• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 Favorite Pokemon

Suzie

The Epitome of an Unparalleled Knight
Hmm, I can't think of my top 10 at the moment, but I do know that my favorite is Lucario ! When first seeing Lucario, I loved its design, and thought he was super amazing. Then after watching Pokemon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, I started liking Lucario more than I did before. So I've really liked Lucario's quite awhile <3.

the8thark

Smash Lord
My favourite 10 in random order

- Mew
- Mewtwo
- Garydos
- Venasaur
- Articuno
- Moltres
- Unknown
- Meowth
- Murkrow
- Lunatone

Last edited:

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
my favorites are :011: and :129:

comes from the grind of having to raise these pokemon for them to evolve, i grew attached to them in the process.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Hard to choose, and some move around, butttt...

1. Luxray
2. Rhydon/Rhyperior
3. Gyarados
4. Volcarona
5. Honedge/Doublade/Aegislash
6. Togekiss
7. Mewtwo
8. Pikachu
9. Goomy/Goodra
10. Aggron

Last edited:

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.

I kind of didn't put much thought into organization and everything for this list; but all of these are definitely top faves, maybe just not in that order. Top 3 though is solid. Cubone <3

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I forgot I'd post my top 10 non legendaries. Ok.

In no particular order:

-Greninja. Dat ninja froggeh.

-Golurk. Iron Giant pls.

-Gengar. Favorite non legendary Ghost.

-Aegislash. Golurk done right.

-Garchomp. Broken.

-Scizor. Yay steel bugs not named Genesect.

-Sylveon. Dat cuddly thingy.

-Smeargle. Doggeh with every move. What's not to like?

-Tyranitar. Godzilla much?

-Magnezone. Fetching design.

Mask and Mirror

Smash Apprentice
This is very difficult, so these are just off the top of my head and not in order.

1. Torterra
2. Hoppip
3. Jumpluff
4. Dragalgae
5. Jigglypuff
6. Bayleef
7. Kyogre
8. Furret
9. Serperior
10. Musharna

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
1. Cyndaquil

2. Lugia

3. Cuebone

4. Raichu

5. Squirtle

6. Rayquaza

7. Garchomp

8. Victini

9. Espeon

10. Charizard

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
1. Pikachu
2. Lugia
3. Mewtwo
4. Lucario
5. Espeon
6. Garchomp
7. Charizard
8. Fennekin
9. Keldeo
10. Greninja

I have a lot of favorite Pokemon, but I chose the ones I like the most.

Gamr_8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamer807
1) Leafeon

2) Smeargle

3) Gardevoir

4) Aegislash

5) Greninja

6) Raichu

7) Flareon

8) Shaymin

9) Eevee

10) Diggersby

(Yeah sorry for no stories for each entry but hey I made another list!)

Rick Sure

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrJigglypuff1996
My Top 10

1. Dunsparce (I JUST LOVE THE DESIGN [also, diverse moveset])

2. Lugia

3. Kangaskhan

4. Feraligatr

5. Jolteon

6. Garchomp

7. Heracross

8. Reshiram

9. Slowking

10. Haunter

D

Deleted member

I'm not going to get into much detail but here we go:
10. Glalie
9. Vaporeon
8. Grovyle
7. Reshiram
6. Mewtwo
5. Gallade
4. Eevee
3. Rayquaza
2. Greninja
1. Charizard

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I have so many favorite Pokémon that it is hard to choose from, but I'll try;

1. Pikachu. This Pokemon will always hold a special place in my heart.

2. Aipom. I first encountered this Pokemon when I was headbutting trees for fun. When I encountered it, I knew I had to have it.

3. Buizel. To be honest, the way he acted in the anime was the hook, but I love his design as well.

4. Zangoose. Looking at him just screams epic.

5. Dragonite. Easily my most favorite dragon type. A combination of cute and awesome.

6. Absol. Especially Mega Absol.

7. Sceptile. Epic, but Mega Sceptile is even more epic.

8. Flygon. He's just different from most dragon type Pokemon. I simply just love him.

9. Luxray. Another Pokemon that just simply screams awesome.

10. Latios/Latias. I love their designs and they're easily my second favorite legendary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
Before I start, my first and second favorite are very close in the competition for my favorite pokémon, and they have swapped positions over the years, but the rest of the list is somewhat in a solid order since the first 6 are my ideal team, and the rest are ones I love too, but not enough to knock out the ones near the top.

1. Flygon - Flygon is just so awesome, under-appreciated, overshadowed (I'm looking at you garchomp), and HE NEEDS A MEGA! I feel like flygon is the super-cool nerd of pokémon, so basically who I aspire to be.
2. Lapras - This beauty is such a cool pokémon. For being tiered so low, it is incredibly powerful if played right, and it is so versatile with its moveset, it can surprise many people. And it is simultaneously beautiful, majestic, powerful, and amazing.
3. Goodra - This is one of the few cute yet super powerful pokémon out there in my opinion, and I love its entire evolutionary line. I also like more defensive pokémon, and goodra is one of the best defensive walls!
4. Steelix - Steelix has such high defense, it can tank super-effective moves, and still have time to get set up with curse, and slam people with earthquake or gyro ball, both deal huge damage after a boost from curse. Also, I love steelix's goofy grin!
5. Milotic - It is canon that this is the most beautiful pokémon, and it certainly is. Also, it is a great tank for either physical or special moves, and I love serpentine pokémon.
6. Mawile - Watch mawile in the anime. It is not evil at all, contrary to how it looks. It does a ballet ribbon dance with its trainer, and is so cute! But piss it off, and you are gonna get bit. I love that personality! Also, its mega evolution has the highest base attack stat of any pokémon counting its ability huge power. Cute, but deadly!
7. Darmanitan - This pokémon was made to do one thing: Use flare blitz, and use it well! With a sunny day, darmanitan's flare blitz with STAB, sheer force, and possibly a fire gem destroys all walls. If that somehow fails, use another uber powerful move like superpower, earthquake, or thrash! No wall is safe!
8. Serperior - One problem with most defensive pokémon is that they are slow, but serperior is defensive, and super fast! And a serpent! Bonus! Serperior is probably my favorite starter.
9. Scolipede - I am not a fan of bug types. I don't like bugs in real life, or in pokémon, but scolipede is an exception. For some reason, it just looks nice to me, has decent stats and coverage, and is just pretty cool in general! The only good bug.
10. Swanna? The reason I put a question mark is because there are so many other Pokémon I love that are not going to make it on this list if. I put swanna here. I like swanna because it is a great HM slave, and it is beautiful. Since stats of a HM slave don't matter, it wins purely through aesthetics, typing, moveset, and how common it is, and swanna in my opinion best fits the spot.
Other Pokémon in contention for spot 10 are:
Charizard, sharpedo, dunsparce, cradily, braviary, lucario, sigilyph, umbreon, yanma, and gigalith

Last edited:

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
I'm lame so I have less than ten favorites. In no specific order:

Mewtwo - Product of a cloning experiment gone bad. Seeks vengeance against the world with its unfathomable psychic power. What's not to like?
Kabutops - I've always liked collecting fossils ever since I was a kid so anything prehistoric captivated me.
Celebi - It can travel through time. Nuff said.
Gengar
Ho-Oh
-
I've always wondered what that glorious bird was that ash caught a glimpse of at the at the end of the first episode of Pokemon. Man, oh man, did they make me wait!
Suicune

I stopped following Pokemon after generation II

Last edited:

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
I guess I can bump this thread. That's fine, right?

In order...

1. Gengar - The first Pokemon I ever loved (I guess that sounds dramatic, but yeah, it's true). As I was playing through blue, no pokemon really caught my eye until I encountered Haunter. I loved him, immediately caught him, and have been taken by the original Ghost family ever since.

2. Gastly - Possibly the best aesthetically of his family. Love him.

3. Treecko - Best starter ever, hands down. Adore him.

4. Haunter - See above

5. Gyarados/Magikarp - Sorry, this one's a tie. Two of my favorite mons. Always have one in my party, along with Gengar, without fail. Love the whole idea behind this pair.

6. Gourgeist - 2nd best ghost. Adorable. Creative. <3

7. Litwick - Best Gen V Pokemon.

8. Duskull - 2nd Best Gen III Pokemon

9. Escavalier - Favorite bug. One of my favorite pokemon conceptually as well. Awesome.

10. Wynaut - Probably the Pokemon I most wish I had IRL. What a great thing.

OVERTIME (since 3 of my top 10 are from the Gastly family)
11. Luxray - First cat-like pokemon I ever really liked. Shame its moveset is kinda limited.
12. Golurk - HM02
13. Feraligatr - Fully evolved 2nd favorite starter.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
1. Charizard - My Childhood Hero

2. Pangoro - Panda Bear Pokemon. Nuff Said.

3. Chesnaught - Tank Acorn too stronk

4. Swampert - Also has the best mega

5. Krookodile - Pimp shades. His cry is an electric guitar

6. Gliscor - Has adorable facial expressions in the anime

7. Milotic - So bootyful

8. Zigzagoon - The only pet I'd ever need

9. Feraligatr - Chomp Chomp

10. Druddigon - Cute in an abominable monster kinda way

Honerable mentions go to Blastoise, Aggron, Sandshrew, Umbreon, Sammurott, and Cinccino

:006:

Last edited:

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
This is not in any particular order except for #1 and most of these choices were decided by how cool/cute they looked btw. XD

