• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad Discussion

fireyredmystic

Smash Cadet
Poor Peach. She'll get her counter taken away. Her counter that shouldn't be used by any good Peach player. That one, yes. :laugh:

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
Yeah, his taunt should be him waving, while saying "Hi" like he does in Double Dash or something. I can see him having the Mario 3-hit A combo, U-smash could be a headbutt (more like a head thrust actually), he should get turnips like Peach, but randomly pull out monsters from Wario Woods (already mentioned), and I can't think of an Up+B for him, but he better get one if he's in.

Toad and Geno are the only two, now that Metaknight was revealed, that I REALLY want to see in Brawl.

Here hoping!

Shark X

Smash Lord
Everyone's hopeing for Sonic and Geno. They better look at what the fans want and get those two in.

I can see Toad's Up B as the shroom part of his head inflats with spoors, damgaing those around, as well as floating him up as if the find if putting his inflated shroom head upwards.

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
I can see his dash-A being like Luigi's, or just some sort of slide, but I picture his arms flailing like that when you see him in the first Adventure level. ;)

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Defrinatley the best choice for a Mario character. I don't care how bad they would make him, just sa long as his taunt is "OKAY!"

ROBERT2K95

Smash Apprentice
I know Wario will have a fart attack,but I think he would have some ground pounding and punching - kicking attacks. Toad,I don't think he will have some good attacks or have any attacks.Though Toad is only a slave really.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
ROBERT2K95 said:
I know Wario will have a fart attack,but I think he would have some ground pounding and punching - kicking attacks. Toad,I don't think he will have some good attacks or have any attacks.Though Toad is only a slave really.
Seriousely, have you read the rest of this thread? There are any number of things Toad can do.

Play Mario 2, Wario's Woods, Mario RPG (For the vast array of assorted Toads doing stuff), Mario Kart, The sports games, and Mario 1 and you could piece together a wonderful character, like they did with Peach (A fantastic patch-job in her own right).

Seriousely people, Read threads!

Edit: Wow, I went to edit "Negative Nancies" to say "Read the entire thread before you post" But I already made that edit 6 days ago, so the best I can do is point you to the link in my sig.

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
I think Toad needs to be representative of the Mario Party series, back when he was the ultimate party host. Seriously, Toad knew how to party...hard. Rumor has it that Toad was a better party host than Hugh Heffner himself. (Toad being a living aphrodesiac and all...) Seriously, though. Toad has always been my favorite Nintendo character, and I've wanted him in ever since I mistook an early Melee screenshot of Peach's B attack. :( You could make a whole moveset for Toad based off of Mario Party, though. Personally, I'd like his Smash B to be throwing a die, and the die does different damage based on the number that appears, sort of a hybrid between Peach's Turnip and G&W's Number...flag...thingie.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Jenkins: Spy Monkey said:
I think Toad needs to be representative of the Mario Party series, back when he was the ultimate party host. Seriously, Toad knew how to party...hard. Rumor has it that Toad was a better party host than Hugh Heffner himself. (Toad being a living aphrodesiac and all...) Seriously, though. Toad has always been my favorite Nintendo character, and I've wanted him in ever since I mistook an early Melee screenshot of Peach's B attack. :( You could make a whole moveset for Toad based off of Mario Party, though. Personally, I'd like his Smash B to be throwing a die, and the die does different damage based on the number that appears, sort of a hybrid between Peach's Turnip and G&W's Number...flag...thingie.
I really like this Idea, as long as he gets some Mario 2 love. And maybe even Mario Kart love, cause that is sorely underrepresented.

Rowe

Smash Cadet
For those of you who think Toad(s) are actual mushrooms, its a hat. There are many examples in the games that prove they wear hats, especially Paper Mario 2. In PM2 the train conductor has a regular train hat, the lost Toads on the island are all dirty and have patches in their hats...etc. Just FYI for those who think Toad actualy has spores inside him...tho its odd kuz the Bean people are actually living beans yet the Toads are just little people with hats. >>

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
i always imagined that they actually are fungi, just shaped like people. this includes the princess. which is a bit creepy. fungi evolved into humanoid shape.

this is all irrespective of the hats. ;)

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
kilroy said:
i always imagined that they actually are fungi, just shaped like people. this includes the princess. which is a bit creepy. fungi evolved into humanoid shape.

this is all irrespective of the hats. ;)
You watched the movie way too much.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
dotdotdot! said:
You watched the movie way too much.

lol i've seen it maybe twice? but it must have sunk in really deep into my unconscious, as i tried to purge that movie from my memory. *shudder*

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
parrothead said:
Peach uses Toad as one of here special moves.
which isn't a problem, as there were 7 toadstools in the first Super Mario game, and the Kingdom is full of them.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
parrothead's sig said:
Overlooked Nintendo characters are what I'd prefer the most.
Toad is pretty overlooked if you ask me. Half the time he's unplayable, part time he doesn't even make an appearance, and the rest of the time he's just a minor character. Toad needs to be in smash.

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
kilroy said:
which isn't a problem, as there were 7 toadstools in the first Super Mario game, and the Kingdom is full of them.
Not only that, but Peach could just as easily use Toadsworth. Or, if they wanted, they could change it to Parry, her umbrella from Super Princess Peach.

parrothead

Smash Lord
One reason why they added Toad as one of Peach's moves, probably because Toad is her toughest shield. If she used other Mushroom Retainers (including Toadette and Toadsworth), they would easily be wounded.

The difference between Toad and Mushroom Retainers is the same kind of difference between Kamek and MagiKoopas.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
parrothead said:
One reason why they added Toad as one of Peach's moves, probably because Toad is her toughest shield. If she used other Mushroom Retainers (including Toadette and Toadsworth), they would easily be wounded.

The difference between Toad and Mushroom Retainers is the same kind of difference between Kamek and MagiKoopas.

i can feel that. but i'd still be fine with Toad as a PC and a Toad block move. it wouldn't break my world. =)

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I think that Toad would easily kill anyone in the game if he used steroids. This is a perfect pic. (I didn't draw this btw)

A discussion dedicated to Toad? Wow, that has to be one of the most boring discussions known to man.

magar

Banned via Administration
Marshigio said:
I think that Toad would easily kill anyone in the game if he used steroids. This is a perfect pic. (I didn't draw this btw)

Ryu and Toad fused it looks like.
Awesome picture ;)
Please don't hate on Toad commonyoshi, what did he do to you? :p

Luiginater

Smash Apprentice
if Toad is in Brawl he is going to be my main charecter even if he is bad at fighting because I will find some way to get good at him

Flint

Smash Rookie
If they alredy had Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Peach, Bowser, DK and Wario in the game, Toad needs to be in it as he would be the only Original Mario Kart character left out (we all know that Wario Remplaced Koopa Troopa) with the full Mario Kart 64 lineup in Brawl they don´t need any other Mario Character.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Doubtful. Pichu sucked in all the games it has participated in; Toad, by contrast, hasn't. He's known as speedy, and powerful as well (mainly from SMB2).

Like Pichu speed-wise? Sure.
Like Pichu power-wise? Unsure - could go either way, depending on what they use as a reference for Toad.
Like Pichu suckiness-wise? Definitely not. Sakurai (and Nintendo) wouldn't let a Mario character be completely sucktastic...except Bowser. =)

Top Bottom