• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toonami Mafia - Game Over - Daytime Programing wins!

Clownbot

Smash Lord
@Clownbot/Rake: After we lynch nabe who do you want for the 2nd lynch? Are you willing to trust me one more time and go WATT?

:phone:
I don't know. I'd be the first guy to remind everyone here that we need to decide this in advance but I really don't know. Do you want to lynch WATT after Nabe regardless of how he flips?

I plan on doing a read of MiR and Nabe probably later today. That should help me come up with a clearer answer, but to be straight with you I'm not sure about lynching WATT yet.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Mod note: Deadline in 58 hours.

1. Rake - [0] -
2. Soup - [0] -
3. Kary - [2] - KevinM, Rajam,
4. KevinM - [0]
5. Wots All This Then? (Orboknown/JDietz hydra) - [4] Vanderzant, Gangstalicious, Kary, Nabe,
6. PrivateJoker-Brown - [1] -
7. Rajam - [1] - Clownbot
8. Vanderzant - [0]
9. Nabe - [2] - PrivateJoker-Brown, Wots All This Then?,
10. Gangstalicious (Inferno3044/J) - [1] - Rake,
11. Clownbot - [0]

Not Voting [1] Soup,

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch. Deadline is at December 30th 11:59 CST.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Skimming CelebRehab didn't really do anything to develop my read on Rajam. If WATT still wants to wait until Raj has posted more to go into detail on him then w/e.

Nabe self-vote is a nulltell, I have my doubts that there's even any intent behind it. Still would lynch, also wish he would stop posting tonight if he's not going to deliver content. It's kind of a *********.
To put it in a nutshell I don't think Rajam can scumhunt if they were hiding in his pants with him, even when he rolls cop. I didn't want to be mean about it or cut off you forming your own conclusions about him but that's how I feel from my experience with him in Celeb Rehab. This and the fact he's not a native english speaker means reading his intent or reasoning when he makes stupid pushes or one line posts from 30 pages ago (yes he did this even in Celeb) is usually fruitless and I haven't been damning his slot for the actions this game because of it, though there has been massive eye rolling. That said, if he's still not getting involved and sheeping Kevin then the point that he's shady dead weight still holds merit. (I admit even for Rajam standards he's rather far behind if the last notes he posted only go up to around post #400) I'd still lynch him before most of the cast regardless, but I figured you deserved to know some background since you asked before you saw some of Rajam's normal routine as exceptionally damning above the things that actually may be.

Rereading WATT's big post on Kary but upon first looking at it I didn't see anything damning.
Alright, you let me know. It's no secret that when we play together Kary and I tend to clash so I've been hoping to get re-affirmation from other parties on this, especially since it's meta-related. I can't help but see those opening posts and want to rub sandpaper against my groin vigorously.

I see you Nabe. I see you trying to turn this around on me and make me look crazy.

While Watt simultaneously attacks my points while voting you.

It's all very telling ;)

:phone:
Vanz explain the Nabe watt connection besides a reachy wifom case on Nabe selfvoting.
^This please. Last I heard you were reaffirming you weren't making your WATT case around Nabe's actions.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
To put it in a nutshell I don't think Rajam can scumhunt if they were hiding in his pants with him, even when he rolls cop. I didn't want to be mean about it or cut off you forming your own conclusions about him but that's how I feel from my experience with him in Celeb Rehab. This and the fact he's not a native english speaker means reading his intent or reasoning when he makes stupid pushes or one line posts from 30 pages ago (yes he did this even in Celeb) is usually fruitless and I haven't been damning his slot for the actions this game because of it, though there has been massive eye rolling. That said, if he's still not getting involved and sheeping Kevin then the point that he's shady dead weight still holds merit. (I admit even for Rajam standards he's rather far behind if the last notes he posted only go up to around post #400) I'd still lynch him before most of the cast regardless, but I figured you deserved to know some background since you asked before you saw some of Rajam's normal routine as exceptionally damning above the things that actually may be.