1. Pikachu - He's so cute yet so bad*** at the same time. Also one of my favorites in Smash.
2. Greninja - Cool design and the fact that he's a ninja.
3. Gallade - He's sooooo cool.
4. Gengar - His creepy yet adorable appearance.
5. Eevee - Super cute and he has the awesome ability to evolve into many forms.
6. Genesect - An ancient robot bug with a giant laser cannon. What's not to love?
7. Lucario - Bad*** and has Aura powers. Super strong too.
8. Togekiss - Very useful and cute.
9. Magikarp/Gyarados - It's funny how something so simple and useless turns into a monster.
10. Turtwig - One of the most important Pokemon in my life. I feel like I can't live without his contributions to my life XD

Honerable Mentions: Bidoof, Garchomp, Absol, Marill, Sharpedo, Charizard, Zoroark, Gardevoir, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, Blaziken

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
10: Maril (First favorite pokemon when I got soul silver since I was 11)
9: Ivysuar (He's the more awesome looking in the bulbasuar family)
8: Flareon (I like evee and fire. he even finished off the kanto pokemon league in fire red)
7: Articuno (my first legendary bird in soul silver)
6: Porygon-Z (He has good moves and he looks way better as a shiny)
5: Milotic (Great pokemon I used in ruby)
4: Glaceon (I ran through the snow route in Pearl and evee evolved next to the ice stone when I fought pokemon)
3: Dewott (The only favorite water pokemon I love. Never want him to evolve. EVER.)
2: Torterra (my favorite grass starter that is like a tank. massive attack power)
1: Gallade (I love ralts and I accidentally got it male. Then I heard about evolving it with a stone and now, He is my best pokemon ever.

Last edited:

/

/

/

Top 5 from each generation:
Gen 1
1. Gengar
2. Charizard
3. Gyarados
4. Arbok
5. Magneton

Gen 2
1. Crobat
2. Feraligatr
3. Steelix
4. Scizor
5. Ariados

Gen 3
1. Sceptile/Metagross
2. Sharpedo
3. Seviper
4. Camerupt
5. Rayquaza

Gen 4
1. Torterra
2. Garchomp
3. Gliscor/Drapion
4. Dusknoir
5. Magnezone

Gen 5
1. Krookodile
2. Zekrom
3. Emboar/Serperior
4. Carracosta
5. Galvantula

Gen 6
1. Chesnaught
2. Tyrantrum
3. Malamar
4. Aegislash
5. Dragalge

Last edited:

WalkOnARainbow

Smash Cadet
That's a hard decision. Since I like so many Pokemon.

But I can try to mention ten that I like. Not sure if it's a top ten, but ten Pokemon that are beloved to me.

1. Diancie
2. Audino
3. Sylveon
4. Victini
5. Pachirisu
6. Bellossom
7. Plusle
8. Minun
9. Pikachu
10. Emolga

I would love to include a lot of others. I love so many Pokemon and it's hard to choose.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
(May later provide reasoning)

1. Jigglypuff
She was my favorite character in the anime (also love the design and expressions). Because of her inclusion in Smash, playing as her only increased my love of the character.

2. Meganium
While I did own Yellow and play Red/Blue before getting Gold, Gold was really the first Pokémon game I especially loved, with Meganium as my first starter. I raised it to level 100, raised another to a comprobally high level, and ran through the game rest of the game with them only, including the Elite 4 upwards of 16 times.

3. Chandelure
Love the design on every form of this one ever since I first laid eyes on it. It's stat layout and the fact that it was the first competitive Pokémon I've bred also ranks it high.

4. Floette
Love the design on this one too, particularly the story-relevant counterpart.

5. Mega Banette
This is an odd case where I never gave the original Pokémon any thought until the Mega Forme was released. This design is just perfect IMO.

6. Mega Beedrill
Same as above, along with outrageous stat breakdowns.

7. Ferrothorn
Not only does it look amazing, but it is a great battler. Easily my best competitive mon.

8. Marshtomp
I picked this as my gen 3 starter and it did not disappoint. Much preferred to Sceptile and Combusken.

9. Cherrim
Design. I just seem to love the designs of grass-like Pokémon.

10. Rayquaza
Design.

Last edited:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I've refrained from posting my list here for a long time because I am so indecisive that it's very difficult for me to say, and then I remembered this site that sort of helps with that. Not 100% accurate, but it certainly helps narrow it down without having to look at the massive list of Pokemon and narrow it down to 10 from 721. (Although that site doesn't include Diancie, Hoopa, or Volcanion.)

The list I got from the site is below, but I think I'd shuffle the order around a bit.

This one, there's no question about. For one, I just love the typing. Bug type as an attacking type has always really appealed to me (at least, once bug type started being viable and having options better than Twinneedle) and despite not being a huge fan of real bugs, bug-type Pokemon appeal to me a lot. And even real moths are cool in my book. I also just love the mashup of two clashing types, fire and bug. But overall, Volcarona's design just completely appeals to me and I find it really fun to use, to the extent that I've gone through the extreme lengths necessary to use it on an in-game team in all but one of my gen 5 playthroughs (and the only time I didn't use it that one time is because I figured I should give an opening for other Pokemon I don't have extensive experience with).

The regis have been a longtime favorite of mine, something that I think partially stems from how much I enjoyed the puzzle of uncovering them in their original appearance. Typically, the only thing involved in finding so-called legendary Pokemon is traversing a cave, but for the Regis it really felt legendary to me, because you had to discover the secret cavern in a mess of currents and then had to decipher a "code" (it's just Braille, so all you need to do is look it up, but still), and still you have to do a bit more to unlock the caverns themselves and then the chambers housing the regis. Why Regirock itself is such a favorite of mine I can't say (I love the whole original trio, but none as much as Regirock), but it's my favorite legendary and one of my favorite Pokemon. I certainly think its role in Lucario and the Mystery of Mew helped; the regis as a whole were pretty intimidating in that movie, but Regirock had the biggest role and the sounds it made were really cool/creepy, though admittedly I'm pretty sure I loved Regirock plenty before I saw that movie.

Formerly my #1, I love Tropius a lot. A friend once said that Tropius was sort of an embodiment of the Hoenn region itself and that interpretation has stuck with me. Given how much I love the Hoenn region, that's one thing that gave it a +1 in my book. It's also just a really cool and interesting design in my opinion, sort of a brachiosaurus mixed with a tree, and it can fly using leaf-wings. Admittedly not the most viable battler, but given the rest of my list it's clear that that doesn't exactly factor into my decision.

I grew up on Sonic the Hedgehog so I sort of have an ingrained affinity for hedgehogs, and Shaymin was our first (and, to date, only) hedgehog Pokemon, not to mention a grass type (Bulbasaur was my first starter, or at least the first one I completed Red version with, so I feel a permanent bond to that type as a whole), and that gave it a leg up. There was some negativity toward Shaymin back between 4th and 5th gen, and the urge to defend sort of ended up boosting my opinion of Shaymin, and got me to do a solo run through Pearl with a Shaymin, which only strengthened my love of it. And I mean, it's just kind of adorable. This applies pretty exclusively to Land Forme, of course, as I've never been terribly fond of Sky Forme, though I don't have the same burning hatred for it I once did.

Since I first encountered Castform in third gen, I thought it was such a neat Pokemon, though I didn't actually end up using it in any capacity until very recently, in my first playthrough of Omega Ruby (and despite expectations, I actually found it to be pretty good for in-game use). I just love the concept of it and how malleable it is thanks to its ability. Third gen introduced a handful of Pokemon that are non-evolving that I liked, and I was always kind of disappointed at how they've been left behind in "relatively useless" territory, but none has disappointed me as much as Castform. Nevertheless, I like it a lot because of its cool concept and hope that they expand on it at some point.

Interestingly enough, Heatran was initially one of my more hated Pokemon, being part of the vast sea of "legends" introduced in fourth gen. I've since reconsidered Heatran to be more of just a "very rare and epic" Pokemon, particularly given its variable gender and the fact that I believe it's indicated that there is more than one. And that's made me a lot more fond of it. It's got a neat typing and I just like its design. I'd love to use it in-game at some point, but as always becomes an issue with any "one-catch" Pokemon, they start so high-leveled that they're overpowered (or useless, depending on how much luck is on your side) and therefore no fun to pull in until so late that it's basically pointless. I may fool around with Action Replay in 4th/5th gen to get a low-level one and do it some day, though.

As I said, I'm a fan of moths, so all of the moth Pokemon (Venomoth, Dustox, Masquerain, Mothim, and Volcarona) get my love to a degree. But Venomoth is my second favorite of them all, and I don't know how to explain it except that I just love its design. It may help that the original Venomoth card was really neat and versatile, not to mention really cool-looking (particularly in holographic).

As I said before, Bulbasaur was the first starter I stuck with and Venusaur was therefore the first Pokemon I beat the game with. I actually began with Charmander first, but got stuck on Misty and quit, and then ended up using Bulbasaur and sticking with it. Venusaur used to be my favorite for that reason, but realistically just doesn't fill that role for me anymore. Still, nostalgia has created a permanent attachment to it and so it has a place in my top ten, probably forever.

First of all, birds are amazing and I love them. The Talonflame line is also my favorite of the generations' obligatory bird line, simply because it's one of the few that isn't just generic Normal/Flying (Wingull/Pelipper being the other). I particularly enjoy the Fire/Flying typing, how cute Fletchling is, and how cool Talonflame's design is. Also, because I wasn't really fond of any of the 6th gen starters (though they're slowly growing on me), in my first run through Y I dumped Fennekin and Fletchling basically became my starter, so there's that attachment.

