• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toonami Mafia - Game Over - Daytime Programing wins!

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, my dog had to poop!

Soup, his WATT vote is just pure WIFOM.

But I'm like 99% confident his self vote must of come out of reaction to the WATT wagon. I don't see why he'd react that way to pressure on himself if his scum buddies life was not at stake. He could literally just sit and do nothing. And a Nabe lynch at this stage wasn't even clear cut.

His scum buddy MUST be at stake. He's trying to use WIFOM to possibly help his team in some way. Maybe WATTs ability is more useful? Or maybe they feel that a night kill on me could allow WATT to somehow wiggle out of the pressure on him? I'm really speculating here, but like Time Travellers it HAS to be more than just Nabe giving up.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Even if WATT isn't scum, why wouldn't Nabe and his buddy just wait it out and pray that WATT is lynched over Nabe?

If WATT isn't scum, there is NOTHING Nabe gains from this gambit that he couldn't have by continuing to not be a presence. This HAS to be more than a desperate gambit to stop his own lynch.

We lynch Nabe, and then hero lynch WATT. No deviation. We can wait it out to get more from Kevin/Rajam but at this stage I couldn't be any more convinced this is the correct direction.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
That didn't feel like giving up, more like trying to set an example. Nabe only has idle support and I'm the one trying to still determine how to go through with it anyways. His stubbornness is offsetting and I agree that there has to be a reason for it. I'm not going into such WIFOM as you've stated, but this constant neglect to answer me has got me to the point where I won't give him any more chances. There should be an explanation for such a simple vote, and there such be an explanation for so much more. I want to hear the guy talk, and he ****ing knows that he doesn't have to commit. I just don't understand what he's doing, and I don't think such a reason as you've stated is the answer.

Getting something out of him is all I really want at this point, and grilling him has ceased to be ineffective. It's almost like I was just mocked, he voted himself knowing that I've been on his case this whole time. I don't understand.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Multi-quotes didn't clear :<

Editors note: Hypnosis is the new hypothesis, always double check your walls.

in case it wasn't 100% clear i would like to lynch outside of BSP/BW toDay.

I'm waiting to hear from RadFic as to who they want.

the deadline is still close so people should be prepared to snap/switch, mmkay? i would rather get a flip toDay than not.
It's this sort of thing that gives me the bad mojo vibes that Kary doesn't actually want thread to progress... I don't see why anyone at this point in the game wouldn't be okay with one of them going if only for the sake of thread progress and D2 reads. I'd understand wanting one over the other, or even wanting a different lynch if you could get a solid case around it, but so far I don't feel like that's been true of Kary's play at all. At this point he's sitting on his WATT vote but not taking it places. He bashes PJB saying he "can die", but nothing happens with it. It's like he's just waiting.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
I don't see how it can be anything else other than giving up.

There's no reason to think he's trying to mindgame you specifically Soup. I doubt he's read most of what you've said. I doubt we're going to get anything out of him.

This is a desperate Hail Mary play based on something other than the pressure on himself.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord

But I'm like 99% confident his self vote must of come out of reaction to the WATT wagon. I don't see why he'd react that way to pressure on himself if his scum buddies life was not at stake. He could literally just sit and do nothing. And a Nabe lynch at this stage wasn't even clear cut.

His scum buddy MUST be at stake. He's trying to use WIFOM to possibly help his team in some way. Maybe WATTs ability is more useful? Or maybe they feel that a night kill on me could allow WATT to somehow wiggle out of the pressure on him? I'm really speculating here, but like Time Travellers it HAS to be more than just Nabe giving up.
Even if WATT isn't scum, why wouldn't Nabe and his buddy just wait it out and pray that WATT is lynched over Nabe?

If WATT isn't scum, there is NOTHING Nabe gains from this gambit that he couldn't have by continuing to not be a presence. This HAS to be more than a desperate gambit to stop his own lynch.

We lynch Nabe, and then hero lynch WATT. No deviation. We can wait it out to get more from Kevin/Rajam but at this stage I couldn't be any more convinced this is the correct direction.

Dude back that panic train up lol. You're so deep into WIFOM right now it's scary.

If Nabe really is scum you're giving him the best outcome he could hope for right now by playing mind games with yourself about it, even if that wasn't his original intent voting himself. I'm taking it is belligerence and anti-town, but sometimes people just do things, especially if they're tired of the current situation.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
...Why give up? His theory was that Vinyl. was scum and abducted, and if he was speaking from a scum perspective, then getting himself lynched would not be an option right now. Putting WATT under the bus either doesn't really make sense. His mindgames do have a reason, and it pisses me off that he will get away with it. It's like trying to lynch Ryker all over again.

Deadline is in two days..? Right...

I'll read deeper into things tommorrow, I'm kind of tired as it is.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Seems like it goes without saying this is currently appropriate.

Vote: Nabe

@Mod: request votecount

@Vand: how do you feel about the fact Kary has 3 votes wrt to Nabe self voting since you're taking into consideration that I have some votes. (I'm trying to talk you down from the crazy ledge)

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Update on Kary read:

No overt Vinyl connections, got excited when I saw him discussing BW/Vinyl in twilight.

This caught my eye though (Wifom I know, but things people should be aware of to understand my distrust of the Kary slot):

IR I am steeling myself to feel your fury tomorrow and warning you that i'll probably ignore you completely. just letting you know

:D
I'm not furious but I have legitimate points against you so ignoring me will not help you a lot.

@Nabe Ninja: We're all ears.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste

I really wish
you could smell what I'm smellin'
You bite the fry, the fry bites back, my man
Dayum, dayum, daaaayum

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
...Why give up?
Exactly. Considering he could just do NOTHING and maybe WATT would be lynched over him, why wouldn't he just sit it out? There HAS to be a motive for doing it.

You can't possibly think he's town at this stage?

His theory was that Vinyl. was scum and abducted, and if he was speaking from a scum perspective, then getting himself lynched would not be an option right now.
He could easily say Vinyl was scum if he was town. If Vinyl was town, he still at least has one scum buddy in the game.

Putting WATT under the bus either doesn't really make sense.
Why not? WATT was at L-2 and thus close to getting lynched toDay. He was going to be lynched eventually regardless of what Nabe did, yet Nabe decided to take action

Do you get what I'm saying? We literally had a "Nabe or WATT" scenario and Nabe's self voting, effectively swinging ALL the momentum onto himself. WHY would he possibly do this if WATT is town? It's not self preservation on Nabe's part.

Don't justify just throwing my slot away because Nabe did something you didn't expect, that's not rational.
I'm not changing my stance on who I want to lynch based on a desperate WIFOM gambit by scum.

No offense, but if Nabe's plan was to get you lynched, he really didn't need to pull this gambit at all...

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
@Vand: how do you feel about the fact Kary has 3 votes wrt to Nabe self voting since you're taking into consideration that I have some votes. (I'm trying to talk you down from the crazy ledge)
I feel that despite the votes, Kary was at no real threat of being lynched toDay. His wagon was literally you, KevinM and Rajam and happened about a week ago in real time.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
I feel that despite the votes, Kary was at no real threat of being lynched toDay. His wagon was literally you, KevinM and Rajam and happened about a week ago in real time.
Mmk, and your read on him? I recall him being one of your picks on your intro post, is that still true?

Why not? WATT was at L-2 and thus close to getting lynched toDay. He was going to be lynched eventually regardless of what Nabe did, yet Nabe decided to take action

Do you get what I'm saying? We literally had a "Nabe or WATT" scenario and Nabe's self voting, effectively swinging ALL the momentum onto himself. WHY would he possibly do this if WATT is town? It's not self preservation on Nabe's part.

I'm not changing my stance on who I want to lynch based on a desperate WIFOM gambit by scum.

No offense, but if Nabe's plan was to get you lynched, he really didn't need to pull this gambit at all...
Bro that's hurtful lol, I think some peeps still like us, at least non-scum non-Vand ones. Also I was at L-2? (when was this?)

Kidding, right? The one thing I've made abundantly clear is that I'm not posting content tonight, don't you think?
I don't even

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Just to clarify, if anyone thinks I want to lynch WATT because of Nabe's play this last page, they seriously need to get their eyes checked (or catch up with the rest of the thread, possibly in the case of Soup).

Likewise, if anyone thinks we shouldn't lynch WATT based on Nabe's play, they seriously need to get their brain checked.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Mmk, and your read on him? I recall him being one of your picks on your intro post, is that still true?
I have him as Town lean right now. In my intro he wasn't a lynch pick (I had him pinned in the same category as Kevin).

Admittedly I haven't read your case yet so, this is pending.

Also I was at L-2? (when was this?)
Me, Gangsta, Nabe, Kary

I guess Rajam in spirit?

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
I have him as Town lean right now. In my intro he wasn't a lynch pick (I had him pinned in the same category as Kevin).

Admittedly I haven't read your case yet so, this is pending.

Me, Gangsta, Nabe, Kary

I guess Rajam in spirit?
Seriously? Go read it. I'm dying for input on it.

... Yeah come back to me when three of those people aren't hella suspicious and when the fifth one is actually on my wagon ok? Rofl.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
inb4Nabeclaimshewastryingtoreactiontestmebecausehecan'tpossiblyofalreadyhadareadonmyslotwithouta****tygambit

Watt, take a chill pill. You posted that case like 10 minutes ago, I'll get to it.

And are you honestly suggesting you weren't a potential lynch candidate for toDay? That's laughable.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
See: how I've been pushing for your lynch all day.

Also see: how Nabe's WIFOM gambit doesn't clear you as town.
Nabe's gambit would never clear me as town, I don't know why you bothered to write that.

You pushing my lynch doesn't explain your statement of:

"Likewise, if anyone thinks we shouldn't lynch WATT based on Nabe's play, they seriously need to get their brain checked."

Because you kind of just said you didn't want to lynch me based on Nabe's play... and now you're saying you need your brain checked because of that if I'm reading this right.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
inb4Nabeclaimshewastryingtoreactiontestmebecausehecan'tpossiblyofalreadyhadareadonmyslotwithouta****tygambit

Watt, take a chill pill. You posted that case like 10 minutes ago, I'll get to it.

And are you honestly suggesting you weren't a potential lynch candidate for toDay? That's laughable.
I really truly honestly doubt it. There's really just you + the scumspects and I've been talking to you about it this whole time. You'd have to actually get other people to agree with you who aren't willing for just anyone to go first, and you never got there.

I think you might need to take a break yourself dude...

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
You're not reading what I said correctly.

"If anyone claims we shouldn't lynch WATT
because of Nabe's play in the last 30 minutes
they're whack as ****"

I really truly honestly doubt it. There's really just you + the scumspects and I've been talking to you about it this whole time. You'd have to actually get other people to agree with you who aren't willing for just anyone to go first, and you never got there.
Well if Rajam voted you, you'd be at L-1 (6 to lynch). I'm confident someone out of Rake/Pjb/Clownbot/Soup would oblige. I couldn't guarantee it, but I don't see how it isn't a possibility.

And yeah I'm taking a break nooowwwwww.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Ah alright. Yeah the way you worded that was a bit wonky: I get your real meaning now, you meant more like "No one let him go because of Nabe's gambit for whatever reason you might think that" but it read more like "If you don't think WATT should die based on Nabe's gambit you're crazy". Which was confusing since you just clarified that you didn't want me dead solely because of whatever Nabe is doing.

Also yes, please take a break. I think I may as well.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Let's try this again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jLGa4X5H2c

That was fun. Now,
sloooooooooooooow dooooooooooooooooooooooooown. Drink some green tea. Take in the sunset behind the silhouetted kangaroos. Read some poetry. Breathe. In. Out. In.

Sometimes it's soothing to be reminded to breathe, isn't it?

You idly regard the cool night. You feel at once calm and alert. A leaf blows in a faint evening breeze, stuck to its tree by a tenuous stem. Will it fall? All of your focus is on the split between the leaf and the stem. Will it fall? If it fell, would it be because you willed it to? Ouch.

You didn't see the funnel web spider until it was too late.

It's okay. It's okay. It's okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.
Let the numbness embrace you and carry you off to sleep.

We'll talk tomorrow.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Skimming CelebRehab didn't really do anything to develop my read on Rajam. If WATT still wants to wait until Raj has posted more to go into detail on him then w/e.

Nabe self-vote is a nulltell, I have my doubts that there's even any intent behind it. Still would lynch, also wish he would stop posting tonight if he's not going to deliver content. It's kind of a *********.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Rereading WATT's big post on Kary but upon first looking at it I didn't see anything damning.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
So here's why i think I'm not wrong in saying Nabe's been jumpy:

First off, clearly he wants BW:
'kay. I was considering a switch to BSP. But I don't want a player to replace into that slot, because if they do and we change lynch toDay, we'll be talking about them all game judging by what's gone on in the last page.

Put votes on BadWolf.
Three people on the WATT wagon + 5 already on BadWolf makes 8. Make it happen.
Deadline is in like 8 hours. You're telling me to read the game for the first time, but playing specific attention to a single player, looking for the lack of them doing something rather than something they did do.

I'm not going to do that. I have the numbers, and I can assume that they (and MiR) had reasons to vote BW. I've found another reason to vote BW, which I just gave you.
We're Toonami and BW posted "Adult Swim". Sounds like flavour scum. So let's assume he's modkilled and continue.

Vote: BSP

Assume he's modkilled ?

When would role posting not be a mod kill ?

So he moves onto my slot , but:

In early game, BSP was only posting in reaction to other posts. (I can see from 1011 that that's still the case, I assume he's been doing it all game.) BSP is looking for mentions of BSP, not pursuing scum.
Clear he wants me , amirite ? But then:

I don't think I've made out me thinking at all, lol. Like I said, not read up.

Who's the alternative, Soup?
Already looking for another lynch ?

Seems legit.

TBPH I'll hammer anything to get a lynch. Find enough votes and I will hit it. I want BSL.

I can't find those Vinyl quotes but I'll go to the posts themselves in a bit, on mobile.
O hey look at that, he'll go for any lynch, so clearly his push on my slot is legit
/sarcasm

Wants me -> Will hammer anything

1 + 1 = 3 ?

I would also lynch PJB
Well slap me thrice and call me betty, he's looking for a different lynch.

Ipso facto ergo: I'm not wrong is saying Nabe has been jumpy

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Rake, when did you take the notes that you made that post out of? When you were initially rereading? Recently?

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Let's try this again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jLGa4X5H2c

That was fun. Now,
sloooooooooooooow dooooooooooooooooooooooooown. Drink some green tea. Take in the sunset behind the silhouetted kangaroos. Read some poetry. Breathe. In. Out. In.

Sometimes it's soothing to be reminded to breathe, isn't it?

You idly regard the cool night. You feel at once calm and alert. A leaf blows in a faint evening breeze, stuck to its tree by a tenuous stem. Will it fall? All of your focus is on the split between the leaf and the stem. Will it fall? If it fell, would it be because you willed it to? Ouch.

You didn't see the funnel web spider until it was too late.

It's okay. It's okay. It's okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.
Let the numbness embrace you and carry you off to sleep.

We'll talk tomorrow.
I see you Nabe. I see you trying to turn this around on me and make me look crazy.

While Watt simultaneously attacks my points while voting you.

It's all very telling ;)

:phone:

Top Bottom