• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 Favorite Pokemon

justaway12

Smash Master
Wigglytuff, BEST pokemon, in fact the entire line is the best, but I won't list them cause it'll take three spots and ehhh
Ivysaur, I'm of the opinion that the all second evolutions of the gen one starters are the best
Breloom
Pinsir, never cared about it before, until it was my first Shiny, now it's my one of my favs =}
Rapidash.
Flygon
Goodra, it's like a snotty dragon and that's cute =}
Spheal
Probopass, everytime I catch a Probopass I call it Mario cause I'm SOOOOOOO creative!
Vileplume, every couple of years it changes from Vileplume to Bellossom, IDK why, but I love them both!

Also, if a Pokemon is a grass type, there's a 99.95% chance that I'll love it!

oZzIIgk

Smash Journeyman
Scrafty
Zoroark
Spheal
Cyndaquil
Electrivire
Crustle
Torterra
Kakuna
Ivysaur
Magnemite

There's actually fewer Gen V Pokemon in my post than I expected.

Sol Squid

Smash Cadet
Slurpuff
Pachirisu
Arcanine
Zoroark
Squirtle
Marshtomp
Sligoo
Lopunny
Cincinno
Klefki
I'm sure I'm forgetting some that I like better than others on this list, this should be accurate.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
#10- Alakazam

#9- Aggron

#8- Zapdos

#7- Giratina

#6- Regigigas

#5- Garchomp

#4- Darkrai

#3- Swampert

#2- Greninja

#1- Kyogre

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
These Pokémon are my favorites.

Manectric - One of my favorite shiny Pokémon I legitimately searched for and captured.

Absol - My favorite shiny Pokémon I legitimately searched for and captured. Gosh, I love it so much.

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
Because I'm bored. Very biased towards GEN 1/2/3, which are my favorites by far :)

Last edited:

Stick Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sticker
3DS FC
1633-4504-2636
1. Torterra
2. Staraptor
3. Greninja
4. Mewtwo
5. Infernape
6. Ampharos
7. Empoleon
8. Snorlax
9. Gengar
10. Pikachu

Last edited:

Rawk Hawk

Smash Rookie
1. Whimsicott
2. Clefable
3. Dragonite
4. Mega Lopunny
5. Zygarde

Fairies are fantastic competitively and whimsi is the ultimate troll being the fastest prankster user with moves like substitute, encore, taunt, leech seed, stun spore, etc
Clefable can magic guard CM Moonblast Soft Boiled the hell out of anything and everything with a bold nature and some PhDef investments
Dragonite is a classic with Ddance Lum Outrage, Banded, WeakNite and several other builds including some as cool as rain special attacker it's hard not to love this adorable dragon
Mega Lopunny is a straight savage having won me 3 or 4 tournaments with some really unique sets I can't talk enough about how good this thing is with the Dual STABs and scrappy being resisted by absolutely no mons it's just incredible!
Zygarde is an odd pick but I loved him since XY came out with ddance espeed and eq he reminded me of a dragonite except his interesting snake like appearance granted him use of some cool moves like Coil and Glare which allow him to stand out amongst theother dragons

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
I have no particular order for this:

Zoroark
Weavile
Feraligatr
Mawile(Mega)
Sylveon
Delphox
Sceptile
Staraptor
Reshiram
Serperior

Runner ups would be: Mightyena, Blaziken, Torterra, Venusaur, Charizard and Greninja.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
My top 10.

(Wish he was in Smash or Pokken Fighters)

(Used to be my favorite for a while, but then Gen 5 and 6 happened)

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
#1 Crobat

#2 Pumpkaboo

#3 Galvantula

#4 Chandelure

#5 Weezing

That's my top 5. Not sure if I got a top 10, though

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
I don't have exactly a top ten, but these are my definite favorites as of me posting this. The explanations are a little long, so good luck!

#10: Kingdra.
If I were to be honest, I never have really liked dragon types all that much. To me they were over hyped, and while I do enjoy legendary Pokemon, nearly ALL of the legendary Pokemon are dragon types. Dragon types were also really hard to find sometimes, so I never really used them in actual gameplay. But that all changed when Kingdra hit the scene. Now, I love me some sea horses and sea dragons. I think that they are by far the most interesting aquatic creature period. And back in Emerald, I loved Horsea. I managed to catch one and train it to Seadra status. At the time, I never knew how to evolve it, so I never got a hold of Kingdra. I've never actually had a Kingdra in a Pokemon playthrough team just because of how nonexistent Horsea is from Emerald onward. I usually use Kingdra in battling (Sniper Critdra), and that's where I really started loving it. It would be much higher, but I just prefer these next Pokemon over it. Don't get me wrong though, Kingdra is a solid Pokemon and will remain one of my favorites for Pokemon generations to come.