Alright, you let me know. It's no secret that when we play together Kary and I tend to clash so I've been hoping to get re-affirmation from other parties on this, especially since it's meta-related. I can't help but see those opening posts and want to rub sandpaper against my groin vigorously.

^This please. Last I heard you were reaffirming you weren't making your WATT case around Nabe's actions.
Ah dangit. I think we had a perfect on-hydra record until that :<

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
this post is AtE

Vote: Nabe

someone hammer
:urg:

lots of post
you seem very into this case on me... it's really not sensible of you. i've got this creeping feeling that you're just terrible at reads.

and since you asked, i am voting you for tempo.

But I'm like 99% confident his self vote must of come out of reaction to the WATT wagon. I don't see why he'd react that way to pressure on himself if his scum buddies life was not at stake. He could literally just sit and do nothing. And a Nabe lynch at this stage wasn't even clear cut.

His scum buddy MUST be at stake. He's trying to use WIFOM to possibly help his team in some way. Maybe WATTs ability is more useful? Or maybe they feel that a night kill on me could allow WATT to somehow wiggle out of the pressure on him? I'm really speculating here, but like Time Travellers it HAS to be more than just Nabe giving up.
:confused:

:urg: :c

i'd like to put forward that we lynch only one person toDay, and we put the doc on clownbot tonight. as i understand this is still an option, and i personally am not sure i have enough content/connections from some slots to want to lynch twice today.

i'm also willing to swing to a Nabe lynch; I did say I would give WATT the benefit of the doubt, anyways. I need to think some more about this game, but ehh, busy.

let me re-read that PJB readlist again.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
My read on Nabe stands on it's own, regardless of the fact that he replaced MiR instead of RF. It's just not quite as strengthened as before :/

I'm not very interested in any of the current wagons. I suppose if people wish to join me in making a new wagon?

Vote: Nabe
hmmmmm what made you pick Nabe over Rajam?

aaand i'm hoping Nabe posts before i get back tomorrow. it looks like you want attention, so i'm guessing there's a reason for that?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Dietz, I appreciate your input but the fact that you think Rajam can't scumhunt worth **** and his play in this game is even more useless than usual does not convince me that we should keep him around for even a little bit longer. I understand that it's meta-based but the meta is extremely fallible regarding use of it to actually determine Raj's alignment.

i'd like to put forward that we lynch only one person toDay, and we put the doc on clownbot tonight. as i understand this is still an option, and i personally am not sure i have enough content/connections from some slots to want to lynch twice today.
No, no, no.

Never ****ing mind what you personally are. I'm not gonna hinge my ability to use the Hero power on the possibility that there's a Doc in this game.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Not to mention the fact that even if there is one Mafia very possibly has something to counteract it.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Vand, I'll try to get an answer to your question in before the deadline. I wish it would be based on reading MiR/Nabe but both of them, MiR in particular, make it frustratingly difficult to pin down a third scummate. I don't want to get stuck on Rajam if he's not gonna be the play either Day but I'm not happy with keeping him around that long.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
hmmmmm what made you pick Nabe over Rajam?
Cuz I'm not afraid of Rajam steering the game in the wrong direction by hijacking thread control.

I also have to concede that perhaps Rajam is possibly busy/lazy, and also really terrible at playing lazy in a safe way by so blatantly doublevoting Kev.

He's simply a slightly lower priority by being a slightly less scummy read. If we were to do 2 lynches, I would be in favor of taking Rajam out as well.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
While I'm hoping and praying that he has more to say tonight, Unvote, Vote: Nabe

L-2. If you pile on before we get a chance to discuss who's being lynched toMorrow, you will be the one who goes. I'm not seeing enough people discuss this. WATT, you've been probably the most vocal person over the course of the Day and I don't even recall you making any suggestions. Am I forgetting something?

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
@Clown: I do want to lynch WATT after Nabe regardless of flip, however I don't think Nabe is flipping town. An indy flip wouldn't change this.

