• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tokyo Game Show 9/20-23/07!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
Obviously we will get something from TGS. We were told when they said it would not be shown at E3, that SSBB was going to be featured at TGS.

I am expecting gameplay footage and online details.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Obviously we will get something from TGS. We were told when they said it would not be shown at E3, that SSBB was going to be featured at TGS.

I am expecting gameplay footage and online details.

That was never mentioned. What was mentioned was that after E3 was done, Nintendo would check to see what time/day they can do something Brawl-related. It was never definite that it would be at TGS.

Doc13

Smash Cadet
Besides the release date, I was really intrested in the characters and stages. Which are updated daily on the brawl site... My only wish is that @ TGS we learn about the actual gameplay, in most of the trailers after every attack there is a bit of lag... Will Brawl be as fluid as melee was or will we have to adjust to the lag much like how we did to Twighlight Princess.. And another thing is if there is gonna be online play, is that how the gameplay would be with the lag? b/c most if not all online games experience a bit of lag everynow and then, how would it affect the gameplay?

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
I'll be going. I'm expecting there to be a demo of Brawl out by then. It's in 2 months, almost 3, and 2 months after it it'll be released. They should have a demoable version of the game by then.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
That was never mentioned. What was mentioned was that after E3 was done, Nintendo would check to see what time/day they can do something Brawl-related. It was never definite that it would be at TGS.
Wrong. The week before E3 IGN and Gamespot had interviews with someone(I don't remember who) who mentioned SSBB would not be shown at E3 but will be shown at TGS.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
I've heard that too. Do you have a source, for clarity.
I would have to look for it. I get my news usually from Kotaku which is where I probably got it. Plus it was all over wiichat.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/it-was-rage,-pure-rage/super-smash-bros-brawl-not-playable-at-e3-274549.php

That isn't the article I am talking about, but it is another one about how Nintendo said they weren't going to show SSBB at e3 because they felt it would take attention away from the other games they wanted to show off.

D

Deleted member

Euro release date at Leipzig?

Japanese release date at Tokyo?

Makes sense, I suppose.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
I just started a new thread related to this, before I noticed this one existed already, but I've noticed that there's only about 8 more characters that you could expect to return from Melee, so by the time TGS comes around, the character updates on www.smashbros.com will become sparse unless they announce some more.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Hmmmm, that doesn't look like an interview.
Yeah, I know. But I think this statement alone is worth it:

"After we get back from E3, we'll look at the calendar and figure out the right time to do something very specific for Smash Bros. Brawl," added Llewelyn, who noted that there is no plan to release a new E3 2007 Brawl gameplay trailer, either.

To clarify my words, I'm not saying that Brawl will definitely not show up at TGS. I personally wish for it. Just saying that there has been no citation of anyone saying that the game will definitely be at TGS yet. All that's been mentioned of the game's appearance somewhere else is this "Brawl-specific" event was mentioned by one of the Nintendo execs (which could be found at IGN).

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
I'm sorry to double-post, but I had to bump this topic to bring some news: Nintendo will NOT appear at this year's TGS.

Source: http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6622&Itemid=2

It was expected, seeing how Nintendo rarely ever appears at TGS (despite appearing there when they gave one of their biggest keynotes). The next big convention that we could hopefully see Brawl at is possibly E For All in October.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i don't know about tgs, i was positive they would show an e3 trailer and all we got was december 3rd. so im not getting my hopes up for tgs

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
This is why I was hesitent at having a topic so far in advance for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom