes himself real darn hard to love. Sonic Mania toyed with my emotions and for the first time in years I proudly considered myself a Sonic fan once again. Soon after Forces brought me back to reality, but that brief moment of weakness was all I needed to put this guy on my list. My favorite Sonic character Knuckles the Echidna.

HERE I COME! ROUGHER THAN THE REST OF EM', THE BEST OF EM'. TOUGHER THAN LEATHER. YOU CAN CALL ME KNUCKLES. UNLIKE SONIC I DON'T CHUCKLE, I'D RATHER FLEX MY MUSCLES.

Number 6
Hades

This guy is awesome, you can't even argue that it's just a fact. I don't even know what else to say. I know a lot of people say Smash really needs some more villains, so why not pick the best one? Eh?

Number 5
Elma

Let me tell ya I've put probably about five hundred hours into Xenoblade X. First time I played this game it just absolutely blew me away. Like, not to far off from the city there's just this huge, enormous dinosaur monster, and it's not even a boss, and there's even more of those dinosaurs hanging around other places, and there's EVEN MORE where that came from. It just absolutely blew my mind. Unfortunately her chances getting in Smash have dropped all the way down to the floor thanks to Xenoblade 2, but I'll continue to support Elma.

Number 4
Whispy Woods

Whispy Woods would just be, absolutely ridiculous, and I love the sound of that. Tell me, one of the most prominent and recognizable characters to Kirby players, and even Smash players, why doesn't this guy have more supporters? The idea to add Whispy Woods originally came to me as a joke, but as a started thinking on it the idea grew more and more on me, while still retaining the idea that it was a joke.

Number 3
Joker

Persona 5 is, and within the foreseeable future always will be my favorite game ever. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say this game changed my life. Oof, pardon the sappy stuff, but to have Joker, the main character of a game I just absolutely love get into Smash, it would simply be incredible, an absolute joy to me.

Number 2
Joker

Did you really think I'd just make Joker number three? Heck no! This man deserves bronze, silver, and gold on my list!

Number 1
Joker

Wake up, get up, get in Smash!

Oh! And for the record while Joker himself has yet to appear on a Nintendo console, we do have Persona Q2 coming to 3DS which will more than likely feature Joker, and Shin Megami Tensei has primarily been on Nintendo consoles. The points probably won't matter much anyway since no one else here seems to want him, but I hope to sway at least some opinions!

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
10. Sceptile(My favorite grass starter).
9. Dr. Eggman(Eggman vs Bowser pls).
8. Leon Scott Kennedy(He would be my choice for a Resident Evil character).
7. Lana(the only LoZ character I would like to see).
6. Micaiah(someone other than a sword user for this series and I like her more than Celica).
5. Dante(DMC vs Bayonetta Smash style).
4. Elma(Xenoblade X deserves some love too).
3. Banjo-Kazooie(these characters have a lot of nostalgia for me).
2. Lightning Farron(Like my avatar hasn't made it obvious which are my favorite Square Enix characters).
1. Daisy(one of my favorite characters in the Mario franchise alongside Luigi even though I only play Luigi in Smash 64 because I suck at him in the remainder of Smash games).

Top Bottom