@Watt: I stopped reading your Kary case after you suggested he's scummy for posting ///////////. Like.... I don't even. If you're not pulling out all the stops to make Kary seem scummier than he actually is, I feel bad for you man.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
you seem very into this case on me... it's really not sensible of you. i've got this creeping feeling that you're just terrible at reads.

and since you asked, i am voting you for tempo.

:urg: :c

i'm also willing to swing to a Nabe lynch; I did say I would give WATT the benefit of the doubt, anyways. I need to think some more about this game, but ehh, busy.
That may or may not be true lol, I guess we'll find out in post... (getting BW gave me a confidence boost, may have been premature.) I kind of hoped you'd have a little more to say about it all, but at this point I don't think it matters too much, most people who have commented on my thoughts seem to have come to the conclusion my case doesn't have much merit so I'll probably drop it for now.

I'll be straight up and say I have no idea what voting me for tempo means.

(you like that metaphor? I borrowed it from Ben Yahtzee :p. It's really grody but I think it gets the point across I hated how you came into this game colorfully lol)

Dietz, I appreciate your input but the fact that you think Rajam can't scumhunt worth **** and his play in this game is even more useless than usual does not convince me that we should keep him around for even a little bit longer. I understand that it's meta-based but the meta is extremely fallible regarding use of it to actually determine Raj's alignment.

No, no, no.

Never ****ing mind what you personally are. I'm not gonna hinge my ability to use the Hero power on the possibility that there's a Doc in this game.
I agree with you there: being worse than your normal bad is not a reason to let him stay longer. I just thought you deserved to know about his backstory so you don't mistake the level of bad he's currently playing. **** had to be said.

I highly recommend not relying on a Doc tonight.

Cuz I'm not afraid of Rajam steering the game in the wrong direction by hijacking thread control.

I also have to concede that perhaps Rajam is possibly busy/lazy, and also really terrible at playing lazy in a safe way by so blatantly doublevoting Kev.

He's simply a slightly lower priority by being a slightly less scummy read. If we were to do 2 lynches, I would be in favor of taking Rajam out as well.
I don't think a single person in the game is afraid of Rajam hijacking thread control at this point...

Stop trying to make out that I want to lynch you based on Nabe's play.
That's great and all, but so far the only other clear reason you've brought up to want us gone is the possibility we bussed BadWolf: and we're certainly not swallowing that pill without disagreeing. We don't blame you for bringing it up but at a certain point you really should just drop it and use Occam's Razor again: otherwise you're just crucifying a slot that did a good thing for the potential it could have been bad without seeing other ill intent to make you think that the possibility is a probability. Forgive us for thinking you must have something else in mind considering how hard you pushed otherwise.

While I'm hoping and praying that he has more to say tonight, Unvote, Vote: Nabe

L-2. If you pile on before we get a chance to discuss who's being lynched toMorrow, you will be the one who goes. I'm not seeing enough people discuss this. WATT, you've been probably the most vocal person over the course of the Day and I don't even recall you making any suggestions. Am I forgetting something?
No we haven't given any since our "Nabe/Kary/Gangsta" suggestion back when the day started, we've been largely trying to iron reads. I haven't spoken to my other head yet today but I feel fairly confident he'd share my opinions on this based on our previous conversations for our idea of what should happen:

At this point it's starting to become a foregone conclusion Nabe is leaving us all toDay, so I hope it doesn't sound presumptuous I leave him out of the running for the 2nd kill.

The way I see it our choices are boiling down to:

WATT
Gangsta
Kary
Rajam
KevinM

This is pretty much pure process of elimination to anyone who would help us in any way at all by dying after Nabe, everyone else in my mind doesn't help us or plain should not be killed atm because obv. town. So if we go down that list we look at any possible reasons we'd want to keep them over the others:

I don't intend to die and don't feel like we've done anything worth dying for.

