• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 Most Wanted Newcomers for Smash Switch!

Troykv

Smash Master
Hmmm....

10. Waluigi
9. KOS-MOS
8. King K. Rool
7. Ashley
6. Crash Bandicoot
5. Ganon
4. Marx/Magolor
3. Adeleine
2. Bandana Waddle Dee

1. Micaiah.

My most wanted character and the only character I'm actively supporting currently, I had love the idea of her as a Smash Playable Character since I know about her abilities, and I ended up loving her character in her own game too.

Outside of the Top 3, the rest of the characters usually change positions depending my mood (and even Adeleine and BWD change positions sometimes anyway) xD.

Last edited:

KCJ506

Smash Cadet
King K Rool
Dixie Kong
Captain Toad
Mike Jones
Takamaru
Lip
Banjo-Kazooie
Simon Belmont
Travis Touchdown

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
1. Ridley
2. Decidueye
3. Issac
4. Banjo Kazooie
5. Professor Layton
6. Dark Samus
7. Zoroark
8. Sceptile
9. K. Rool
10. Simon Belmont

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
10. Impa
9. Dixie Kong
8. Jack Frost
7. Tora & Poppi
6. Mike Jones
5. Saki Amamiya
4. Ridley
3. Captain Toad
2. Skull Kid
1. Waluigi

ErenJager

Smash Champion
01) King K. Rool
02) Geno
03) Ridley
04) Giegue
05) Impa
06) Paper Mario
07) Bomberman
08) Zeraora
09) Agumon
10) Crash Bandicoot

Oddball

Smash Lord
1. Captain N (While he has never appeared on a Nintendo platform, his show was basically set INSIDE one and he is owned by Nitnendo, so I think that's close enough to count...and this is where people yell at me for wasting my vote)
2. Simon Belmont
3. Ganon (not Ganondorf. i want the big blue pig guy)
4. Mike Jones
5. Pious Augustus from Eternal Darkness
6. Toad (I'll accept Captain Toad, but I'd prefer the original)
7. Princess Daisy
8. Ayumi Tachibana from Famicom Detective Club
9. Amazon from pro Wrestling
10. Shantae

Chase

Smash Ace
10) Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)
9) Captain Toad (Mario)
8) Spring Man (ARMS)
7) Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle)
6) Rayman (Rayman)
5) Paper Mario (Paper Mario)
4) Bandana Dee (Kirby)
3) Ridley (Metroid)
2) F-Type (Stunt Race FX)
1) King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country)

Honorable Mentions: Kamek, Impa, Dixie Kong, Marshal

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
My top 10:
1. King K. Rool
2. Ridley
3.Geno
4.Travis Touchdown
5.Takamaru
6. Professor Layton
7. Decidueye

Hoo boy here's where I'm having a hard time filling out a list of characters I just really really want to see.

8. Mike Jones
9. Simon Belmont
10. Spring Man

*EDIT* I switched out my #9, Excite Biker, and #10, Tingle, with Simon Belmont and Spring Man respectively. I think SImon Belmont is an NES legend, one of the grand daddies of the NES that made gaming as popular as it is today, almost synonymous with NES icons, so he deserves a spot for that alone. And while I haven't played ARMS due to not having a Switch yet, I am very interested in the prospect of a long reaching fighter with very long ranged attacks and grab.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
1. K. Rool
2. Ridley
3. Dixie Kong
4. Decidueye
5. Ganon
6. Bandana Dee
7. Dr. Eggman
8. Zero
9. Dillon
10. Lip

Last few are pretty much just filler to be honest.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
1. Ridley
Marx
3. King K. Rool
Waluigi
5. Rayman
Agumon
7. Frisk / The Human
A Dark Souls Character
9. Shovel Knight
Shantae

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
This will not be easy. There are plenty of characters that I would like, and support... So, going through an actual top 10 of what I most want, that will not be easy.

01. King K. Rool - No doubt my most wanted newcomer, ever since the start of Smash speculation days of Brawl. He is the sole reason I'm doing Smash speculation. I really hope this is his time to shine, he really deserves it, and so does his fans.

02. Chibi-Robo - No denying that this one is a charming piece of character concept. Yes, ever since Super Smash Flash 2 I've been madly in love with this idea, and he would be so much fun. I think this is a chance for him to happen, and I hope that.