I really don't know what to say for this except that I just really love Reuniclus' design. It was one of my early favorites from fifth gen, one of the few Pokemon whose Japanese names I learned when they were first announced and can still remember long after I learned the English one.

Honorable mentions include:
  • Gorebyss (It literally sucks things' insides out, how much cooler can you get)
  • Shedinja (Another "cool concept" third gen Pokemon.)
  • Galvantula (Not a fan of real spiders, but cool typing and I love the design.)
  • Umbreon (Favorite Eeveelution.)
  • Golurk (One of the few non-Flying types that can use fly, and the only one that doesn't seem obviously able to fly to me, which made for a really nice mix-up IMO. Its design is also pretty cool; it reminds me of the Ingsmashers from Metroid Prime 2, which I always found to be intimidating.)

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Favourite Pokemon List...oh boy...

Prepare yourselves....some heavy reading ahead...

----

'I'd probably sh*t myself'
Heracross
'Hercules'

It all started in Pokemon Crystal, managed to defeat Bugsy chase down teh Farfetch'd to obtain cut and spoke with the Move Tutor to obtain Headbutt. And for whatever reason I decided to back track to Azalea Town instead of pushing forward, and just decided to randmonly Headbutt one of the trees behind Kurt's house and to my surprise this Giant Harned Beetle feel out and attacked me! I must say if this were IRL I'd probably sh*t myself! either way I thought this guy was pretty cool so I decided to capture it, and he easily became a regular on my team if he's available.

'stupid trade evolutions'
Haunter/Gengar
'Joker'

The OG ghost(s)...I like Haunter's design better, always thought it looked more of a ghost than Gengar. And back in the day, mainly because of my inability to obtain Gengar (stupid trade evolutions) and my lack of friends, I was ignorant to the power that is Gengar...Nowadays I still love Haunter because of it's design, but also Gengar because of it's power!...Oh Gastly?...I guess he's cool...but he's not Haunter or Gengar!

'this old guy with the spoons'
Alakazam
'Einstein'

It's kinda funny, because back in the days on Red and Blue and the whole Pokemon cards were the hip thing to have. Someone asked me what was my favourite Pokemon...I didn't know...I looked at a chart with all 150 (mew wasn't on the chart) and simply pointed at Alakazam and said 'this old guy with the spoons...he's cool'...Alakazam has also got some insane power especially in the original games because of how broken the Psychic type was...

'It has some serious power'
Noivern
'Ridley'

Look at this thing! It's a bat dragon! A BAT DRAGON!! It has some serious power as well Boomburst everything!!!...well except Ghost types, but he can learn Dark Pulse...And it's got such an amazing design as well, definitely one of the better designs for any Pokemon! The more I used this guy in X and Y, the more I love him!

'the ultimate fairy killer'
Haxorus
'Gimli'

It's got an axe on it's face! This armoured dragon snuck his way onto my top 10, when I played a Dragon mono type through X and Y. And Haxorus was easily my MvP of the team (mainly because of Poison Jab that take out any Fairy types) Always loved it's design as well, and I could say that Haxorus is easily my number 1 pick for a Mega Evolution, just imagine this guy with an added Steel typing and boost in it's Attack and Defenses...we are talking the ultimate Fairy killer, right here!

'This thing will never die'
Scizor
'Trace'

Back to my days of Crystal! Scyther was always a cool pokemon to me, but I wanted to try using Scizor out as well...Luckily for me I now had a Pokemon buddy who had silver and we were both able to Trade Evolve whatever pokemon we wanted, I got my Scizor and Alakazam, he got his Slowking, and....something else that I can't remember...it was a long time ago...
anyways I loved Scizor, he was so Awesome he was easily my (second) most used party member and was also my (second) Pokemon to ever reach Level 100 (without Missingo cheating, as I did that a lot in Blue :lol:, what it was fun...) and Scizor's mega form is without a doubt one of my favourite Megas out there...Awesome design and it's got insane defenses (couple that with Roost and Iron Defense this thing will never die, unless hit with a Flare Blits from those pesky Talonflame, but still)
He is currently my most wanted Pokemon for Pokken since 'someone else' got confirmed!

'The ultimate troll!'
Sableye
'Loki'

Speaking of competitive Pokemon, this guy won my heart while I began playing around on Pokemon Showdown...Prankster Ability; Taunt, Will-O-Wisp, Recover, and Foul Play...He can literally shut-down entire teams (so long as there are no fire types or Magic Bouncers) And he's the ultimate troll in competitive play!:troll:
I'm also rather fond of cryptids, and Sableye's clever design was inspired by the Hopskinsville Goblin. I thought that ws pretty cool...

'It just screams epic!'
Rayquaza
N/A

In case people are wondering I never nickname legendaries. It just doesn't seem right as not only are their names pretty damn cool, but it just seems to fit them more than any nickname could, though I know a lot of folks like to reference Shenron from DBZ, which I am not a fan of anyways...Rayquaza is by far my favourite legendary, he's the big dog of the legendary trio who's theme it epic AF...And the myths they are based off of is pretty neat as well, the Biblical beasts of the land sea and air, Behemoth (Groudon), Leviathan (Kyogre), and Iziz (Rayquaza)...It just screams epic...Also the Delta Episode has made me love this pokemon more by giving it a more interesting backstory and by basically being the first ever Mega evolving pokemon ever, heck this guy doesn't need mega stones when it can just swallow meteorites! And as a result has also broke the competitive game by actually getting banned, from the ban list...DAYUM SON!!!

'I knew this place was hiding something!'
Salamence
'Smaug'

Story time!! Pokemon Ruby, progressing past Fallarbor Town making my way towards Meteor Falls and encountering team Magma and Team Aqua and catching a small glimpse of their rivalry, I caught a Solrock, this is a neat Pokemon, like a floating sun rock alien thing...but something else intrigued me about Meteor Falls, there wasn't much here but i saw the Waterfall that leads deeper into the cave. I knew this place was hiding something! Continueing with my adventure finding out Solrock doesn't evolve and is quite, meh overall...I eventually found the HM for Waterfall, I immediately went back to Meteor Falls to traverse the Waterfall into these mysterious caverns...only to immediately go back to Sootopolis, because I needed the gym badge first:facepalm:...Once I beat Wallace and his fabulousness, I was finally able to ascend the waterfall and travel through these caverns, fighting off Golbats and Solrocks alike, and occasional dragon tamers, was somewhat underwhelmed still, 'Oh cool Iron Tail'...after traveling some more I found my way into the deepest room crossed the water obtained Dragon Claw and just decided to start grinding, these Solrock and Golbats give decent experience, and they are the highest level wild pokemon I found so far...then it happened...This little Blue T-Rex thing popped it's bony head...'OMG thing is AWESOME!!!!' After capturing it, it evolved after 1 level and turned into Shelgon, I knew something epic was coming out of this....the anticipation almost killed me, until it reached Level 50! I wasn't disappointed!!! How all the stars aligned, it's residence in Meteor Falls had captured my attention, the heir of mystery, exploring and making my way into the deepest depths, but...stayed long enough until our meeting...It's like it was fate!

'Swiped it away like an empty dinner plate!'
Sneasel
'Sylvester'

Once again travelling back to Pokemon Crystal! It was pretty much the glory days of Pokemon for me...Sneasel was a very pleasent surprise in Ice Path (the meeting wasn't quite as mysterious as Salamence's) I captured it, and it stayed on my team throught thick and thin, I almost always used Sneasel, this thing was freaking awesome! A Dark type the first one I encountered but it is also an Ice type! I literally grew more and more attached to this the more I used it! I didn't care if I went up against a Cross Chopping Machamp! I'm gonna Surf all over this B*tch!!! Sneasel put in the finest of work against the Elite Four and made short work of Lance, I had a Thunderpunching Typholsion to take care of his Gyarados so I gave zero f*cks! but it wasn't until my aforementioned pokemon buddy and I decided to have a duel! We had to make the best team we could, and we gave ourselves some time to develop them... (But he cheated!!! the Missingo glitch was used to power up his Charizard!!! how dare he, but I didn't say anything, I had confidence in my pokemon like I was some Naive Youngster with his above average Rattata!)...My Sneasel became the first Pokemon I trained up to Level 100, all by repeatedly thwomping the elite Four and Red... because Exp and $$$!!!! Then our battle, to end all battles! His Roided Charizard! and My Humble Sneasel! the moment of truth would my all natural Dark/Ice type win over the Artificially crafted Fire/Not dragon type?...The first turn I went for Surf....and...knockout...Outsped, and landed the first hit and his Charizard was down before it even knew what hit him!!! Sneasel had won!...and ended up sweeping his entire team, because he played his best card first and lost! I won!...no Sneasel, WON!!
That really is all there is to it, my Sneasel went up against insurmountable odds and swiped it away like an empty dinner plate! Sneasel was my number 1 from here on out and not even a new evolution could trump my love for this Demon Weasel!
Though, don't get me wrong I like Weavile too! (WEAVILE IN POKKEN, HYPE!!!!) I just have a special place in my heart for this little guy!

