• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tokyo Game Show 9/20-23/07!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
So what do you guys think we can expect from the TGS this year. It's going to be held from September 20th to through the 23rd this year, only 2 months away. Considering that it's only 11 weeks away from the expected launch date, I believe we are pretty much guaranteed some Brawl news. At least a new trailer I believe. What do you guys think about this. What do you think we can possibly find out. Maybe even some new characters might be revealed. Who knows?...discuss...peace

-hiroshi

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Meh, the release date was all I ever wanted of E3, and now that we've got it, I could care less about Game Conventions. Who's with me?

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I don't care about the release date. I just want news. I knew it was gonna come out this year. I just want new ****ing characters.

raptorbaby10

Smash Journeyman
I would expect a trailer, if anything. But that's it. Everything else will be shown on the blog.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Yeh trailers are always awesome. I want to see some ACTUAL game play footage. It doesn't have to show the character screen, it doesn't have to show the stage selection screen, the trailer can start right when the announcer says "3 2 1 Fight" or whatever he says, and it'll be all good.
I just want gameplay footage so people can stop arguing about whether or not the camera zooms on the FS.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
I would also like to hear more about online play for brawl. Here's hoping.

soaz

Smash Ace
I have really low hopes for brawl everybody said like you do now that we were almost guaranteed a trailer but all we got was 15 sec.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
*Squeels with anticipation*

Trailers are nice, but if nothing else.... Just some full gameplay footage showing off fully how FSs work and stuff.

beta_prime

Smash Journeyman
I think we can expect a trailer from Leipzig, which is in late august I believe. And then some info about online at TGS.

WhiteZER0

Smash Apprentice
Seeing as how Japanese can't understand English (at least most of them, unless they've taken English classes), I doubt they would know what is happening at E3. They'll probably just show all of the same stuff (or most) at the TGS. That's my thought, anyway.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I'd be expecting a trailer that would reveal Sonic so the fans would know that Sonic is definitly in the game and a playable demo.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Im not expecting anything, if anything is going to be revealed its going to be on the offical site. But if there is a new trailer, or other Brawl news such as online play announed at TGS I wont be complaining =).

the grim lizard

Smash Master
People are so cynical around here...

Oh, also, you're wrong colbusman...Nintendo gave one of it's most important keynotes at the TGS. There they first talked about expanding the market, and it was the debut of the Wiimote.

shyo2

Smash Rookie
Seeing as how often Nintendo has attended TGS in the past few years, I doubt there will be any useful information regarding SSBB. Maybe some information about SM Galaxy or Metroid, or anything about Wii Fit, but I wouldn't expect to much from Nintendo.

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
there will definitely be a new trailer to keep you updated. however, he wont reveal everything. there needs to be some secret (characters and stages most likely).

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
What happened to Nintendo World?

At least that what I think it was called. I am pretty sure last year they showed us the second trailer there. Can someone clarify?
Nintendo World 2006 was a series of events held throughout Japan in order to promote both the WII and DS. I think it was a one-time promotion thing, but last year it was announced rather late, so even though I wouldn't count on a similair event this year, it is still possible.

O and I wouldn't expect too much from TGS either, the exhibitors list (last updated 11th July) has Sony, Microsoft, Sega, Square Enix, Konami etc etc on the list already, truely about the same amount of developers as last year I believe, but, Nintendo is not on there, so it's not even sure if they will go to TGS at all.

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
considering, that Nintendo showed up at TGS, what, 1 time, maybe 2 ever... probably nothing.

which means the exact date we will get a new trailer is...... when Nintendo feels like it.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I hope to see most if not all the characters in action. And at least 1 newcomer! (Or i'd also like to see how exactly Snake is going to fight)

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
If they do show a trailer, they should show Sonic's Final Smash which would be turning into Super Sonic. I just want to see how it would look like.

Sariku

Smash Master
Don't Give Up Hope! Sakurai would never do ANYTHING to let us down! He never messed up any Smash Games, all the updates have been awesome... EXCEPT FOR!!

HOW TO RECOVER!

That was dumb.

Revven

FrankerZ
I believe that we won't get anything at TGS but Nintendo will show us something in one month or a month and a half from now. That's what Matt C. said anyway (though his words should be taken with a grain of salt now...consdering he's goofed up a lot...)

Anyway, yeah probably nothing at TGS.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
People are so cynical around here...

Oh, also, you're wrong colbusman...Nintendo gave one of it's most important keynotes at the TGS. There they first talked about expanding the market, and it was the debut of the Wiimote.
i know that, but that was ONE time. they've stated they never go to TGS and would rather have there own event, but considering they didn't show the wiimote at E3, they had to make it up for the fans, and i guess TGS was the right place and time.

if any brawl news comes out for any event, expect the Leipzig Convention, E for All, or Nintendo holding their own event, NOT the Tokyo Game Show

Kirye

Smash Ace
Because obviously we need another trailer 2 and a half months before the game comes out, even with the website being updated every single day.

If they say anything on Brawl, it'll probably just be about the online gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom