• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TOASTYYYYYYYYY! Scorpion for Smash!

TableCloth

Smash Cadet
If you guys could choose any MK character to be an AT which one would you choose?

Personally I'd go with Goro. Iconic to MK I think he would fit really well as an AT. Hell maybe even put in Kintaro there too (with the same moves as Goro obv).

If MK were to ever get a boss character in Smash. no one disagrees that it has to be against Shao Kahn in his courtyard. Hearing him taunt "you suck!" in the middle of the fight would be awesome.

UserKev

Smash Champion
If you guys could choose any MK character to be an AT which one would you choose?

Personally I'd go with Goro. Iconic to MK I think he would fit really well as an AT. Hell maybe even put in Kintaro there too (with the same moves as Goro obv).

If MK were to ever get a boss character in Smash. no one disagrees that it has to be against Shao Kahn in his courtyard. Hearing him taunt "you suck!" in the middle of the fight would be awesome.
Raiden is the most perfect MK assist trophy. He's the default. Goro is clever but they'd have to make him seem none brutal.

TableCloth

Smash Cadet
Raiden is the most perfect MK assist trophy. He's the default. Goro is clever but they'd have to make him seem none brutal.
Yeah Raiden would also be a great choice, but only if they have that amazing sound effect every time he does the torpedo.

D

Deleted member

I edit my comment because you're right, Wolf would probably be better to represent Kano.

Yeah Raiden would also be a great choice, but only if they have that amazing sound effect every time he does the torpedo.
I was thinking more like Raiden along with Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung as a stage hazard (similar to Yellow Devil from "Wily's Castle") for one Mortal Kombat themed stage I had in mind where it functions similar to Fire Emblem's "Castle Siege" where it transitions to "Shang Tsung's Courtyard" to "The Pits" and "Kahn's Arena".

Last edited by a moderator:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I was thinking more like Raiden along with Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung as a stage hazard (similar to Yellow Devil from "Wily's Castle") for one Mortal Kombat themed stage I had in mind where it functions similar to Fire Emblem's "Castle Siege" where it transitions to "Shang Tsung's Courtyard" to "The Pits" and "Kahn's Arena".
First off, avoid double posting. It's generally not something that's allowed.

Second, if Scorpion gets in, the stage should be the Netherrealm, imo.

D

Deleted member

First off, avoid double posting. It's generally not something that's allowed.

Second, if Scorpion gets in, the stage should be the Netherrealm, imo.
If I did something that is against a policy, then I'm very sorry. Also yeah, I completely forgot about this until now but I can also imagine Quan Chi being a stage boss for the "Netherrealm" segment

Last edited by a moderator:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord

I think Raiden would work best as an AT. He can teleport around and shoot electricity at the fighters for his normal behavior and occasionally do his Superman move which would grab the character it connects with and drag them across the stage until they collide with something.

I really hope stage bosses are a thing of the past. Yellow Devil completely ruined the Mega Man stage and made it pretty much unplayable. I'm all for Shao Khan or Goro being like Dracula/Rathalos and being contained in their own boss battle event instead.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Shao Kahn's glory in Smash is as a 2D observer with commentary from the background or 2D pop up stage hazard that spams his shadow charge.

He's ruined otherwise.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Shao Kahn's glory in Smash is as a 2D observer with commentary from the background or 2D pop up stage hazard that spams his shadow charge.

He's ruined otherwise.
Not even mentionning the "YOU SUCK!" taunt? :p

Also, he needs to steal Xander's job at the announcer when in the MK stage... and the result screen for specifically Scorpion :p

AlexOviedo

Smash Rookie

Shang Tsung, he would work like ditto but instead of copying the player who summoned him, he copies the character the opponet uses, I would also make him copy more than one character if used in a match with more than 2 players.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Kano's Spirit would totally be Wolf though.

Unless any of the dragon characters have a black alt?
Ridley does, and Charizard has a fairly darker/pale alt. Bowser does as well, though he isn't a traditional dragon design. He's more like a monstrous dragon humanoid, if you will. I'm not sure if he was loosely inspired by some Godzilla characters, maybe?

