• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad parade - Oh boy it's Els--- I mean, Rosalina

What do you think will happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
What if none of Bowser Jr., Rosalina, Toad, Paper Mario, or Waluigi get in but we get Daisy and she turns out to be more OP than Metaknight.:troll:

What if none of Bowser Jr., Rosalina, Toad, Paper Mario, or Waluigi get in but we get Daisy and she turns out to be more OP than Metaknight.:troll:
Well that was random
I could only hope so. Sadly I don't think it'll hold in minority of the audience's interest for the series for long.
The absolute worst part about this is that Nintendo needs Smash 4 to bring up the sales of the Wii U and whatever direction Sakurai's taking (And from how it looks so far with the massive underhype), Nintendo is gonna lose 1 out of 3 of its big hitters (Smash 4, Zelda U, Mario 3DW).

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Just because the character is not playable in Smash 4, doesn't mean a game's sales will decline. :p
Agreed. Anyone that claims that they won't buy it because Toad isn't playable is probably a liar. I really hope K. Rool, Ridley, and Bowser Jr. make it, but even if all 3 didn't I would still buy it.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Just because the character is not playable in Smash 4, doesn't mean a game's sales will decline. :p

Yep. Quite contrary, in fact. This series will go on and on and still make loads of money in it's wake. Which just proves even further that our character wishes getting shafted don't matter an inch to Sakurai. (I don't think he even sees 'em?)

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
That picture is amazing.

Now that all hopes for Toad was flushed down the toilet, who do you guys think will be the next Mario representative (if there even is one)?

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
This thread isn't fun anymore. You guys should stop creating drama over a picture that restates September's status quo for an unfinished game. Both supporters and deniers need some perspective about what happened today. Until the next development, good bye.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I made this for you guys :(
Aww. That's both sweet and disturbing. I'd like to think the two would of got on well, both working for unappreciative monarchs, doing as much work as the hero who gets all the glory in their game and being members of a massive species of lookalikes.

Then Daisy will become inexplicably popular overnight. People will start wanting Daisy games, she'll be universally accepted as a staple of the series and people will start turning on Rosalina for stealing Daisy's place as the 5th secret character in 3D World.

Or alternatively everyone gives up on Sakurai simultaneously because he clearly isn't trying to fill the roster with unique characters who can bring something unique to Smash OR important/iconic characters. He's just being random for the sake of being random. That crazy kook.

I was always secretly hoping this was going to be Toad's B move if he did get in. Love it.

That picture is amazing.

Now that all hopes for Toad was flushed down the toilet, who do you guys think will be the next Mario representative (if there even is one)?
Bowser Jr is the most likely, but I sort of hate him for replacing all the Koopalings, and being a lazy rehash of Baby Bowser's design, a design I never liked to begin with. Perhaps hypocritically since I like Luigi despite him being green Mario.

Who do I want most after Toad? Errrr...Waluigi? I cannot muster the excitement for a flat version of Mario, a tiny childish Bowser or a one off character from a RPG that Nintendo don't even own the whole rights to. Frankly although she's more likely; Rosalina getting in over any of the former also smacks of distaste for me as well considering her one role as a "secret" playable character in a platformer somehow not only bypassed the other playable character in that game who is not secret and has a long history within the series, but also the second main antagonist, a character who represents the popular Mario spinoffs better than any other or one of the RPG mascots...

...okay, no, I still would be more mad if Geno got in over Rosalina, but the rest are stand up.

Agreed. Anyone that claims that they won't buy it because Toad isn't playable is probably a liar. I really hope K. Rool, Ridley, and Bowser Jr. make it, but even if all 3 didn't I would still buy it.
Agreed, we're probably all going to get one version of this. Although personally me buying a Wii U was dependent on seeing a newcomer I actually gave a damn about appearing, so I probably won't be buying the home console as a result. Unless Roy returns or Pac-Man gets in, the rest of my choices are pretty dang unlikely too.

I dunno. It's obviously bias talking, but far from being a Wii U console seller, with the game going multiplatform AND now the disappointment of the one newcomer I was really excited to see, I'm not sold on the console itself. I wonder how many others will feel the same, who currently don't have a Wii U and find out their newcomer of choice is deconfirmed?

Of course I'll support the 3DS version, but I think this is going to backfire on the Wii U sales overall. Not because of Toad, but just generally if a lot of exciting new newcomers and hopefuls get left out.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
If a Toad fan is devoted enough to not buy a Wii U for Smash, then they're probably devoted enough to buy one for 3D World.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
If a Toad fan is devoted enough to not buy a Wii U for Smash, then they're probably devoted enough to buy one for 3D World.
Would you buy an entire games console for Ridley, Bowser Jr or K. Rool?

3D World is tempting I'll admit, but it's still a lot to ask to buy a whole console for. Worst case scenario is I buy it and Nintendo thinks I got it because Rosalina's in it. That'd be a backfire.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Would you buy an entire games console for Ridley, Bowser Jr or K. Rool?

3D World is tempting I'll admit, but it's still a lot to ask to buy a whole console for. Worst case scenario is I buy it and Nintendo thinks I got it because Rosalina's in it. That'd be a backfire.
There's so many levels in 3D World, along with the speed run levels and the Captain Toad levels, that's a lot to offer for only $60. :grin:

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Would you buy an entire games console for Ridley, Bowser Jr or K. Rool?.
I think you're missing my point. I'm saying that if a Toad fan's reason for buying a Wii U is to play him in Smash, I'm sure 3D World is a sufficient substitute. Or more simply, Nintendo isn't losing Wii U sales because of Toad fans being upset that he's not in Smash because the same Toad fans will shell out to play as Toad in 3D World.

And yeah, if I was the type of person that was so enamored with K. Rool, Ridley, and Bowser Jr. that I would refuse to buy it because they aren't available, logic dictates that I would do the opposite in the opposite situation.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I think you're missing my point. I'm saying that if a Toad fan's reason for buying a Wii U is to play him in Smash, I'm sure 3D World is a sufficient substitute. Or more simply, Nintendo isn't losing Wii U sales because of Toad fans being upset that he's not in Smash because the same Toad fans will shell out to play as Toad in 3D World.
Ah ok, I did misunderstand.

In Toad's case a Wii U isn't so bad really since 3D World, NSMBWiiU and Luigi U all feature playable Toad's(as well as the upcoming Mario Kart and perhaps some other Mario spinoffs).

But will anything similar happen if a character who is unlikely to be included in an upcoming game for the Wii U be denied a Smash invite? That's my biggest concern; people are putting a lot of hope on K. Rool and Isaac and the likes and currently their inclusion in future games is looking bleak.

Interesting topic actually; maybe I'll bring it up in the Roster Speculation Thread a few weeks down the line when all the Toad talk is done with. I imagine if I bring it up now I'll receive a lot of backlash about being a butthurt Toad fan(which I guess I am a little right now). Unless someone else without 'Toad' in their username wants to bring it up in my stead.

There's so many levels in 3D World, along with the speed run levels and the Captain Toad levels, that's a lot to offer for only $60. :grin:
Since I'll be getting the chance to play this at a friend's house first, I'll probably eventually cave as always and purchase it eventually for myself...just maybe a year or two away later than I originally intended.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
If that happens, Waluigi fans are gonna be total *****. Same for the Jr. fans (I mean, look right now)
The Bowser Jr. fans were kinda always like that. To me, at least.

Or when Pit uses Palutena as a final smash or when Ridley is a background element.

THEN, we're all gonna burn down
Then after all our hopes become ashes, then you have my permission to die. /Bane

Well that was random
The absolute worst part about this is that Nintendo needs Smash 4 to bring up the sales of the Wii U and whatever direction Sakurai's taking (And from how it looks so far with the massive underhype), Nintendo is gonna lose 1 out of 3 of its big hitters (Smash 4, Zelda U, Mario 3DW).
On a more serious note, this... So much this.

They kinda shot themselves in the foot when it came to making Smash 4 for the 3DS as well to begin with, as far as the Wii U's sales go. I mean why bother getting a Wii U just for Sm4sh when you can get it on the 3DS you already have? Of course when they made that decision for Sm4sh, they didn't expect the Wii U to plummet the way it has.

And yeah, I would think too the last thing they could afford to do now is underhype Smash 4/make it underwhelming by deconfirming some of the current most popular choices like Toad and/or Ridley. Not that the game's total sales will automatically decline or anything because of that, but ya know.

Well, if Smash 4 doesn't end up helping the Wii U that much or as much as hoped for the reasons mentioned, can't say I'll have much sympathy (if any) for Nintendo/Sakurai there.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
A place where the sun don't shine?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
so Toad is pretty much dis confirmed to everyone right?

I mean what possible straws are there to grasp at now? Sakurai is just a troll?
Nah, we're done. Weirdly the only one's who are still suggesting him as a possibility are sudden Toad fans coming out the woodwork we haven't seen posting in here before.
Very strange they picked now to come forward as a supporter of all times.