#9: Klinklang.
I originally was going to put Aegislash in this spot for how cool he looks and how nearly-overpowered he is, but how can I put him over my all-time favorite steel type?

I don't know what it is about this thing, but I find it intriguing. It's a cluster of sentient, rotating gears that rely on it moving to stay alive. And somehow new gears just grow out of itself whenever it evolves. I don't use this Pokemon too often competitively, but the fact remains that this mound of gears is my favorite steel type. Oops, did I just spoil the rest of the list a little bit?

#8: Klefki.
Now, I know what you're thinking. 'But Ace, Klefki's a steel type! Didn't you just say that Klinklang was your favorite steel type ever?' Well, the answer is yes, I did say that, and Klinklang is my favorite steel type. This one's complicated, but the gist is, I put Klefki over Klinklang because of competitive viability. I use Klefki more often and find it much more useful. Also it's a flying key ring that will disable you beyond repair. There are no words.

#7: Roserade.
Ah, Roserade. I used to never use you ever. I used to think you were garbage, I used to think you weren't worth evolving from a Roselia. Oh, how wrong I was! Roserade is a fantastic Pokemon, and am making sure to obtain one in my most recent playthrough of Pokemon Platinum. This masked grass-type gives a whole new meaning to 'Every rose has it's thorns'. It looks all pretty and harmless until you get jolted awake from the poison slowly deteriorating your precious top-percentage Rattata. I usually use mine as a Toxic Spikes lead, but it all depends on what works for your team. Roserade is a very versatile Pokemon with a good mix of speed, power, and status. You can give it Giga Drain for more sustain, or run Leaf Storm for more power. The choice is yours on how you want to use this Pokemon.

#6: Sylveon.
It's cute, it's adorable, it's the newest addition to the Eevee family! I love it, and so will you!
Sylveon is (spoiler for the rest of my list) my favorite Eeveelution ever. As soon as this thing was leaked for Pokemon X and Y I was in love. It was the first Pokemon I bothered to sit with until max happiness in Pokemon Amie, and was the savior of my team in many different battles due to it's sheer bulk and FANTASTIC special attack mixed with Pixilate/Hyper Voice. I only ever use special wall cleric Sylveon, but you can go with just a special wall, or a special attacking tank. It would also make an amazing real-life pet.

#5: Hoopa.
You ain't never had a friend, never had a friend, you ain't never had a friend like HOOPA!

Hoopa is a genie. Just let that sink in. Hoopa is a genie. Out with Jirachi, this Pokemon will screw you over, AND it gives wishes all the time instead of every thousand years. In battle, this thing is a nightmare. You let it get set up, and you, along with your team, will die. Instantly. Physical sweeper. Special sweeper. Mixed attacker. Substitute Nasty Plot with Hyperspace Hole. Substitute, Gunk Shot, Hyperspace Fury, and Focus Punch. Hoopa has it all. My favorite set is Substitute, Nasty Plot, Hyperspace Hole, and Dark Pulse on Hoopa Unbound. It plows through every team it comes up against if used right. Even Hoopa Confined has viable movesets as a Trick Room special sweeper. This Pokemon is a mixed bag of tricks, and it keeps your opponent guessing.

#4: Absol.
Absol is one of those Pokemon where if I had the choice to become any Pokemon that wasn't a legendary, it would be Absol. In every medium it's been in, Absol has been the epitome of what every dark type should be. Cool, sleek, cunning, and powerful. It's also pretty rare in the games (depending on what you're playing). Also, it's mega evolution isn't all that bad either. One of the better ones out there. Absol would rank higher for me on the list, but it's base form isn't too great in battling, and it's unbelievably frail. You have to have an incredible setup strategy to get even one swords dance up on a Mega Absol.

#3: Diancie.
Diancie is my favorite legendary, period. I'm not exactly sure what ranks Diancie up so high, and I don't have much else to say other than it's a beast in battling and is by far my favorite mega-evolution in terms of style and effectiveness.

#2: Weavile.
Weavile is awesome. Take what I said about Absol and mulitply it by six. It's competitively viable, is in Pokken Tournament, and is an ice type. Ice types are my second favorite type, right next to dark types, so this Pokemon was made for me. Fake Out, Icicle Crash, Knock Off, Ice Shard. The combination of those moves and a mischievous personality, and you have one heck of a Pokemon.

#1: Sceptile.
Now, when I first played Pokemon Emerald, I picked Mudkip and he was the man! He's still my most picked starter in Emerald/OR/AS to this day, but Sceptile is so much cooler. So much cooler in fact, that he was picked for Pokken Tournament, has a much cooler mega evolution, and his pre-evolution, Grovyle, was the single greatest character in PKMN Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky (right next to Headmaster Wigglytuff, of course). Now, I would have put Grovyle as number one instead of Sceptile, but Sceptile is the one with the mega evolution, and is more competitively viable.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
10. Rotom
9. Togetic
8. Absol
7. Nuzleaf
6. Umbreon
5. Leafeon
4. Ho-Oh
3. Staraptor
2. Chimchar
1. Oshawott

Last edited:

SuicuneSam

Smash Rookie
Here are is my Top 10 List with no Reasoning so Enjoy =)

10: Manectric
9: Rowlet
8: Blastoise
7: Hydreigon
6: Diglett & Dugtrio
5: Dodrio
4: Emboar (Bacon)
3: Alakazam
2: Bisharp
1: Suicune

Suicune FTW!!!!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Guess I'll share my updated favorite Pokemon list:

10. Chandelure
9. Primarina
8. Lycanroc (Midday Form)
7. Meloetta
6. Swampert
5. Shaymin (Sky Forme)
4. Lurantis
3. Aegislash
2. Greninja
1. Gallade

Might as well talk about the new additions:

Primarina - I was among those fans that liked Popplio when it was first revealed, but when I saw Primarina in action in its reveal trailer, I knew I had to pick Popplio as my starter for my first play through of Sun/Moon. It has a really gorgeous design, nailing the perfect mix of a mermaid and a seal. I got a female Popplio and appropriately named it Azura, and this Pokemon did wonders during my adventure. Very rarely did it ever faint, and it made a pretty cool special tank with pretty good diversity. This Pokemon was basically ready for anything in the story: all of the Kahunas, most of Team Skull, all of the Elite Four, a good number of Island Trials, you name it.

Lycanroc (Midday Form) - I was pretty happy that we finally got a proper wolf Pokemon, and I loved this creature the moment I saw it. It looked sophisticated and calm. The white coloring, canine appearance, thick mane, and bushy tail reminded me of Kaden, one of my favorite characters from Fire Emblem Fates. I knew I just had to add this Pokemon to my Sun team and name it after him. I did just that, except I caught a female and named it Selkie. Selkie ended up being one of the best Pokemon on my team. With its high Attack and Speed Stats, it took out most Pokemon in its wake. Accelrock was a great move for it too; in fact, it was pretty clutch against those pesky Golbats and Crobats I faced.

Lurantis - This was my favorite Alola Pokemon the moment it was revealed. It reminded me of my favorite Pokemon with its red eyes and emphasis on the arm blades. When I caught a Fomantis, I remember what a struggle it was to train it due to its weak stats, but once it evolved into Lurantis, this Pokemon really shined on my team. Yes, I know this Pokemon will be nowhere good in competitive, but it helped me a lot in the story due its decently high Attack and surprisingly nice bulk. I even gave it a Quick Claw to patch that low speed of Lurantis at times, and it was pretty clutch in knocking out Kukui's Lyranroc before it could set up Stealth Rocks. With a cute & elegant design as well as a good Pokemon on my Sun story team, Lurantis earned its place where it is now.

For anyone that wants to read about the other Pokemon in my favorites list, you can read it here.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Blastoise
Ampharos
Nidoking
Tyrantrum
Reuniclus
Golisopod/ Araquanid
Buzzwole
Turtonator
Porygon-Z/ Exploud
Empoleon/ Greninja

Updated with gen 7 pokemon, but a lot less sure. More ties

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Sure...my updated favourites since it has got shaken up a bit since SuMo dropped...

10. Sharpedo
9. Lycanroc (Midday)
8. Alolan Ninetales
7. Vikavolt
6. Haxorus
5. Scizor
4. Sableye
3. Rayquaza
2. Salamence
1. Sneasel

My Top 6 remain unchanged...
-Vikavolt is nasty as **** and I love it!!!...awesome design and hits like a truck...I was anxious for a savage looking beetle pokemon for Gen 7 and that's exactly what Vikavolt is, real shame it's slow as **** and can only be evolved fairly late into the game but I still really like this Pokemon...
-Alolan Ninetales is majestic as **** and love it!!!...the best repurposed Alola form imo as it feels like this is what Ninetales was meant to be...its just so pretty especially when you use dazzling gleam the way it shines
-Lycanroc (Midday) is fierce as **** and I love it!!!...at first I wasn't too impressed with its reveal cuz it felt plain for Pokemon's first 'true' wolf...but overtime it grew on me cuz it exudes what a wolf is supposed to be...its got this feral nature about it as well as in the canyon its kind of creepy hearing its cries as if you're being stalked by a pack of them...
-Sharpedo the only pre-Gen 7 existing pokemon/form that made its way up into my Top 10...I really like sharks, like a lot, Sharpedo is no exception...I was always torn between whether or not Sharpedo or Crawdaunt were my favourite water types both are also Dark types, both have great designs, they both even look a like but in the end the Shark won over the crawfish...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I forgot about Alolan forms.