----

-Typhlosion
-Hydreigon
-Tyranitar
-Tyrantrum
-Gyarados
-Gardevoir
-Garchomp
-Sceptile
-Torterra
-Crawdaunt
-Sharpedo
-Greninja
-Zoroark
-Kecleon
-Banette
-Metagross
-Drapion
-Houndoom
-Talonflame
-Staraptor
-Honchkrow
-Cacturne
-Roserade
-Milotic
-Aggron
-Azumarril
-Swampert
-Umbreon
-Sylveon
-Relicanth

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
10. The Mathematician duo of Pokemon!
upload_2015-7-5_19-11-44.jpeg - Plusle & Minun
Two Pokemon at a time? That's not really fair... is it? So why did I include these two? They aren't too strong, especially when apart. When Generation 3 hit the scene, double battles paved the way in Pokemon. There were four Pokemon that were supposed to be seen as a team right off the bat. Volbeat and Ilumise (who's abilities didn't play off of each other), and Plusle and Minun. These two needing each other to be of any use in battle was pretty interesting, unique at the time, and I like to give the two credit for it.

9. Your personal Poke-Guide to the underworld!
upload_2015-7-5_19-18-53.jpeg - Dusknoir
There are several Ghost types that are considered better than Dusknoir. Gengar, Chandelure, and Sableye to name a few. Why Dusknoir? I'm going to be honest, it really comes down to design. Well, that and it's a pretty defensive beast. I challenged myself recently to a Nuzlocke with Omega Ruby, and trained a Dusknoir for the team. It's move set consisting of Shadow Punch, Confuse Ray, Wil-O-Wisp, and Toxic. With it's good defenses, he can easily mess up a few opponents!

8. Master dealing the return fire, this hurts him more than it hurts you!
:202: - Wobbuffet
This one... is an oddity I must say. Thankfully, I never had a problem with these in that Nuzlocke I mentioned, and my real appreciation for this guy came actually from Pokemon Showdown. Of course, if memory serves, Wobbuffet is a member of Team Rocket in the show, isn't it. Err, anyways, Wobbuffet, a Pokemon that can only be described as weird. It's incredibly satisfying to see your opponent is too afraid to make a move against this thing, because they know what they'll get for attacking him head on. He's just... humorous.

7. The living bomb shelter, nothing really hurts this thing!
:213: - Shuckle
A good majority of the time, I find myself preferring a good defense rather than an offense, and who better than this guy right here! Shuckle is, without a doubt, the sturdiest Pokemon I've ever seen. Seriously, I think it's capable of giving defense form Deoxys a run for it's money. And with his defense, comes some of the most aggravating fights you'll ever be a part of. With access to Toxic, Infestation, Rest, and a contrary shell smash, you'll be dealing with shuckle for quite some time.

6. Is it plant, animal, or both?!?
:003: - Venusaur
Not gonna lie, if you asked me this many, many years ago, Charizard would be my favorite Kanto starter. But, as the years went by, my liking of the fire pseudo dragon died a bit (especially that 4X Rock weakness). Don't get me wrong, I still like Charizard, but I've kinda grown to appreciate Venusaur a bit more. Something about the underdog I suppose, as I believe people actually like Blastoise and (of course) Charizard more, so I've put a place in my heart for the starter left out.

Hmm? Why no other generation of starters? Well, I just feel that the other generations balance the love for their starters out a little more evenly.

5. Praise the Magic Conch, and all of it's Skill Link!
:091: - Cloyster
Honestly, I should probably have this one a little lower on the list, but something about being able to nickname this guy Magic Conch, and then continue to blow away the competition with Icicle Spear, Rock Blast, Spike Canon, and Shell Smash when it's got Skill Link is kinda humorous.

4. The odd Fossil out, in all of it's Mega Evolving glory!
:142: - Aerodactyl
Did anyone else find justice in the fact that for years, Fossil Pokemon have continued to be introduced, each with a set pre-evolution and it's final form, while Aerodactyl has always had the basic stuff? I was glad to see him get a mega evolution, it just seemed right. Not to mention, he's quick and physically hits hard. Just... don't expect him to be taking any hits for ya.

3. The king of the Jurasic Pokemon era!
upload_2015-7-5_19-46-20.jpeg - Tyrantrum
Oh man, did I know what fossil I was picking when they announced the Fossil Pokemon for X and Y. No fossil Pokemon has ever really impressed me aside from Aerodactyl until they gave us Tyrantrum. That Strong Jaw ability let's it use biting moves like a champ! Just... too bad there's no Stab Dragon/Rock type fang moves for it to use. (Seriously, why is there no Dragon Fang move? It can't be because of the item...). It's hidden ability Rock Head makes it safer to use Head Smash though. Two great abilities, one great Pokemon.

2. He might be a tad slow, but this brother's always got your back!
:080: - Slowbro
When was it that I actually came to start to see the capabilities of this guy? It was actually just a little while before his Mega Evolution came about. I was into training up a bunch of Pokemon in Pokemon Y version after beating the game, and stumbled across Slowpoke, with access to Yawn and Dream Eater. Liking this outlook, I did a bit of research as to what people preferred to evolve Slowpoke into. I got a good amount of answers for Slowbro, and with news that he had a Mega Evolution on the way, I trained him up into a Slowbro, found his insane special attack and defense stats, and the rest is history.

1. The bane of evil's dragons existence, the fairy that won't shut it's mouth when you want it too!

:039: - Jigglypuff
There's no way I can really explain this one. As a young kid, Jigglypuff's personality in the show amused me, it always was this little mischief maker that was pretty difficult to take seriously. Skip forward to getting into the Smash Bros. series, and finding out that Jigglypuff is a character in the game. I mained Jigglypuff later on. Finally, I went and had Jigglypuff holding an eviolite in my Pokemon Y play through, with the Nickname: Purin (yes, it's Japanese name, not very original, I know). Bottom line, it might not be the strongest, it might not be the most iconic, but this ball of puff holds a place in my heart that can never be topped.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I don't feel like writing descriptions, so I'll just list them in random order:

- Typhlosion
- Lugia
- Moltres
- Umbreon
- Sandslash
- Scizor
- Tyranitar
- Bisharp
- Skarmory
- Zangoose

There are a lot more that are close behind, but these are some of my top 10.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Here's my top 10:

1. Lucario - Lucario is easily my favourite Pokemon. Even before Diamond/Pearl was released in Japan I was already a fan of his design. The 8th Pokemon film featuring Lucario also made me like him even more; tears were shed as kid. Blue's my favourite colour and I just love how he's naturally blue. His Mega Evolution is also amazingly cool. I used him a lot in VGC tournaments too. Plus, he's the Aura Guardian! :D I really like using him in Smash too but sadly I'm not that great with him.

2. Lopunny - I've always liked Lopunny's design back in Diamond/Pearl but I never used her at all. However, once her Mega Evolution form was revealed, I fell in love with her. I love her design and the fact that she gains the ability 'Scrappy' makes her an Aegislash killer and can handle Gengars better. Lopunny also gains the Fighting ability which is one my favourite types. <3

3. Greninja - Greninja was easily the best looking final evolution starter in X/Y. His Hidden Ability 'Protean' is so darn amazing though. I've had him in my teams in Pokemon for a long time now and he's just a really awesome Pokemon. I love his design, especially how he uses his tongue as a scarf and the fact that he has a very ninja stance all the time. He also can learn the poison move Gunk Shot via move tutors in OR/AS which can definitely be a huge threat to Fairy types. Also, I love him in Smash; one of my mains!

4. Arcanine - As a dog lover, I've always thought Growlithe was really cute. It evolved into one badass fire canine though; his name is really clever too! I really like his design and the fact that he's like one huge fluffy dog. I named him 'Hell Hound' in Heart Gold. I'd definitely love to see a Mega Arcanine in the future.

5. Galvantula - Definitely my favourite 5th Gen Pokemon. Joltiks are so darn cute and it evolves into a pretty badass looking electric-type tarantula. Thankfully, I'm not afraid of spiders. xD His Compound Eyes is so darn useful with Thunder and Sticky Web is a great entry hazard move. I also like his yellow/blue colour scheme.

6. Charizard - My favourite 1st Gen starter! I've loved Charizard ever since I first played Pokemon Red. His evolution line is also one of my favourites but Charizard is one really awesome looking Fire/Flying Pokemon. He obviously resembles a Dragon but I'm really glad his Mega X variant turned him into one. I also really like using Charizard in Smash; hits really hard and that flare blitz is so powerful!

7. Absol - I've always liked Absol's design and how it's a Dark type. I didn't use him too often however but once his Mega Evolution was revealed and started using him a lot more. I even used him is a main Mega for a while. I love how his Mega form gains wings but he's still a pure Dark type. He can also learn Play Rough via Egg Moves which is a great physical Fairy move. His Mega's ability 'Magic Bounce' is also amazing; able to reflect status moves back to the opponent's Pokemon.

8. Espeon - Favourite Eeveelution by far! It also is one of the only few Pokemon that has the 'Magic Bounce' ability. I loved having Espeon in my X/Y team. It can act as a really good support or an all-out offensive special attacker. I like how Espeon has a gem on it's forehead too. Not a huge fan of it's shiny form though; Purple Espeon > Green Espeon. D:

9. Garchomp - This Dragon/Ground type Pokemon can be such a threat! I love his design, especially his appendages that make him look like a hammerhead. xD His evolution is also one of my favourites; Gible is so adorable and Gabite is pretty cool too. I used him a lot in my teams and always loved having him on it. His Mega Evolution is pretty cool too but I still prefer his original look.