03. Samurai Goroh - As we are talking those characters I want a lot, rather the prediction, it's safe to say that Goroh is amongst the ones I really want. He is my favourite F-Zero character, and the true rival to Captain Falcon, he also had an AT role, which now could be upgraded.

04. Lip - No doubt one of the most guilty pleasure picks of mine. The main reason for my support is my love for the Panel De Pon type of games, PDP and Pokémon Puzzle League for instance. I think she has a great pool of moves which could be elaborated into a playable character.

05. Balloon Fighter - No doubt my favourite pick as a retro. Ever since I heard he was considered for Melee, I thought that he would be a very interesting design, as he would be an air-based fighter which we do not have too many of. Jigglypuff might be the only true air-game fighter, maybe Kirby as well, but that's about it, I guess? Balloon Fighter is retro, he is air-game potential, and a beautiful tribute to dear Iwata-San.

06. Bandana Waddle Dee - It's no debate that BWD is the last member of the DK Crew *ahem* Kirby crew. Rounding up the Kirby gang quite smoothly, as well as having a great move-set potential for a design such simple. Super Smash Flash 2 has indeed affected my look regarding Smash.

07. Crash Bandicoot - The only 3rd Party pick I will be presenting, and that is because he is the last one I really desire. Back when Smash 4 was announced, Crash was not as high as he is by now. Considerably I could also have added Rayman, which is a character I'd like too (+ Bomberman), but as far as desires for an actual new 3rd Party, I want Crash the most.

08. Medusa - The only new Kid Icarus character I want, and the biggest reason for why I want her over the others is that she would be the palutena to Dark Pit. Also, perhaps the most perfect female villain character.

09. Doshin The Giant - Again, very unlikley, but it is a pipe-dream of mine. I actually had this game as a child. I found the character charming, and I found the lack of Doshin content very disturbing.

10. Waluigi - Captain Toad/Toad - Dixie Kong - Dark Samus - Ridley - Isaac - Takamaru - Krystal. - I can not just pick one, and I know that the point system might not work the same here, so let's just call this the "honorable mentions.

Last edited:

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
Haven't been on Smashboards in a while. Here's my Top 10.

10. Qbby (Boxboy)

9. Excitebiker

8. Tails (Sonic)

7. Tetris

6. Waluigi (Mario Spinoffs)

5. Skull Kid (Zelda)

4. Shovel Knight

3. Decidueye (Pokemon)

2. Isaac (Golden Sun)

1. Bandana Dee (Kirby)

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
1 Shantae,
2, Proto Man
3 Zero
4 Mega Man X (noticing a pattern with me lol)
5 King K Rool
6 Shovel knight
7 Ice climbers
8 Waluigi
9 Wolf
10 Decidueye

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this actually ended up being much more difficult than I expected. I'll probably change my mind later, but I promise I won't come back and make any confusing edits. Hope I'm not forgetting anyone, but I guess I don't actually want them that badly if that's the case.

10. Takamaru
9. Ashley
8. Dillon
7. Ridley
6. Sami
5. Adeleine
4. Captain Toad
3. Banjo-Kazooie
2. Isaac
1. King K. Rool

Honorable Mentions: Impa, Bandana Dee, Decidueye, Waluigi

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
1. King k rool

This has got to be when he at long last returns to the light and I have be nice wanting him for a long time

2. Ridley

Now come on you all know he's still possible even from sakurai statement he could end up as the villager of smash switch
And I have wanted Ridley since brawl (but not holding my breath for him that's for number 1 on this list)

3. Shovel knight

I saw him and I saw the potential he's should get connected to Nintendo like this

4. Banjo and kazooie

Come on guys make him relevant to Nintendo again.

5. Crash bandicoot

He would have never ben here but that wa until I spotted him for switch so this is his chance make Mario vs sonic vs crash happen another dream fight from back in the old days

6. Bandana dee

This is the last Kirby character who is possible make the square whole sakurai please and he deserves it

7. Viridi

She derserves this and I do like her a lot

8.Wolf

Bring him back he was my favorite character in brawl

9. Tails

Sonic made it twice I think sonic characters should get accepted for sonic making it to official characters

10. Waluigi

I think it's time to stop giving him side appearances and upgrade him to playable instead of assist trophy

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Nothing is in order other than the last four. If number one gets in I will literally never ask for anything from Sakurai again...unless he does something crazy like readding tripping.

