• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tom Nook for SSBB: Far from Deconfirmed.

xzakcorex

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff came from an idea where the entire POINT of pokemon is to have creatures that FIGHT. Even though she is a pink marshmellow with very little actual cool powers, she is still in the fighting genre. And game and watch is a STICKMAN. Are you going to tell me its hard to come up with a moveset for a character who is not bound to any actual 3 dimensional attributes? Making up moves for Game and Watch must have taken a long time only because he can do ANYTHING THE USE WANTS.

Tom Nook, on the other hand, is a character already set in stone as a salesman of a game where there is not one bit of a fightign sense present.

He is a horrible choice, and you, sir, are an idiot.
Your logic fails with Capt. Falcon. He is a character already set in stone as a race car drive in a game where there is also no fighting. The truth of the matter is, Sakurai can pretty much do what ever he wants- if he is interested in Tom Nook being in Brawl, nothing you say matters.

...oh, flaming people isn't cool... especially when you are such an "established" member here. </saracasm>

bbb

Smash Champion
Tom Nook is without a doubt the worst suggestion to go into SSBB. Yes, he represents a Nintendo owned franchise that is very popular and on the rise, but c'mon, there is NOT ONE character from Animal Crossing that fits the bill to be in ANY fighting game.
Jigglypuff came from an idea where the entire POINT of pokemon is to have creatures that FIGHT. Even though she is a pink marshmellow with very little actual cool powers, she is still in the fighting genre. And game and watch is a STICKMAN. Are you going to tell me its hard to come up with a moveset for a character who is not bound to any actual 3 dimensional attributes? Making up moves for Game and Watch must have taken a long time only because he can do ANYTHING THE USE WANTS.

Tom Nook, on the other hand, is a character already set in stone as a salesman of a game where there is not one bit of a fightign sense present.

He is a horrible choice, and you, sir, are an idiot.

^^

Wow, seriously, I would have never guessed Tom Nook's being a salesman would be seen as "not Brawl worthy" because no on has ever brought it up, and I have never EVER argued well enough against it to get people seeing things my way.

There is so much you could pull from the Animal Crossing series to be used as a move set that it isn't even funny. He's got tools, items and various inherited Tanooki style moves that could be utilized that there is no reason to let him into the games.

And also I think you all are letting your games get blended together. If you've ever navigated the menu screen of SSB you may notice it is a lifeless, enigmatic place with the only signs of life being an empty room with some trophies. Odds are there won't be any sort of salesman or 'man behind a desk' in Brawl, why would there be, and if there was it would probably be some Smash Bro.s exclusive character.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Anyway, getting back to the the topic at hand... Honestly, the moveset that's been posted is pretty bad. I've been working on some moves for Nookie, but it's still a work in progress.

B: Bell Bag - Tom Nook pulls out a bag of bells and throws it forward. Upon impact, either with a player or the stage, the bag will open and bells will fly out and hit players. Getting hit by the bag does 5-10% damage with slight knockback, bells do 2-3%, no knockback.

B smash: Swarm - Nook will pull out a bottle of bugs and set them loose. The bugs will travel forward in a straight line and swarm around the first player they hit. Damage varies depending on how long the player remains in the swarm. The swarm will dissappear when the player escapes.

B + ^: Tanuki Leaf - This moves draws on the fact that Nook is not actually a racoon, but a Tanuki, a racoon-dog of Japanese lore. Nook will pull out a leaf (like the kind you see when you get furniture in AC) and hold it above his head. He'll disappear in a puff of smoke, and reappear a split second later higher up. Players caught in the smoke puffs when this move is used take 3-5% damage.

B + V: Ball Throw - Nook will pull out a ball. Using the move again causes him to throw it. If it hits a player, it will knock them back a good distance, as well as bounce off of them pretty far. After it bounces, it can hit other players and keep bouncing, but once the ball hits the ground it dissappears. Inital hit does 6-8% damage, with damage doubling with every bounce.

Super Smash: Nook's Cranny - Nook will pull out a leaf (again, like the ones that turn into furniture) and throw it into the air. The leaf dissappear in a puff of smoke and transform into Tom Nook's store, which crashes onto the stage, crushing the other players.

bbb

Smash Champion
I think the ^B should be: he pulls out a furniture leaf and throws it under him and then it bursts into furniture, shooting Tom Nook upward.

Maybe the VB is like he turns into a statue or something, or like pulls out a leaf and when thrown it turns into random furniture.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I think the ^B should be: he pulls out a furniture leaf and throws it under him and then it bursts into furniture, shooting Tom Nook upward.
Interesting, but nah. That'd probably take too long. I think that just a little 'poof' would suffice.

Oh, you added something. That BV might work, but I'm still thinking about it. I'll come back to it when I decide what I'm going to do with that move.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I like it a lot more detailed then mine.
I was thinking maybe his Down B could be a pitfall except it would wrap around the player constricting them instead of umm burying them...

bbb

Smash Champion
Also with his regular B maybe he could randomly throw a Bee Hive, for massive damage.

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
He Will Never Make It....................!
He Cusses>
The Maker Said He Would Like To Keap It Below T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

xianfeng

Smash Hero
He Cusses>
The Maker Said He Would Like To Keap It Below T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
well melee was only G8+ and everyone you suggested so far (charmeleon and Squirtle) has no chance in hell so you can't comment on "who has a chance"

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
He Cusses>
You do realise that picture is just a joke, right? Because you'd have to be really, really, REALLY dim to think that Nintendo actually made character like that. Hell, that's even a bit risque for Conker.

dunc310

Smash Rookie
i think the animal crossing villagers should have cameo appearances like the pokemon. it just wouldnt work. u can say pichu is a 'joke' character, but there are still people who play as him. no character in ssbm was intended as a joke character. then they wouldve just made sandbag playable or someting. which would be cool...

Scorchgid

Smash Cadet
if ythey put tom nook in SSB then ill be ***** wat he going to do throw money bags at you i mean k.k. slider would better any way at least he has a wepon but then i wold break animal crsooing cariters are not for fighing there for robbing there stuff and possible being friends with

Reece the philosopher

Smash Rookie
I love the idea of Tom Nook for SSBB!!

I don't care what anyone says this would be absoulutley brilliant he would make a brilliant comic charcter and i would love to play as someone from a game that has no violence in it at all because its just so ironic its funny

Tom Nook all the way!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :)

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
I think Tom Nook in Brawl is such a brilliant idea, joke character or not he would be awesome to play as!! Tom Nook FTW!

P.S. an Animal Crossing stage would be awesome too

Pikaluk

Smash Cadet
Personally I dont think Tom Nook will be in it. He just doesnt have the Charisma to be a fighting Character. Sure, Mr. G&W didnt seem to be a fighter either, but seriously, Tom Nook? Look at him lol. jk. His moves would be junk because he wouldnt be able to do anything, the guy owns a fricken store and he makes all his money off ONE kid. Cmon, Scam artist much? :p jk. But yes, Tom Nook =/= SSBB.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Personally I dont think Tom Nook will be in it. He just doesnt have the Charisma to be a fighting Character. Sure, Mr. G&W didnt seem to be a fighter either, but seriously, Tom Nook? Look at him lol. jk. His moves would be junk because he wouldnt be able to do anything, the guy owns a fricken store and he makes all his money off ONE kid. Cmon, Scam artist much? :p jk. But yes, Tom Nook =/= SSBB.
I see that you are new to here, so I'll let you in on a secret, the argument you made here is pure crap

Tom Nook can easily be a fighter, don't be silly, Nintendo doesn't care if the chacretr dopesn't "seem" like they can't fight. Nintendo always delivers:lick:

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
If they get rid of G&W I would cry first and then realize that they have added another WTF character which happens to be Tom Nook. I would then stop crying like a woman and proceed in pwning more ppl with an "uncool" fighter.

He Cusses>
Incomprehendable proof that your are indeed a moron.

But I'm not really up for him being in brawl.I know people are gonna say.

He is unique,how can you hate him

He can fight,look at everyone else in smash

or

he is popular,and animal crossing needs rep.etc.

The fact of the matter is...i just don't like him.;)

Scorchgid

Smash Cadet
he talk in a sqeaky voice alway money grabbing so he wont trow it more like try and take there and just try to put a lagre mall in the way to p**** evebody off
(i don't like the gazebo)but maby you could put him as an item or something like that throw stuff at you something like that

bbb

Smash Champion
he talk in a sqeaky voice alway money grabbing so he wont trow it more like try and take there and just try to put a lagre mall in the way to p**** evebody off
(i don't like the gazebo)but maby you could put him as an item or something like that throw stuff at you something like that

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace

Top Bottom