D

Deleted member

I really hope stage bosses are a thing of the past. Yellow Devil completely ruined the Mega Man stage and made it pretty much unplayable.
Not trying to sound like a know-it-all but just turn off stage hazards then.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not trying to sound like a know-it-all but just turn off stage hazards then.
That removes all the platforms, rendering the stage effectively worthless to fight on. There's no middle ground due to what counts as a hazard on it. And there's little point to Battlefield mode as well. It's not the same thing.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Ridley does, and Charizard has a fairly darker/pale alt. Bowser does as well, though he isn't a traditional dragon design. He's more like a monstrous dragon humanoid, if you will. I'm not sure if he was loosely inspired by some Godzilla characters, maybe?
Well then, Kano's Spirit could be Wolf, but with a black Ridley to represent the Black Dragon faction?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well then, Kano's Spirit could be Wolf, but with a black Ridley to represent the Black Dragon faction?
That sounds perfect. Meta Ridley could also work, being a cyborg and all.

I do wish we had Armored Mewtwo, as that could be a good way to represent a Cyber Ninja. Though that said, many of the robotic characters don't fit the design or abilities that well. Samus for Sektor is about it. We got no one close enough to Cyrax in abilities, and Smoke isn't horrid as a variation with R.O.B., I guess? That said, you could use Young Link or Toon Link for Human Smoke, since they have something close to a Spear with the Hookshot.

On another note, Donkey Kong does fit well enough as Goro. He doesn't have a projectile, but there's some moves that works. Like his Spinning Kong is similar to a lariat Goro can do. The immense strength to hold characters and walk at an amazing strength fits well. Though he is a bit too agile. Maybe Bowser due to his more Wrestling style is possible? Incineroar also fits very well, especially with the posing and all(on the other hand, the fiery cat can also work for Shao Kahn due to that alone. Ganondorf is another reasonable substitute for similar personalities, stories to a degree).

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
That sounds perfect. Meta Ridley could also work, being a cyborg and all.

I do wish we had Armored Mewtwo, as that could be a good way to represent a Cyber Ninja. Though that said, many of the robotic characters don't fit the design or abilities that well. Samus for Sektor is about it. We got no one close enough to Cyrax in abilities, and Smoke isn't horrid as a variation with R.O.B., I guess? That said, you could use Young Link or Toon Link for Human Smoke, since they have something close to a Spear with the Hookshot.

On another note, Donkey Kong does fit well enough as Goro. He doesn't have a projectile, but there's some moves that works. Like his Spinning Kong is similar to a lariat Goro can do. The immense strength to hold characters and walk at an amazing strength fits well. Though he is a bit too agile. Maybe Bowser due to his more Wrestling style is possible? Incineroar also fits very well, especially with the posing and all(on the other hand, the fiery cat can also work for Shao Kahn due to that alone. Ganondorf is another reasonable substitute for similar personalities, stories to a degree).
For Smoke, as long as there's fog and/or Smoke Balls, whatever else is done won't matter all that much.

Also, Samus works for Cyrax because Bomb

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
If they put Scorpion in Smash, we also need them to add music from MK1, MK2, and UMK3! Both originals and new remixes! I’d especially love to hear a Smash remix of the Courtyard theme from MK1.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For Smoke, as long as there's fog and/or Smoke Balls, whatever else is done won't matter all that much.

Also, Samus works for Cyrax because Bomb
Derp, forgot the bomb bit.

True on Smoke, but I'm trying to be more specific than just using a quick item. At the very least, it should be a similar moveset, even being equipped with a Smoke Bomb. Also depends which version to use, Human or Cyber Ninja. They're not the same playstyle after all.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
If they put Scorpion in Smash, we also need them to add music from MK1, MK2, and UMK3! Both originals and new remixes! I’d especially love to hear a Smash remix of the Courtyard theme from MK1.
Techno Syndrome would be neat too if they can manage to make it happen.

Derp, forgot the bomb bit.

True on Smoke, but I'm trying to be more specific than just using a quick item. At the very least, it should be a similar moveset, even being equipped with a Smoke Bomb. Also depends which version to use, Human or Cyber Ninja. They're not the same playstyle after all.
Cyber Ninja is the most iconic one, imo.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Cyber Ninja is the most iconic one, imo.
I merged your double post, to note. Please try to be more careful(or if you make an error, just let the moderation know. You can edit in a "please merge" or "accidental double post" and we'll fix it without issues, or just literally report it.

Anyway, Samus doesn't have a proper yellow/gold alt, but Dark Samus does. Cyrax was never a good person at any point, so Dark Samus might work better. Now to figure out the best character to represent Cyber Smoke's style...

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Anyway, Samus doesn't have a proper yellow/gold alt, but Dark Samus does. Cyrax was never a good person at any point, so Dark Samus might work better. Now to figure out the best character to represent Cyber Smoke's style...
I thought Cyrax was the more redeemable cyborg between him and Sektor.

He was even on the side of Light in Armageddon.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I thought Cyrax was the more redeemable cyborg between him and Sektor.

He was even on the side of Light in Armageddon.
I always felt Smoke was the only one truly redeemable. Cyrax could go either way at any point. Sektor was pure evil. I'm not counting Cyber Sub-Zero, as that's a different timeline(though one thing I like is the so-called reboot isn't a complete one. It's just the storyline got rewritten due to time shenanigans).

Though to be fair, I didn't beat Armageddon's story and forgot. My bad. Either way, Dark Samus does have the better costume choice. Even the more rough aesthetics(compared to Samus' more smooth ones), which fits the series better. Depends if you want to use how he's been a bad guy before or go with basic color Samus if you want to reference Armageddon(especially seeing as the Wii version is the canon one).

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I always felt Smoke was the only one truly redeemable. Cyrax could go either way at any point. Sektor was pure evil. I'm not counting Cyber Sub-Zero, as that's a different timeline(though one thing I like is the so-called reboot isn't a complete one. It's just the storyline got rewritten due to time shenanigans).

Though to be fair, I didn't beat Armageddon's story and forgot. My bad. Either way, Dark Samus does have the better costume choice. Even the more rough aesthetics(compared to Samus' more smooth ones), which fits the series better. Depends if you want to use how he's been a bad guy before or go with basic color Samus if you want to reference Armageddon(especially seeing as the Wii version is the canon one).
Pretty sure none of the versions of Armageddon are canon because...

Shao Kahn is the canon winner of Armageddon

But either way, I feel like Cyrax can be redeemable. His appearance in MK11 (launch trailer spoiled it, so I can say he's there :V) is a good example of this.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pretty sure none of the versions of Armageddon are canon because...

Shao Kahn is the canon winner of Armageddon

But either way, I feel like Cyrax can be redeemable. His appearance in MK11 (launch trailer spoiled it, so I can say he's there :V) is a good example of this.
The reason the Wii version is still the canon story is because Khameleon returns as a cameo in Mortal Kombat 9. She can't do that otherwise. The Nintendo versions have the full canon character set. The story in itself did get changed up, but the specific game is clearly the main one. Very ironic that 9 didn't come to Nintendo consoles in that regard.

Anyway, I didn't say Cyrax was irredeemable, but I always felt he could go either way. He's not like Sektor or Smoke, who have very clear alignments bar in the case of Smoke having no control over himself. Which is why even the cartoon restored his memory and all. I do wonder if they intend to introduce more Cyber NInjas. Maybe Frost could have a Cyber form?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The reason the Wii version is still the canon story is because Khameleon returns as a cameo in Mortal Kombat 9. She can't do that otherwise. The Nintendo versions have the full canon character set. The story in itself did get changed up, but the specific game is clearly the main one.
Which I guess makes sense.

Armageddon is Ultimate 12 years before Ultimate, after all, since "EVERYONE IS HERE!" :p

Anyway, I didn't say Cyrax was irredeemable, but I always felt he could go either way. He's not like Sektor or Smoke, who have very clear alignments bar in the case of Smoke having no control over himself. Which is why even the cartoon restored his memory and all. I do wonder if they intend to introduce more Cyber NInjas. Maybe Frost could have a Cyber form?
Well, the NetherRealm games sure seem to make him steer towards the redeemable side while Smoke is the one who could go either way.

Also about the Cyber Ninja thing...

Frost actually got a Cyber form lmao, and she's the most creative cyborg of the franchise

If you didn't click because you wanna go unspoiled, I'll just say that they did some Cyber stuff to get you hyped up :V

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Which I guess makes sense.

Armageddon is Ultimate 12 years before Ultimate, after all, since "EVERYONE IS HERE!" :p

Well, the NetherRealm games sure seem to make him steer towards the redeemable side while Smoke is the one who could go either way.

Also about the Cyber Ninja thing...

Frost actually got a Cyber form lmao, and she's the most creative cyborg of the franchise

If you didn't click because you wanna go unspoiled, I'll just say that they did some Cyber stuff to get you hyped up :V
Let's just say the spoiler doesn't surprise me. Mostly cause of what they did with Smoke.

That said, they could introduce more bosses/NPC's related to the cyber ninjas. There's multiple Lin Kuei members. There's some cartoon only characters who could be reused for that. Quan Chi transferred over, and they referenced Sonya's Kombat Time. In addition, though I'm not sure if this is exactly correct, but they reserved Cyrax and Sektor's ethnicities from the cartoon to the games once they got human forms. My guess is somebody didn't research it well enough, which is why the MK wikia removed it. Either way, they have lots of movies/etc. they can take details from. So why not use fun stuff?

The movie music(as well as music from the MK1 album) are also amazing and would be great to see. I doubt we'd ever see it though. We can't even get some of the orchestrated music from the Pokemon anime, despite some just being instrumental and doesn't have words(which worded music sometimes won't work due to not being translated in all languages, so many won't find it that interesting, or even worse, they're completely different songs. Digimon also suffers from this).

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Let's just say the spoiler doesn't surprise me. Mostly cause of what they did with Smoke.

That said, they could introduce more bosses/NPC's related to the cyber ninjas. There's multiple Lin Kuei members. There's some cartoon only characters who could be reused for that. Quan Chi transferred over, and they referenced Sonya's Kombat Time. In addition, though I'm not sure if this is exactly correct, but they reserved Cyrax and Sektor's ethnicities from the cartoon to the games once they got human forms. My guess is somebody didn't research it well enough, which is why the MK wikia removed it. Either way, they have lots of movies/etc. they can take details from. So why not use fun stuff?
Johnny's personality in the most recent games also draws a lot from the movie. So does his crush on Sonya (which turned into marriage, then divorce in MKX)

Heck, Kano being Australian is straight up taken from it too (he was Japanese/American before the movie and they changed that because of how good movie Kano was, iirc), so it shows that they're open to bringing non-game stuff into the actual canon.

So basically... Hydro when, Ed Boon? :^)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Johnny's personality in the most recent games also draws a lot from the movie. So does his crush on Sonya (which turned into marriage, then divorce in MKX)

Heck, Kano being Australian is straight up taken from it too (he was Japanese/American before the movie and they changed that because of how good movie Kano was, iirc), so it shows that they're open to bringing non-game stuff into the actual canon.

So basically... Hydro when, Ed Boon? :^)
Hydro would be a great way to do it. We barely have one Water user, unless I missed someone besides Rain.

On another note, I did make an OC for MK some time back, called Snow. For a Lin Kuei, the moveset was easy. Stuff like Snowing Ball as well as his Sled Armor. Also had a Cyber-Ninja form. Only issue is I couldn't think of anything better than copying over Smoke's backstory at the time.

I read about the Kano thing as well. That said, I like Mileena a lot in 9 because she was only character with sexy clothing who actually fully in-character. She's always been like that. It was logical. She's proud of who she is and all. Ones like Sonya had no business with that kind of clothing, as it's very out-of-character, as well as unprofessional. I haven't started my copy of 10 or 11 yet, to clarify. But I'm not worried about spoilers that much for this series. I love the lore just that much.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Hydro would be a great way to do it. We barely have one Water user, unless I missed someone besides Rain.

On another note, I did make an OC for MK some time back, called Snow. For a Lin Kuei, the moveset was easy. Stuff like Snowing Ball as well as his Sled Armor. Also had a Cyber-Ninja form. Only issue is I couldn't think of anything better than copying over Smoke's backstory at the time.
Honestly, I'd like to see Rain as well. Armageddon finally made him interesting, and then we just never see him again in the actual story.

Sure, we see him in MK9, but that's non-canon DLC, and he's barely had much of a role in MKX.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, I'd like to see Rain as well. Armageddon finally made him interesting, and then we just never see him again in the actual story.