10. Mienshao - This was a tough last spot; I was debating between Mienshao, Tyranitar or Luxray. I'm a sucker for Fighting-type Pokemon and Mienshao being one is really cool. Her design makes her look very elegant. I like how it's arms/hands are like sleeves and the fact that it looks quite Asian-oriented. It's shiny form is very beautiful too. :)

Last edited:

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
10. Mega Beedrill
9. Abomasnow
8. Hydreigon
7. Metagross
6. Kingler
5. Magnezone
4. Trevenant
3. Zygarde
2. Cofagrigus
1. Porygon line

Dutch Kirby

Smash Cadet
NNID
WhiscashQueen
3DS FC
3754-9493-1303
This is pure emotional attachment, so I can't really give much proper reasoning...
1. Milotic
2. Whiscash
3. Bayleef
4. Altaria (NOT Mega)
5. Absol (preferably Mega)
6. Suicune
7. Celebi
8. Ivysaur
9. Greninja
10. Azumarill

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
(Specifically East Sea)
I recently did a Nuzlocke of Pokemon Platinum and I rose to victory against Cynthia. However, out of my entire team, Gastrodon was the only Pokemon that survived. <3

He was always the most reliable HM slave.

Again, this is from a Nuzlocke in HeartGold. This guy swept Lance's team into a trash bin for me.

Best Dragon-type.

It's going to sound weird, but this Pokemon "introduced" me to competitive battling.

I don't know why, but I always kept one of these on my team when I was a kid. I guess I was influenced by Ash and Pikachu.

Sort of the same reason as Pachirisu. I thought it was awesome when I found out it could change forms.

Best Flying type.

Game Grumps.

I really liked collecting all the forms for this Pokemon.

Jetmann

Smash Apprentice
10.Togekiss
9. Pancham
8. Lucario
7. Dragonite
6. Kyogre
5. Empoleon
4. Jirachi
3. Oshawott
2. Gengar
1. Volcarona

a1blue

Smash Rookie
This took lots of thought. But each of these I have used in one way or another.

Honorable mentions-
Gardevoir/Gallade
Empoleon

Yes, I love water types.

#10- Golduck
While I surprisingly haven't used this guy, I still love him. He's a duck, come on! I'm from Oregon, this is easy.

#9- Sneasel
I obtained Sneasel many times in many games and I have always had a special place in my heart for it. Typing? Playstyle? Friggin cool? Yup. This guy is one I normally evolve, but later wish I hadn't due to my love for him.

#8- Porygon2
This one I haven't used as much, but it still deserves a spot but for the best reason probably. I live in Oregon and I am a fan of the ducks. I love the animal and so I love the Pokemon. I like golduck too, that's an honorable mention but this duck gets the edge.

#7- Espeon
My favorite eeveelution, I dig Espeon. It's design is flawless, its versatility is astounding. A strong member of my black 2 play through, as soon as it learned psychic, I knew it would be elite, especially with its timid nature (lucky af). Competitively, it fits my style perfectly! So much variety! I love it!

#6- Absol
Another Pokemon I used in a play through. However, this guy was killer on emerald. He took our team to great heights. He was the highest leveled Pokemon by the time I beat Wallace. I trained this guy and taught him so many moves. It also has a monster pokedex entry and also coincidentally has a design I love so much.

#5- Scizor
This love is much more recent but I still really adore this thing. I have used him on countless competitive teams and have obtained one in like every game. I have always adored the design, I used to prefer scyther, however this guy has been my cup of tea in the competitive realm.

#4- Lucario
Ah what a beast! One of my smash bros mains, he is also a beast in Pokemon. I used him in platinum and black 2 and he was an unstoppable force in both. I love the variety and adore the design. He was always my favorite mon of gen IV. This guy is freakin cool.

#3- Magneton
Though I used magnezone in black two, it was a Magneton at one point and I loved it. It was fast, furious, and kicked ass. Then it evolved and I missed the killer design. But I still use it competitively and use magnezone as well. But, my main reason is the design. Three magnemites are better than one.

#2- Staraptor
The Pokemon I always obtained when possible, I have used it in Pearl and in Platinum to great success. In the competitive scheme, he is also amazing and fits my play style. He can be choice scarfed, banded, or even carry final gambit + intimidate. He always kicked ass for me when I needed it. He was always my homie.

#1- Sceptile
Where do I begin? The first Pokemon I ever got I. Sapphire, the memories never fade. Though the save file was corrupted, I still remember the Pokemon. Now, in both Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, I elected to choose treeko. And I never regretted that decision. I use Sceptile in the competitive game as well and it kicks butt. Always a centerpiece for teams, this guy kills it with style. I LOVE ASHS SCEPTILE TOO BY THE WAY!

Thank you!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Now that I finally have some time to share my thoughts, I decided I'll give it a go.

10)

Scizor
My favorite generation 2 Pokemon, and my favorite Bug-type Pokemon overall. I always thought Scizor was a cool Pokemon, and my interest in Scizor especially increased when Pokemon Platinum came around. It was that game that turned Scizor into an amazing competitive battler thanks to the introduction of Technician combined with Bullet Punch. Scizor has become one of my main Pokemon I use in my Sinnoh Battle Frontier team, and it has helped me through with some impressive victories. I wasn't too much of a fan of its Mega Evolution though, mainly because I found his normal form to be a lot better in battles most of the time.

9)

Gardevoir

I have very fond memories of Gardevoir. When I first saw Wally catch a Ralts in Pokemon Ruby, the first Pokemon game I've ever played, I thought Ralts looked interesting and appealing. When I learned about what Ralts would eventually evolve into, I felt motivated to catch a Ralts of my own. As I searched through Route 102, I realized Ralts was a very rare Pokemon to find, so rare that I thought it could only be found within the same patch of grass Wally encountered it in (pictured below).

That batch of grass is still stuck in my memory. When I finally encountered a Ralts, I was overjoyed. I managed to catch one, and it automatically became a member of my Pokemon team. When my Ralts eventually evolved into a Gardevoir, I was impressed to see the Pokemon's potential, and I even liked her elegant design. She became my favorite Psychic-type Pokemon, and my second favorite Pokemon overall, around at the time; it reached the point that whenever I restarted my Pokemon Ruby or Emerald adventure, I would always have a Gardevoir on my team. Yes, I relived the experience of running through that very patch of grass in Route 102 to catch a Ralts, still thinking to this day that it is the only area of Route 102 where a Ralts can be caught due to its rarity and the fact this is where Wally encountered one.

I also liked Gardevoir in the first Mystery Dungeon games, mainly because of how she interacted with the player through dreams, and the anime where she had a memorable way of blasting Team Rocket into the sky. She did get some more spotlight over the years (such as her Mega Evolution, which I like for having that prom-look to her compared to her normal form), and I still remained a fan of her during those times, though my interest in her has slightly declined in favor of other Pokemon that have been introduced over several generations. Currently, however, Gardevoir remains one of the most nostalgic Pokemon for me.

She definitely looks ready for prom compared to her normal form!

8)

Dialga

My favorite mascot legendary in existence. I love Dialga for its design and traits. I mean, this Pokemon is the ruler of time? Holy cow, that's awesome! Dialga's design even fits that description perfectly, not to mention it's got a cool-looking diamond on its chest complete with some cool metal-like protrusions to accurately depict its Steel-typing. When I first encountered it in Pokemon Diamond, I was awestruck that I finally had the chance to catch it after hearing about it prior to the days of Pokemon Diamond/Pearl's Japanese release.

When it oddly escaped out of my first Ultra Ball attempt (after weakening it of course), I wanted to make sure I'd get my hands on it anyway, so I threw my Master Ball at it (yes, it was a foolish move, but I was still a kid at the time). When I learned about its signature move and used it in battle, I was amazed. It was such a cool-looking attack, and even the name sounds awesome (such a shame that it's not a good move in competitive play since it's a Hyper Beam clone)! I fondly remember my interest in Dialga increasing with the release of the Pokemon Battle Revolution, I was a fan of its design in those games and loved Roar or Time's animation.

My interest in Dialga grew even further in the Diamond and Pearl movies. I remember rooting for Dialga when I first learned it was battling Palkia. Yet again, I loved how its signature attack looked like in the film (it was also there that I learned that fin/wing on its back wasn't just for show since Dialga expands it when using the attack).

And of course, Smash Bros Brawl comes along to increase my interest for Dialga even further. Yes, Spear Pillar is my favorite stage in Brawl because of what Dialga does. Things get pretty chaotic when it slows down time, but my favorite hazard it pulls off is when it jumps on the stage and uses Roar or Time for serious damage that can lead to a KO most of the time. I love it when I bait my opponents into Dialga right when it strikes because they are sent flying as it unfolds.

It's a real shame Dialga didn't return in SSB4 as a PokeBall Summon. I mean, Palkia, Giratina, and Arceus get to have that role, but not Dialga? That's just unfair. Dialga could easily slow down time like it did in Brawl, and boom, that's the perfect PokeBall effect! Oh well, at least it got a trophy though. Even after the course of several games, I think you can tell at this point that Dialga still remains to be one of my favorite legendaries out there.

7)

Chandelure

When I first learned about all of the generation 5 Pokemon when Black and White was released, I was particularly interested in Chandelure. I really liked its design and the concept it was coming from. Chandeliers in real life are often found in haunted mansions, and within such places, they could demonstrate ghost-like phenomena. Chandelure captures this idea perfectly: it's a Ghost-type with eerie flames and ghost-like movements, not to mention it demonstrates some scary behavior by luring its prey and basically turning them into a shell by absorbing it with its ghostly powers (it even looks like a ghost that will lure you for the worst)!

While I didn't catch a Litwick for my team, I do remember going up against Shauntal of the Elite Four. When I first heard Chandelure's cry, I liked it even more to the point that it became my favorite 5th generation Pokemon. It just sounds so eerie that it perfectly fits Chandelure. With my new found love for Chandelure, I tried to raise a Chandelure of my own when I learned it had an excellent special attack stat, and I was even more excited when I learned its Dream World ability was going to be Shadow Tag, I got even more excited. I mean, Chandelure would be amazing in competitive play with an ability like that combined with its excellent special-sweeping prowess... but too bad Shadow Tag Chandelure was never released, and it looks like it won't be getting it anytime soon now that it received a completely different Hidden Ability in X/Y.

I like Chandelure that much that it's in my top 10 wishlist for Pokemon that need Mega Evolutions. Seriously, Mega Chandelure would look pretty awesome however it turned out, not to mention it could finally give it the true competitive spotlight it deserved to make up for the unreleased Shadow Tag.

6)

Meloetta

This is one of those Pokemon where I should tell a brief story.

Back when all of the generation 5 Pokemon were first leaked, I looked at Meloetta's design and didn't like it. At the time, the only "official art" we had was her sprite, and I thought her eyes and mouth looked too big.

Ehhhhh...

But then the reveal of Meloetta's Sparkling Recital came along, and it was then I became enamored with Meloetta.

Meloetta doesn't look as odd as I thought.

It's eyes and mouth no longer looked as odd they did on her sprite. In fact, I found Meloetta's anime design to be really cute. It wasn't long before Meloetta became my favorite 5th generation Pokemon, overtaking Chandelure. With the anime sparking a newborn interest for Meloetta, I began to give her a second look compared to my initial perceptions.

I really like her design. She perfectly represents music with both of her forms. If I had to put it in an interesting way, her Aria Forme signifies Meloetta as the singing goddess, while her Pirouette Forme signifies Meloetta as the dancing queen! Too bad she isn't the best in the competitive Pokemon scene, but I think she is still interesting regardless considering she has the unique ability to change between her forms thanks to her signature move.

My interest also grew with the main Pokemon anime, but only for a period of time. I do remember watching the scene where Ash saves her from a falling book shelf, and then she spies on him from that moment forward. When she finally got her proper introduction to Ash and the gang, I loved the development that followed. Piplup and Oshawott fought each other for its affection, and we had some cute Meloetta moments too (aside from her soothing singing voice).

Kawaii!

Not to mention Meloetta gained some sort of fondness for Ash ever since he rescued her. To me, it almost looked like she had a crush on Ash (though she wouldn't be the first; Ash's Chikorita back in the Gold and Silver was the first to display this kind of affection). I kind of wish Meloetta would come back in the X/Y series. I wonder how she will react when she learns about Serena's feelings for Ash; it would be pretty interesting to say the least. Ah well, one can only dream.

As for which form I like more? Definitely the Aria Forme. The Pirouette Forme looks pretty neat too, but I like the Aria Forme since it suits Meloetta more.

5)

Swampert

Ah yes, my favorite 3rd generation Pokemon. It was even my favorite Pokemon of all time back in the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald days. I remember picking Mudkip as my starter because of its cute yet interesting design. When I evolved it into Marshtomp, I realized it got even cooler with an added Ground-typing, giving only a single weakness to it. Unfortunately, I didn't like Marshtomp's design that much in comparison to its pre-evolution, but when it evolved at level 36, oh boy was I in for a treat when I witnessed its evolution.

Swampert looks awesome! It may look quad-pedal, but he can actually stand on its hind legs! In a way, it almost looks like it could take any fighter in that regard. It's also a pretty strong Pokemon, only having one weakness to Grass, decent stats, and a solid move pool. I fondly remember teaching my Swampert Earthquake, Muddy Water, Surf, and Ice Beam, and it would destroy most Pokemon I faced in the story. Before long, it became my MVP. Whenever I restarted my Ruby adventure, I always picked Mudkip as my starter, knowing how awesome Swampert was. I remember transferring my Swampert from Emerald to Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, and the fun continued from there. With the addition of moves like Stealth Rock and the physical/special split in generation IV, Swampert maintained itself as a good Pokemon for competitive play.

Unforunately, Swampert lost his competitive shine when generation 5 came along. Then, generation 6 came into the picture. I was particularly upset that Blaziken was the first of the Hoenn starters to gain a Mega Evolution in X/Y while leaving the other two starters out of the picture, but then OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire happened. One month after the games were first revealed, I went online one day and learned about Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert. Mega Swampert didn't seem to interest me at first since it looked a bit too bulky...

That all changed when I actually played OmegaRuby. Obviously, I picked Mudkip as my starter out of the Ruby nostalgia, and when I got to try out Mega Swampert, I really started to like it. It had the right buffs, and when I got to see its animations, I realized Mega Swampert actually looked pretty cool. Now this is a Pokemon that definitely works out the hardest (design-wise)! I was also thankful for it when I faced Champion Steven. I was hearing how he became a much harder champion thanks to his Meta Metagross (even watching videos beforehand of that very Pokemon almost destroying other gamers' story teams), but when I looked at my Swampert, I thought to myself, "Perfect!" When Steven Mega Evolved his Metagross, I Mega Evolved my Swampert, and boy did it to do wonders! It withstood Metagross's feared Giga Impact, and my Mega Swampert proceeded to finish it off with two Earthquakes. It's brilliant display proved that it was still amongst my favorites.

A Mega Evolution that I first disliked, but then I liked it so much the moment I had the chance to try it out!

Swampert was such a huge favorite of mine in the past that it was one of my most wanted newcomers for Brawl. Yeah, I was one of the few that supported Swampert back then, but I knew its chances were slim, so I wasn't hurt that it didn't make it into the final Brawl roster. Despite that, I still think it could make an interesting addition to Smash Bros. Too bad Greninja had decreased Swampert's chances by a ton, but at least there's Pokken Tournament!

4)

Shaymin (Sky Forme)

When I first saw Shaymin's Land Forme, I wasn't a big fan. Sure it had a cute design (not to mention the concept of a hedgehog covered in grass was an innovative design at the time), but it wasn't the kind of Pokemon that I would be interested in.

That would all change when details about the 11th Pokemon Movie emerged. I still remember the month of June 2008 quite well. When the first leaked images of Skymin were shown (at the time, it wasn't even revealed to be Shaymin's new forme, so some fans thought it was a completely new Pokemon), I didn't seem to like it that much. I could understood why I had this initial perception though; the leaked images weren't very clear. However, a few days later, we had a new movie trailer released that revealed that this "new Pokemon" was indeed Shaymin's new forme! The moment the Pokemon lifted its head in its debut scene, I was amazed!

"I'm Shaymin's Sky Forme, and yes, I'm awesome!" is what this scene was basically saying.

Shaymin became my second favorite Pokemon during the generation 4 days! However, it was Skymin that held that title; Landmin wasn't even close.

It's quite shocking Shaymin would have this kind of transformation! I mean, it looks so different. The only traits that it still carries are its green coloring, green-colored eyes, and the fact both have flowers attached to them. In fact, Skymin's petals on its neck are my favorite part of its design. The way how the petals are arranged presents a heroic visage for Skymin, and with two wing-shaped ears and a determined face, it looks like it can take on a big, mighty legendary!

When I learned you could obtain Shaymin's new form in Pokemon Platinum, I got even more excited! The moment I got my Event Shaymin, I immediately went to Floaroma Town to obtain my Gracidea. I had fun using Shaymin in battle from that moment forward with great moves such as Seed Flare, Air Slash, and Earth Power. Too bad it is a little too strong to the point it got banned to ubers (and still remains there to this day) because it is one of my favorite special sweepers out there.

3)

Aegislash

When I first learned about Honedge, I thought a ghostly-sword Pokemon was a neat idea. When I learned about its evolution, Doublade, I wasn't very happy. I thought to myself, "Great, another Pokemon evolution where it simply undergoes mitosis. No thanks!"

Then, Pokemon X/Y was getting leaked about a week before its initial release date. I followed along with the news during that time, and it wasn't long before I learned Doublade gained an Evolution called Aegislash. When I saw it for myself, I was very happy that it wasn't an evolution where it split itself into three swords. Rather, it returned back as a sword, but this time, it has two arms instead of one, and it carries a shield. I was especially a fan of its color-scheme; it really captures its Ghost/Steel typing quite well. Its cry also fits the sword-like design too.

Aegislash appealed to me that much that I caught Honedge so that I would have its final evolution as part of story team. Let me tell you, it was a fantastic decision! Turns out this Pokemon is amazing to use in battle thanks to its Stance Change ability. When you first summon it, it is in its Shield Forme, where it has very high defense stats but low attack stats. Once you use an offensive move, however, it automatically changes into its Blade Forme and gains monstrous attack stats. Know where this is going? It's an excellent Swords Dance sweeper! Prepare all of the attack boosts you need with the initial high defenses, then destroy your opponents with offensive moves once you are ready. Aegislash has helped me in many battles throughout my adventures, most notably my battles with Wulfric, Diantha, and one of the Battle Chatelaines. Aegislash eventually became my favorite 6th generation Pokemon in the X/Y days.

With such amazing stats in both forms, along with some decent array of offensive moves, I was ready to raise one for competitive Pokemon. Unfortunately, it got banned to ubers several months later. What a disappointment, but hey, at least I can use it in the VGC still!

2)

Greninja

I was originally split between Fennekin and Froakie when they were first revealed, and it remained that way when Braixen and Frogadier came into the picture. I knew the final evolutions will be the ones to seal the deal.

I still remember the day when the first leaked picture of Greninja was released. When I saw it, it didn't look too interesting. Then, all three final evolutions of the starters were leaked a few days, and I was still split between Froakie and Fennekin. Another day passes, and I see a Pokemon Amie shot of Greninja. It was at that point I started to develop a huge liking for Greninja, and I knew Froakie would be my starter from that moment onward.

Seriously, just look at its Pokemon Amie shot. Wouldn't you want to have a Pokemon like this on your team?

When I finally evolved my Frogadier into Greninja, I was in for quite a ride. Greninja grew on me even more when I saw its various animations. It's a ninja frog, and I love how it demonstrates that in battle whenever it attacks. Though not the best move out there, I enjoyed using Water Shrunken due to its first-strike status and the way Greninja executes the attack. I even like the ninja scarf it carried around its neck, though I was quite surprised when I learned that its scarf was its tongue! It sounds gross at first, but I didn't care; I thought that's what gave Greninja its charm!

Greninja turned out to be an amazing special sweeper too with its awesome special attack and speed stats. It helped me in so many battles, and it became one of the MVPs on my team. It wasn't long before Greninja became my second favorite 6th generation, barely behind Aegislash. When I learned that it had Protean as its hidden ability, my interest in Greninja increased even further; I realized Greninja was an amazing option for a competitive team thanks to it. Too bad it got banned to ubers one year later, but hey, like Aegislash, at least I can still use it in the VGC!

Flash forward several months later to April 8, 2014, the day of the Smash Bros direct. I remember watching the reveal trailer in the end and was particularly hyped when I learned the next newcomer reveal was going to be a Pokemon. When I saw the shadowed figure, I thought it was Mewtwo at first. I didn't scream with excitement; rather, I said to myself, "Well, he got a lot of spotlight in X/Y, so that's no surprise there" (my reaction was like that since I wasn't too interested in seeing Mewtwo return). Then, the Water Shuriken intercepts Mario and Charizard's battle, as we suddenly hear a ninja sound. Shortly after, my reaction turned to surprise when I saw the figure who delivered the attack was revealed to be Greninja!

I remember my reactions were mixed with surprise and excitement. I was shocked that out of all the 6th generation Pokemon, Greninja was the one to make it to the roster. Yet, I was very excited; my second favorite 6th generation Pokemon, and only of my top 10 favorite Pokemon overall, actually got into Smash Bros! These feelings of shock and happiness heightened when I saw all of the gameplay footage. It was such a memorable day for me. That very trailer was what made me hyped to play Smash Bros 4, and Greninja became the first newcomer I was very eager to try.

Now we cut to several months later with Smash Bros 4's release. I finally got to try Greninja, and it was an amazing experience. Greninja was just as awesome as the trailer showed it to be; in fact, Greninja became my Smash Bros 4 main, and it has that title to this day! I have the most fun playing Greninja (and its voice fits it quite well; I'm actually among the few that enjoys listening to it), not to mention it is my most successful fighter whenever I fight in the For Glory mode or against my friends.

Admittedly, the number three and two spots were a very difficult pick for me. While Aegislash was my favorite 6th generation Pokemon initially, Greninja became tied with Aegislash once I started to play Smash Bros 4. However, Greninja has the winning edge at the moment since my experiences with Greninja and Smash Bros have become more memorable over the past several months. It's still possible that Aegislash could come back for a tie or overtake Greninja in the coming future; we'll see.

On two concluding notes:
  • Yes, I have seen Greninja without its tongue in the anime. At first, I thought it looked odd, but after a while, I thought it presents a funny image of Greninja that makes me smile!
  • It's also quite funny that my two favorite 6th generation Pokemon are now ubers at the very moment.

1)

Gallade

This Pokemon arguably has the best story to tell out of all the others on my top ten. As such, I've enclosed the story of my interest in Gallade within the spoilers tag below if you want to read it. It's long, but it's worth the read!

I remember the days when Pokemon Diamond/Pearl was first released in Japan, and all of the news and leaks following the game's release. I was still a young kid at the time, and I remember following all the updates on Serebii.net. On an early day in October 2006, I laid my eyes on one Pokemon that particularly caught my attention.

The very first image of Gallade, straight from Serebii.net

It looked like a Pokemon related to the Ralts evolution line! This particularly caught my interest since Gardevoir was one of my top favorite Pokemon at the time.

I read the description above the picture. The Pokemon was named "Erureido", a Psychic/Fighting-type Pokemon, and it evolved from a male Kirlia when exposed to an Awakening Stone (the Dawn Stone's Japanese name). It was essentially the male counterpart to Gardevoir, and it was number 475 on the National Pokedex.

I looked at its design and thought to myself, "This Pokemon looks very interesting. I don't know if it can beat Gardevoir in my favorite Pokemon list, but it looks cool nonetheless."

Now, we flash forward to December 2006. During this month, Pokemon Battle Revolution was released in Japan, and you know what that meant? The first glimpse of all the generation 4 Pokemon with 3D animations! I remember Pokebeach was one of the first websites to reveal some of the first videos of the game following its Japanese release. There, the first video I watched showed an online battle where both players used an "Erureido", the Pokemon that particularly caught my interest about a few months back when Pokemon Diamond/Pearl was first released in Japan. Curious, I watched the battle, and before long, I was witnessing how this Pokemon looked in 3D. Here's the video I'm talking about.

When I watched how "Erureido" looked in the video, I started to develop a strong liking toward it. I really liked its various animations. It stood like a heroic knight ready to battle its opponent head on, and I noticed it had blades on its elbows. After watching the video, I thought to myself, "Gee, 'Erureido' is a pretty cool Pokemon. I'm going to try and raise one on my story team once Pokemon Diamond/Pearl come to the States."

"This Pokemon is looking even cooler the more I look at it."

Months go by, and its the final days leading up to Diamond/Pearl's release in the U.S. A few days before the games were out, the English names were starting to get leaked. I learned that "Erureido's" English name was going to be Gallade, a pun of the words "gallant" and "blade". I thought to myself, "Cool name. I still can't wait to try out Gallade when the games came out." Eventually, April 22, 2007, arrived, and I finally had the chance to play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. I was shocked when I learned you couldn't obtain Gallade during the main story, even though it is a new Pokemon. I was a bit disappointed about that, but I thought to myself, "Well, I definitely raise one once I beat the champion."

Before long, I clear the story, gain the PokeRadar, and learn that Ralts can be obtained in Route 203. I caught a male one and managed to evolve it into a Kirlia. At that moment, I told myself, "It's finally time." I used the Dawn Stone I saved until this very point, gave it to Kirlia, and then I witnessed its evolution. The evolution was complete, and I heard a sword-like sound the moment I saw Gallade. I immediately checked my Pokedex and read its Pokedex entry: "A master of courtesy and swordsmanship, it fights using extending swords on its elbows."

"It is an awesome knight," I thought to myself. I leveled up my Gallade as I witnessed it learn some very cool moves. Among them: Psycho Cut, Close Combat, Night Slash, and Leaf Blade. Psycho Cut was a cool looking attack, and I thought it fit Gallade well as his signature attack. Close Combat was also an interesting attack for me, as I imagined Gallade attacking with a barrage of slashes and punches. Night Slash was the sort of "Oooo, cool Dark-type attack", while Leaf Blade caught my interest since it used to be Sceptile's signature attack, and seeing Gallade use such an attack made me think "This Pokemon is the sword master in the Pokemon world!" Along with other slash attacks like X-Scissor, Slash, and Fury Cutter, it was definitely the case.

A few months later, Pokemon Battle Revolution was released in the summer of 2007, and I was very excited since I had the chance to experience the game for myself. Before long, I got to see Gallade on my own big screen. My interest for Gallade went up even further once I got to see all of his attacks and animations in 3D.

Things got even better when the 10th Pokemon movie came into the picture! I was excited when I learned Gallade was going to appear in the film. When I got to see it, I remember being very happy when I saw Gallade make his anime debut. He jumped from tree to tree and made quite a leap to reach Ash and friends, then cut a tree using Psycho Cut when it sensed Darkrai's presence. Take about an awesome anime debut!

One of my favorite scenes from the 10th Pokemon movie

From that moment, Gallade became my favorite Pokemon, easily overtaking both Swampert and Gardevoir.

Eventually, Pokemon Platinum came into the picture, and I remember one of my wishes leading to the game's release was for Gallade to be catchable during the main story. Sure enough, my wish was granted. I caught a Ralts in Route 208, evolved it all the way to a Gallade, and added it to my story team. Obviously, Gallade became a memorable component of my team as it helped through many battles, and I even carried over my Gallade from Pokemon Diamond as one of my main Battle Frontier Pokemon. Yet again, Gallade proved his worth in various battles, and it was even the Pokemon I used for the Battle Hall thanks to his diverse movepool. I also remember Lucian becoming one of my favorite Elite Four trainers at this point since his new signature Pokemon became Gallade, and seeing Darach of the Battle Frontier use one too heightened this happiness further.

When Heartgold/Soulsilver came around, I transferred my Pokemon Platinum team into my copy of Soulsilver for the Kanto postgame, with Gallade still proving his valuable assistance. Likewise, I transferred my Battle Frontier team as well, with Gallade among them as he filled the same roles as he did in Platinum. A few months later, the anime finally reached the Grand Festival finals, and I was surprised to see Gallade getting featured there. Though I wanted Dawn to win, I secretly rooted for Gallade for obvious reasons. When I witnessed Zoey becoming the winner, I felt quite happy that my favorite Pokemon got some major spotlight once more.