10. Daisy
9. Waluigi
8. Impa (LoZ)
7. Viridi (Kid Icarus)
6. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
5. Krystal (Star Fox)
4. Knuckles (Sonic)
3. Bandana Dee
2. Brave Lucina (Fire Emblem Heroes)
1. Mimikyuu

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
10. Waluigi
9. Lyn
8. Banjo-Kazooie
7. Bandanna Dee
6. Ayumi Tachibana
5. Crash Bandicoot
4. Mike Jones
3. King K. Rool
2. Isaac
1. Andy (pretty plz Sakurai?)

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
1. King K Rool
2. Primarina
3. Banjo Kazooie
4. Takamaru
5. Crash Bandicoot
6. Isaac
7. Tsubasa Oribe
8. Ribbon Girl
9. Bomberman
10. Lana/Cia

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
1. Crash Bandicoot
2. Dixie Kong
3. Knuckles
4. Isaac
5. Gen 7 Pokemon
6. Arms character
7. King K Rool
8. Vaati
9. Bomberman
10. Joker from Persona 5

kylexv

Smash Master
10. Balloon Fighter
9. Shovel Knight
8. Decidueye
7. Skull Kid
6. Ridley
5. Mimikyu
4. Crash Bandicoot
3. Waluigi
2. King K. Rool
1. Bandanna Waddle Dee

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
My most wanted characters seem to change every time I think about who I want to see (except for no. 1, who will always be my most wanted), but at the time of writing, here they are:

10.) Balloon Fighter
9.) Celica
8.) Tingle
7.) Skull Kid
6.) Paper Mario
5.) Hector
4.) Waluigi
3.) Henry Fleming (Codename: S.T.E.A.M)
2.) Shovel Knight
1.) King K. Rool

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I belive the top amont of newcomers is about 15-18 but heres my 10.
10. Rex and pyra/mythra, an obvious given sakurai
9.Adeline, i want a true painter in smash to go against inklings... Plus i want her to return
8. Tethu(ever oasis), likely not unless nontendo wants to keep this franchise alive for a while
7. Min-Min(or an arms rep) seems obvious
6. Chibi robo, its finally time for him to shine
5. Prince Sable, i want him to get a remake and if he is sin sakurai might make his remake next... Also a great assist trophy
4. Poppi, i like her moreso for moveset variety... A little above rex
3. Shantae, i still have hope she gets in over Shovel knight
2. Ballon fighter, mostly for Iwatas legacy, villager can get a new up special.
1. Bandanna dee, my 1 hope that should get in sakurai please
This is in no order but of what i want.
Honrable 8 goes to Medli, Ashley(warioware),Takamaru, Lip, Decidueye, Masked man, Ashley(another code), Elma

Last edited by a moderator:

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
That's really hard to be honest. There's some characters I'd like to see but only a few I really want.

10) Krystal
9) Chibi Robo
8)Saki/Isa (from Sin & Punishment)
7) Poochy
6) Donkey Kong Jr.
5) Takamaru
4) Isaac/Matthew
3) Bandana Dee
2) Ridley
1) Zoroark

The first four are my favorites. Others like Chibi Robo would be nice to have but I don't need them desperately.

Yetiplays

Smash Cadet
Top 10
1. Bandana Waddle Dee - Kirby Rep - he's been increasingly more important in every game after return to dreamland, also that spear though.
2. Decidueye - Grass Starter Pokemon rep
3. Captain Toad/Toadette (Like Corrin and Robin) - Mario Rep - we need a toad and now they have a special one.
4. K-Rool - Donkey Kong Rep - MORE VILLIANS
5. Tetra - Zelda Rep - Only Zelda rep I can think of that is in more than one game, plus warriors made her ba
6.Chibi-Robo - Chibi-Robo Rep
7. Kamek - Yoshi Rep - Yoshi honestly seems like an extra Mario rep at this point, so a second character might help that.
8. Celica - Fire Emblem Rep - a non sword user and another female, alm could be in her final SMASH, could have magic that does damage to her.
9. Labo Boy - I saw a concept art for it, now I really want it
10. Ridley - Even if sakuri said he didn't beleive he'd be able to add him I can have hope Dammit.