Sure, we see him in MK9, but that's non-canon DLC, and he's barely had much of a role in MKX.
Indeed. I did edit in another part.

Anyway, a decent nickname for Rain is "Hydro Thunder".

I regret nothing. I also wouldn't mind seeing another member of Scorpion's clan brought back. We have a ton of other factions in general, yet that one is lacking. At best we have Scorpion A and Scorpion B due to only costumes. We even had two Sub-Zeroes who are brothers(with a more clear design difference, including their shades of blue).

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I read about the Kano thing as well. That said, I like Mileena a lot in 9 because she was only character with sexy clothing who actually fully in-character. She's always been like that. It was logical. She's proud of who she is and all. Ones like Sonya had no business with that kind of clothing, as it's very out-of-character, as well as unprofessional. I haven't started my copy of 10 or 11 yet, to clarify. But I'm not worried about spoilers that much for this series. I love the lore just that much.
Skarlet is also another character for whom the skimpiness made sense in MK9 (even if it was just an excuse to have someone skimpier than Mileena), since her lore in that game was that she could get more powerful by absorbing blood through her skin.

MK11 changed a few things in her backstory though, and while there's no outright reveal that what I just said has changed, the more modest clothing is a good implication that it did.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Skarlet is also another character for whom the skimpiness made sense in MK9 (even if it was just an excuse to have someone skimpier than Mileena), since her lore in that game was that she could get more powerful by absorbing blood through her skin.

MK11 changed a few things in her backstory though, and while there's no outright reveal that what I just said has changed, the more modest clothing is a good implication that it did.
Ahhh. The funny part is, in the original games, the girls that had skimpy clothing in some cases made sense. Jade didn't in her lore, but Katana was trying to get Liu Kang's attention. Sheeva lives in a volcano, for cripes' sake(likewise, Goro and Kintaro are dressed reasonably). There's some suggestion that Outworld itself is somewhat desert-like, hence lighter clothing. That might be why Shao Kahn doesn't wear a giant amount. Liu Kang was unnecessarily designed that way as a monk, same with Kung Lao. There's no decent reason for it. One can easily argue that they designed the places poorly to justify skimpy clothing, but it's not sexiness for the sake of it. Whether the writing is poor or not, it had thought put into it, which is what matters.

I can't re-find the concept art, but the Edenians before Shao Kahn's takeover were significantly more skimpy. He also made them put on more clothing, in a twist. That's literally the only healthy thing he did for that place. No clue if him being more about rules actually tightened security or anything, but it's pretty obvious he's a bad ruler regardless. Unless it's Outworld, where he's actually pretty reasonable for the place's culture. Depends if you want Law or Chaos. Onaga is Chaos and all, and some dislike that. I do like that the way the wrote the story made Shao Kahn way more interesting as a villain.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I regret nothing. I also wouldn't mind seeing another member of Scorpion's clan brought back. We have a ton of other factions in general, yet that one is lacking. At best we have Scorpion A and Scorpion B due to only costumes. We even had two Sub-Zeroes who are brothers(with a more clear design difference, including their shades of blue).
Honestly, I don't think we outright need another Shirai Ryu member. It's gonna start to be really repetitive to have assissinated peole be brought back.

Plus, Scorpion's whole schtick before MK11 was to avenge his clan. It makes sense in a story way that it would be the faction that's in danger of beimg extinct.

With that said, bringing back Takeda would be sweet. Heck, bring back his dad too. Kenshi's ****ing awesome.

Ahhh. The funny part is, in the original games, the girls that had skimpy clothing in some cases made sense. Jade didn't in her lore, but Katana was trying to get Liu Kang's attention. Sheeva lives in a volcano, for cripes' sake(likewise, Goro and Kintaro are dressed reasonably). There's some suggestion that Outworld itself is somewhat desert-like, hence lighter clothing. That might be why Shao Kahn doesn't wear a giant amount. Liu Kang was unnecessarily designed that way as a monk, same with Kung Lao. There's no decent reason for it. One can easily argue that they designed the places poorly to justify skimpy clothing, but it's not sexiness for the sake of it. Whether the writing is poor or not, it had thought put into it, which is what matters.
Jade was also part of Outworld because she's loyal to Kitana and follows her, so it's more or less to survive in the desert in her case as well.

Liu Kang is because his physical appearance and his high-pitched screams are an obvious Bruce Lee tribute. No in-universe reason though, iirc.

I can't re-find the concept art, but the Edenians before Shao Kahn's takeover were significantly more skimpy. He also made them put on more clothing, in a twist. That's literally the only healthy thing he did for that place. No clue if him being more about rules actually tightened security or anything, but it's pretty obvious he's a bad ruler regardless. Unless it's Outworld, where he's actually pretty reasonable for the place's culture. Depends if you want Law or Chaos.
Shao Kahn isn't being "reasonable" for the culture; he just doesn't give a crap as long as you're loyal to his tyrannical rule. That's why Outworld managed to get away with being cultural melting pot. If anything, it was just proof of how many civilizations he's taken over.

Same happens when Outworld is ruled by Kotal Kahn, but Kotal is a genuinely good guy who cares for his people. He doesn't even conquer things, instead trying to be an ally with the other realms, especially Earth.

Onaga is Chaos and all, and some dislike that.
Just a very quick correction here; Havik is Chaos, not Onaga.

Onaga wanted order across the realms by ruling over all of them with an iron fist, iirc.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, I don't think we outright need another Shirai Ryu member. It's gonna start to be really repetitive to have assissinated peole be brought back.

Plus, Scorpion's whole schtick before MK11 was to avenge his clan. It makes sense in a story way that it would be the faction that's in danger of beimg extinct.

With that said, bringing back Takeda would be sweet. Heck, bring back his dad too. Kenshi's ****ing awesome.
Well, in one ending Scorpion's clan was brought back as revenants. It wouldn't be hard to justify a bonus Shirai Ryu member at all for fun. We actually don't have a lot of very specific fire users to begin with, with most of those being "it kind of works". The Shokan(or was that Shotokan? Gah, I forget) exist, but they aren't focused on fire in the same way as Scorpion and Liu Kang would be. I don't remember if Kintaro actually uses Fire, but Sheeva and Goro do, as they're natural-born dragonbreds. We have quite a lot of Ice users right now too, and one Water user(though he uses a bit of lightning, much like are two variations of Raiden). I don't know what elements a lot of other characters very specifically use, though. Johnny Cage is shadow energy, at least. Shao Kahn seems like he uses the same element too. And obviously Sindel is a sound user. And I already read into 11, so I know what some other kind of abilities are(I don't know if you know the information on that, so I won't spoil it for you).

Jade was also part of Outworld because she's loyal to Kitana and follows her, so it's more or less to survive in the desert in her case as well.

Liu Kang is because his physical appearance and his high-pitched screams are an obvious Bruce Lee tribute. No in-universe reason though, iirc.
I forgot about that bit with Jade. Makes sense. Though I'd say Kitana and Mileena feel a bit more... thought out in comparison. Like more personal reasons, but Jade still counts for that. Anyway, yeah, Kang makes sense for OOC reasons. They could've easily figured it out by having his monk clan all dress similarly as part of their culture. And any women would just have bandage wrappings over their chests in return.

Shao Kahn isn't being "reasonable" for the culture; he just doesn't give a crap as long as you're loyal to his tyrannical rule. That's why Outworld managed to get away with being cultural melting pot. If anything, it was just proof of how many civilizations he's taken over.

Same happens when Outworld is ruled by Kotal Kahn, but Kotal is a genuinely good guy who cares for his people. He doesn't even conquer things, instead trying to be an ally with the other realms, especially Earth.
I already explained a bit later, but it's important to note that the inhabitants of Outworld were split between who was a better rule, Onaga or Shao Kahn. They preferred Chaos(Onaga) or Law(Shao Kahn). Depends who it is. They both sucked as rulers, unlike Kotal, anyway.

Just a very quick correction here; Havik is Chaos, not Onaga.

Onaga wanted order across the realms by ruling over all of them with an iron fist, iirc.
Actually, Onaga ruled Outworld via Chaos at first, which is when Shao Kahn took over and ruled with order. Both are evil as hell. Many people did prefer order, so that's why Shao Kahn fit the place and people did actually like him as a the ruler legitimately. That's what I mean when I said reasonable.

Onaga definitely changed since being brought back, but Havik actually preferred him as the old ruler of Outworld due to his chaotic nature.