I wonder if I can make room in a top 10

D

Deleted member

My Top 3:

#1:

#2:

#3:

As for the 7 remaining without order:

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
Before I start, my first and second favorite are very close in the competition for my favorite pokémon, and they have swapped positions over the years, but the rest of the list is somewhat in a solid order since the first 6 are my ideal team, and the rest are ones I love too, but not enough to knock out the ones near the top.

1. Flygon - Flygon is just so awesome, under-appreciated, overshadowed (I'm looking at you garchomp), and HE NEEDS A MEGA! I feel like flygon is the super-cool nerd of pokémon, so basically who I aspire to be.
2. Lapras - This beauty is such a cool pokémon. For being tiered so low, it is incredibly powerful if played right, and it is so versatile with its moveset, it can surprise many people. And it is simultaneously beautiful, majestic, powerful, and amazing.
3. Goodra - This is one of the few cute yet super powerful pokémon out there in my opinion, and I love its entire evolutionary line. I also like more defensive pokémon, and goodra is one of the best defensive walls!
4. Steelix - Steelix has such high defense, it can tank super-effective moves, and still have time to get set up with curse, and slam people with earthquake or gyro ball, both deal huge damage after a boost from curse. Also, I love steelix's goofy grin!
5. Milotic - It is canon that this is the most beautiful pokémon, and it certainly is. Also, it is a great tank for either physical or special moves, and I love serpentine pokémon.
6. Mawile - Watch mawile in the anime. It is not evil at all, contrary to how it looks. It does a ballet ribbon dance with its trainer, and is so cute! But piss it off, and you are gonna get bit. I love that personality! Also, its mega evolution has the highest base attack stat of any pokémon counting its ability huge power. Cute, but deadly!
7. Darmanitan - This pokémon was made to do one thing: Use flare blitz, and use it well! With a sunny day, darmanitan's flare blitz with STAB, sheer force, and possibly a fire gem destroys all walls. If that somehow fails, use another uber powerful move like superpower, earthquake, or thrash! No wall is safe!
8. Serperior - One problem with most defensive pokémon is that they are slow, but serperior is defensive, and super fast! And a serpent! Bonus! Serperior is probably my favorite starter.
9. Scolipede - I am not a fan of bug types. I don't like bugs in real life, or in pokémon, but scolipede is an exception. For some reason, it just looks nice to me, has decent stats and coverage, and is just pretty cool in general! The only good bug.
10. Swanna? The reason I put a question mark is because there are so many other Pokémon I love that are not going to make it on this list if. I put swanna here. I like swanna because it is a great HM slave, and it is beautiful. Since stats of a HM slave don't matter, it wins purely through aesthetics, typing, moveset, and how common it is, and swanna in my opinion best fits the spot.
Other Pokémon in contention for spot 10 are:
Charizard, sharpedo, dunsparce, cradily, braviary, lucario, sigilyph, umbreon, yanma, and gigalith
Yeah definitely time for an update. my top 10 list has changed a lot. In fact, I even made a top 100 list, which I will link here:
http://tinyurl.com/yax8w5au
But anyways, here's the updated top 10:

10. Charizard [new]: Charizard was my first Pokémon ever, and as such, he really does hold a special place in my heart. But what really makes him top 10 is actually his smash bros appearance. I love using Charizard, even if he isn't my main. He has such a fun moveset, and its so fun to make hard reads with him and win with him. But besides that, Charizard is all around a great Pokémon, and it looks like he will never be getting left behind either!

9. Araquanid [new]: The only Gen VII Pokémon to crack my top 10 (so far) is Araquanid. When I first saw this thing (which luckily for me was in game, I did not get it spoiled by leaks), it was immediately exactly what I was looking for to put on my team. In addition, when I looked at its stats, it was specially defensive with an incredible ability! That's like, right up my alley! I love defensive Pokémon that aren't stall! And I have not been disappointed. I think of Araquanid as the Surskit evolution we never got. Surskit went from a cool, unique water spider, to a generic flying/bug when it evolved. Araquanid is exactly what I wanted to see, and boy did he deliver even more than I was hoping!

8. Goodra [down 5]: Yes Goodra has fallen quite a bit on my list. All the way from top 3. This is mostly because I was so in love with it before since it was still so new, and my favorite Pokémon from the current gen, but now, it really lacks nostalgic value with me, and its design has kinda wore off on me, and god dang it the anime made its voice sound disgusting. So now it has stabilized its position down at number 8. However I don't expect it to fall any further. I still love Goodra, easily my favorite Pseudo legendary, and fills a very unique role overall. It can learn a variety of different moves and can run them either physical or special, making for a very unpredictable pokemon. It's also defensively based but not stall, which I love. Goodra is still a very well designed Pokémon according to my specific tastes, but it doesn't have much of a personality, and lacks nostalgic value, and I really don't have too much experience with it.

