• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Inquiry Thread (Ask a question, get an answer)

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Rookie, Up-B is fine to use for when you're opponents close to the ledge.
If they DI out, they go offstage and can't punish.
This also means its good for when the opponents grabbing the ledge and trying to get back onstage.

So yeah, don't avoid it completely because its not that bad of a move. =)

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
Rookie, Up-B is fine to use for when you're opponents close to the ledge.
If they DI out, they go offstage and can't punish.
This also means its good for when the opponents grabbing the ledge and trying to get back onstage.

So yeah, don't avoid it completely because its not that bad of a move. =)
got it, and i got alot of free time this week so i'll be on your boards for a while to learn watch vids and such, im willing to be taught by all of you so yea. im listening and learning from all you great TL's... thanks

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
^ oh now its even? XD how did it go mikeHAZE? Oh and great job at the tourney yesterday. One of the best marths ive seen :).

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Did you guys get any stuff recorded?

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
This is too cool! Rookie picking up Toon! Maybe you can find something like JJC for Toon link!
I already tried JJC for Toon, there's no way it's working. But yeah, big fan of it.

Everis755

Smash Cadet
OK Rookie :).

Moves to momentum cancel with? Bair. It was recently found that bairing then Double jump + Dairing removes more momentum at the cost of ur double jump. Use it ONLY when u KNOW u will die since having ur second jump is crucial to not getting gimped.
just to try and get the most out of Rookie's post, i was wondering if anyone knows of any videos of this on youtubes or anything like that? really interested in what this is supposed to look like, but i can't find anything

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
There's a link to the video in my thread. I think it's called Toon link glitch. It demonstrates the Dair stall. It's the same thing only they are using a Bair before the Jump Dair because it helps with the timing. Hope I helped.

Everis755

Smash Cadet
There's a link to the video in my thread. I think it's called Toon link glitch. It demonstrates the Dair stall. It's the same thing only they are using a Bair before the Jump Dair because it helps with the timing. Hope I helped.
ahh i was just reading the post wrong then. for some reason i was thinking the Bair was being used at the end instead of the Dair stall. my bad. the reason behind starting the momentum stopper w/ a Bair is because it is the fastest aerial move that TL has? i've been using my Uair to stop my momentum whenever i get launched.

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, b-air is fastest so it works best for stopping momentum. I actually still use u-air when hit vertically bc it seems faster to me, but I'm pretty sure b-air might be better.

And if you're gonna try and do the bair-> double jump -> dair, you definitely have to use bair i think. uair lasts too long so by then the dair will just be the normal dair->SD combo I've recently become a fan of

Edit: Just a general question. What do you guys do at the end of a chain grab? I usually end up trying to instantly tether the ledge, but I generally either get hit by a followup or just chased offstage

Is there any way for us to hit falco/D3 first? Like a general way to prevent their followups?

Everis755

Smash Cadet
Yeah, b-air is fastest so it works best for stopping momentum. I actually still use u-air when hit vertically bc it seems faster to me, but I'm pretty sure b-air might be better.

And if you're gonna try and do the bair-> double jump -> dair, you definitely have to use bair i think. uair lasts too long so by then the dair will just be the normal dair->SD combo I've recently become a fan of

Edit: Just a general question. What do you guys do at the end of a chain grab? I usually end up trying to instantly tether the ledge, but I generally either get hit by a followup or just chased offstage

Is there any way for us to hit falco/D3 first? Like a general way to prevent their followups?
after about 40ish%, TLs floatyness makes getting out of falcos chaingrabs easy. i usually just spam Zair when i'm getting chaingrabbed by falco, and sure enough around 40something, Zair will hit falco before he grabs us. once D3 gets us off the edge, usually the last hit he will do off the corner is his forward throw, and most of the time he will try and follow it with a Bair while we are trying to come back to the ledge. the main thing to concentrate on here is that TL is one of the most versatile characters when it comes to ledge recovery. you have boomerangs, bombs, arrows, and tether recovery in your arsenal. mixing up your recovery technique makes it harder for D3 to punish you off the edge. i almost always chuck a boomerang, so it will either hit them and they will worry about gettin back to the edge, or they will air dodge it and ruin their chances at damaging us furthur off the edge. hope some of this made sense haha.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I'll button mash until I can DJ out of it and right away pull out a bomb, and then screw with their heads and try to prevent another approach
For DDD DI down out of his throws so you knock yourself into the ground and hope he can't tech chase well, or do what I said before

mixing up your recovery technique makes it harder for D3 to punish you off the edge. i almost always chuck a boomerang, so it will either hit them and they will worry about gettin back to the edge, or they will air dodge it and ruin their chances at damaging us furthur off the edge. hope some of this made sense haha.
DDD is a FF use that to you're advantage when he goes off the stage

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Generally avoid being near Falco and just spam until you have like, 40-50% and then move in with aerials so he can't chain grab you.

Against DDD, just spam.
Just
spam

and have a bomb out.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Can Toon Link escape Falco's CG if he DI's up and away with Up B even if you buffer?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
No, he can't.
But he can escape if he has a bomb out or a boomerang out somewhere.

Top Bottom