Honorable mentions
Waluigi
Dixie
Sylux
Ashley
Anna
Spring Man/Ribbon Girl

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
My Personal top Ten as of now

1. Bartz Klauser - My most wanted. Full of potential with the "Job System" being a Black Mage, White Mage, Thief, Knight, Ninja, Mimic, you name it. Multiple weapons and magic opportunities and tactics to draw for. So much creativity to utilize
  2. King K. Rool - My second most wanted. The multiple "personas" with multiple methods of attacks. This villain has much more going for him than just being a DK villain.
  3. Takamaru - I don't think we got a samurai styled sword user. Plus, he's from his own franchise and he's a "retro" pick, that kind of character tends to show up.
  4. Heihachi Mishima - He was considered once, he can be considered again. Plus, he is wacky enough to fit in Smash and has a good moveset to draw upon.
  5. Dr. Eggman - This crazy scientific robot making genius has tons of potential to work with. His mech use can differ from Bowser Jr greatly.
  6. B.J Blazkowicz - A DOS era hero that, if continuities are mixed, has laser weapons, a magic medallion, explosive weaponry, a spoiler affecting him, and is confirmed for the in development Quake Champions. His home game has a legacy alongside another one from the same company.
  7. Doom Marine/Slayer/Guy - No matter what he's called, he's from the the popular Doom games. He's got a mixture of an arsenals ranging from a rocket launcher, to plasma/laser weapons, to even brutal melee strikes with his fists. Another DOS era character with a huge legacy that slightly larger than Wolfenstein.
  8. Wonder Red - A cool warrior who not only is a hand-to-hand fighter, but uses other people (quite literally) for helping bring the extra heroic power.
  9. Phoenix Wright - This lawyer is not only popular, but he's been through a lot, both in his home franchise (Ace Attorney) and outside of it with Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Project X Zone games. There's some potential he's got for an "accidental" fighter.
  10. Geno - He's a cool character from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, which started RPG sub-franchises of Mario games. Plus, this character was actually highly wanted and almost made it to Smash. Licensing prevented his entry on that account of entry.
Honorable Mentions: Decidueye, any Gen 2, 3, and 5 Pokémon that are different in type, Any Belmont family/clan member in classic Castlevania, Terry Bogard

Blazko later gains an artificial body which allows him to do wall blasting charges, higher jumps, and better way of crawling through tight spaces.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
1. Paper Mario
2. Toad
3. Chibi Robo
4. Rhythm Heaven
5. Pig Ganon
6. Lip
7. Spring Man
8. Bandanna Dee
9. King K. Rool
10. Dixie Kong

Last edited:

Saenen

Smash Rookie
10. Zero (Mega Man) - This one is bias, since I grew up playing the Mega Man X and Zero series games. I feel like his various techniques could be really cool in Smash, plus energy swords are awesome.
9. Masked Man (Mother 3) - Kind of a pipe dream, but he's who I want if we get another Mother rep. He has so much moveset potential, what with his varied arsenal.
8. Isaac (Golden Sun) - I'd love to see Golden Sun get recognized, and Isaac is definitely the character to do it. I think it'd be nice to have another magic wielder as well, and an earth magic user at that.
7. Paper Mario (Paper Mario) - I loved the gameplay of the first 2 Paper Mario games, and think that the companion system would lend to an interesting character. Plus, he could possibly have some cool stuff based around the timing mechanics from those games, or even some transformation abilities, whether it be The Thousand Year Door's folding or Super Paper Mario's transitioning between 2 and 3D.
6. Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) - I, like many people, loved Shovel Knight, and feel like he would fit perfectly in Smash. Definitely my first choice for an indie rep.
5. Sora (Kingdom Hearts) - My second pipe dream, considering Disney and whatnot. The combination of magic and keyblade could be interesting, plus I just love Kingdom Hearts.
4. Geno (Mario) - I feel like his only chances come from being a Mii outfit in Smash 4 and the possibility of a retro character. However, I'd love to see Geno's return to relevance.
3. Impa (Zelda) - My first choice for a new Zelda rep (in harsh competition with Vaati, but she seems more likely). I think if her Hyrule Warriors design was worked off of, She could be really cool with a combination of her naginata and giant blade.
2. Waluigi (Mario) - He's just so wacky. Sakurai could really go anywhere with Waluigi, and I'd love to see how crazy he'd end up being.
1. Bandana Dee (Kirby) - I've always loved Waddle Dees, so I fell in love when I first saw this little guy. I'd like for the Kirby quartet to be fully represented as well. Also spears are cool.

