• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TokyoGameAction/TeamH8 present smash/TGA ranking battles Winchendon MA 5-31-08

xHayatox

Smash Lord
hi **** thomas :) i donno if i can manage to transition over to vigilante =^) its kinda hard when your the legendary **** thomas :D

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I'm still gonna try my best to go, I just need to come up with $20, are there time specifications? like how long is this place open for? I know the SSBB Tourney is at 4pm apparently, but whats the earliest I can get there and the latest I am allowed to stay? So it won't cost me more than 20$ to get into the tournament right?

I know I am being a pain in the ***. but $20 is a lot of money to me!!!

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
well if you come early you can play any casuals at the arcade's just play some of the figthing games to pass the time. BTW im bringing a TV but i dont have a wii or brawl so i can't bring that, somebody has to breing the setup for my TV

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
hi **** thomas :) i donno if i can manage to transition over to vigilante =^) its kinda hard when your the legendary **** thomas :D
Vigiliante? I thought it was Vigilante.
It is Vigiliante! and yes I spelled it wrong on purpose lol. I am actually going to get a tattoo of **** tom with my native flag on it. It will never die son

I'm still gonna try my best to go, I just need to come up with $20, are there time specifications? like how long is this place open for? I know the SSBB Tourney is at 4pm apparently, but whats the earliest I can get there and the latest I am allowed to stay? So it won't cost me more than 20$ to get into the tournament right?

I know I am being a pain in the ***. but $20 is a lot of money to me!!!
Don't wry everybody feels the same way but the tourney fee is seperate from the venue fee that's why it's either going to be $5 or $2 depending on what people want. Post your decsions now if you like.

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
personnally i would preffer the entry fee to be $2 since brawl doest feel like its developed enougth in order to spend more moeny on it. Meaby in the future when the metagame is more consistent then we can start having bigger entry fees.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
personnally i would preffer the entry fee to be $2 since brawl doest feel like its developed enougth in order to spend more moeny on it. Meaby in the future when the metagame is more consistent then we can start having bigger entry fees.
Ima have to say $2 as well, less money spent = a happier me
Anybody else please post a decsion on this before next wed. or the majority wins.

2 for $2 fee

0 for $5 fee

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
Update on entry fee's

$2-2 people

$5-1 person

I am just going to say I want $5 but I am not going to count mine because I am running this tourney. I just think it wouldn't be fair.

Gonzales, How many people are coming with you? Could you please ask them to vote on an entry fee if there going to enter smash?

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
unfortunatly altougth i have a big crew, most of them dont play smash. So there goin to be playing figthing games. The few crew members that actually play smash are gonna be working that day.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
All right the score is (drumroll)

$2-4 people

$5-3 people

If there's anybody that can bring a laptop with a tourney maker that would be great.

Also voting ends wednesday so cast your votes

Thx in advance

Isaac125

Smash Rookie
man so many tourneys but i either have to work or im busy....this sucks.
hopefully you can plan one more than two weeks in advance in july?
anyways, hope you all have a good time.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
Update

If there are any spectators going with you it is mandatory that they also pay the venue fee.

I am just following the owners rules so don't bash me. Again I am going to try and work something out for next time.

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
Lol...well for me it's a 2 hour drive to go to this venue and a 4 hour drive to go to the other venue.

Gas and expenditure of time driving would make me favor the former rather then the latter. I think I'll be coming to this Tom!

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
What is the absolute earliest that I am allowed to get to this place?
You should be there at noon that's when it opens.

Just a reminder I will be doing a side tourney using EVO rules. Here they are

Rules are as follows:

1v1 3 Stock

Double Elimination

5 Minute Time Limit

Best of 3

Losers Finals / Finals Best of 5

Items ON medium spawn.

Allowed Items: Banana Peel, Unira, Spring, Mr. Saturn, Green Shell, Smoke Ball, Freezie, Super Scope, Sandbag, Food, Screw Attack, Warp Star, Metal Box, Bunny Hood, Beam Sword, Baseball Bat, Lip's Stick, Star Rod, Hothead, Smash Ball, Ray Gun, Pitfall, Cracker Launcher, Motion-Sensor Bomb, Hammer, Golden Hammer, Bumper, Franklin Badge.

First Stage Smashville / then Counter pick choice for loser.

Banned Stages: New Pork City, Hyrule Temple, Warioware, Spear Pillar, Flat Zone 2, Original Mario Brothers, Mushroomy Kingdom.

Winner keeps their character but can transform if that option is available.

Loser can change character or level, but not both. If loser decides to change character, match is played on Smashville.

No sudden death, the person with the highest percent and least stocks loses the match when time runs out.

There will be a vote on entry fee if anybody wants one. I am suggesting $2 enrty fee if people would like.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
If the first tournament is $2 than I vote $2 for the second one as well. If $5 for the first one then I vote no entry fee!

^_^

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
It's 5-6 right now godathand I need to know what your friends want as an entry fee.

Again

$2-5

$5-7
I vote $5 entry. cause technically, more people have a chance to win, so its not so"I have no shot at winning anything, so why even try"

...even though i most likely have no shot...id still vote $5

Top Bottom