• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tom Nook for SSBB: Far from Deconfirmed.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
the thing you seem to be forgetting is we want Tom Nook in because we like him and he's a deserving character. I personally couldnt care less if he's "good" or not.

And everyone on this board should know by now there's no such thing as a bad character. All it takes is someone with skill to play him/her and anyone can be godlike.

Tom Nook could be the very bottom tier and I would still be happy to play as him.

And I guarantee you will some some amazing combo videos of absolute pwnage courtesy of plan 9 if old mr. nook gets in.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Everyone is forgetting the real killer app. here, PONG Wii FTW

Err, dante, pichu really IS a bad character.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace

No, I actually agreed with him b/c of pichu. I mean while he may not be the best, I enjoy using him.

Edit: Congrats Dante u changed my mind Tom Nook ftw. (partly b/c I would love 2 see ppl's faces after I beat on them with some1 from AC)

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_We_0mPaJnQ

wow... if i'm not mistaken that's pichu.. bottom tier pichu.... completely pwning top tier fox...

lol. told you man. all it takes is skill.

Edit: Hooray that's +1 win for me
Except one problem: THAT'S JUST A CP HE'S FIGHTING - and they're dumber than a box of rocks... even Lvl. 9's... Sure skill makes all the difference, but unlike loveable underdogs like JPuff, Pichu just seems really... lacking...

EDIT: ****! Hoodie beat me to it... >.<

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Except one problem: THAT'S JUST A CP HE'S FIGHTING - and they're dumber than a box of rocks... even Lvl. 9's... Sure skill makes all the difference, but unlike loveable underdogs like JPuff, Pichu just seems really... lacking...

EDIT: ****! Hoodie beat me to it... >.<
JPuff an underdog? Do you mean she's not a very good character?

bbb

Smash Champion

He was that way intentionally, in his trophy it said 'he would be good for handicap matches', and hes not even THAT bad, no one in SSB is THAT unbalanced, in any way.

Nook makes it in and I WILL make a combo vid for all y'all!!

No, I actually agreed with him b/c of pichu. I mean while he may not be the best, I enjoy using him.

Edit: Congrats Dante u changed my mind Tom Nook ftw. (partly b/c I would love 2 see ppl's faces after I beat on them with some1 from AC)
Shoulda been me!!

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Dude, you guys..... that's not the point I was making. Kaid, plan 9 and dante how often do you use pichu?

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
What so noone wants to comment on the nook pic that I slaved over for like.. friggin, 5 and a half minutes?! Bunch of ingrates on this forum. MAN!

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
JPuff an underdog? Do you mean she's not a very good character?
Well I seem to be the only one to pick her whenever I play SSB64 or SSBM with friends, so I guess it was more in terms o popularity... but MAN is it fun to beat people with her - it's definently a blow to one's ego... :laugh:

As far as the tiers are concerned, I think they're next to meaningless as my brother has proven to be a MONSTER with both Bowser and Mewtwo - supposedly two of the worst characters in the game. It really comes down to what style the player utilizes and the "Top Tier" character simply satisfy the more mainstream player styles.

bbb

Smash Champion
Dude, you guys..... that's not the point I was making. Kaid, plan 9 and dante how often do you use pichu?
More often than Kirby and Pikachu comined, mainly whenever I feel like chaingrabbing Fox.

I would have +repped you for the pic, but I need to spread some rep before I can again.:(

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
More often than Kirby and Pikachu comined, mainly whenever I feel like chaingrabbing Fox.

I would have +repped you for the pic, but I need to spread some rep before I can again.:(
Pfft, it's all good dude. I never use Pichu, ever unless I wanna crush someones ego, and in that case, like deathborne, I normally Jiggly rest dominate them, so I hardly ever use the little rat. Just an opinion I suppose, either way he's not coming back LOL.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
I use pichu all the time in chaos lol. Skull bash so fun.

But yea, as for one on one matches. I use pichu more than yoshi, kirby, DK, pikachu, and bowser....

I use him any time I wanna mess around and have fun...

Zombiecola receiving +rep is 5,4,3,2,now

bbb

Smash Champion
Dante you are officially my peon, be happy, for it is truly an honor. I use Pichu more than Marth, Falco, Sheik and Dr. Mario combined aswell.

Hoodie

Smash Journeyman
So I just imagined having to fight Tom Nook. It'd be scary having him chase you around the screen lol.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
This whole nook thing is really growing on me, I was reading over the movelists you guys made, and I actually see where you are coming from, count me in as having officially been drafted into the "Nook for Brawl Army".

bbb

Smash Champion
This whole nook thing is really growing on me, I was reading over the movelists you guys made, and I actually see where you are coming from, count me in as having officially been drafted into the "Nook for Brawl Army".
We all know who's responsible for this draftee. *coughI'mAwesomecough*

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
We all know who's responsible for this draftee. *coughI'mAwesomecough*
Hahaha, it was a mix of all 4 of you guys. I know this is off topic, so I wanna run it by you gus real quick, but you think a Gyro could make it into Brawl as an item?

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Still not for him being in, but I must commend you in your arguments. Maybe my general distaste for Nook in SSBB derives from Nsider Forums, as he and Tingle seem to be the ONLY characters anyone talks about over there...

bbb

Smash Champion
Still not for him being in, but I must commend you in your arguments. Maybe my general distaste for Nook in SSBB derives from Nsider Forums, as he and Tingle seem to be the ONLY characters anyone talks about over there...
Now I know I'm responsible for dulling your raging Nook hate, for you see it is not Nook you have a distaste for, 'tis nublettes.

Hahaha, it was a mix of all 4 of you guys. I know this is off topic, so I wanna run it by you gus real quick, but you think a Gyro could make it into Brawl as an item?
Don't doubt they could, see them as being a self wiggling Wobbofet.

ULTIMATE BATTLE: CACTUAR VS GYROID!!!!!

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Now I know I'm responsible for dulling your raging Nook hate, for you see it is not Nook you have a distaste for, 'tis nublettes.

Don't doubt they could, see them as being a self wiggling Wobbofet.

ULTIMATE BATTLE: CACTUAR VS GYROID!!!!!
Well I have never really WANTED him in in the first place, but it was based on certain principles rather than simple dislike of the character - and I do NOT hate Nook, but again not thrilled with him being in SSBB either. But I will admit you did help quell the rage that the nublettes hath wrought. :) I can't even keep a Mike Jones thread afloat even with the lure of jokes regarding the rapper of the same name... :cry:

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Because there definatley isn't a million Sonic and Shadow topics, right?

Maverick69

Smash Ace
*Plan 9* I think we're winning.

And screw you i'm no peon lol.

zombiecola is the on bowing at your feet XD (no offense zombie. you know you rock lol.)

Top Bottom