Some honorable mentions would be the Champions from Breath of the Wild, Fjorm and Ephraim from Fire Emblem, Vaati, Ganon, and Sylux.

Edit: Believe it or not, my explanation on Bandana Dee wasn't supposed to say "wekk."

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
10. Takamaru
9. Decidueye/Any grass-type starter
8. NiGHTS
7. Knuckles
6. Bandana Dee
5. Joker/P5 Protag
4. Isaac
3. Rex and Pyra
2. Ashley
1. Phoenix Wright

Last edited:

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
Alright, well since I'm back on these forums due to 5mash hype I'm gonna drop my own list here...

10. *REWORK* Ganondorf - Legend of Zelda (Series)
Ganondorf is the king of evil and deserves a unique move-set like other big baddies such as Bowser and King Dedede. Ganondorf only made it into Melee due to his physical likeness to Captain Falcon which gave him his nearly identical move-set. It is about time the Gerudo King was given his own moves instead of being a slower clone of a character from a racing game! I only have him this low since he isn't "new" and if he remains to have high power with slow attacks I likely won't play him even if he does get changed. But a clone character is not what the king deserves to represent him.

9. Captain Toad - Mario (Series)
For a long time the Toad people have been neglected as little more than a cute side-character. Outside of a few specific toads such as Toadsworth they have often been used to fill in the role of a generic character. Though recently we have received word of a Toad seeking adventure, Captain Toad! A lot of players have taken a fondness for him since he was introduced in Super Mario 3D World for Wii U. even getting his own game! His more adventurous style and gear can help develop ideas for a move-set appropriate to a fighting game. My only concern is that the Mario roster of characters is fairly large already and adding too many will have the roster feeling lob-sided towards the Mario series.

8. Bandanna Waddle Dee - Kirby (Series)
The Waddle Dee wearing a bandanna may have originally appeared as somewhat insignificant when it made its first appearance, however modern kirby games have kept this guy as one of the playable characters when playing multiplayer along with the others, Metaknight and King Dedede, who are already in smash. The Waddle Dee is arguably not that relevant but with their iconic appearance (The blue bandanna) they stand out to many players while wielding a unique weapon, the spear. Strong potential for a unique fighter

7. Tiki - Fire Emblem: Awakening
Tiki is an interesting option, she is a lot more difficult to invent a move-set for but she is a lot more important to Fire Emblem, existing in multiple games throughout the series. She would represent as a manakete among other species within Fire Emblem that can completely transform into another being. The manakete were dragons and shapeshifters, offering a more diverse representation than just swords and magic that Fire Emblem is often represented as. Admittedly Corrin already is a shapeshifter so Tiki's odds, along with her difficulty in making a move-set, are rather low.

6. Andy - Advance Wars
From the series known as Advance Wars, Andy has always appeared as the face that best represents those games being the main protagonist of the original game. Andy is a young and clever mechanic as a commander of the Orange Star faction. Wielding his trusty wrench/spanner could show some interesting and creative uses in combat. Using specials that call upon aid from various military units. His Final Smash would heal him, spawn a few units to wreak havoc and adds some defensive stats to himself to keep in line with his CO power Hyper Repair/Hyper Upgrade. The series has been rather underrated and unfortunately not well known as a strategic turn-based war game.

5. Banjo and Kazooie - Banjo-Kazooie & Banjo-Tooie
The nostalgic bird and bear, a favourite from a lot of people's youth solving puzzles to find and collect jiggies to stop the nasty witch Gruntilda. An instant classic. Unfortunately with Rare's re-acquisition by Microsoft the odds aren't high. Though similar to how Sakurai designed Megaman for smash bros., I have faith if Banjo got in he would keep the duo true to their original forms from the classic N64 days when they were on Nintendo consoles. From the original two games they have a ton of potential moves to use, possibly even the short hover in the air when using a double-jump before dropping like they would on the N64. There is hope even if it isn't the best, but even going this long without a true sequel the fan-base is still around. The success of Yooka-Laylee's kickstarter is largely because of people that craved that Banjo experience once again. These two may not be around much anymore, but they are far from forgotten.

4. Rex and Pyra - Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Well I recently got Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for the Switch and I was far from disappointed. While there were some annoyances with managing things in your menu, the story and characters far exceeded my expectations. Furthermore, both Rex and The Aegis Pyra/Mythra have left an impression on a lot of people. Perhaps the game is "too anime" or "we don't need another xenoblade rep" (assuming Shulk returns), I feel there is a lot of potential for this duo with Pyra's Fire, Mythra's Light and various sword arts I doubt it would be difficult to come up with an interesting play-style. I guess it really depends on their popularity in other countries and what Sakurai ultimately decides.

3. Quote - Cavestory
Quote is the android protagonist of Cavestory, a well made adventure game that focuses on quick and precise combat and a story where decisions are meaningful. This game was something people still fondly remember and for good reasons, having also been featured on multiple Nintendo platforms via the e-shop. It starts off with just jumping around shooting enemies but everything from the music and presentation, to the story was really something ahead of its time. The music and pixel art really rings to me as a great representative for indie games. Though Quote has many weapons in his arsenal to use, the competition against Shovel Knight is was leaves me worrying the character will ever be recognized.

Music Samples:
Main Theme
To The Grasslands!
Pressure
Labyrinth Fight
Last Battle

2. Camilla - Fire Emblem: Fates
Camilla stood out for numerous reasons within Fire Emblem: Fates and although we got Corrin (Who has a very interesting move-set), Camilla has her own stance on fighting. Utilizing both an axe and magic who may call upon her wyvern, The Nohrian Beauty has much potential as something that isn't just another sword-wielder. Though the question is do we really need another Fire Emblem representative? Honestly, not really, but that doesn't stop me from wanting it. I'm under the impression Lucina will likely be a Marth costume and that spot could be filled with another from the series.

1. Bomberman - Bomberman (Series)
Bomberman. What needs to be said? Bomberman has always been a classic. Blowing up your opponents while breaking walls and grabbing power-ups in silly multiplayer fun. Who could forget? Coming up with a move-set wouldn't be terribly difficult either even if everything revolves around the use of bombs. He isn't quite on level with Pacman, Mario, Sonic and Megaman for classic characters, but he is close and such an important character to gaming history! With Pacman and Megaman coming into Sm4sh, adding Bomberman to the roster seems like a logical step in that direction to have a fair number of classic icons.

Last edited:

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
Here is my Top 10 Wishlist!! From most important descending to the least.
  1. Ridley (Metroid): Arguably the most deserving out of any character I can think of that needs to be playable right now. And the only character deserving of being Metroid's second rep as well as one of the last main villains from Nintendo's history to be excluded. I don't think I have to say anymore than that.
  2. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong): Similar reasons to Ridley. Main villain of the DK Series and one of the last main characters from the major franchises to not be included. DK needs a villain rep to stand up to the Kongs.
  3. Isaac (Golden Sun): As a major fan of Golden Sun, he is an underrated rep from an underrated series in Nintendo's history. He has such a wealthy array of skills and abilities that would make for one of the most unique swordsmen in the series.
  4. De-Cloned Ganondorf/Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf: I can't say this enough, DE-CLONE HIM ALREADY. I MEAN REALLY.
  5. Decidueye (Pokemon): We are in desperate need of a Grass Starter with the absence of Ivysaur, and what better rep than the star of Pokemon Sun and Moon!
  6. Ray 01 (Custom Robo): A fully customizable robot from another of Nintendo's classic series. Ray 01 hails from Custom Robo for the Gamecube, an incredible multiplayer game that showcased this amazing series. He has endless possibilities with the gratuitous arsenal of weaponry from his series. A fun and unique addition.
  7. Krystal (Star Fox): A magic user and a female addition to boot, she would be an incredible addition to the Star Fox crew with the inclusion of her staff.
  8. Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot): With the N. Sane Trilogy on Switch, I can't see why this icon can't make his grand entrance to the Smash series!
  9. Dark Samus (Metroid): Another unique villain from Metroid that represents the Prime Series. My only beef is that she be added AFTER Ridley due to seniority. But, she would be a great addition.
  10. Kalas (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean): My out-of-left-field choice. A VERY underrated and forgotten series from the Gamecube, Kalas would have a unique spin on the swordsman with his flight, Magus Cards, and so many other aspects of this beautiful RPG. A total pipe dream for sure, but hey, a guy can dream right?
Honorable mentions to Marx, Banjo & Kazooie, Kamek, Midna, Geno, Skullkid, and Dixie