Generation 5 came into the picture, and it wasn't long before I had my hopes to try out Gallade in those games as well. Unfortunately, the Ralts evolution was practically unattainable in those games (unless you had the Dream Radar or access to White Forest in the postgame), thus throwing out my wishes to put a Gallade onto my story team. Yes, Gallade has become this big of a favorite that I wanted to add one on every story team for all the Pokemon games I play.

Luckily, generation 6 came into the picture, and when Mega Evolutions were first revealed, I remember crossing my fingers for a Mega Gallade. Gallade was an OU Pokemon in the early days of Diamond/Pearl thanks to his attack and wide move pool, but he lost his fame on the competitive scene in future games thanks to its mediocre speed stat and the existence of stronger Fighting-types. I wanted Mega Gallade to happen so that he could rise to competitive glory once again.

Unfortunately, in the days nearing to X/Y's release, it was revealed Gallade didn't get a Mega Evolution but his female counterpart, Gardevoir, did. I was upset about this since it felt unfair that one evolution counterpart had the Mega Evolution spotlight while the other didn't.

Luckily, this didn't deter my interest in Gallade. I was excited to learn you could obtain the Ralts evolution line during the main story, so I planned to obtain a Gallade for my story team. When I reached Route 4, I relieved the experience of Route 102 as I searched through every patch of grass until I finally encountered a Ralts and caught it. I raised it to a Gallade, and before long, he became a memorable member of my team as he took down most of Team Flare's members ("Team Flare's Worst Nightmare" I liked to call him), a decent number of gym leaders, two elite four members, and the champion. He was also the Pokemon I played with the most in Pokemon Amie; I thoroughly enjoyed seeing him bow to me every time we started playing. Seeing his head movements when feeding it Poke Muffins and playing the face game also made me smile.

Pokemon Amie with Gallade sure is a blast!

In the days between X/Y and OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire, I remember imagining how Mega Gallade could look like. I imagined it with a tuxedo-look to complete Mega Gardevoir's design. I was thinking that Mega Gallade should be included for the upcoming titles since they were remakes of two games where his evolution line first debuted in, so this was a golden opportunity. This long period of imagination came to an end on September 10, 2014. I remember checking Serebii.net early in the morning, and I noticed the September CoroCoro scans have been released with new OR/AS information. The one that immediately caught my attention when I first entered the website was this very scan.

The very first image of Mega Gallade revealed to the public

I screamed on the inside as I reacted with pure excitement. Gallade finally has a Mega Evolution, and an awesome looking one too! I loved how it gained a set of capes on his back, along with some cooler looking elbow blades. I was even shocked it became Wally's new signature Pokemon.

Pokemon OmegaRuby comes along, and immediately following Wally's capture, I relieved the Route 102 experience of catching Ralts; it took a while, yet it felt so nostalgic. Rather than relieve this nostalgia further by raising it to become a Gardevoir (which I will likely do sometime in the near future), I decided to raise it to become a Gallade so that I can use his Mega Evolution during the story.

I learned that you didn't get the Dawn Stone until the near end of the story, so when my Kirlia was close to evolving, I played through Super Training to obtain a Dawn Stone of my own and use it to obtain Gallade before the 5th gym. Gallade shined once more. Eventually, I fought Wally in Victory Road, and I won't forget that battle. I really felt like Wally was a far better character in those games, and the atmosphere of the battle captured it perfectly with the flowery setting and epic music. When he used his Mega Gallade against me, I remember choosing not to Mega Evolve any of my Pokemon and let him get at least two chances to attack me out of my respect for Gallade.

I was saddened when I learn you couldn't obtain the Galladite until you beaten the Delta Episode. Oh well, I eventually got my hands on it and was able to experience Gallade's Mega Evolution for myself. Like what many people say, you don't get to truly appreciate something until you experience it for yourself. Seeing Mega Gallade's animations and uses in battle provided me with a deeper liking for the awesome Blade Pokemon than I previously had!

Quite the story, isn't it? If you read all of it, you can understand this Pokemon's impact on me in my years as a Pokemon fan (perhaps you now understand where my Smashboards username comes from). Luckily, I'll conclude things by giving an abridged version of why he's my favorite Pokemon.

Just by looking at him, you can tell how cool of a Pokemon he really is. A knight with psychic powers and the ability to grow swords from his elbows? How much more awesome can that be? In my eyes, he's like a "Renaissance Man": he is very smart thanks to his Psychic-type and ability to read the opponent's mind; he is athletic thanks to his Fighting-type; and he is handsome just by looking at him. His Mega Evolution makes him look even cooler with a set of capes to further highlight his heroic personality, coupled with better elbow blades to be ready for anything! He even looks like the perfect prom date for Mega Gardevoir!

I think we now know who's going to win Prom King and Queen this year!

His official Ken Sugimori and Dream World artworks for both his normal form and his Mega Evolution are very well done. In both arts, Gallade looks as if he is ready for the most cataclysmic battle in the world!

I enjoy using Gallade in battles for his solid attack stats and very wide move pool. I mean, he can learn so many offensive moves, it's not even funny! He can learn Close Combat, Psycho Cut, Zen Headbutt, Night Slash, Knock Off, Leaf Blade, Slash, X-Scissor, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Shadow Sneak, the elemental punches, and so much more! As a Mega Evolution, Gallade gets even better! He gets the right speed and defense boosts that make him a solid physical sweeper, further helped with his high special defense stat. In fact, Gallade is tied with Scrafty for the highest special defense out of all non-legendary Fighting-types, and when Mega Evolved, Gallade has the highest attack stat out of all non-legendary Psychic-types. That's pretty awesome!

He's one of my most wanted newcomers for Smash Bros (specifically for the recent titles, not so much in Brawl). I can definitely envision him going up against fighters like Marth and Link with his dual-wielding, arm blade abilities combined with his psychic powers. Yes, I know his chances aren't looking good right now, so I won't be hurt if he doesn't get in. He's also at the top of my wish list for Pokken Tournament DLC. I mean, we already have Gardevoir, why not add Gallade? He fits the game quite well with his unique play style!

Wishing to see Gallade in both of these games demonstrates how much he's developed as a personal favorite of mine over the years, a liking that started as a small sprout with Pokemon D/P's Japanese release and reached full bloom with OR/AS. He'll likely remain my favorite for many years to come!

Honorable Mentions:
Arceus
Absol
Azelf
Bisharp <--My 11th favorite Pokemon. I like it since it looks like Gallade's evil counterpart. Seriously, it's like this Pokemon is made to battle Gallade in his ultimate battle, but the irony is that these two are best buds in competitive Pokemon; they create an amazing team core! I really started to like Bisharp more in X/Y thanks to all of the buffs it received.
Blaziken
Blastoise
Darkrai
Empoleon
Espeon
Floette - I like Floette mainly because of AZ's Floette that almost made me cry in X/Y's ending.
Garchomp
Glaceon
Giratina
Gengar
Groudon (Primal)
Jirachi
Lucario
Luxray
Lugia
Metagross
Mudkip
Onix
Palkia
Phanphy
Pikachu
Piplup
Reshiram
Roselia
Roserade
Salamence
Skarmory
Staraptor
Sudowoodo
Suicune
Sylveon
Talonflame
Tyrantrum
Uxie
Vaporeon
Victini
Yveltal

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
1. Absol - majestic design, in my favorite poke movie, gorgeous Mega Evolution, and it has an epic story for it's species. A pokemon that warns everyone when a disaster is approaching.... this guy is a hero.

2. Volcarona - Easily the coolest bug type. Fire/Bug may not be the best typing but it sure makes for an awesome design.

3. Flygon - The underdog Ground/Dragon. Most people fanboy the heck out of him. The only reason that doesn't affect my love for Flygon is the fact that he was my first dragon type. I got a trapinch way back when not having a clue what it became later on. I took it with me on my very first playthrough of a pokemon game. When it became ground/dragon my little child heart squealed.

4. Reunucleus - This guy is adorable AND a special offensive monster. Magic Guard is also my second favorite ability so that helps.

To be continued...

Last edited:

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
We all know the only right answer is :133:.

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥

1. Coolest battle music too.

2. Porygon line
  3. Mew
  4. Kecleon
  5. Vivillon
  6. Chandelure
Honorable mention to glitch Pokemon.

Edit: I feel ashamed for not mentioning Heracross. fff

Last edited:

Saucen

Bruh
NNID
FangMaGuoLai
1.:150:
2.:005:
3.:094:
4.:065:
5.:107:
6.:123:
7.:130:
8.:039:
9.:145:
10.:051:

There's only 151, right?

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
In order:

The only reason this guy's on the list is because of my Project M favourite.

We all have to have a favourite legendary... Mine is the (Rocket claimed) most powerful Pokémon in the world!

What's not to love about the overrated Charizard?

We all have our childhood generation, and mine was three. Omega Ruby was the first Pokémon game I bought, having grown up with three, played a little of one thanks to older siblings' hand-me-downs. Sceptile's my favourite starter.

Not a grass-type, and fun moves.

Sketch.

I don't love Eevee for what he is, but what he could be. ANYTHING. So long as it's one of eight types, that is.

His type-changery is fun, though I honestly wish his texture actually changed colour. That bugs me, and Gen 3 nostalgia.

Again, forme changing, it's a favourite concept of mine and Gen 3 nostalgia.
You guessed it! You was right!

Infinite breeding? Eh, it's okay. But if you want to learn about all the moves, your opponents strategy, both at once, and have plenty of Carbos, then he's a BEAST ON THE BATTLEFIELD. Also good against dragon, so there's that.
Just curious, does this double as a Pokemon social thread? I got here looking for that.

Top Bottom