Graizen

Smash Champion
WHAT IF

They changed the vitory on Smash Ultimate from
"The Winner is Mario" to "Mario Wins"

Becouse they want a Mortal Kombat character to use "Scorpion Wins - Fatatlity - Flawless Victory"

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
WHAT IF

Becouse they want a Mortal Kombat character to use "Scorpion Wins - Fatatlity - Flawless Victory"
It'd be fun if Scorpion is in the battle. Otherwise, staying with the regular is better.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The Shokan(or was that Shotokan? Gah, I forget)
Shokan

"Shotokan" might've been you getting confused with Street Fighter's Shotoclones.

I don't remember if Kintaro actually uses Fire, but Sheeva and Goro do, as they're natural-born dragonbreds.
Kintaro actually uses fire way more than Goro and Sheeva, being the only one to breathe out fire or spit fire balls...

Goro did get a variation in MKX that gives him those tricks too, but the name, Tigrar Fury, makes it obvious that it's a Kintaro callback.

And I already read into 11, so I know what some other kind of abilities are(I don't know if you know the information on that, so I won't spoil it for you).
Go ahead, but use spoiler tabs for the others to not see.

I'm just like you in that the lore interests me, so I don't mind spoilers.

I already explained a bit later, but it's important to note that the inhabitants of Outworld were split between who was a better rule, Onaga or Shao Kahn. They preferred Chaos(Onaga) or Law(Shao Kahn). Depends who it is. They both sucked as rulers, unlike Kotal, anyway.

Actually, Onaga ruled Outworld via Chaos at first, which is when Shao Kahn took over and ruled with order. Both are evil as hell. Many people did prefer order, so that's why Shao Kahn fit the place and people did actually like him as a the ruler legitimately. That's what I mean when I said reasonable.

Onaga definitely changed since being brought back, but Havik actually preferred him as the old ruler of Outworld due to his chaotic nature.
Huh... I didn't remember that.

All I remember from Deception is that Havik is weird and awesome :p

WHAT IF

That would be such a 1000 IQ play from them because we'd have never expected that.

Though the "Fatality" part isn't needed. That could be kept for the Final Smash.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Kintaro actually uses fire way more than Goro and Sheeva, being the only one to breathe out fire or spit fire balls...

Goro did get a variation in MKX that gives him those tricks too, but the name, Tigrar Fury, makes it obvious that it's a Kintaro callback.
Okay, never mind on using Goro with Incineroar. Use Kintaro with it instead~

Go ahead, but use spoiler tabs for the others to not see.
Kronika is a Goddess of Time. We also have a character similar to a golem with the same powers. She's basically the Titan to the Elder Gods, way more powerful. And the reason behind why Zombie Liu Kang exists and why he and Raiden went against each other. She actually offers the same thing to Scorpion to restore his clan. Obviously she lied to everyone with her offers, as she's severely selfish, and the big bad of the entire franchise. Even worse? Other Titans exist with her power. She outright killed the Elder Gods herself(offscreen), and only Gods are immune to her outright time powers... and possibly only certain ones?

Huh... I didn't remember that.

All I remember from Deception is that Havik is weird and awesome :p
I've been playing Shao Kahn in a roleplay for a long time. He eventually turned into a better person due to it. He normally hated dragons, but eventually became a friend to one. He also still had some kind of honor, as he was pissed when somebody kidnapped Sindel. Besides that, he had an issue with Kitana trying to date Zombie Liu Kang(mainly cause Liu Kang wasn't in the right of mind, not because he was a zombie). When he was moved to another roleplay, he also befriended a Pikachu. He's mellowed out a lot. One thing I did to make him more presentable as a character for the game's setting is he couldn't even smile without some glass breaking, as a silly curse to try and evolve him as an interesting character. That got changed to any time he cried. He also defended that particular Pikachu against Havik, which is part of why I mentioned it. His official God position is "Announcers", which means he can appear where any fight is just to say "Finish him!"

His other version was him as a member of a Schoolboard, as it was a fictional school full of mostly superpowered teenagers. And then some. He was pretty much the "Rules" guy. In fact, his official phrase is "I love the smell of Detention in the morning." Only showed up once due to a really annoying roleplayer who was causing too much trouble, so some divine intervention was needed.

Top Bottom