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
My updated Smash 5 Top 10 Most Wanted Newcomers:

1. King K. Rool
2. Ridley
3. Bandana Dee
4. Waluigi
5. Rayman
6. Banjo & Kazooie
7. Shantae
8. Shovel Knight
9. Simon Belmont
10. Chrom

My honorable mentions: Isaac, Ray 01, Dark Samus, Andy, Black Shadow, Young Link (Majora's Mask), Porky, Paper Mario, Chorus Kids, Takamaru

3rd Party honorable mentions: Crash, Spyro, Agumon, Leon, Bomberman, Sora, Lara Croft, Ryu Hayabusa

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
1. Savvy Stylist (Style Savvy/Girls Mode/Style Boutique)
2. Anna (Fire Emblem)
3. Elma (Xenoblade X)
4. Ayumi Tachibana (Famicon Detective Club)
5. Lip (Panel de pon)
6. Rodin (Bayonetta)
7. Phosphora (Kid Icarus)
8. Pauline
9. Takamaru
10. Shantae

Honorary mention goes to Isaac (Golden Sun), Dark Samus, Linkle, Saki (Sin and Punishment), Impa (Legend of Zelda), and Bandana Dee.

Extra honorary mention goes to Adol Christin from Ys. Ys 8 is going to be on the Switch; welcome back, my sweet adventurer. He has a snowballs chance compared to the other characters I listed, but he'd be a cool WTF RPG third party pick like Cloud. Plus Falcom makes great games/music. Criminally underrated videogame company.

Last edited:

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013
1. King K. Rool
2. Ridley
3. Decidueye
4. Bandana Dee
5. Travis Touchdown
6. Geno
7. Rex
8. Waluigi
9. Funky Kong
10. Hades

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
1. Chorus Men (or any other Rhythm Heaven character)
2. Spring Man
3. Decidueye
4. Dixie Kong
5. Banjo & Kazooie
6. Chibi-Robo
7. Balloon Fighter
8. 9-Volt (from WarioWare, fighting with Nintendo hardware)
9. King K. Rool
10. Bandana Waddle Dee

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I'm a bit of an oddball when it comes to my most wanted, but that's alright.

1. Daitoryo
Frankly, I have him as my number one because I would be beyond stoked to see my prediction on him turn out to be right. Secondarily, I actually really enjoy Hanafuda cards, owning a Daitoryo Deck, a Mario deck, and an old non-Nintendo set from likely the early 1910s or so in pristine condition.

2. Elma
This is an extremely hard one to pick, but I adored Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Elma was my favorite of the main cast, no question. Her dual-swords and dual-pistols setup would be awesome to have in Smash, and I think I would pick her up intuitively. It would also practically guarantee that Nintendo still cares about that branch of the series, which would be awesome.

3. Captain Toad
I love this character maybe a little too much. I've supported Toad in Smash since middle school, and he just keeps growing on me. I'm hopeful that the good Captain will be recognized and that I'll get to try him out at long last.

4. Takamaru
Elma, Captain Toad, and Takamaru were all fighting for the second spot, and Takamaru ended up here only barely behind them. I've played The Mysterious Murasame Castle myself, and I loved it. I've collected an insane amount of historical stuff about him online, and his story just fascinates me. He's a Samurai/Ninja apprentice who saves Japan from an onslaught of aliens that go down in history as the Japanese yokai of lore. How cool is that?!

5. Ganon (Beast)
The villain of A Link to the Past, A Link Between Worlds, Breath of the Wild, and the ultimate form of Ganondorf in Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. He's a giant boar with a trident and offensive magic that other Zelda characters can only dream of. Fire, lightning, darkness, summoning, and transfiguration are all powers of this dude. His realization in Smash is unlikely, but would be truly awesome.

6. Ridley
God, I love Ridley. As a character he's menacing and cunning, and as an enemy he's a terror to behold, a dragon with a tail that can pierce the hulls of warships and fire that can roast hunters alive. He's so filled with potential, and I would give up an ear for Sakurai to come back to the idea of implementing him.