7. Serperior [up 1]: Serperior is just a bit higher than before, and it still stays here for similar reasons. Easily my favorite starter, as its such a unique choice of real world animal to base a starter off of, and it couldn't have turned out better. I thoroughly enjoyed using it all the way through White, and ever since it got its hidden ability, its been one of my strongest Pokémon I own! I continue to use it in battles for its amazing strength, and its stats are again, perfect for me. Defensively based and not stall. But, this time, its a fast defensive Pokémon. That's so rare! And as such, it has a very unique role and has very little competition for it, and a super unique design to match!

6. Darmanitan [up 1]: Darmanitan also continues to deliver for me. He is the ultimate glass cannon, boasting actually ridiculous power in exchange for not being able to take a hit that it doesn't resist. Darmanitan can break down almost any wall in the game, but can't exactly sweep since he takes a lot of recoil and has no healing. His design too mirrors his all out offense, with almost comedically large hands and mouth, you can tell Darmanitan means business. In addition, if you feel like having some fun, you can try using Zen Mode. Even if it isn't very good in battle, its still fun to try out, and gives Darmanitan a lot more personality and unique flair, which is very important when you are from the generation with the largest pool of Pokémon.

5. Gigalith [new]: Gigalith has one of the most intimidating designs of any Pokémon in my opinion. This giant sentient rock monster boasting so much power that it forms crystals breaking out of his body staring you down with unblinking eyes, now that's a fearsome beast! Gigalith recently became much more relevant now that he can set up sand on entry, and his immense physical stats allow him to 1v1 most physical attackers. He is defensive but not stall, which again I love. Also, Gigalith completely tore through most of the gyms in White, since rock was surprisingly effective versus almost all of them! He was basically the MVP of my team other than Serperior, and he was usually lower level! Also Gigalith's shiny form looks killer. An intimidating Pokémon that serves as great utility and strength.

4. Steelix: Steelix has the perfect balance in his design between goofy and intimidating. I mean, he is a gigantic (and I mean gigantic) tunneling serpent made of steel, and has a mega evolution where it seems like the earth bends to his will at all times, but then again, that look on his face, its so goofy! That underbite! Honestly hard to take him seriously! And I love that duality! Yet again, Steelix is a heavily defensive pokemon, tied for the best when mega, that isn't stall and still hits super hard, and can even set up with curse! Also his shiny form is my favorite shiny form of them all. The only thing cooler than a giant tunneling serpent made of steel is a giant tunneling serpent made of gold! Almost no physical attackers can 1v1 this behemoth!

3. Mawile [up 1]: I continue to like Mawile more and more as time goes on. It's design is so unique and thoughtful! It's personality as seen in the anime is cute, but freaking scary when it wants to be. It's typing is arguably the best combination in the game, and of course, its mega is busted powerful! Who knew that this 1 meter tall purple pants creature could be scarier than a Garchomp or a mega Charizard? Well it is powerful beyond imagination, and shrugs off most attacks thanks to intimidate and its typing. It's design still fascinates me, both mega and regular, and I can't get enough of looking at it while it does its thing in battle. Such an awesome little monster!

2. Lapras: Back when I played pokemon like a drooling child (because I was a drooling child) and I only used Charizard and almost nothing else, Lapras was the only other Pokémon I had that could really carry its weight, and boy did it do so! It could take down opponents far above its own level somehow, and was always my answer to any opponent Charizard couldn't handle. I never knew Lapras was such a low tier Pokémon until much later, and I didn't believe it! It seemed so powerful! I still believe that a Lapras in my hands is way more powerful than it should be. My Lapras always somehow kill things they shouldn't, survive moves it shouldn't, and impact games way more than it should. I have no idea what the secret is, but Lapras is actually scary when in my hands. Also I love its design and whole personality. It loves to ferry people around yet is almost hunted to extinction by them, but still holds no grudge. Also its based on the Loch Ness Monster (not just any old Plesiosaur), so its also technically a dinosaur and a legend. What an amazing Pokémon!

1. Flygon: Flygon by far has the most nostalgic value with me, and yet, I never used him on a main series team until Pokémon Y! How? Well Flygon was the first ex Pokémon card I ever obtained, and after that, I became obsessed with him, watching every movie and anime episode with him, and getting to know him very well. I just love his design! It's so simple, yet so perfect! He looks like a dragon but still has his own unique flair to every aspect of his design! Also his role in battles is very flexible. Thanks to getting dragon dance now, he can be a pivot, hazard control, cleaner, or wallbreaker! While he performs none of these roles outstandingly, he performs them all well, and as such can be useful on almost any team! I doubt Flygon will ever be dethroned as my favorite Pokémon!