Gangsta's outburst seemed fairly legit.

Unless someone comes in and disagrees after reading my case Kary should probably wait until D3.

I don't see why not Rajam.

KevinM is inactive and it hurts, but at least he's not double-voting for KevinM.

...Well that seemed tidy. I'd kill Rajam at this point. We're really doing this because it'd be unthinkable to waste a double-kill for town for any reason when there's still people who we could use flips for left: If we're not getting direct connections from Nabe flipping we oust who's least useful. I could be argued into the other slots on that list of 5 (minus ours without a fight), but probably no where else.

@Watt: I stopped reading your Kary case after you suggested he's scummy for posting ///////////. Like.... I don't even. If you're not pulling out all the stops to make Kary seem scummier than he actually is, I feel bad for you man.
I hope you don't mean that literally: because that'd be reaaaally negligent of you to do on a meta/emotion case that needs to be digested as a whole to make sense why it's even a case to begin with. It's not very helpful to make a case for people to evaluate and give their opinion on if they just plain don't read it. (and I hope you at least got past the part where I make a joke about opening up talking about the slashes and get to when Kary actually did things that ground my gears...)

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Considering I've done next to nothing toDay, that's actually flatly untrue. :bee:

It's really confusing that you've set out to antagonize me for some reason (about as confusing as Rake's vote not being on me despite expressing suspicion towards me) but not particularly bothersome.

I'd like to wake up to being L-1. Let's avoid L-0 though? Toodles.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
That's great and all, but so far the only other clear reason you've brought up to want us gone is the possibility we bussed BadWolf:
*sigh*

Yes, the only reason I want to lynch your slot is because I think you bussed badwolf. Your powers of deduction amaze me.

Considering I've done next to nothing toDay, that's actually flatly untrue. :bee:
Continuing to do absolutely nothing would of resulted in a better chance of WATT being lynched and you know this :b:

It's really confusing that you've set out to antagonize me for some reason.[/QUOTE]

When your play is that disgusting, I just can't help it.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Yep. Considering BW actually claimed scum, I'd expect his buddies to just flat out bus him. I reread with his alignment in mind when I replaced in, and he was just too obvious and bad to ignore.

Look at how hard WATT is clamoring for town points based on BW's scum flip. I've kind of given up explaining that I didn't agree, and they STILL insist that they're a clear and that numerous dead/replaced townies would agree with them.

I see nothing that suggests WATT/Nabe couldn't both be partners (or one of them with Vinyl, but I have no real clue on him) if it's a 3 man team we're looking for. Even toDay, there's been a couple interactions between WATT/Nabe of obvious dislike, however WATT currently has him as his 3rd pick.

And like I said, scum like to find their buddies scummy while voting someone else.
Because right now the above statements added with the fact you didn't see how I could have formed the opinion Kary was Indy and Indy may be important to lynch is all I see on a re-skim, which I believe based on current events I addressed.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Mod note: Deadline in 46 hours.

1. Rake - [0] -
2. Soup - [0] -
3. Kary - [2] - KevinM, Rajam,
4. KevinM - [0]
5. Wots All This Then? (Orboknown/JDietz hydra) - [3] Gangstalicious, Kary, Nabe,
6. PrivateJoker-Brown - [0] -
7. Rajam - [0] -
8. Vanderzant - [0]
9. Nabe - [4] - PrivateJoker-Brown, Wots All This Then?, Vanderzant, Clownbot,
10. Gangstalicious (Inferno3044/J) - [1] - Rake,
11. Clownbot - [0]

Not Voting [1] Soup,

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch. Deadline is at December 30th 11:59 CST.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Ruy I'm replacing out man I really didn't want to but with more hours being picked up and now this concussion I really don't have time to look at mafia. GL Town have a good game.

Still think scum team looks something like

Nabe/Kary/Rajam

but I'm not really all that sure.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
soup, can you detail me what was your BSP read at the beginning of the game?
Yeah WATT if we can get other people behind it I'd do a Rajam lynch with you. Apparently Kevin thinks he was scum too, news to me. It's too bad he has to replace out.

Next person that gets in here without their vote on Nabe should switch to him. Right now there's like a .01% chance that he's not the lynch toDay and unless there's some way for him to verify his claim that's not gonna change.

#HBC | Nabe

Considering the time remaining this'll have to do.

I'm Samurai Jack, Toonami Vigilante. I can only shoot players who hammered on a mislynch the previous Day phase, or any players who were still voting me at the end of a previous Day phase. That's why I've been trying to accumulate votes on me toDay, and I have two of three of my scumpicks on me :bee:

I would also lynch PJB
Last night, I tried to shoot PJB, and was told my action failed. To clarify, I made sure prior to shooting that Ryu knew PJB was the hammer on Vinyl, and he agreed -- you'll recall that John had marked the final votecount with IR as the last vote, which was inaccurate.

Here are the possibilities as to why my kill failed:

a) Vinyl is not actually dead i.e. he is abducted rather than janned

b) Vinyl is dead, and was mafia (This is a strong possibility, and several people have noted that I'm surer on Vinyl toDay than I was yesterDay; this is why)

c) Vinyl is dead, was town, and PJB is bulletproof (This depends entirely on setup balance w.r.t. BSL's claim)

This is why I've been espousing toDay that Vinyl was an abduction, that Vinyl is likely mafia, and that Rake nee BSL is scum. I have made these three opinions of mine very clear. The third point is simply in addition to my scumread on BSL yesterDay, and thus if Rake were really Immune it makes me dislike PJB further.

The third point has an extra touch to it. My role is clearly identical to Wolverine, town vigilante from Super Heroes Mafia, a game that Ryu played in 'til endgame. Aside from the character, it is word for word the same role with the same stipulations.

BSL/Rake has claimed "Toonami Immune", which they describe as a role that can't be targeted at Night. That is identical to another role from Super Heroes Mafia -- Superman, Town Hero. Adding to this, Joey claimed a role called Toonami Hero that has some kind of voting ability.

For Raketown and Clowntown to co-exist, Ryu would've had to copy two or more roles from Super Heroes Mafia (mine and Rake's) and rename one of the copied roles (Rake's) to another name for no discernable reason, other than having a role named Hero that could have just as easily been named something sensible like Doublelyncher. Of the two, Rake is scum FMPOV.

Here's what I want to happen toDay:

a) Rake should vote for me and keep his vote on until the end of the Day, OR hammer the lynch of the Day (preferably WATT in this case), and be shot if they flip town.
For this option, the former is preferable because I want to shoot Rake, hard.

b) The same but with WATT and a Rake lynch

c) PJB is fine too, with a Rake lynch

This would have been much easier if Rake had put a vote on me, but WATT and PJB are both voting for me, which is lovely. So,

Vote: Rake

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
The problem with following through on your little plan is that it requires us to believe your claim and accept your setup speculation based on that. In order for me to accept that, you'll have to fill in a little blank for me. Who was the role in superheroes who abducted lynches?

#HBC | Nabe

There was no abductor in Super Heroes Mafia. This isn't Super Heroes Mafia. This is a game run by Red Ryu, who was in Super Heroes Mafia from start to finish, whose approach to the game I have a very firm knowledge of. I was neighboured with him in Super Heroes, and I have been playing with Ryu since he started at mafia.

My role is from Super Heroes Mafia, and is part of why I dislike Rake as I explained. It's not why I dislike Rake in full, and I'll thank you not to downplay what I'm saying by focusing on a single point.

The only thing that you need to do is the following: if I do not kill a player toNight, lynch me toMorrow.

If you choose to believe that I'm the role I say I am, a role that fits my play thus far to a T, then the other arguments I put forth in my post follow logically from the action I took last Night in shooting Vinyl's hammer (you).

Are you bulletproof? :)

Top Bottom