I am going to address the elephant in the room, we all know that Toad is snatch fungus, correct? So where did Toad pull Peach from?
His Peaches.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
As chances go Toad is 98% done, 1% DLC and 1% Sakurai is f**king with us again.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'd prefer Bowser Jr. over Toad to be honest, although I still support Toad's inclusion, and I'd hate it if Jr., Waluigi or Rosalina supporters decide to poke fun at Toad supporters if their character got in instead of Toad. That would be imaturity at it's finest.

And yeah, I'd rather NOT know where Toad pulled Peach out from.

D

Deleted member

berserker01 said:
If that happens, Waluigi fans are gonna be total *****.
Just popping in to say I at the very least won't be one of those fans.
If on the off-chance Waluigi does make it in, my dickishness will be directed at those who have trashed him and trashed me for supporting him.
Some of those people may be Toad fans, but my taunting would have nothing to do with his exclusion and everything to do with Waluigi's inclusion.

D

Deleted member

I'd prefer Bowser Jr. over Toad to be honest, although I still support Toad's inclusion, and I'd hate it if Jr., Waluigi or Rosalina supporters decide to poke fun at Toad supporters if their character got in instead of Toad. That would be imaturity at it's finest.
My thoughts exactly.
Bowser Jr. is my second most wanted newcomer right now. If he got in, I would be really ecstatic! Though, I would still feel upset for the Toad fans and I highly sympathize with them. It has come to the point where I am rooting for Toad now and I am hoping to see him be playable.
When Sakurai said that he was going to refresh Peach's moves, I was also hoping that Toad could be replaced by Toadsworth or some generic Toad (not a hard thing to do). When I saw the pic this morning, I was admittedly sad.

If Mewtwo gets deconfirmed, Ridley becomes a stage hazard, Little Mac is once again an Assist Trophy, Palutena is a part of Pit's Final Smash, and if Bandana Dee is a part of King Dedede's moveset, I foresee major bloodshed among Smash fans.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
That picture is amazing.

If Toad isn't in, there probably won't be a new mario character.
Actually never mind, that came from rational thought, and thus isn't applicable here.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This thread isn't fun anymore. You guys should stop creating drama over a picture that restates September's status quo for an unfinished game. Both supporters and deniers need some perspective about what happened today. Until the next development, good bye.
Fine... wanna discuss why the hell would Sakurai persist at giving us false hope after blatantly deconfirming Toad? I am talking about this...

Pic of the day. Super Mario 3D World is out today in Japan! To commemorate the occasion I had these four…people(?) come together in a group shot.

きょうの一枚。
『スーパーマリオ 3Dワールド』発売!
そこで、基本となる4人を並べてみました。 ……4人??

The comment is questioning if there are really four characters or not.... the picture clearly shows three playable characters. I could be in denial and say Toad is really playable, Sakurai just doesn't want to confirm Toad just yet because he is not revealing newcomers this year so that makes sense why Toad didn't get confirmed today... or that Toad is really unlockable as implied by the question mark inside the parentheses (English) or the double question marks (Japanese)... and that it doesn't make sense for Sakurai to confirm veterans to promote new games but deconfirm Toad to promote Super Mario 3D World unless Sakurai is continuing his mind games... that Sakurai is purposefully making Toad fans lose all hope now so he would blow our minds when he surprises us with a playable Toad when the game comes out... but I am not going to fall for Sakurai's mind games again. Toad is deconfirmed. No Toad. No Blue Toad. No Captain Toad.

D

Deleted member

The only ones that would cause serious uproars would be Mewtwo and Ridley.

Everything else has a varying degree of uproar potential.

@Zzuxon: A Toad being playable in Smash was always a mixed bag. These hissy fits as if it was supposedly the second killing of Jesus are 5% amusing, 95% aggravating.

@Arcadenik: It's clear Sakurai was poking a joke at the fact that Toad's status as a "person" is questionable since Toads aren't humans.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Just popping in to say I at the very least won't be one of those fans.
If on the off-chance Waluigi does make it in, my ****ishness will be directed at those who have trashed him and trashed me for supporting him.
Some of those people may be Toad fans, but my taunting would have nothing to do with his exclusion and everything to do with Waluigi's inclusion.
Would pretty much do the same if Rosalina were actually included, though despite the recent increase in hype for her, I don't see her as that much more likely (if at all) than I did before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom