• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Moveset Discussions! Finished, add your thoughts if necessary.

vbdood1337

Smash Apprentice
At high percentages (100%+) in the air you can fastfall a downwards bomb throw and immediately follow with a uair. Sometimes I like to ledge hop these to mix it up, but only if my opponent isn't expecting it.

BKrkr

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5303-3831-5621
Vs a fur...erhem..space animal, drop slightly below the edge (a good 2 spaces to the left/right,) then leave the uair out. This is especially lethal against Falco, who loves to sweet spot the edge with his phantasm.

Rawrness

Smash Journeyman
Vs a fur...erhem..space animal, drop slightly below the edge (a good 2 spaces to the left/right,) then leave the uair out. This is especially lethal against Falco, who loves to sweet spot the edge with his phantasm.
Interesting...never thought of that.
'Cept if they hit you they can spike you.

stnapknah

Smash Journeyman
i'd like to add 1 thing about the u-tilt. It comes out faster than the upsmash. A lot of times, i try to up smash out of my shield and they block it but when i u-tilt out of my shield they die. Always keep that in mind if you can't seem to land that up-smash.

umm, no one's mentioned that up-air is one of the most unexpected moves off the ledge. That's all.

BKrkr

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5303-3831-5621
Interesting...never thought of that.
'Cept if they hit you they can spike you.
You want to have the sword in between them and the stage (for Falco and Fox,) if they hit you with the phantasm, they'll die anyway, as you should be below the ledge. ;)

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Has anyone mentioned it stops King DDD's Recovery?

I don't know if it's the Initial Point that it has to hit or just any point for it to work though.

BKrkr

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5303-3831-5621
Has anyone mentioned it stops King DDD's Recovery?

I don't know if it's the Initial Point that it has to hit or just any point for it to work though.
I'd rather play it say with a bomb or a boomerang against a recovering DDD to be honest. I can't imagine being that low off the stage, under a DDD, to be able to effectively use the uair, unless you mean to use it AFTER he got over the stage's threshold, and then hit him.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I'd rather play it say with a bomb or a boomerang against a recovering DDD to be honest. I can't imagine being that low off the stage, under a DDD, to be able to effectively use the uair, unless you mean to use it AFTER he got over the stage's threshold, and then hit him.
I mean when he's either trying to use it offensively or way above the stage to the point where he's screwed.

Bombs don't cause knockback on a recovering DDD, but Uair will cancel the recovery and cause knockback which made me question if it only causes knockback on the shine or anytime it's out.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
dash attack and throws are the only ones that need discussing,

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I say throws need a discussion. I dont really know how to use them well. I usually just throw people off the ledge if I can, or down if were in the middle. But not much follow up =/

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Also can be used for edge gaurding. Knocks the opponent down which can lead to and edge hog for another follow up.

stnapknah

Smash Journeyman
I rarely use this move, and it's usually on accident, but it works wonders. lol.. kind of weird. Usually, when i use this move i'm playing online so what happens is i knock someone away and then i try to approach them with an aerial... but since it's wi-fi, my jump doesn't go through and i end up doing a dash attack. This works really well because my opponent has just taken a projectile beating and at this point is really just trying to get back up and regain control. However, the dash attack is good at applying quick pressure and it usually trips them. The point is, it's good for applying pressure (in lag) lol

Ginger_Warrior

Smash Apprentice
If you can time projectiles to hit one after the other (i.e., not at the same time) and you've used a bomb, I guess you can launch a surprise dash attack and you might just catch the opponent off guard. It might trip them, and you might be able to get a grab from it which obviously leads to Z combos. Did you see the number of "mights" there?

Erm, can also be used as a follow through from Zair.

Apart from that, easily punished on approach, and takes an eternity to recover if you miss.

Not really useful.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Its only use is very rare and it is edge guarding it works wonders against recovering falcos since it makes them use the falco fire which is just dair'able since it takes so long for him to charge ur dair is totally safe.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
its a throw
*doesnt know what else to say*

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
KB = Knockback. I'm writing that since it took me like 15 seconds to figure out.

Forward Throw -> Forward Throw -> Forward Throw -> Forward Throw combos work well on opponents with broken controllers, or none at all.

Seriously though, this is the first time I've checked this thread in a while, since it's one move I don't know much about and I thought you guys would have more to share.

D:

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I like forward through, and can be done twice in a follow up against slow chars with people who don't know what they're doing (at low %'s of course..)

I don't use it that much still. I prefer back throw or down throw overall.

edit: Perfect -> Prefer.

Ginger_Warrior

Smash Apprentice
Really doesn't do much. I guess if it's at the edge of a screen (which wouldn't be allowed in tourneys anyway) you could use it to throw a char offscreen, but apart from that, Dthrow and Bthrow are far more effective in setting up combos and kills.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Forward throw I love to use it near the edge with falcos. Throw them so they do falco illusion only to find theyir illusion stopped by an arrow and then when they start charging their falco fire i dair. Simple, effective and its worked against even tourney falco players in my area only one stock though. They quickly learn to respect toon link. Toon Link ftw.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Forward Throw -> Forward Throw -> Forward Throw -> Forward Throw combos work well on opponents with broken controllers, or none at all.
I laughed so hard.

Top Bottom