7. Impa
The Sage of Shadow and protector of Princess Zelda, user of Sheikah martial and magical arts. Unlike Sheik, who specializes in deftness and agility above anything else to protect herself from Ganondorf, I imagine Impa as an adept fighter who would fight tooth and nail to keep what she loves safe. Whether wielding a long dagher, a giant's knife, or a naginata, her skills would be impeccably polished. Further, her use of magical barriers and teleportation would make her difficult to catch off guard.

8. Isabelle
While I'm not expecting her, her charm has definitely won me over. The trusted and beloved assistant of the mayor in New Leaf, she is known for her dedication to her work and her endearing clumbsiness. I imagine her moveset would include a number of aspects of the series that haven't yet been included, namely public works projects, furniture placement, and holiday items.

9. Sukapon
The comedy-robot-turned-battler, I've always had a soft spot for Sukapon. I've played through his game and his cute, pseudo-dancing ranged limb style would be a welcome addition to the cast.

10. Rex and Pyra
I played the hell out of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and I would love to see a character from the game included, albeit not before Elma. Pyra herself is a lovely character and I have a soft spot for her, so she'd be a make it or break it part of the duo.

Honorable mention: Springman/Ribbon Girl

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I'll give it a shot:

1) Doom Slayer
I mean, with Doom being such a big point in gaming history, it would make sense! And for those who say that he'd be too violent and gory, they could use the blood effects of the old Doom games to be within boundaries.

2) Buzzwole
This titanic Ultra Beast is just as powerful as he is popular. He could be unique in the sense that he could drain energy from his foes to increase his attack power! He'd be perfect!

3) Decidueye
With him being in Pokken DX and the first in his evolutionary line being the most popular Alola Pokemon, Decidueye's chances are pretty high.

4) Spring Man
ARMS was an amazing game, and although a lot of people would prefer Ribbon Girl, Spring Man alone has more unique properties than Ribbon Girl (I mean, multiple jumps were given to Pit/too, all Kirby reps, Jigglypuff and Charizard), which include his perma-charged ARMS at low health (or high damage in this case), and a deflect wave.

5) Elma
I've only seen gameplay of Xenoblade X, but I think Elma would be perfect for this game for her ability to change between short swords and pistols! Not to mention, her Skell would be a perfect Final Smash.

6) Rex and Pyra/Mythra
Xenoblade 2 was fun as hell for me, and I believe the Driver of the Aegis would be pretty unique himself, he'd be nowhere near similar to Shulk! Also, I believe that for Rex, they could give him a mechanic that I won't spoil for those who haven't gone that far into the story. (Those who don't know would feel it's all Greek for them, but those who did probably took their breath away and would put the spirit of the character!)

7) Labo
Nintendo Labo looks to be in development since just a few weeks after Smash Bros 4 DLC was fully released, and tbh, Labo would be a perfect WTF character. Maybe he could be a cardboard recreation of the robot who'd use other Toy-Cons in his moveset, or it could be the Laboman that's popular on Twitter right now.

8) Bandana Waddle Dee
With Kirby Star Allies having Bandana Dee, as well as Waddle Dee being the most iconic Kirby enemy, this little guy has quite the following. I remember playing as this guy in Kirby's Return to Dreamland, and he seems like an extremely fun character to implement into Smash Bros.

9) Ridley
The space dragon of the Metroid franchise has been chopped liver in the Smash Bros. franchise, but until recently, I've gained more hope for this monster than I had before. I'm very confident that this guy would be in Smash, and he has potential to be unique. I saw one concept that really caught my attention. This Ridley concept gave him three stances: a quadrupedal stance which gives him a crouch, faster movement speed and the smallest size but less attack speed and attack power, a bipedal stance that gives him faster and more powerful attacks but removes his ability to crouch, slightly increases his size and reduces his speed (Both stances would change using the Down B of this moveset), and an aerial stance (Accessed using Up B) that gives him a spread-out in his attacks, high air speed and free movement, but this stance has a time limit, his attacks are less accurate and an enormous size. Honestly, when I saw that, I thought it was raw genius!

10) Takamaru
He was obscure once, but eventually he seems to have gained popularity thanks to his Assist Trophy status in the last game, his game releasing in 3DS Virtual Console and his appearance in Samurai Warriors 3. I feel like Takamaru's chances are quite high here.

Top Bottom