So what happened to Milotic, Scolipede, and the pokemon tied for number 10? Well, Milotic often performed a very similar role to Lapras, so I rarely used it anymore, and as such, it kinda fell off my list one by one as I came to love other Pokémon more. It is now #15. Despite loving Scolipede's design, I never have used him on a team of any kind, so he also didn't keep up, and has fallen to spot #16. As for the tie for #10, Charizard obviously won out in the end (except for Gigalith who passed him). As for where the rest ended up, Braviary #12, Swanna #13, Sigilyph #21, Cradily #24, Umbreon #32, Yanma #39, Dunsparce #54, and Sharpedo and Lucario are not even on my top 100. Braviary and Swanna are still serious contenders, Sigilyph, Cradily, Umbreon, and Yanma are still cool but not overly special, Dunsparce is still funny, and the other two were just fads that I don't care for much anymore.

It's amazing how much one can change over time.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah definitely time for an update. my top 10 list has changed a lot. In fact, I even made a top 100 list, which I will link here:
http://tinyurl.com/yax8w5au
But anyways, here's the updated top 10:

10. Charizard [new]: Charizard was my first Pokémon ever, and as such, he really does hold a special place in my heart. But what really makes him top 10 is actually his smash bros appearance. I love using Charizard, even if he isn't my main. He has such a fun moveset, and its so fun to make hard reads with him and win with him. But besides that, Charizard is all around a great Pokémon, and it looks like he will never be getting left behind either!

9. Araquanid [new]: The only Gen VII Pokémon to crack my top 10 (so far) is Araquanid. When I first saw this thing (which luckily for me was in game, I did not get it spoiled by leaks), it was immediately exactly what I was looking for to put on my team. In addition, when I looked at its stats, it was specially defensive with an incredible ability! That's like, right up my alley! I love defensive Pokémon that aren't stall! And I have not been disappointed. I think of Araquanid as the Surskit evolution we never got. Surskit went from a cool, unique water spider, to a generic flying/bug when it evolved. Araquanid is exactly what I wanted to see, and boy did he deliver even more than I was hoping!

8. Goodra [down 5]: Yes Goodra has fallen quite a bit on my list. All the way from top 3. This is mostly because I was so in love with it before since it was still so new, and my favorite Pokémon from the current gen, but now, it really lacks nostalgic value with me, and its design has kinda wore off on me, and god dang it the anime made its voice sound disgusting. So now it has stabilized its position down at number 8. However I don't expect it to fall any further. I still love Goodra, easily my favorite Pseudo legendary, and fills a very unique role overall. It can learn a variety of different moves and can run them either physical or special, making for a very unpredictable pokemon. It's also defensively based but not stall, which I love. Goodra is still a very well designed Pokémon according to my specific tastes, but it doesn't have much of a personality, and lacks nostalgic value, and I really don't have too much experience with it.

7. Serperior [up 1]: Serperior is just a bit higher than before, and it still stays here for similar reasons. Easily my favorite starter, as its such a unique choice of real world animal to base a starter off of, and it couldn't have turned out better. I thoroughly enjoyed using it all the way through White, and ever since it got its hidden ability, its been one of my strongest Pokémon I own! I continue to use it in battles for its amazing strength, and its stats are again, perfect for me. Defensively based and not stall. But, this time, its a fast defensive Pokémon. That's so rare! And as such, it has a very unique role and has very little competition for it, and a super unique design to match!

6. Darmanitan [up 1]: Darmanitan also continues to deliver for me. He is the ultimate glass cannon, boasting actually ridiculous power in exchange for not being able to take a hit that it doesn't resist. Darmanitan can break down almost any wall in the game, but can't exactly sweep since he takes a lot of recoil and has no healing. His design too mirrors his all out offense, with almost comedically large hands and mouth, you can tell Darmanitan means business. In addition, if you feel like having some fun, you can try using Zen Mode. Even if it isn't very good in battle, its still fun to try out, and gives Darmanitan a lot more personality and unique flair, which is very important when you are from the generation with the largest pool of Pokémon.

5. Gigalith [new]: Gigalith has one of the most intimidating designs of any Pokémon in my opinion. This giant sentient rock monster boasting so much power that it forms crystals breaking out of his body staring you down with unblinking eyes, now that's a fearsome beast! Gigalith recently became much more relevant now that he can set up sand on entry, and his immense physical stats allow him to 1v1 most physical attackers. He is defensive but not stall, which again I love. Also, Gigalith completely tore through most of the gyms in White, since rock was surprisingly effective versus almost all of them! He was basically the MVP of my team other than Serperior, and he was usually lower level! Also Gigalith's shiny form looks killer. An intimidating Pokémon that serves as great utility and strength.

4. Steelix: Steelix has the perfect balance in his design between goofy and intimidating. I mean, he is a gigantic (and I mean gigantic) tunneling serpent made of steel, and has a mega evolution where it seems like the earth bends to his will at all times, but then again, that look on his face, its so goofy! That underbite! Honestly hard to take him seriously! And I love that duality! Yet again, Steelix is a heavily defensive pokemon, tied for the best when mega, that isn't stall and still hits super hard, and can even set up with curse! Also his shiny form is my favorite shiny form of them all. The only thing cooler than a giant tunneling serpent made of steel is a giant tunneling serpent made of gold! Almost no physical attackers can 1v1 this behemoth!

3. Mawile [up 1]: I continue to like Mawile more and more as time goes on. It's design is so unique and thoughtful! It's personality as seen in the anime is cute, but freaking scary when it wants to be. It's typing is arguably the best combination in the game, and of course, its mega is busted powerful! Who knew that this 1 meter tall purple pants creature could be scarier than a Garchomp or a mega Charizard? Well it is powerful beyond imagination, and shrugs off most attacks thanks to intimidate and its typing. It's design still fascinates me, both mega and regular, and I can't get enough of looking at it while it does its thing in battle. Such an awesome little monster!

2. Lapras: Back when I played pokemon like a drooling child (because I was a drooling child) and I only used Charizard and almost nothing else, Lapras was the only other Pokémon I had that could really carry its weight, and boy did it do so! It could take down opponents far above its own level somehow, and was always my answer to any opponent Charizard couldn't handle. I never knew Lapras was such a low tier Pokémon until much later, and I didn't believe it! It seemed so powerful! I still believe that a Lapras in my hands is way more powerful than it should be. My Lapras always somehow kill things they shouldn't, survive moves it shouldn't, and impact games way more than it should. I have no idea what the secret is, but Lapras is actually scary when in my hands. Also I love its design and whole personality. It loves to ferry people around yet is almost hunted to extinction by them, but still holds no grudge. Also its based on the Loch Ness Monster (not just any old Plesiosaur), so its also technically a dinosaur and a legend. What an amazing Pokémon!

1. Flygon: Flygon by far has the most nostalgic value with me, and yet, I never used him on a main series team until Pokémon Y! How? Well Flygon was the first ex Pokémon card I ever obtained, and after that, I became obsessed with him, watching every movie and anime episode with him, and getting to know him very well. I just love his design! It's so simple, yet so perfect! He looks like a dragon but still has his own unique flair to every aspect of his design! Also his role in battles is very flexible. Thanks to getting dragon dance now, he can be a pivot, hazard control, cleaner, or wallbreaker! While he performs none of these roles outstandingly, he performs them all well, and as such can be useful on almost any team! I doubt Flygon will ever be dethroned as my favorite Pokémon!

So what happened to Milotic, Scolipede, and the pokemon tied for number 10? Well, Milotic often performed a very similar role to Lapras, so I rarely used it anymore, and as such, it kinda fell off my list one by one as I came to love other Pokémon more. It is now #15. Despite loving Scolipede's design, I never have used him on a team of any kind, so he also didn't keep up, and has fallen to spot #16. As for the tie for #10, Charizard obviously won out in the end (except for Gigalith who passed him). As for where the rest ended up, Braviary #12, Swanna #13, Sigilyph #21, Cradily #24, Umbreon #32, Yanma #39, Dunsparce #54, and Sharpedo and Lucario are not even on my top 100. Braviary and Swanna are still serious contenders, Sigilyph, Cradily, Umbreon, and Yanma are still cool but not overly special, Dunsparce is still funny, and the other two were just fads that I don't care for much anymore.

It's amazing how much one can change over time.
Lol, do you have exact numbers for all the Pokemon? I can't even list my top 10 in NY specific order

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
I shall make this blissfully short (and this ain't in any specific order):

1. Ho-oh
  2. Zapdos
  3. Articuno
  4. Entei
  5. Roselia
  6. Mewtwo
  7. Pikachu
  8. Emolga
  9. Weezing
  10. Moltres

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
Lol, either I'm doing something wrong or I'm not finding it very accurate
You should usually be picking multiple pokemon per round of it until you eventually get to the point where it pits them 1v1. Then again, you yourself may have trouble consistently choosing which pokemon you like more than another, in which case, yeah the very formulaic approach of the site won't accurately reflect your opinions

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Top 50 something Pokémon I guess. With forms

Edit: My top 10 from gen 4 alone makes this list. I guess I do like gen 4 a lot still

in fact, 11 gen 4 pokemon make it

Edit:

I tore apart my top 25. For the most part I agree. I saw few pokemon below that I believed should be above in my top 25 but I also didn't know who I'd replace. I'd add Volcarona to it somehow

But, STATS! (Not counting doubles like Blastoise and Mega Blastoise)

Gen 7 - 7
Gen 5 - 6
Gen 4 - 4
Gen 2 - 3
Gen 1 - 2
Gen 3 - 2
Gen 6 - 1

Gen 7 is the gen with my most favorite pokemon. Technically a bunch are gen 1 pokemon remade though. I guess gen 6 had my least amount of favorite pokemon. If you count my top 50 though, I think gen 4 eventually becomes top. Didn't check though.

Water 6

Bug 5

Poison 4

Rock 3 (All fossil)

Dragon 3

Dark 3

Electric 2

Ice 2

Steel 2

Normal 2

Fire 2

Grass 2

Ground 1

Psychic 1

Fighting 1

Fairy 1

Ghost 1

Flying 0

Water is my favorite type, which I knew. Followed by bug. But apparently flying is my least favorite. As represented by my top 25. Also every rock pokemon that made the list was a fossil pokemon. So, barely rock imo

Last edited:

Crucible

Smash Apprentice
NNID
4evrsmash
For the last 20 years, I’ve held this topic in high regard.

1. Gengar
  2. Scizor
  3. Flygon
  4. Elekid
  5. Umbreon
  6. Swampert
  7. Miltank
  8. Ivysaur
  9. Riolu
  10. Blastoise

D

Deleted member

1. Chandelure
  2. Greninja
  3. Decidueye
  4. Scizor
  5. Golisopod
  6. Krookodile
  7. Metagross
  8. Salamance
  9. Mewtwo
  10. Luxray

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Slowbro
Hitmonlee
Pinsir
Garchomp
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Jigglypuff
Feraligatr
Nidoking
Venusaur

Last edited:

SoaPuffball

Smash Cadet
okay. let’s go

10) Carbink - mini diancie
9) Shaymin - it looks so like a bush! i think there was a shaymin bush in magikarp jump somewhere, but shaymin’s still so cute!
8) Aurorus - a nice huge ice monster that is cute.
7) Leavanny - a little knitting girl. so cute!
6) Gothitelle - psychic lady is also as cute
5) Primarina - my starter in moon. lovely Prima~
4) Ribombee - a cute fairy bee. thats it.
3) Meloetta - another mythical fairy makes the list. well not really because victini is the mythical fairy of gen 5. but she’s so cute too!
2) Magearna - You remember when our little mechanical robot was revealed, there were many people doing magiancie comparisons, theories, art, etc? that’s why it’s here. she’s practically a mechanical snowclone of #1 diancie ;) also i have once since i do have pokémon moon
1) Diancie
so my love for diancie goes back until like 2015 or so when i remembered pokémon, it is in the 6th gen and basically one of the mythicals. ofcourse since its a mythical i’ve never had one sadly, but i would really want to have one. but the only pokémon game i have is moon ;(

ok so back then i loved hoopa too but it was sidelined once i had a more concrete list of favorite pokémon. then i watched the movies and fell in love with diancie more. as of now its like in most of the profile pics i use under SoaPuffball, and is one of my favorite characters ever (like the title name Soap and also Microphone from Inanimate Insanity), also diancie is my waifu!

nicknames for them:
10) Carbony
9) Shaym
8) Aurory
7) Leafy (no, not THAT leafy)
6) Gothi
5) Prima~
4) Ribom~
3) Meloe~
2) Magie~
1) Dia~
9. Diancie

A kawaii, feminine design like Mawile, which I like. Also crystals. Its mega form is particularly awesome.

Simply the best there are.
1. Diancie
#3: Diancie.
Diancie is my favorite legendary, period. I'm not exactly sure what ranks Diancie up so high, and I don't have much else to say other than it's a beast in battling and is by far my favorite mega-evolution in terms of style and effectiveness.
;) ;) ;)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Its hard to do a top 10 when there's over, what, eight hundred Pokémon?

My favorite three are Lucario, Victini and Typhlosion in general.

My favorite competitive Pokémon are Serperior and Volcarona.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
My Top 10 (in no order)

Zangoose
Lucario
Greninja
Alolan Raichu
Espeon
Garvedoir
Gengar
Cyndaquil
Delphoix
Salazzle

Honorable mentions (can't name all of them)

Ampharos
Scyther
Heracross
Aipom
Sneasel
Sandscrew
Sandslash
Feraligatr
Bravery
Hawlucha
Persian
Alakazam
Jynx
Jolteon
Clefable
Nidoking
Sceptile
Sharpedo
Cuban
Rhydon
Gallade
Blaziken
Roserade
Absol
Buizel

paintbucket

Smash Rookie
Oof, I have a lot but, in no particular order:

1. Bulbasaur
2. Shaymin
3. Glaceon
4. Volcarona
5. Lilligant
6. Jirachi
7. Mew
8. Zorua
9. Sylveon
10. Latios/Latias (they're in the same spot)

yes, cuteness matters to me a lot.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
10. Nidoking
9. Salamence
8. Magnezone
7. Lilligant
6. Giratina
5. Swampert
4. Rayquaza